PDA

View Full Version : Bond Aviation

lgt
19th Nov 2005, 22:03
Hi,

I want anybody to tell me what´s the difference between the 737TR + line training with Astraeus program that both Hubair and Bond Aviation offer. With which one of them do I have more options to get a job with Astraeus?

I´ve been looking for Bond web page but I haven´t found anything. Could any tell me?

Thanks!

Localiser Green
20th Nov 2005, 12:11
See http://www.bondaviationsolutions.com.

lgt
20th Nov 2005, 12:33
Thanks for replying.

After visiting Bond web I´ve seen that line training is conducted by eaglejet.com, but in that page it doesn´t say anything about that. I used to think line training was conducted by Astraeus... really confusing!

wince
21st Nov 2005, 10:48
Up to 100 hours of line training with Astraeus. If you want more hours you need to do it through Eaglejet, but I don't know why.

lgt
21st Nov 2005, 14:13
But is it with www.eaglejet.com or with www.eaglejet.net ´cos they are so different...

Davidils20l
16th Apr 2006, 15:54
I have a good number of MEP hours (+1200) and total time of over 3000. Am ready for the next step and would like to go airline on the jets. I have accepted the crunch and although not happy (a different thread) am prepared to pay for my type rating.

Am looking around and everybody (CAE, CTC, Bond) all seem to say the same thing, that they pool out to the airlines.

It seems that CAE send of to Ryanair, CTC to easy jet and Bond to Astreaus.

Question been that when I complete my type rating with one of these training organizations, am I limited to whom I am hirable to.

I have researched on PPrune about the training facilities, and do not need this info, just basically, what happens next?????
:confused:

no sponsor
16th Apr 2006, 21:44
CAE are retained by Ryanair to supply type rated pilots, once they have passed the selection. They are not the fastest people to respond to your application though. If you have contacts, it is better going directly to Ryanair to sort out the sim ride. Be prepared to wait 4-6 months to get onto a TR course once selected.

CTC - must not be 34 years old. If you are, you can't apply!

Bond are a wholly owned subsidiary of Astraeus. You can go on to buy hours on type, but they aren't looking for any pilots at the moment on the 737.

You should maybe try Flybe.

Raffe69
3rd Aug 2006, 21:05
Would anyone have any feedback on Bond Aviation Solutions and their type rating training?
I am looking to complete a self sponsored type rating course and have been able to gather information on Parc and Randhem but have not seen anything about Bond.:ugh:
Any information good or bad would be welcome.

Antonio Montana
4th Aug 2006, 10:00
Hi there
Have a look at this thread by Flyfish:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229685
He and I both did our rating there together, any questions PM or email me.
Tony

kingfisher2
22nd Sep 2006, 22:29
Hi I'm coming back to this after some years out of business. I would really appreciate some straight forward advise. I am considering renewing my 737 rating with Bond. As it has been more than 5 years am looking at the full 737NG course plus the 30-50 hrs line sector package. I already have some time on the aircraft (10 years ago) and am hoping a fresh rating and 100+ hours on type may get me a job. (Total Hours 400+)

Can any one give some constructive advise/opinions please before I go for what I think is a no turning back option

Thanx

CCAAG
8th Mar 2007, 16:31
Type rating

Friends recommended a school called Bond Aviation Solutions at Getwick. Anyone has some idea about it? How is it in terms of tuition and reputation?

Besides, will it be easier for B757 pilots to get a job than B737 pilots? Is it difficult to convert from B757 to B767?

Thanks.:)

MrHorgy
8th Mar 2007, 18:47
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the B757 and 767 share a common type rating, so you can fly both but with a short differences course - nothing major.

Can't really comment on Bond, although i've heard from various sources that there's a shortage of B757 F/O's, just look at jet2!

Horgy

lunars
15th Mar 2007, 12:35
Dear pprune,
Have you heard of Bond aviation type ratings if so anyone who have done training there whats your opinion.In short are they good training school.Need some insight in to the Type ratings please .

