PDA

View Full Version : London Helicopter Centres Ltd

madman1145
18th May 2007, 13:48
Hi rotorheads;

Thinking about doing one or two TypeRatings at London Helicopter Centres Ltd - would like to hear from those who have used them, do their prices hold, how long did your course take and where you satisfied with the course(s) you took ??

PM me if you prefer - thanks in advance ..

- madman

Flingingwings
18th May 2007, 15:25
Helpful as always eh :sad:
Ever considered a touch more subtlety? Not the best way for an FI to attract any future business :ugh:

I seem to recall you stating you have an IR. Are you following your own advice? Or aiming ( via a number of posts) to commit career suicide via this website at an early stage :{ :{ 'Pugnacious' was not I fear a compliment.
Reputation and word of mouth is everything in the UK industry. Don't get me wrong I'm all for free speech, but would hate your posts to scupper any advancement. You wouldn't be the first or last person who's username has been identified. AND not every profile is accurate (not that I'm doubting you Madman). Could be your employer posting one day, just seeing how you respond :eek:
Madman a PM re LHC is enroute.

madman1145
18th May 2007, 15:35
Yeah, tons of jobs maybe. But not for me. Passed CHC shrink, failed sim. Have to wait another year or so I am tolled, then I can try the sim again. Bristow no response despite several emails, also to the right person. Bond never got a response ..
Norway, I can call them when I approach 800 hours ..

Strugling with 220 hours and trying to move forward. Need to pass 500, 800 and 1000, then the table should turn to my favor (I hope) - I refuse to stay on the ground a whole summer, so I need to get started, whatever the cost - well almost whatever-the-cost. Not dum and desperate. Well, maybe a bit :oh: ..

So I am still interested in hearing from people who have been through London Helicopter Centres Ltd ..
Thinking of doing the R44 and AS350B3 due to joboffer where I am now, but rating(s) is selfpaid :hmm: ..

PS: I know they don't have a B3, but a B2 - I can get a transition another place. Just that their prices are attractive compared to many other places in Europe ..

- madman

thecontroller
18th May 2007, 16:04
sorry, yes, i was a bit short there. just my style. no offence intended. post deleted.

helicopter-redeye
18th May 2007, 16:50
Yo Madman, let us know when your over & I'll buy you a beer in exchange for your previous recommendation.

h-r;)

Camp Freddie
18th May 2007, 18:03
Dear Mr Madman

Bristow no response despite several emails, also to the right person. Bond never got a response

In my opinion just sending emails is not the best way to engage with companies like this, I know I am employed by one of them.

you need to phone the relevant flight crew manager (or whatever they call themselves) and try to make an appointment to go and see them. get yourself noticed and give yourself an opportunity to sell your qualifications and experience to them.
if you just send emails you just dont stand out from everyone else who is doing the same.

regards

CF

DBChopper
18th May 2007, 18:46
Madman1145,

I gained my PPL(H) with LHC and have continued to SFH with them since. I have never experienced anything other than a high standard of safety, professionalism and friendliness, together with good availability of aircraft. Your contact for the AS350 conversion will probably be Marcus Carruthers, Head of Training, and all three of the full time FI(H)s (as far as I know) can carry out the R44 conversion.

As you'll see from a couple of my previous posts, I have no commercial interest in the company, I'm just a satisifed customer.

Cheers,

DBChopper

VeeAny
19th May 2007, 07:43
I've never had anything to do with LHC (as a customer) until early April this year.

I did a type conversion onto the EC120 with Marcus, who is a very professional instructor.

Prices were as dicsussed beforehand, machine was immaculate, quality of the course was first class.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them (and in particular him) to anyone for type conversion training.

V.