PDA

View Full Version : BMI and Paris

Tonic Please
5th May 2007, 17:34
Just went to book my flight to Paris with BMI like I have done a number of times, only to see they don't fly from EGLL anymore.

What on earth is the cause??? How can they not fly to Paris????

I guess I'll have to go BA, which is always more expensive :(

BHDflyer
5th May 2007, 17:57
With 8 airlines flying from London to Paris bmi were the first to throw in the towel sadly. pax numbers were low from what I heard, and with so many loco airlines flying from other london airports bmi announced a couple of months ago they'd stop the route. In return for that they started now fly from Heathrow to Jersey.

Tonic Please
5th May 2007, 17:59
Thank you sir :)

pamann
5th May 2007, 20:03
8 airlines from London are you sure??? I can only think of BA, Bmi, Air France and Easy so not sure who you think the other 4 are???

manintheback
6th May 2007, 13:01
BMI managed to succesfully run what was once the best airline on that route into the ground (metaphorically of course).

Count von Altibar
6th May 2007, 13:41
Another bmi retreat I'm afraid. I think they prefer routes now ex-Heathrow which they have no competition on.

Localiser Green
6th May 2007, 17:28
With 8 airlines flying from London to Paris
Only 5 airlines between London and Paris (when bmi still operated it), and that's counting City Jet from LCY seperately to Air France. See list here (http://www.flightontime.info/LondonParis).