PDA

View Full Version : Any Air Asia pilots here?

Wildduke
14th May 2007, 19:36
Hey fella's, are there any air asia pilots here?

The Rage
15th May 2007, 11:23
Put a comment and see if there are replies?:D

Wildduke
15th May 2007, 16:26
oh ok, I was just wondering if they are recruiting at the moment. I haven't read any news on Air Asia for a little while and was wondering if they are expanding or are waiting for a bunch of aircraft to arrive?

Also wanted to know about the environment over there. I imagine it to be really relaxed and would like to know if their pilots were happy.

I'm thinking about making a move!

ssangyongs
15th May 2007, 21:19
your background detail please if you dont mind. im not sure whether they are recruiting pilots or not but since they will expand their fleet (including widebodies) by next year i see no harm in submitting your resume

kev

DeltaSix
15th May 2007, 23:43
Can someone confirm if DCA has stopped expats coming in to train and work as FOs ? Heard this rumour from someone inside AA.

Garfs
16th May 2007, 15:49
WildDuke

I am not an Air Asia pilot myself but have a friend who is.

He seems to be happy enough, and didnt seem to have any complaints about the Airline when I asked him.

Also, he said he gets to fly around 60-80 hours a month.

As I say this is just what i hear from him so if its innacurate in any way this is not first hand info

Cheers
Garfs

capson
17th May 2007, 10:00
To answer your Q delta6,
Is NO...mind you, they might change...or they might not:confused: :}
just need to call them and ask.....:)

Utrinque
28th May 2007, 12:59
Expats FOs only on the 737s - they will be phased out by end 2008. DCA does not allow expat FOs on A320.

All FOs unhappy with pay conditions. Capts recently got pay rise - reason give for FOs not getting it was because they can get command so quickly !!