PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Classes for Java

dwlpl
11th May 2007, 15:10
Looking through the settings on my PC and noticed that 'Internet Explorer Classes for Java' is listed (at C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files) as being damaged.

What is 'Internet Explorer Classes for Java' and how do you go about repairing it?

Tarq57
11th May 2007, 22:40
I experienced the same problem, but with all the DPF's, after installing IE7. Yet they all still work. Posted a q about this at the MS forums, the only answer received was to not worry about it. :ugh:
Tried uninstalling 7 to use 6 again, problem didn't go away. Have no idea how to fix this issue, which appears to be the reporting of the status of these files, not the files themselves. Even tried deleting them then going to the appropriate websites to re install - a tedious business.
If you find a cure, I'm all eyes!

BLUE SKY THINKER
12th May 2007, 06:36
I would certainly agree with the previous: ".....not to worry about it".

I've seen this described a number of times as a 'cosmetic bug', unlikely to affect operation. This is certainly so in my case; I too have alleged 'damage' to items in the DPF's (as I suspect most of us do).

Presumably your only concern is that Java is working correctly. You can test this via: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and likewise update if required, which you will probably end up doing as a new version (for Windows) has become available recently (Version6/Update1).

You can likewise sometimes update items in the DPF via right click, but with no guarantee of eliminating the 'damaged' report (my latest fully functional Java 6_1 is likewise annotated!).