PDA

View Full Version : JPA Bafflement

OCCWMF
14th May 2007, 10:31
Can anyone explain why you are unable to discuss your JPA issues with the 'Back Office'?:confused: Since they never answer your complaints and some of my colleagues find themselves repeating the same thing to the 'pescatorial mammalian appendages' front office every 10 days for 10 months (because a complaint can't possibly take more than 10 days to sort so why should they keep notes) to no avail.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Is there actually anyone there? Is it simply an empty back office, or are they in Barbados working remotely?

Do they have your interests at heart or do they receive whatever allowances you fail to claim or wheedle out out of them? Can we go for some sort of perfomance related deduction from their pay whereby if they fail to sort yours then a similar amount is removed from theirs?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhh:mad:

wokkameister
14th May 2007, 11:31
I agree. JPA Glasgow is the one justification for including Napalm in the RAF Inventory.

Seriously, I have had quite a few issues with JPA, and can't stress enough how important it is that you use an Iuser Request. Seems that if you call, they lose your number or never get back to you, but they HAVE to follow up these Iuser johnsons.

Hope it helps, or it's napalm a gogo.

Stuff
14th May 2007, 14:19
Will these Iuser thingies be read by the same people who programmed JPA to make you jump through impossible hoops?
I put in a claim for an advance and clearly told JPA I'd be leaving in 8 days time. The claim went through but it decided to audit me so I now have to turn up to the auditor within 7 days with all my receipts.
Does anyone know David Tenant's Phone number because I'd need to borrow his TARDIS to be able to produce receipts for my spending the day before I actually spend it!
Phoned JPA to complain. Got told to speak to HR (Is that a reflex action from the drones who pick up the phone?) and then after refusing to accept this as an answer they admitted it might be an IT fault but if I escalate it to IT then IT may not accept it a a fault. Good grief :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
Bring back TG17 I say.

c17age
14th May 2007, 18:51
Hey Stuff,
I had this a while back. Ignore the audit on the advance. BUT, make sure JPAC has a pay date BEFORE you go or you'll be doing a run around getting a cash advance which brings in a whole world of mess (quell surprise!) with the penny pinchers.
Make sure you get a book for all those reciepts
PS don't forget to let the HR staff know you're going so you get LSA and LOA. Then claim for incidentals when you get back + covering for the advance.
Hope this helps.
When can we say no to courses due to the week of admin it causes on return and possibility of been out of pocket.
Wonder if T B Liar is reciepting for his round the world goodbye?

Cheers

AQAfive
17th May 2007, 17:14
Just to back up c17age's wise words, I went through the process of an advance through resettlement. My kindly OCPSF (or whatever they are called these days) decided that my advance would be paid after the first week of my course. It took me 2 weeks to discover that it could not be paid and another 2 for JPA to make the payment with the end result that the advance was paid as I returned to my desk.
The only audit required is determined when you enter the final claim using JPA, the statement beforehand is a software problem.
On the plus side, when I did enter the claim on JPA, it was paid quickly and with no audit required. There are lots of other little foibles with the process, but it is worth noting that the call centre do not understand, or rather didn't last October, the concept of the Advance, (financial not fighting), so be prepared to explain your needs. Once I did, they did try and help.
Sorry for the tardy response, had problems getting my registration to work. Must be getting old.