PDA

View Full Version : Interview help

tommyb
14th May 2007, 19:19
I have got an interview coming up shortly for a WSO and would like help on any questions that they may ask me i.e.What is the difference between an officer and a senior non-commissioned aircrew? And any other questions you think they are likely of asking me.

thanks

tommy

Airbus38
14th May 2007, 21:58
Hi,

You might find more help in the military forum.
A38

FayeDeck
15th May 2007, 18:39
Airbus..............Check Nav:ok:

advocatusDIABOLI
15th May 2007, 20:32
Tommy,

Officers get paid more, but NCO Aircrew know more, or at least will tell you they do....... Not very helpful I know, but you have to laugh! :}

Advo

PS. Good Luck.

airborne_artist
15th May 2007, 20:38
Is this a "filter interview" at the AFCO, or will you be attending OASC?

samuraimatt
15th May 2007, 20:44
In the RAF, the commissioned ranks are Pilot Officer through to Marshal of the Royal Air Force. They are generally referred to as 'officers'. In the RAF, a commissioned officer is a member of the Service who derives authority directly from a sovereign power (i.e. the Monarchy), and as such holds a commission from that power. Any officer (and all non-commissioned ranks) address a senior officer as "Sir" or "Ma'am".

NCOs are enlisted members of the RAF who have been delegated leadership or command authority by a commissioned officer. They are the junior management of the Service. Experienced NCOs are a very important part of many armed forces; in many cases NCOs are credited as being the metaphorical "backbone" of their Service, and of their individual units.
Warrant Officers (WOs) are often included in the SNCO category, but actually form a separate class of their own. A Warrant Officer will have many years experience and is respected by both rank structures. Warrant Officers are addressed as "Mister" (or "Mrs", "Ms" or "Miss" for female Warrant Officers) by commissioned officers (and as "Sir" or "Ma'am" by everyone else). SNCOs and WOs have their own messes, whereas JNCOs live and eat with the junior ranks.:eek: