PDA

View Full Version : RAF Regt Award

Fearofabluntplanet
9th May 2007, 19:59
Follow the link below for some recognition of the excellent and little publicized work of the RAF Regt. A corps that the rest of us in light blue all too often take for granted IMHO.

Congratulations to Matt and all the others honoured for work in the hot sandy places. :ok:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/HistoryAndHonour/RafRegimentHeroReceivesMilitaryCrossAtBuckinghamPalace.htm

Pontius Navigator
9th May 2007, 21:11
What can one say, except bloody well done.

gijoe
10th May 2007, 00:47
Well done.

And this is from someone who wears green.

G:ok:

Zoom
10th May 2007, 08:59
Ace. Is this the first MC for the RAF in recent times or have there been others?

bowly
10th May 2007, 10:25
It gives me immense pleasure to read about Gentlemen like this. Congratulations indeed.

Rheinstorff
10th May 2007, 10:36
I think this is the first RAF MC for about 40 years; the last one was won by another RAF Regt off, I believe in Aden. I standby to be corrected on both points.

Damned good show from Matt Carter; it just goes to show what high calibre people there are out there in the RAF, despite what others might believe.

Chugalug2
10th May 2007, 11:55
Much respect Sir, and well done!

Rheinstorff
10th May 2007, 11:57
For the sake of boring completeness, RAF Regt personnel (including those on Armoured Car Companies and Aden Protectorate Levies) have won 32 MCs, including Matt Carter's recent well-deserved award.

I'll get my coat.

The Swinging Monkey
10th May 2007, 12:45
In the past, I have given the regiment a lot of stick, but on this occasion I must pass on my sincerfest congratulations to Matt and the others involved. It is great to see sometrhing good about the RAF to talk about on here.
Very well done Matt, respect.
TSM

Green Flash
10th May 2007, 13:40
Nice one, richly deserved:ok: