PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all the 206 Drivers who helped.

GaugeHead
19th May 2007, 11:21
Hey, just wanted to thank Bell Helicopter, all the pilots, and the mechanics who helped me with specs, data, and pictures on the B206. :ok:

It was much appreciated, and with it I finally finshed the sim project allowing use of correct start procedures and wanted to share a picture with you of the final 2D cockpit.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/Benchmark_Avionics/AdvancedPanel2.png

Thanks,

Patrick
Benchmark Avionics

ManOnTheSticks
19th May 2007, 11:29
Hi

It looks really good, are you going to make it avalable to the public?

Cheers
MOTS

GaugeHead
19th May 2007, 12:12
Yes, it is an add-on to MS Flight Simulator. You can read a description of it on http://shop.benchmark-avionics.com.

It is still evolving. Now that the basics are done, I plan to add VRS, some blade slap sound effects, and some other cool things eventually if there is enough interest.

Right now, the main thing it does great is allow you to start like the real deal. But for some reason, it is my favorite helicopter.

Patrick

wind for sale
19th May 2007, 16:53
Is the blade slap ect gonna be another download which we would have to pay for if we had already payed for this one??? Also is there the 3D cockpit or is it just the 2D??

Thanks
Mike

wind for sale
19th May 2007, 16:55
Also can you pull ALL of the CB's and swiches or is it just some of them?

Thanks
Mike

Brilliant Stuff
19th May 2007, 17:51
Very swish.:ok:

GaugeHead
19th May 2007, 22:23
Is the blade slap ect gonna be another download which we would have to pay for if we had already payed for this one???

That effect and some other things will be free. Some add-ons down the road might be small add-ons, like an IFR upgrade (with say an RMI, and DME etc.), but we'll see, but will be inexpensive. There is actually a lot of annunciators (like ENG FIRE) that are there, but not installed in the panel for optional equipment that may eventually be hooked up too.

Also is there the 3D cockpit or is it just the 2D??

This is currently just a 2D panel. We are working on a model. It will be released in 2 stages, the exterior model, and a 3D (VC) interior model. As FS just changed versions, modeling for it just became more complex, so it will be a bit before either are finished as we plan for every switch to also work from the VC so you never have to switch views and can continue to use the GaugeInput™ technology to start with your joystick.

Also can you pull ALL of the CB's and swiches or is it just some of them?

You can pull all of them. :eek: However, some (like the ICS) do nothing as there is no ICS in FS. Others like (RMI) do nothing yet, as an RMI gauge is not in the base package, but will be part of a larger small IFR upgrade planned later. Some (like GEN FIELD) do nothing yet but will later when I learn more about how they should be used.

The whole thing will evolve over time with input from those in the know.

Patrick

GaugeHead
26th May 2007, 07:05
Something has been buggin me about my knowledge of turbine startups.

Basically, I understand that the TOT will rapidly rise to about 750°C then fall to 520°C by about N1 30% on ignition provided one keeps the starter depressed.

I also understand the basic concept that the starter is keep depressed to 58% N1 as that is the point at which the turbine is self-sustaining.

What I'm less clear about is what happens (not that you would do this) if you let up on the starter button in different ranges of N1, and why.

I would guess there is a low range like say under 30% where there is definately not enough suction to sustain the turbine and it will heat up to a certain level, but if left to spin down to zero, does it flame out? Would the TOT go through 1000°C or just go yellow?

Based on how turbines work, can anyone explain in theory what would happen at different points? Any difference at say 40% or 60% N1?

Thanks for your thoughts and helping me better understand turbines.

Helicopter pilots rock!