PDA

View Full Version : LAN Argentina enter second day of strike... and counting

Glonass
15th May 2007, 15:53
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/argentina/note.jsp?idContent=384168
Pilots and technicians of LAN Argentina went on strike yesterday causing the cancellation of all domestic flights operated by LAN. An end to the strike is not expected shortly with union leaders saying an attempt at negotiation has failed.
LAN spokesman Pablo Querol said the company was "surprised" by the sudden action, saying he wasn’t aware of any contentious issues with the unions.
"The strike will continue," Pablo Biro of the pilots’ union said, "because the company has not brought any proposals to the negotiations table." According to Biro the strike, which started at 6am yesterday morning, has grounded "one hundred percent" of the domestic flights LAN had scheduled for yesterday.
"The doesn’t make sense," Querol said on behalf of the Chilean-owned aircarrier, "because they’re in reference to a problem that has nothing to do with the company."
:D :ok:

7Q Off
17th May 2007, 20:43
4 day and counting.

Panama Jack
18th May 2007, 19:05
What are the significant issues surrounding the strike by LAN Argentina pilots?

7Q Off
18th May 2007, 19:17
working conditions, discrimination in the upgrade policy, salary, Direct entry Captains, tactics against unions, etc.
A long list.

Panama Jack
18th May 2007, 19:21
I wish you luck then. :ok:

Valdiviano
18th May 2007, 22:24
I wish them luck as well.
The biggest enemy will be their fellow pilots (work mates and outsiders, oportunists will raise their ugly head).
I went thru that during the 1989 Australian pilots dispute.
I hope for your sake that the worlwide pilot shortage will help your cause
STAND UNITED!!!!!!!!!

7Q Off
19th May 2007, 04:44
the strike is finished. They win some of the demands, upgrade policy and seniority, the others will be negociated in the next week. No flight in 4 days. Pilots, Ground Engineers and Flight attendants stand united. Good for them. :ok: