PDA

View Full Version : European price per hours?

AdamFrisch
14th May 2007, 13:10
What would be the rough ballpark rental/instruction price per flying hour on some different machines, like:
S-76
A109
EC-135
B206L

Thanks.

Also, what's the deal with the S-76 being a 2 crew chopper? Is that just operators requirement, or is it only certified for that? It's under 5700kg MTOW, so I don't see why bit has to be 2-crew. And if it is, how could you ever instruct on it - since the pupil doesn't have a type rating, the instructor is in effect single crew at the time of instruction, no? Sorry for daft questions, but don't get it.

tomotomp
14th May 2007, 13:32
The S76 is a single pilot aircraft.:ok:

GoodGrief
14th May 2007, 13:45
206L : 18 euros / minute
135 : 38 euros / minute

all plus VAT 19%

jeepys
14th May 2007, 21:14
Doing Type training on a two crew machine is done by one instructor and one student. The student is acting as the other half of the crew under supervision of the captain/instructor otherwise there is no way round it. There is not a helicopter with three upfront seats and three sets of controls that I know of.

HeliComparator
14th May 2007, 21:22
Adam - the S76 is certified as a single pilot aircraft, however in the case of N Sea offshore oil support at least, the client's contracts are for 2 crew as a safety measure. So you can do a single pilot airtest, ferry flight etc but 2 pilots are required for the revenue flights. There also can be an issue with the IR - the CAA tend to like to classify the IR renewal test as either being 2-pilot (examiner/co-pilot gives you some help with radios, reading checklists, tuning aids etc) or single pilot (no help from examiner/copilot). If you are tested under 2-pilot rules you are not supposed to excercise IR priviledges when single pilot.

2 pilot helicopters can be flown (without passengers) by a type rating intructor and a non-type rated trainee (otherwise it would be impossible to train/test for the grant of the type rating without a sim). Not totally sure where it says that, but perhaps its that the aircraft are certified to fly with 2 pilots, not 2 type-rated pilots.

HC

Aesir
14th May 2007, 21:27
Itīs a JAR-OPS3 requirment to operate public transport IFR aircraft with 2 pilots.

Whirlygig
14th May 2007, 21:33
But there are some private operations that still fly 2 pilots in a S76/A109!!!

Cheers

Whirls

PS - UK VAT only a mere 17.5%! Bargain!!

JimL
15th May 2007, 06:20
Aesir,

It's a JAR-OPS 3 requirement for two pilots for "IFR operations using helicopters with a maximum approved passenger seat configuration of more than 9".

As it is in a number of other States.

Jim

JOURNIOO4
17th May 2007, 11:10
How Can I Get A Licence ( Cpl -h )with Ex- More Than 1500 Hours(h) .and The Cost Too Using A Single Eng (h).

Aesir
17th May 2007, 11:32
Aesir,

It's a JAR-OPS 3 requirement for two pilots for "IFR operations using helicopters with a maximum approved passenger seat configuration of more than 9".

As it is in a number of other States.

Jim

I was giving reply to the original poster. Most S-76īs I heard of are certified for more than 9 passengers!

JOURNIOO4... Your post is difficult to understand!? Do you mean how to get 1500+ hrs experience on single?

JimL
17th May 2007, 12:49
Aesir,

I do not wish to be pedantic but, as you can see from the text I posted, it is the 'Maximum Approved Passenger Seat Configuration' that is used. A number of S76s, AS365s, EC155s etc are configured to carry less than 9 and therefore can be flown SPIFR for CAT.

Jim