PDA

View Full Version : S92 Category A MAUW

Baby Daddy
7th May 2007, 15:08
Greetings from a long time reader / non-poster!

The boss has asked me to develop a few "what if" scenarios for the S92. Does anyone have CAT A numbers for the S92 that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm interested in MAUW for the following scenarios:

- CAT A elevated helideck at ISA / ISA+20C at sea level
- CAT A runway at ISA / ISA+20C at sea level

Also, what about JAROPS3 PC2e for the S92. Does Sikorsky publish a supplement?

Gracias!

212man
7th May 2007, 23:48
There is no Cat A helideck procedure. There are two procedures: operations with exposure, and operations without exposure. These are directly analogous to PC2 and PC2e operations. The RTOMs are as follows (+/- 50 lb or so for rushed graph scanning!)

PC2: ISA, 26,500lb, ISA+20 C, 26,200 lb

PC2e is more complex as drop down can be considered. In no wind conditions, RTOM increases with dropdown until 120 ft, when deck edge miss becomes limiting. (Note: dropdown, not deck height)

For zero dropdown: ISA 23,600 lb, ISA+20 C 21,500 lb
For 120 ft Dropdown: ISA 26,400 lb, ISA +20 C 23,900 lb

Wind and/or Hp variations obviously affect the figures.

For Cat A clear runway take off with maximum permissable Vtoss, the RTOMs are:

ISA, 26,500 lb, ISA +20 C 26,200 lb.

You will note that these weights are the same as the PC2 helideck weights, which indicates that the Cat A weights are second segment limited. Lower Vtoss figures give lower RTOMs and RTDRH /TODRH, if required.

All weights quoted are Aircon Off.

Baby Daddy
8th May 2007, 03:34
Awesome! Thanks for your help 212MAN!

I'm pretty new to CAT A operations, having spent most of my time in single engine aircraft (makes OEI work pretty tough :}) over solid ground. Are 120-ft helideck heights typical offshore these days? Worldwide?

And one more ... what helideck dimensions are required? Are they 60ftx60ft or greater as is required for the S76? I would assume the S92 requires a deck at least the size of the S76.

Thanks again!

212man
8th May 2007, 04:15
Curiously, there is no recomended minimum dimensions for the deck, in the RFM. Industry standard practice is a minimum of 1 'D' (overall length including rotors) which for the S-92 is 67.5 ft, or 20.88 m.

Deck heights of 120 ft are common place for platforms with this deck size in the North Sea and Canada, I can't comment on the GoM. Our decks are somewhat lower.