ITA
16th Mar 2007, 08:10
Hello,
I highly recommend Bond.
One instructor is the Chief of training for a well established airline in the states. He is very competent and has a lot of experience in teaching.

The office will also make sure all the paperwork is done properly (one guy there have been working for the faa).

Be aware as I heard some training provider left people behind or sitting to wait for a class start.

PM me for more.

Cheers.

bolty_1000
23rd Apr 2007, 08:30
Does anyone have any experience of Bond Aviation Services, Florida? www.bondaviationservices.com

I have been in contact with them about a SSTR. Whilst the obvious benefits are a cheaper Type Rating does anyone know the rules/regs on having, what I am assuming is an FAA rating, and applying for jobs in the UK?

Cheers

caramel
24th Apr 2007, 00:17
Yes it is an FAA type rating and assuming you want to convert it to JAA consult Lasors, which state;
You need 500hrs on type and an LST to convert it to JAA licence
or
With just a type rating and no experience you need to do training at a JAA TRTO but it doesnt state how much training is required then do the written test and LST.
Also if you have a JAA licence you need a letter of verification for CAA then apply to FAA for it to be converted to a FAA CPL which you need to do a written test for.
It'd be no good on its own your prob better off going to Randhem get a type rating there for about £10k and you dont need so much messing around.
FAA would be cheaper if you were going to the far east to fly as your FAA licence is recognised as a ICAO licence then.
Hope this makes sense as i have red eye and its about to close zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bolty_1000
24th Apr 2007, 13:35
thanks for that.....really helpful!!

alex111
18th May 2007, 17:20
Hi all... was wondering if anyone has recently\ or is currently doing a TR with bond aviation... if so could you give me some information regarding the place (professionality, job connections, etc...)

thanx,
alex.

Hell-bent-on-flying
21st May 2007, 11:34
I will not be so diplomatic as pilotmike.

I have been in the Bond machine for over a year now, still without the line training promised. The ground school and sim work went without a hitch very good in deed no complaints there,:ok: six weeks for both. Took another five weeks for the base training to be scheduled after being told it would be about a week, can't realy complain as these things happen, after all I am a patient person.
Start of the problems:eek:. Air side pass! filled in all the forms when I enrolled on the course so you would hope 12 weeks later they would have started the process of applying:= this became there delaying tatic (proven to be true by the very admitance of an ex employee now! rip PK). 18 weeks after starting the course I finally get my airside pass:D I have no unusual back ground to cause such a delay, in fact none of us on our course does, PURE and SIMPLE case of delaying tatics.
HERE WE GO CAN SMELL THE JET FUMES:) started to do some jump seat rides this was the life I thought. Kept phoning to see when I was to rostered my first line flight NEXT MONTH was the answer so I would phone again at the end of the month sorry it will be next month I promise! another month passes oh sorry we will try for next month our line training capability has decreased due to unforseen circumstances:*. So to cut a very very very long story short this has continued to this day, promise after promise which are always broken:mad:!
The really anoying point is they keep enrolling people for this course knowing full well they can not honour their commitment.
My advice stay well clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell-bent-on-flying
21st May 2007, 12:35
I have been in the Bond machine for over a year now, still without the line training promised. The ground school and sim work went without a hitch very good in deed no complaints there,:ok: six weeks for both. Took another five weeks for the base training to be scheduled after being told it would be about a week, can't realy complain as these things happen, after all I am a patient person.
Start of the problems:eek:. Air side pass! filled in all the forms when I enrolled on the course so you would hope 12 weeks later they would have started the process of applying:= this became there delaying tatic (proven to be true by the very admitance of an ex employee now! rip PK). 18 weeks after starting the course I finally get my airside pass:D I have no unusual back ground to cause such a delay, in fact none of us on our course does, PURE and SIMPLE case of delaying tatics.
HERE WE GO CAN SMELL THE JET FUMES:) started to do some jump seat rides this was the life I thought. Kept phoning to see when I was to rostered my first line flight NEXT MONTH was the answer so I would phone again at the end of the month sorry it will be next month I promise! another month passes oh sorry we will try for next month our line training capability has decreased due to unforseen circumstances:*. So to cut a very very very long story short this has continued to this day, promise after promise which are always broken:mad:!
The really anoying point is they keep enrolling people for this course knowing full well they can not honour their commitment.
My advice stay well clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badboy raggamuffin
21st May 2007, 16:20
Any chance of you clarifying exactly what course you are on? Chreers.

