PDA

View Full Version : Whats happened to Indianpilots.com??

vikram_nz
25th May 2007, 07:03
Does anyone have information whats wrong with IP.com? has the address changed or what?

divinesoul
25th May 2007, 07:41
Well nobody knows not even the moderators know what happened to the site except for the adminstrator.Noone knows the real identity of the administrator except that he uses the nickname capt jack sparrow.
It would be a shame if the site is not back because there were lot of info pertaining to the Indian aviation especially for wannabees.Although there were a lot of repeated posts but i guess that is inevitable when the administrator has given limited powers to the mods.

also the site was being heavily spammed .i wonder if its closed to get rid of the spam.

haree
25th May 2007, 11:00
It indeed was infected with spambots. But that was only in the forum and the site neednt have to be shut down as a whole..

anyways lets hope it'll come back online soon.

divinesoul
26th May 2007, 05:22
haree

Do you think the administrator of IP.com is aware that its no longer available?

Pushpak
26th May 2007, 09:49
very sad indeed...thought the indian pilot site was a good site to share info, hope it comes back on the air soon..

deepbluesomethin
27th May 2007, 05:00
i think capt. jack did the right thing...however i do feel sad for all the "good" info. on the website...am sure he got scik of the kinda ppl logged on...

vikram_nz
28th May 2007, 06:08
why would capt jack shut the website down bcoz of the kind of people logging on??? he hardly used to reply and most of the 'Reliable' information used to come from Capt. Bala., Haree and a few others anyway.

I dont think there was anything wrong with the people that used to logon IP, they are just young excited lads, they just had to be told to do their homework properly b4 asking questions.

LomSeeWak
29th May 2007, 15:00
really sad to see it go :*.....I kinda miss it!
Hope it gets back soon....

Any other sites on similar lines available??

haree
2nd Jun 2007, 16:40
Some of the members of indianpilots.com forum have decided to start 2 new forums..
One for the so called wanna-bes to discuss wat used to be the largest threads in old IP.com this is hosted at
http://indianpilots.great-forum.com
Capt Bala on the other hand has started one for discussion flying exclusively be it training or otherwise ... This is
http://indianpilots.forumotion.com
I prefer hanging around the 2nd one due to obvious reasons :hmm:

vikram_nz
3rd Jun 2007, 00:33
Good Idea, Thanks for the info.