PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair question [Urgent]

AdamC
7th May 2007, 20:40
Hello everyone,

I really need some urgent advice before tomorrow evening, regarding flights with Ryanair.

Me and my mother have booked flights from Stansted departing tomorrow, but then booked an 11 year old on a seperate booking, but same flights.

Now Ryanairs website states this "Children under the age of 14 years must always be accompanied on the same reservation by a passenger over 16 years." - Does this mean that the 11 year old will be refused travel as he isn't on the same booking? - I mean, he's my brother, so everythings exactly the same, just a seperate booking!

We also had to put him down as an adult on Ryanairs site to book it seperate.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Adam.

Final 3 Greens
7th May 2007, 21:42
Call Ryanair tomorrow, they will have the answer, I certainly don't.

Good luck.

Pax Agent
7th May 2007, 21:51
having worked on ryanair check-in in the past It all comes down to the agent checking you in!
If they are on the ball (i was a bit of a b*stard but rules are rules) then they should check your res no's and will prob notice that you are on seperate reservations.
If they don't notice this then they shouldn't batter an eyelid!
There is nothing you can do now so you are best to hold on and see. Being honest now isn't a good idea as they will not ignore the problem as fixing it will generate more revenue!
Try to find the most ditzy/bored/can't be ar*ed PSA you can!!! :}
The ONLY other option if you want to blag it (it won't hurt as if they have spotted it it will cost you £££ anyway so you may aswell try!) - If a pax wants to change their booking then they often need to split the reservation.
Let me give you an example!....
Mr Smith - STN-AGP 03uly07
MRS SMith - STN -AGP 03july07

Their ref is G3N5XZ

MR smith wants to move his date of travel to the 4th...thus they need a seperate reservations....ryanair would split the booking so Mr smith would be given a new randomly generated ref number!
THis could have been done and explains why the lad is on a diff num.
If they 'bother' to look into it then just claim ignorance and pay up as you would have to anyway....in my opinion i think u will be fine but should there be a hardball working remember that you agreed to their t+c's!
Fingers crossed tho i think u'll get away with it!
Let us know! :ok:

AdamC
7th May 2007, 23:00
I guess on the plus side for me is that I will be checking in at about 4:10am, when they proberbly wont even notice.

If they decide we have to pay, I won't be flying - Due to the fact that im going for one night, and im not too keen on paying a fortune for that!

Would a name change do it? - Change my name on the resevation with my mum to the 11 year olds, and then put mine on the 11 year olds resevation? - I mean im 15, but the website says minors under 14 cannot travel if booked without an adult!

chrism20
8th May 2007, 00:10
Would a name change do it?

Yes it probably would but knowing FR it will be costly and you can only do it over the phone to their 0898 premium rate number

Are you taking luggage? if not use online checkin, it costs a few quid more but means you don't have to encounter the checkin agents. If you are taking luggage try packing it all into one bag and and still check in your brother online (remember FR's luggage allowances though if you go down that route as you will be be charged excess if you go over)

AdamC
8th May 2007, 06:15
Are you taking luggage? if not use online checkin, it costs a few quid more but means you don't have to encounter the checkin agents. If you are taking luggage try packing it all into one bag and and still check in your brother online (remember FR's luggage allowances though if you go down that route as you will be be charged excess if you go over)

1 bag, which can be checked in at check-in with me. My mum is saying that we should just go to Stansted and pretend we didn't have a clue, im running with that one - I'll let you know how I get on! :ok:

AdamC
12th May 2007, 05:01
Got on no problems at all, she didn't even batter an eye lid at check in!

Very impressed with the cabin crew onboard yesterday evenings flight (FR3845 Reus to Stansted, being 11th May) - Some jokes in announcements, which made the flight seem to go faster.

"Anybody caught smoking onboard todays flight, will be put on the wing.. Then we will watch a inflight movie of gone with the wind!"

"We are not delboys, everything you buy from us is the real deal!"

"Finally on behalf of your captain, Micheal Shumaker, it's been a pleasure to have you onboard, for those of you who smoke, DONT SMOKE ITS BAD FOR YOU HONESTLY!! Please refrain from doing so until you have cleared HM Customs here at the lovely cold.. err London"

DONTTELLTHEPAX
12th May 2007, 08:34
Thats what I love about Ryanair crew, they have a joke with you,
the cabin crew were told by the flight deck, to take their seats
for blast off and anyone caught smoking would be made to fly
with British Airways on the return flight.