lookoutbelow
21st May 2007, 17:15
Hell bent on flying

I as a current instructor for Bond am very interested to read your post. It is interesting in that the comments you make regarding the ground school, SIM and base training TRTO portions of the course are “very good indeed”. I therefore think that you saying “stay far away” is a little unfair to the hardworking instructors and admin staff at Bond and is purely based on the situation you find yourself in with regards to line training provision on the B737.

As you know, and were no doubt aware when you started your course with them, the line training portion of your course is done through a third party airline and bond act purely as a broker for this portion of the course. They neither own, nor lease, nor operate any aircraft and are only a TRTO. Clearly I am aware that there have been problems and significant delays in providing the line training over the last 12 months. However, this I understand was outside there control and unforeseen due to an overnight fleet reduction within the airline completing the line training on their behalf. In fact I know that recent developments have seen a number of students begin there training (I have completed some of there recurrent training) as well as a deal being struck with another line training provider which has been offered as I understand it to all students in the queue at a discounted rate. I would be surprised if you are not either in the process of or have not already been rostered for recurrent SIM training / line training. If not could it be because of your attitude, people do not respond to threats and “rants” very well in my experience its not good CRM! Just a thought!

Also I may be wrong but have you actually paid for any line training with Bond? I understand that most, if not all of the students currently waiting for line training have not paid nor been asked to pay and therefore it is not like Bond have taken the money and run off into the sunset like some other flying training organisations have done in the past. They are doing there best to find other alternatives and communicate them to their students in a professional manner.

I have been in the industry for some time now and the business of paying for line training through Bond or any other provider for that matter on commercial operations is not as easy as going into a supermarket and buying your groceries. Things change, airlines change, fleets change, decision makers change, situations change etc. We are in a highly changeable industry and we as professional pilots who should be able to adapt. If you are not happy with the service you have got with regards to the line training, fine, move on and find another operator to do it with. Vote with your feet, they don’t owe you anything, you don’t owe them anything (do you?).

Also to say that they are still selling the programme and cannot fulfil there commitments is in fact not true at all. I have checked and the maximum line training offered on the B737 is 10 sectors and all students looking at completing that are now pre-warned that it is on an availability basis only and are being offered line training with another provider as I am sure you have been at a discounted rate.

I stay in touch with a number of students I have taught through Bond in the passed and all are more than satisfied with the training they have received and I can honestly say that of the many TRTO’s I have had the pleasure of dealing with Bond is one of the best.

Lookoutbelow

pilotmike
21st May 2007, 20:53
Lookoutbelow

Whilst much of what you say is factually correct RW, I think it fails to address the central issue that students are attracted to go to Bond for their TR on the basis that line training is offered, yet the line training availability always seems to be 'next week' or 'next month'.

I am aware of students who enrolled on TR courses as long ago as March and April 2006, completing their TR one year ago, who still haven't received any line training. In other words, they have been kept in limbo for a whole year, waiting for line training they were offered, but which hasn't materialised. Many will have given up well paid jobs to start the Bond course after being assured it will be be completed in certain timescales, only to find that up to a year later they still haven't received a crucial component of their chosen course. It would seem that Hell-bent-on-flying is one such disgruntled student.

