PDA

View Full Version : Help most urgently needed

GANNET FAN
17th May 2007, 18:03
She says she can take a handbag and a carry on for tomorrow's early morning BA to Nice flight, and I say she cannot.

Can someone please adjudicate, before we come to blows, which aint far off!!!

Thanks
JC

A2QFI
17th May 2007, 18:25
The rules say the handbag has got to fit into the carry on luggage, in the same way that laptops have to, One item to carry on, only You might get away with 2 peices but don't bank on it!
Quote from BAA
Other bags, such as handbags, may be carried within the single item of cabin baggage. All items carried by passengers will be screened by X-ray.
All laptops and large electrical items (such as hairdryers) must be taken out of the bag and placed in a tray to be scanned separately from the other items in the bag.

GANNET FAN
17th May 2007, 18:33
A2QFI

Many thanks. For some reason I can't find the BA info you have posted, all the other stuff but not the important bits. Anyway there is a serious amount of thunder and lightning in the house at the moment so I better go and make peace, after all the long weekend is meant to be a birthday treat!!

sad or what
17th May 2007, 19:14
I can confirm it is ONE piece of hand baggage only, and BAA enforce this rule most severly. I had to buy a bag recently to fit my laptop and handbag into one bag in order to get past the gestapo!!! :mad: Even though as soon as you are through security, you can take out your handbag and walk about with 2 bags! The lunatics are running the aslylum for sure!!!!!

My only advice would be, take black bin liner with you and as long as it fits into the displayed rack, you can effectively have 2 handbags and 2 laptops in it...:mad: :mad: :ugh:

skydriller
17th May 2007, 19:17
For some reason I can't find the BA info you have posted, all the other stuff but not the important bits.

That would be because its not a BA rule, or even a European rule, but purely a British Airport BAA rule designed to supposedly save them money and keep their promises to the DfT/Govt regarding passenger throughput....:ugh: :ugh:

daedalus
20th May 2007, 10:24
To my knowledge, this daft rule is only applied in the UK. Your lady may find that coming back from Nice, there is no problem. Yet another example, alas, of British sheer bloody-mindedness.
:ugh:

A2QFI
20th May 2007, 12:50
She travelled on 18th May? Any news of the hassle from the gauleiters, if any?