PDA

View Full Version : Combining video and stills

Cornish Jack
20th May 2007, 22:27
Have recently made a video of a family wedding. No storyboarding, so all sequencing done 'on the wing'. The results aren't too bad but need filling out with some scene setting stills. In the past I had a program which allowed combining JPEGs with video footage - can no longer find it.
Does anyone know of such software - preferably free!!
TIA

MightyGem
22nd May 2007, 00:47
Yes, iMovie. It comes free with every Mac. :}

vapilot2004
22nd May 2007, 05:45
One idea:
The video capture software on the PC should have a way to input a signal from any video source, so you could then use a video camera directly to capture printed stills of the subject photos. Zoom/pan/fade/focus effects could be added on the fly and made to look very nice if there is a tripod on hand.

Idea II:
A free program is available from Microsoft.com called Windows Movie Maker has image incorporation, audio track addition and titling features. More info here. (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/default.mspx)

Good Luck!

Beagle-eye
22nd May 2007, 12:39
Agree with the previous poster. I used Microsoft Movie Maker for the first time a month ago and it did all that I needed. I was able to edit several movie clips, intersperse them with still photo's put an opening text credit on it and add a soundtrack.

I hate to say it about a Microsoft product but ... it just worked and was very easy to use :ok:

gingernut
23rd May 2007, 09:01
My camera came with a piece of software "picturemania," which works quite well. It saves faffing about, as you select the pics/video's, soundtrack and titles, and it jiggles them all about and produces a video.

Some of the automatic effects look good, but the lack of control can be a bit annoying.