There are many TRTOs that potential jet pilots can go to for their TR training, but as I said, Bond appears to use the enticement of line training to attract students. The problem then is that many who pay for say a 737 TR with Bond but who then find that they can't get their line training might then go to say Ryanair to seek employment, only to learn that Ryanair would only accept a new 737 FO who had done a TR at their approved school. Unless that 737 pilot who has already shelled out over £20,000 to Bond is prepared to pay for their TR all over again (and who in their right mind would consider doing that?!), they have effectively excluded themselves from employment with the biggest 737 employer in the UK, by being lured to Bond and the offer of line training.

You yourself said:

"If you are not happy with the service you have got with regards to the line training, fine, move on and find another operator to do it with. Vote with your feet"

but the problem is most people are finding out about the lack of line training too late to realise the doors they are closing by starting a TR with Bond, when historically there is a low probability of completing line training in reasonable timescales.

It is interesting that your response above bears remarkable parallels to the one you wrote under the 'Astraeus' thread on 7th September 2005. It seems little has changed.

PM

lookoutbelow
22nd May 2007, 08:44
Pilot Mike,

Everything I said in the above post is factually correct to the best of my knowledge.

Bond Aviation Solutions has trained around 400 pilots in nearly 5 years of trading both as part of Astraeus and since there separation last year. Of the 400 pilots, I would estimate 300 have completed line training to some degree. During that 5 years there have been two “bottle necks” to B737 line training, it has only ever effected the B737 and not the B757 I will point out.

You are correct I did post a similar post back in Sep 2005 and this was about the time of the first bottle neck. You are also quite correct little has changed – that being line training is still a difficult product to supply, especially when you have no direct control over it. As I said on my previous post buying line training is not as easy as picking something off the shelf and paying for it and if you do not realise that when paying for a type rating course costing c.£16-20k then I suggest you as a professional pilot have not done your homework or research…as you rightly said this has been documented before both with Bond and other line training providers. Bond when asked about timescales for completing line training have always to my knowledge given “predicted” or “likely” timescales and I have often heard the phrase used “subject to operational availability”. Bond do not contract legally to timescales because of the very nature of the product and because they do not have direct control over it.

Interestingly I had to speak to a couple of colleagues last night on another matter, both were ex-Bond students, both completed line training during 2006 and both were in and out with 100Hrs in less than 6 months from the day they started the ground school. Both now work for Astraeus as FO’s on the B737.

I would also like to make you aware of the following:
12 B737-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2006 direct from completed 100Hr LT courses
6 B737-FO’s taken on in 2007 by AEU already direct from 100 Hr LT Courses
6 B757-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2007 already direct from LT Packages
At least 6 B757-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2006 from line training packages
That is just by AEU……..No other airlines…….

I believe that is the selling point of the Bond courses, the TRTO provides excellent training and provides a very real chance that you will get a job on completion. It does not work for all and that is made cleat before you start a course, nothing is promised! What is promised is excellent training in the TRTO, guaranteed base training, a friendly and conducive learning environment and value for money. I honestly believe that is delivered, time and time again by the TRTO.

You are correct there are a number of other TRTO’s that offer B737 TR training, how many even attempt to offer the line training product as a bolt on? Very few I suggest! That is because it is problematic and does not always run true to course. Again this is the aviation industry we are in and if you haven’t discovered it is unpredictable and highly changeable then I am very surprised. Bond get approx three calls a week from unhappy students who have signed up for just the basic TR at TRTO’s across Europe and subsequently the TRTO cannot even offer base training let alone line training….. The guys can’t even get the type on their licence!

With regards Ryanair etc, they do not offer hours on type as a bolt on to a SF TR course, you are comparing two completely different products here. All students have choices to make after qualifying with fATPL, some try flying instructing, some try cadetship schemes (FR / CTC ) some fire off endless CV’s, some pay for type ratings. Bond don’t force students to come on courses or sign up for line training, in fact they do very little marketing at all compared to many other FTO/TRTO’s most students come via word of mouth and that speaks volumes! Bond actually started offering the LT due to popular demand from the early students that enrolled on the TR courses.

