PDA

View Full Version : Extracting pictures from .pps files

Expat Country Member
8th May 2007, 11:25
On receiving a .pps file by E mail, how can I save an individual picture as a jpeg

Also, is it possible to convert a bitmap to a jpeg ?

Duckbutt
8th May 2007, 14:20
Think this will do what you want:

1) Save the pps file to disk.

2) Open Powerpoint programme and load presentation without running it.

3) Using the ‘view’ icons at bottom left go to ‘slide view’ (middle of the five icons)

4) Select and open the required slide, click on picture, right click and copy.

5) Open Paint program, Edit, Paste

6) File, Save As, choose destination, name and in ‘Save as type’ box change from bitmap to JPEG.

7) Click Save.

Hope this helps.

Background Noise
8th May 2007, 16:35
That will work if you have powerpoint. If not, run the pps if you can - I think powerpoint viewer is a free download(?) and then ALT, PrtSc will save whatever is on the screen to the clipboard.

James 1077
8th May 2007, 17:45
Or download Open Office and you get a free office program that can handle and edit .pps files.

As for converting bmp to jpg I think that Paint does this but haven't used it for ages (due to having a far superior operating system :}). From memory you just save as a jpg.

safetypee
12th May 2007, 01:08
Download file and Save. Change extension to .ppt
Open file with PowerPoint, go to slide and select picture (for built-up graphics select ‘all’ components, or only those required from the slide). Right click, select ‘Save as Picture’, choose file type from ‘save as type’; - a range of graphic file formats.

You should be able to insert a bitmap picture into a PowerPoint slide, and then save it as a jpg file as above.

If the PowerPoint file size is a problem (for e-mail), then select any picture on a slide, right click, select Format Picture, and select Compress – follow directions and save the file.

FormerFlake
13th May 2007, 13:11
Open the appropriate slide in powerpoint editing mode. Go to File, Save As and work down to "JPEG"

Background Noise
13th May 2007, 18:26
Assuming he has powerpoint ...