PDA

View Full Version : City Chinook

Boy_From_Brazil
9th May 2007, 15:59
Can anyone shed any light on the Wocker circling quite low over the City of London / Tower Bridge area last night? A very unusual but welcome sight!

BFB

The Helpful Stacker
9th May 2007, 17:20
My sources tell me it was from RAF Odiham.

London Mil
9th May 2007, 17:21
My sources tell me it was dark, very dark.

Rude C'man
9th May 2007, 21:30
my sources tell me it was either 7 18 or 27 , if it was 18 then they were probably trying to get back on the helilanes route again!!!

AlanM
9th May 2007, 21:42
I can confirm (having talked to it!) that it was Vortex xxx from Odiham waiting for runway 28 deps at London City before continuing it's jolly (errr I mean training flight) up the Lea Valley to a secret airbase north east of Stansted.

Can you get a better radio please........

Sometimes we think it is a good idea to hold military traffic just to see how long some spotters pipes up on here!

Hey Rude crewman - that is my joke when I bore 18sqn with the helilanes brief!!!!! (good point though)

Rumour has it that Heathrow would rather speak to a R22 PPL out of Denham than a 18 Sqn cab.....!!!! :ok:

talk_shy_tall_knight
9th May 2007, 22:42
Wocker?!? WOCKER?!?!?

bad livin'
10th May 2007, 11:49
Good indignation. :ok:

wokkameister
10th May 2007, 15:21
Capture by the tellitubbies/tour on 18 Sqn

Hmmmmm......

OK Mohamed I'm over here!

Training Risky
11th May 2007, 09:25
Better to be a My Little Pony than a FREAKING BUNSTER! MWAHHHH!

(Makes trumpet sound while hanging arm from nose to simulate an elephant's trunk)

:E

Seldomfitforpurpose
11th May 2007, 15:41
Probably find it was checking out all the usual HLS's in the city as previously only a Puma was required to lift Tony the Phoney however now that the fat porridge wog is going to be PM something more substantial will obviously be required :rolleyes:

Gonzo
11th May 2007, 16:13
Rumour has it that Heathrow would rather speak to a R22 PPL out of Denham than a 18 Sqn cab.....!!!! :ok:

Jeeez, not me guv! :eek:

Faithless
11th May 2007, 20:45
Quote; Rumour has it that Heathrow would rather speak to a R22 PPL out of Denham than a 18 Sqn cab.....!!!!

Says it all, even civies hate all of you 18 Sqn lot !!!!!!!!!:E

Mike Oxmels
11th May 2007, 20:59
Says it all, even civies hate all of you 18 Sqn lot !!!!!!!!!:E

Congratulations. Good banter. That's up there with 'Your Mum' and 'F--k off'.

Low Average. Take a day.

AlanM
11th May 2007, 22:12
Only joking chaps!

Hey Gonzo - we filter the $h1te on radar before it gets to you!

Strops - where are you mate!!?!!?!?!?!!!!

Well I enjoyed my time on 18/230 at Gut in the late 80s/early 90s!

(Though I chose to drive the minibus back from Schelswig Holstein as opposed to the twin tub!!!!)

Talking Radalt
12th May 2007, 13:55
I bore 18sqn with the helilanes brief!!!!!
You can say that again. :hmm:
Rumour has it that Heathrow would rather speak to a R22 PPL out of Denham than a 18 Sqn cab.....!!!!
Gee, I'm gutted.
3 Para were more than happy with the service in Helmand by the way, and that, to me at least, is thanks enough.

SALAD DODGER
12th May 2007, 18:02
Perhaps we have the wrong end of the stick and BFB has been on the Sake!
http://www.extremedrinks.com/news/images/wokka_ice.jpg
18 Sqn who?

ProfessionalStudent
12th May 2007, 18:10
Maybe they were doing a recce for the SF assault on Number 10 as part of the military coup the Queen has ordered once Brown takes over...

Have I said too much?:oh:

AlanM
12th May 2007, 19:16
You can say that again.

Hey mate - does that mean that it was you that featured in the many examples of CH47s that are unable to follow the M3/River Thames!!!??? Bless ya. (might explain why we were invited to send someone to talk to you!!!)

(Due respect for your work overseas though.....):D