I also disagree with you comment about “finding out to late” and the “doors closing” for students having completed line training. One of the largest line training providers advertises in the back of Flight International every week for about 10 Years and has been offering 300 Hrs LT on B737’s at only a slightly higher cost than Bonds 100 Hrs just as long. Not only that they work closely with Bond, with Bond being there preferred supplier of rated students from the UK and Bond are happy to introduce students to them and even facilitate a discount! However, the above company, the largest line training provider in the world that I am aware of, also suffer delays, not always there fault, it is the nature of the beast unfortunately! Again this is all well documented.

I will re-iterate, If you are unhappy for a product that you haven’t even paid for, that for reasons outside a company’s control they can no longer provide in the “anticipated” timescale, then you as a customer (all be it you haven’t paid) have the right to move on and find another supplier. It really is as easy as that, there is no contract.

Mike F I wish you well with your new job ….

Lookoutbelow

lookoutbelow
22nd May 2007, 09:10
Hell bent on flying,

I am assuming that dspite your "RHants" you still wish to complete your LPC/OPC in preperation for the line training we are currently arranging for you in GOT?

Regards

LOB

Hell-bent-on-flying
22nd May 2007, 10:24
Actually in training with another provider now, start flying the line in the next few weeks!
You still failed to address the issue!

P.S you had all the money upfront which I am still trying to get back for the unnecessary Astraeus specific courses.

Dried ears
22nd May 2007, 10:39
Lookout Below

...the line training portion of your course is done through a third party airline and bond act purely as a broker for this portion of the course. They neither own, nor lease, nor operate any aircraft and are only a TRTO.

Can you therefore please clarify the relationship between Bond and Astraeus, including who owns each company and their relationship with each other? I thought Astraeus owned Bond.

lookoutbelow
22nd May 2007, 10:47
Hell bent on flying,

We should all be professionals on this forum, I understand that you have been inconvenienced and congratulate you on your development. I cannot personally comment on a rumour network about your individual case, it would not be appropriate as I am neither employed by the company nor know the full facts with regards to your situation. I think I have addressed the issue fully from my stand point. If you are not happy move on and you are and thats that...

I have explained the complexity about providing line training and tried for those that don't fully understand to calrify the situation. I have also tried on Bonds behalf to deffend their core business which is providing TRTO training as I think that they do a pretty good job of that!

As a professional pilot myself, I would urge you to also take a professional approach and communicate your plans officially to the bond admin team so they can offer your LPC and line training position to another student.

LOB

lookoutbelow
22nd May 2007, 11:05
Also Hell Bent on Flying,

How "are you trying to get money" out of bond for the AEU OCC course when as far as they are concerned you are due in the SIM next week and line training shortly after with AEU. They are saying you have not communicated the above to them and you are still apparently active in the system and they have had nothing to suspect otherwise......

Hell-bent-on-flying
22nd May 2007, 11:53
I am not sure you have the right person in mind :rolleyes: . RW

lookoutbelow
22nd May 2007, 12:01
I am 99.9999999999% sure Richard... Phone me or someone at Bond up then and discuss your issues in a professional manner and then we don't need to "go round the houses" do we.

pilotmike
22nd May 2007, 20:41
Lookoutbelow

You are to be commended on your long and thorough defence of Bond Aviaton Solutions' position as you see it. If there was an award for loyalty, you would surely be top of the list.

I would not ordinarily wish to prolong the discussion on the merits or otherwise of Bond's training in this public forum, but there are a few points you have raised which I feel deserve further comment - and publicly, as you have made your points in this public forum.

