PDA

View Full Version : Duxford: Pup & Bulldog Bonus Day Sat 2nd June 2007

alphaalpha
19th May 2007, 14:37
Duxford Bonus Day -- Pups and Bulldogs -- 2nd June 2007
The next event is the Pup and Bulldog Bonus Day on 2nd June. -- arrive in either of these aircraft and enjoy the discounts and benefits below.
Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying -- Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina and other rare types are based at Duxford.
The Bonus days offer substantially discounted prices: qualifying types of aircraft (or pilots) will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. A single or a twin can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free. In the case of the November and December Bonus days, all aircraft will qualify.
The 2007 programme gets better. On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers and on most Bonus days, we will organise a short guided tour of some part of the museum, probably starting at 12.30 (local). The £20+ million ‘AirSpace’ project is already partly open and will be complete this Summer – really a ‘must-see.’
Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/
The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day.
Future bonus days are:
July 14th Taildragger/Robin Bonus Day – any Robin or any taildragger
Aug11th Piper Bonus Day – any Piper Single
Sept 1st Surprise Bonus Day (watch the press)
Oct 27th Halloween Bonus (any aircraft – wear costume)
Dec 15th Christmas Dinner Bonus Day
Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.
Alan.

alphaalpha
23rd May 2007, 06:18
In case anybody was confused, I have corrected my first posting. You get the discounts if you visit in a Pup or Bulldog, not a twin. Sorry :O:O

Quite a few aircraft are expected, so (if the weather is kind) it should be a good day.

The new Airspace hangar is almost complete and open for visitors -- the 'official' opening is in July.

Alan.