PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Windows98SE cant send but can receive emails help

Jeffboyle
18th May 2007, 13:11
Hi All,

I have Broadband with NTL, I have Windows98SE everything was working fine but over lastweek I can receive emails but I cannot send emails. When I send it displays progress bar sending 1ofx messages but never manages it. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Jeff.
:ugh:

green granite
18th May 2007, 13:36
If it's on turn off "out going E-mail scanning" in your virus scanner.

born2fly_au
18th May 2007, 17:34
Have you made any changes to your computer such as adding or removing a program? sometimes files can get accidently deleted that prevents other programs from working. Double check your mail settings and if all else fails you could try reinstalling your email client. It is also possible that it is not at your end but at the ISP's end causing the fault.
Allen

Brewster Buffalo
18th May 2007, 21:39
Do you get this after failing to send?

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10054, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Turn It Off
20th May 2007, 11:27
Check the mail settings. Make sure the outgoing mail setting are set up correctly.

MarcJF
20th May 2007, 19:24
Had a very similar problem, checked all the settings, went through first and second line support with my ISP to no avail. Left it a few days and tried again and all worked. A real mystery.

Brewster Buffalo
20th May 2007, 20:42
MarcJF

Is your ISP Orange??

Mine corrects itself then returns.. not working at moment...mail in ok but not out

MarcJF
21st May 2007, 06:35
No I'm, on AOL.

Although I send only a few emails I think the AOL server had blocked me temporarily, as I said it cleared after a few days without me or AOL doing anything.

OzPax1
21st May 2007, 20:47
I often see this problem at work, OE mail settings do occaisonally get screwed up. The fix I usally find works is to delete the mail settings, and put them back in again from scratch. This workaround usually works 9/10.

zlatan24
14th Jun 2007, 15:01
This is a problem with OE and it may be decide with help next program Outlook Express Troubleshooting (http://www.oemailrecovery.com/faq-outlook-express-troubleshooting.html), it can extract messages from the corruption dbx file, can extract and save each message in a separate file with the .eml extension and more then.