Bond when asked about timescales for completing line training have always to my knowledge given “predicted” or “likely” timescales and I have often heard the phrase used “subject to operational availability”

True, nothing was promised, but many students have been enticed by the 'strong assurances' given by a senior manager (who has since left Bond) that the line training would be completed within a month or two of completing the type rating. I was certainly given those assurances before considering starting a course with Bond. Sadly, those assurances haven't materialised for many students.

both were in and out with 100Hrs in less than 6 months from the day they started the ground school. Both now work for Astraeus as FO’s on the B737.

I would also like to make you aware of the following:

12 B737-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2006 direct from completed 100Hr LT courses
6 B737-FO’s taken on in 2007 by AEU already direct from 100 Hr LT Courses
6 B757-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2007 already direct from LT Packages
At least 6 B757-FO’s taken on by AEU in 2006 from line training packages

This sounds great - for those who did actually get the line training, but is no help to those who are still waiting. That is the whole point - people who get line trained invariably have no trouble finding employment. That is exactly the allure of the advertised Bond package. And that is exactly why the lack of line training is so hard to accept - especially when over £20,000 has been shelled out on the TR already by many students, who then feel stuck without receiving the 2nd half of the training package which they were expecting.

Possibly it is being reminded of these statistics which might make the distinct lack of line training for the past year much harder to bear for many who are still without a job or line training.

With regards Ryanair etc, they do not offer hours on type as a bolt on to a SF TR course, you are comparing two completely different products here.

Quite! They offer a job, where you get paid to complete your line training with them after completing a self funded TR with their approved training provider. But by doing the TR with Bond and then not getting the line training effectively excludes students from switching to go that route, unless they are prepared to fully repeat their TR, at huge cost to themselves.

That was exactly my point about "finding out about the lack of line training too late to realise the doors they are closing by starting a TR with Bond".

I'm sure that when Bond manage to secure a steady, reliable source of line training on the 737 again, it will make them the excellent training provider which they aspire to be. Certainly the quality of the TR training was never in doubt, as you are (roj) aware.

I don't wish to prolong the debate publicly, but thank you for taking the time to respond to my earlier points. Thanks also for your good wishes, which are reciprocated.

PM

lookoutbelow
23rd May 2007, 12:29
Mike,
I do not wish to win any kind of medal nor any accolades. I am posting because I do not believe Bond "aspire" to be a great training provider, they are. Just download the latest bond aviation information pack from the website and read the 10-15 genuine testimonials that have been collected.
You are obviously setting out to turn people away from training at bond which is disappointing as I personally believe that Bond is one of, if not the best independent TRTO in the UK. For every one slightly unhappy customer like you trust me there are 10's or even 100's of satisfied gainfully employed airline pilots that have a different slant on Bond, they are probably just too busy flying to be posting on here.....
As you say the assurances that you may or may not have been given from a senior company manager of Bond a long time ago, who has long since left the company, we can chat about until the cowes come home. The risks and delays in LT both with Bond/AEU and many other LT providers in the past are evident and well documented. Would you buy a car from a salesman because he said it was worth £20k or would you look at it and research it fully first? I know what I would do.. What I can safely say is that the current team at Bond are some of the most professional, hardworking, loyal and friendly individuals I have ever come across in the industry... Further more they do not miss sell products and if you ring up today to enquire about a LT course possible delays etc are pointed out and only 10 sectors is sold through the AEU scheme.
That is why I am posting to defend the staff and the company that pays their wages at the end of every month..
Also, you may be interested to know that Bond are now able to offer 300 Hrs of B737 line training at approx. the same cost, if not slightly more than the 100 Hr AEU package, inc tax, including all OCC / OPC / Safety training in Europe and they can start pilots line training in June / July and August and have confirmed dates. Of course this has already been offered to any guys currently waiting in the queue to give them further options. It is with a new LT provider / partner, predicted 80 Hrs flying a month flying and real opportunities to then be taken on by the LT provider following the course. That coupled with perhaps the lowest course price for an excellent B737-300-500 and NG Diffs course and guaranteed base training puts bond, I think, in a very positive position. Not to mention they now own and operate their very own B737-NG Full motion B737 SIM.
Mike farr from wanting to continue this post I think we should just let sleeping dogs lie and move on good luck on the 146.
All the best
LOB

