PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Embraer off runway at VEVZ

gh0strider
13th May 2007, 23:28
Indian tv channels reporting that a Paramount Airways EMB 170 went off the runway while landing at VEVZ yesterday.
Still not removed and the airport has been shut to traffic.
No injuries reported.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/05/13/stories/2007051316800100.htm

skytrek21
14th May 2007, 00:18
That sucks....I know the E170 pilots at Paramount are pretty good and very experienced guys. It can happen to anyone. The funny part is the news article says " a passenger said that the pilot mis-judged his landing point". Wow I guess passengers are flying experts now.

jumpdrive
14th May 2007, 00:23
damn i hate when it happens
& yes, theres always someone talking BS
he he he i guess that pax already has the final report on hand

FE Hoppy
15th May 2007, 11:35
That sucks....I know the E170 pilots at Paramount are pretty good and very experienced guys. It can happen to anyone. The funny part is the news article says " a passenger said that the pilot mis-judged his landing point". Wow I guess passengers are flying experts now.

Pretty What?????

This was only a matter of time and thank god they got away with just this.

courseitsfixed
15th May 2007, 16:35
Important is that no one was hurt and the aircraft relatively undamaged.The bird was clear of the runway yesterday(Mon) at around 1900 and the airport was only closed on Saturday but opened on Sunday albeit with a reduced runway length so only turboprops and E170's with payload restrictions could use it.:ok:

JOB HUNTER
17th May 2007, 14:29
Hi guys,
i would like to apply for paramount airways because i am very tired of my life in italy.
I have 2000 hrs on emb 170 and i am Cat IIIa with 5100 hrs TT.
Any suggestion ? What about the life in Chennai

Thank you

haree
18th May 2007, 05:14
Any suggestion ? What about the life in Chennai
Hi
Never been to italy :uhoh: so cant relate the weather but Chennai is very Hot and Humid with summer temperatures touching almost 44-46 C . Cost of living is much lesser compared to other airline bases like Mumbai Delhi and Bangalore. Not much of a party zone in fact the city sleeps at about 10 and have a very strict police force who kinda hates night life for what so ever reason. Otherwise the city is like any other Metro with its own share of beaches (public/private), broad roads , Shopping malls , clubs , Golf courses , cinema and Amusement parks
Just my 2 paise
Haree

Airbus_a321
18th May 2007, 10:30
...Wow I guess passengers are flying experts now...
Yes, that is (unfortunately) the truth in INDIA. You have to note, that in India every pax is a flying expert and any pax statement, which is in 99.99 cases out of 100 the biggest s++t, (see above) is of big value, especially if there is any possibility to give them a chance to blame, or at least try to blame an expat pilot for any 'mistake' he did - seen from the standpoint of this Indian-Pax-Aviation-Expert of course:ugh:
And almoust all, or shall I better say: ALL the Indian News Agencies are proud to present those expert-statements, preferentially in their headlines - the earlier the better. So not to lose any chance for a bad reputation against expat-pilots.
As far as I know in India they have a kind of an Airline-Passenger-Union. In my understanding this is unique in the world - Incredible India.
Highly official of course and very eager to put pressure on both, the airline and the DGCA. Trivial reason for this acting, despite all the other Indian "lies", basically - expat-pilots = persona non grata in India.
Worth to consider, before taking any pilots job in Incredible India. It's another, an additional battlefield you could be faced to deal with once you start flying in India:=

Indfly
21st May 2007, 11:51
Not that I as a pilot would like to admit it.but the pax was right.

The Emb driver made an Approach for the wrong runway(28-10,which is not commissioned).Inspite of being told so,he asked perm to land.was gvn a Go-Around and guess what...made an app,where his BPT was middle marker on 600ft R/W.Its credit to the Almighty,pilot and well dug SGA's that the Aircraft came to a halt in the ploughed overrun.

The next day,most newspapers ran the news that the A/c skidded as there was mud on the R/W.All us drivers who saw the whole episode...can only say"Dont ask us n we shall tell no lies"

vsi0
11th Jun 2007, 17:57
@IndyFly

So, you and this passenger have completed the investigation already? Maybe you should pass your finding along to the DCGA. By the way both pilots are still on property -- if the story was even remotely close to the way you described it, I would think they would be gone.

Just as an added thought, Indian/Indian Air went off the runway in Trivandrum VOTY on the same day. They were driving a 320 on a roughly 11,000 ft runway. Wonder why that story never made the papers?

Blue Skies!

Biju Daniel
12th Jun 2007, 03:56
The Captain is one of the most experienced guys in the PA lot. The inside story is that the Captain was also distracted by the Indian Co Pilot who is a great mischief monger and a spoilt rich kid.

Indfly
15th Jun 2007, 15:28
@vs01

You could be right that I am wrong.One wouldnt know from outside the situation inside the Cockpit.

The R/t natter was courtesy the ATC.

But I certainly know the difference between the diff b/w a Aircraft touching down on the BPT and one on Middle marker,when I see one.