PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Send/Receive

homesick rae
14th May 2007, 12:55
Hi,

For some unexplained reason my emails are not being sent although the are showing that they are!!??

Anyone any ideas?

Receiving ok.

Cheers

HR

Clarence Oveur
14th May 2007, 13:44
Do you have an anti-virus programme that scans outgoing email?

If so, that might just be the cause. I have noticed when using Norton that emails appear as sent in Outlook, but are actually not until scanned.

BLUE SKY THINKER
14th May 2007, 14:59
I agree with previous, particularly in relation to e-mail scanning programs; that is exactly what happens with Norton (and presumably others).

The secret is to keep an eye on your 'Sent Items' folder; e-mails will sit here between 'Outlook' informing you that they have been 'sent' and when the scanning is complete. If you have lots of outgoing e-mails sitting in this folder then you probably have a separate problem with your outgoing SMTP server or connection (?).

green granite
14th May 2007, 20:56
There is a problem where, if you scan the out going mail with your A/V software and your IP scans it as it receives it as well, the connection times out, I have had problems with this on Yahoo, the answer is to disable out going mail scanning on your A/V software. (if you are worried about the file you're sending it shouldn't be on your computer in the first place and you can scan it before you attach it anyway)

Brat
16th May 2007, 20:01
Please excuse the 'drifting' or butting in Homesick Rae but on the subject of Outlook, which I have just installed, even though I requested copies to be left on the mail server Yahoo Outlook seems to have downloaded every piece of mail from my Inbox on Yahoo.
I actualy wanted, and ticked appropriate box in Outlook, to leave copies there in order to have access downline and archived off the home computer.
Is this a setting problem on Yahoo or on Outlook?
Next problem is getting the copies I want kept, back into the Yahoo Inbox. Any way of doing this in bulk or one by one?
Bit computer clumsy so advice gratefully recieved.

nano404
18th May 2007, 04:08
Brat, I have a bit of a similar problem where two computers have the same account but sometimes one doesn't receive some mail because it seems that one PC "pulls" the data from the server and its no longer available.

Outlook seems to have downloaded every piece of mail from my Inbox on Yahoo.

Because they are still on the server, and Outlook gets them. If it's not on the server, you wont get it on Outlook

Brewster Buffalo
18th May 2007, 21:42
There is another thread on this line -

Do you get this error message

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10054, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

and are you with Orange??

Brat
19th May 2007, 09:00
Thanks nano404 yes I do have two accounts.

Yes BBuffalo. My appologies homesick rae, I should have started a separate thread for that.

Brewster Buffalo
20th May 2007, 20:47
Brat

More here and some possible solutions....seems to be an Orange problem..mine not sending at the moment but receiving ok

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/

BB