bigwings1
23rd May 2007, 13:59
I like many other students completed my type rating with bond and found the instruction and line training excellent, taking no more than 6 months from initial groundschool to finishing just over 100 hrs line training. One year later i now have 700 hrs on type and for me it was certainly the best decision i made, we only seem to ever hear the negative sides to bond on pprune and i know there are many more students like myself who benefited greatly from doing the type rating and line training.

boogie-nicey
23rd May 2007, 15:10
I agree out of many TRTOs researched (yes I'm still at that stage :ok: ) I feel Bond were the BEST. Always informative, helpful and conveyed a rather genuine feel to all correspondence whether on the phone, email or in person, simple as that. Numerous other TRTOs didn't even have the decency to respond let alone provide satisying answers to my queries and some that did really made feel as if I had interrupted their day afterall I was replying to an advertisement their company had posted!

It is indeed a lot of money to put together for training and thus as "look out below" mentioned you must do your own thorough research. I feel that the disgruntled amongst you might well have made things worse for yourselves by failing to work together in resolving your problem(s). Perhaps your expectations were far too consumer based lacking any practicality or flexibility so often required in aviation. Just a thought mind, as I've said I have not yet begun my Type Training but attitude is paramount from what I've seen so far.

There are instances of such behaviour littered throughout my training where the 'next guy' has an issue and ... how can I put this hmmm ..... used a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. This kind of thing never wins you friends especially when you enact your attitude upon those very people attempting to help you. Problems invariably always stem from people and thus require an equivalent 'personal' interaction to resolve in turn.

Frank Furillo
12th Jun 2007, 14:54
Boogie-nicely, I have read most of your posts over time and have found them to be well thought out etc....I am not saying that the 'next guy' is right, but there are several students of Bond who are rather dissatisfied with the service they have recived and are not prepared to post on here.
As you say attitude is paramount, but sometimes you can still be walked all over even with the right attitude.
Good luck with whatever direction you take.
FF

SD.
12th Jun 2007, 22:56
Are these base and line training problems only found on the 73, or have 75 students encountered the same issues?

Personally I don't have the budget for line training anyway, but I would like to hear from ex-75 bond students if you are out there.

PM's are welcome if you would prefer ;)

MrHorgy
12th Jun 2007, 23:00
I'll second that, i'm seriously considering 757, any stories good or bad appreciated, by PM or to thread. :ok:

Horgy

boogie-nicey
13th Jun 2007, 10:13
I get it now Captain Frank Furillo from Hill Street Blues.... memories.:O
I welcome all comments and I don't wish to upset anyone nor rubbish their views however my mention of "thorough research" was aimed at minimising the risk and not nullifying it. I realise that there is only so much research one can undertake on potential training within the aviation sphere. At best it'll give a silhouette of the training organisation or school so I'm not advocating that somehow you chaps haven't done your homework I'm sure you most certainly have. You probably were also patient, diplomatic and understanding throughout the training but there really might have been instances where Bond were unable to accomodate the line training for you, in other words a genuine excuse though an excuse nevertheless.

In all financial and commercial dealings there's always a percentage of 'parties'
who get a raw deal. No doubt there are people who hail the great service they got upon driving their new car out of a showroom and have been in love with their new purchase ever since. Whereas another equivalent customer is seething about both car and showroom staff during all apsects of the sale and the subsequent after sales care. I'm sure this scenario can be painted across all industries and Aviation has it's fair share of such a situation too. Bond probably have their supporters too but they'll also have a percentage of students (how can I put this) for whom the roulette wheel stopped on the wrong number. This isn't how a training organisation should be a 'game of chance' but more a case of life itself where you were just unlucky.

