PDA

View Full Version : RW to FW bridging?

timex
9th May 2007, 14:54
Has anyone on here bridged from RW to FW using the QSP rules, if so is their a reference as to the rules and requirements? Thanks

Shaun

wobble2plank
9th May 2007, 16:47
Yep, I bridged from ATPL(H) to (A) and it was the biggest pain in the a**e to get sorted for me. However its should all be sorted out with the CAA now.

Alex Whittingham at Bristol Ground school is a good point of contact as you will need a 'sponsor' to be able to sit the exams.

I can't remember off the top of my head the exact exams but I think they are:

PofF fixed wing, Operations, and Performance.

Then you need to do the 100 question 'bridging' exam. This was a bit of a mish mash for me but should have been finalised by now. Basically it covers all of the other 'fixed wing' parts of the exam syllabus that the CAA thinks isn't covered by the ATPL(H).

That's yer lot!

Good luck :E

timex
9th May 2007, 18:27
Cheers Wobble done all the Rotary exams, have no intention going FW but one of the younger guys was struggling to find the info.

Ta Shaun

wobble2plank
9th May 2007, 19:09
No worries,

Good luck to yer mate !

Stupidbutsaveable
10th May 2007, 09:57
Timex

I've just completed the Exams. If you are current a QSP(H) with a CPL(H) or ATPL(H) you can bridge straight away doing the exams mentioned above. The CAA will credit you the Ops Paper as it is the same as the one you took for your CPL/ATPL(H) (assuming it is current). This leaves PoF, Perf and Composite to do.

There is a gotcha which caught me out. If you are not current and need to open your CPL(H) on a civilian type then there is a well concealed note in LASORs that states that you cannot sit the RW-FW Bridging Papers until your CPL(H) is opened.

Bristol is the way ahead and £50 is well spent on 3 mths access to their database. Essential in my case for the Composite Paper.

Read LASORS Section D in detail and if in doubt get something in writing from the CAA FCL Policy Dept.

Good hunting

timex
10th May 2007, 10:19
Once again thanks guys.

Shaun

junglie-driver
10th May 2007, 14:22
Afternoon Timex - Hope you're well. Presently undertaking the conversion to the 'A'. Exams completed, passed the Multi-Eng Instrument Rating at Exeter Flight Training today! :D If you have any further questions drop us a line. Val

wobble2plank
10th May 2007, 14:30
Junglie-Driver,

Say hi to Brian and all the gang down there in sunny Exeter!

Excellent course, hated those bl**dy cowl flaps!!!

W2P

timex
10th May 2007, 14:37
Cheers Val, heard you'd decided to go! hope fully catch you soon. Good luck.

Shaun

Tourist
10th May 2007, 21:10
Val, I didn't realise it was possible to sit your IR in a widebody jet, or did you fly with the door open?