PDA

View Full Version : The French are coming

JimBall
8th May 2007, 16:20
Just heard that when the Tour de France starts from London for the first time this year (weekend of July 7), the tv shots will be done by the 5 helis and the 2 fixed wing links aircraft that do the Tour in France......

What with that and the Red Bull Air Race later in the month, around the area east of Canary Wharf no less, it's going to be a busy time.

Will AlanM be on vacation for all of July ?

And a BIG RA(T) here (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=14&pagetype=65&appid=7&newstype=n&mode=detail&nid=1459)

g-mady
8th May 2007, 17:42
Am surprised City Airport agreed to that, or Heathrow for that matter. Would be good though!

MADY

Brilliant Stuff
8th May 2007, 18:19
I don't think city is very active on weekends.

The whole thing sounds fantastic.

What happened last time the cycle race was in England was quite hairraising because I was told by the CAA that the French bring their own airspace with them which means that they use the French rules instead of the British ones.

One example being that a single landed in a hotel carpark, because they saw lunch whilst passing.

But then again this was before JAR now we are all on the same hymn shet aren't we.:E

Sammie_nl
8th May 2007, 22:33
I do remember that a couple of years ago when the Tour was on this side of the Channel that they (cyclist plus whole caravan) drove on the right side of the road. They got their own rules I guess.

JimL
9th May 2007, 06:55
Brilliant Stuff,

No, not for aerial work.

Jim

topendtorque
9th May 2007, 14:01
When talking about the french, one should use the past tense.
like, and to use a bit of hillbilly vernicular, "they have came",
'yes' mused bloggs, 'that's probably why we have toads instead of little frogs all over north aussie.'

watch out you poms.
yep its been a long day, four million trees and about twenty cattle.