Bond do appear to have set up alot of people for their line training so it's not a complete lie but maybe they need to be fair and explain that it's probable or depending on the time of year you undertake your course might not necessarily match the annual industry cycle thus bottlenecks there. There are all manner of possible situations and/or explanations which only Bond really know about and I'm ceratinly no expert at all.... But try and negotiate with them to at the very least recover something . I sincerely wish you chaps all the best don't think I'm against you in any way, as I always say quite simply weren't all in it together.

I feel for you guys .....

flyfast25
13th Jun 2007, 14:03
The training facility you heard about leaving students stranded in the middle of their training is Bond-Orlando. Paperwork is a disaster!!! Several pilot's temporary licenses expired due to not sending in paperwork on a timely manner. All they want is your cash!!

Frank Furillo
13th Jun 2007, 14:27
flyfast,
Sorry to hear of problems out there in the sunshine state, however I and most of the posters here were and are refering to the Bond Avaition of England, based in Crawley.
Best of luck

menikos
13th Jun 2007, 14:36
How much is bond aviation (UK) charging for a 757TR + Line training including ancillary course + opc.

thx

MrHorgy
13th Jun 2007, 14:51
The March pricelist states:

757 TR only: £18,000 + VAT

757 TR + 10 sectors (approx 50 hrs): £22,000

757 TR + 10 sectors + sectors to make Line total 100 hrs: £28,000

All above include 1 hour base training. Line training includes ancillary courses, which one would assume to include SEP, Ditching, Fire, etc..

Horgy

boogie-nicey
13th Jun 2007, 15:35
don't forget the dreaded VAT for those amounts that really stacks UP :{
Beware the 757 Type is just a temporary fashion and will no doubt dry very soon.

MrHorgy
13th Jun 2007, 15:37
Ahh yeah should have put that on the second two. They ALL need VAT on top of them, so that makes it £21,150, £25,850, and £32,900 respectively.

Horgy

boogie-nicey
13th Jun 2007, 15:38
that really is a stiff order :{:{:{ can you imagine the guy who fails :uhoh:

MrHorgy
13th Jun 2007, 15:40
I suppose the first one is fairly reasonable, GECAT offer something along the lines of 18k for the 320 rating but it DOESN'T include base check and your advised to find another 4k for that. But paying an extra £10,000 for 100 hours is a joke, that's £100 an hour for the priviledge of flying someone else around!

Horgy

menikos
13th Jun 2007, 17:53
I guess the TR A320 sounds to be a good choice if someone wants to buy a TR of course :=:=:=

boogie-nicey
14th Jun 2007, 10:48
I would be inclined to agree with you that the 757 TR is just plain expensive especially with the line training and a rather 'specialist' type at that. Whereas the a320 might be relatively cheap requiring a CCQ onto other airbus types making it more tangible to some out there. At the end of the day each to their own I guess, oh by the way I see that randhem (no I have no connection with them :rolleyes: ) now have an airbus program with line training, seems to be a recent addition.

boogie-nicey
20th Jun 2007, 19:13
There you go PilotMike, just what you wanted, now don't forget to play nice and perhaps bake a cake for the lads at Bond ;)

Frank Furillo
15th Jul 2007, 06:27
Reading the rant over the Eagle Jet program elsewhere on this forum, 30 hours a month is pretty good, some Bond students are not getting that.:ugh:

fly now
3rd Oct 2007, 15:30
Hi guys!!!
I am going to start a course with them beginning of next year!! I am really positive in their programme!
Anyway do you got any tips about the assessment!!
I will appreciate a lot!!!
good luck to all of you!!!!
ciao

straightin
8th Nov 2007, 17:36
I had the feeling this thread may be biased. It appears too many working there have been posting. It seems to be a forum of the staff rather than of their customers.
I have had a serious problem with Bond :ugh:. I tried in many ways, eventually I will meet them and will try to sort it.
I am positive for the moment, will let let you know how it goes.
Happy landings,
SI