PDA

View Full Version : Cranwell...

Woody2905
6th May 2007, 18:38
Just wondering how many OASC selections are held in a given time?

And also is there anyone on here attending on the 10th July?

Pontius Navigator
6th May 2007, 19:12
I believe you might be in a syndicate of 10-12 with perhaps 4 at a time.

RNRAFRUS
6th May 2007, 20:46
See you there! How is the prep going? Officer or NCA?
NCA myself.:ok:

Woody2905
6th May 2007, 21:42
NCA for me too!

Prep is going well, what things are you working on mostly?

RNRAFRUS
7th May 2007, 07:57
Lots of speed,distance,time calculations as well as basic mental arithmetic. I am using a scrap book which contains everything i need to know (hopefully) including all things RAF, defence issuses, current affairs, everthing about NCA. I am getting to know my application form inside out and practicing interview questions.

Green Flash
7th May 2007, 11:28
RNRAFRUS

Good luck, but remember that no matter how much prep you put in they will allways bowl you a bouncer that will be impossible to hit! How you handle it will count as much as how much prep you do, although an obviously prepared, and therefore confident, candidate will be noted. And enjoy it! Put the loud handle through the firewall, give of your best, be honest and have a good time!

Adski
7th May 2007, 11:37
Best of luck to you guys off to Cranwell, I have my filter interview tomorrow so i'm just making sure i'm as prepared as I can be. When did you guys pass your filter interview? I'm just wondering how long you had to wait until you're off to Cranwell, just so I can get an idea of the amount of preparation time I have for OASC if I pass through tomorrow.

talk_shy_tall_knight
7th May 2007, 15:27
Green Flash

What the blinkin' flip does "Put the loud handle through the firewall" mean?

advocatusDIABOLI
7th May 2007, 16:50
Advance the Throttle(s), forward, hence increasing the engine noise, through the 'Gate' (a small but noticable indent) to engage Reheat power, whereby increasing the noise (And available thrust) significantly. This allows the craft to be accelerated to the extreme margins of the envelope. ie. 'Freakin Out There Man!'

Advo

Woody2905
7th May 2007, 19:31
I had my filter interview in January and my OASC date is 10th July, hope this helps,

Shaun

RNRAFRUS
7th May 2007, 20:37
I had my interview in March. Received OASC date (10th July) 2 weeks later.

Adski
7th May 2007, 21:35
Thanks fellas, gives me a rough idea of the time I will have to prepare.

Rude C'man
8th May 2007, 07:13
TOP TIP >>>>> NCA wannabe's get your AFCO to get you a slot on the last thu of the month briefs given by 55 Sqn , it will help you no end for OASC selection interview.

Wyler
8th May 2007, 08:12
Filter Interviews? Who does them? Where are they held? How long etc? At what time do you apply? My 17 year old daughter is interested.

OOpsIdiditagain
8th May 2007, 10:35
:ok: Hopefully you advised her against OSB(FC)!

Wyler
8th May 2007, 10:49
I most certainly did!!!:= :=

Proper jobs only. :E

Safety_Helmut
8th May 2007, 12:00
You'll probably all fail, on eyesight/observation/reading/stupidity etc. There's a thread, at the top, a sticky, for all of this pap !

S_H :ugh:

expedite08
8th May 2007, 16:36
Make sure they have actaully got vacancies!!! Sounds stupid but its happend... to me!! I went through just as the doors closed as the defence cuts took hold a few years ago. Selection went perfect, no jobs, but still put me through all the crap.
As we predicted then in the bar one eve back in 2003, the backfire to the defence cuts has come, and now they are screaming for Officers/NCA. Get in there while you can.
Good luck.

ps all the prep in the world wont get you anywhere. Your face has to fit, simple as that.

samuraimatt
8th May 2007, 16:56
all the prep in the world wont get you anywhere

Hmm what a load of crap. I take it you didn't get in and are just bitter.

Pontius Navigator
8th May 2007, 17:04
Matt,

You've had a bad press recently but your last post was spot on.

You could have gone on to mention that Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

but clearly silk purses and sows ears also apply.

Looking on the positive side of failure: preparation and interview are all good life skills which, if properly covered, could be a positive asset in a CV, bit like, BA (Calcutta) (Failed), but at least tried.