PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilots working in Thailand??

fly_boyz
5th May 2007, 06:36
I've spent the last 2 winters here (2-4 months) and I really don't feel like going home this time.

I'm just wondering what the situation is here for work and such. I know CHC has 3 bases here (I'm Canadian). Anyone working here have some advice?

I'm just looking to chat with a few pilots here and see what my options are. Please send me an email ([email protected]) or better yet give my Thai mobile a call 08 7385 8462.

Cheers,

Lee

Super 61
6th May 2007, 00:26
CHC GO has 2 bases in Thailand. One in Songkhla in the deep south, and one in Utapao near Pattaya.

Types operated are S76 A++, C+, and S61.

They have openings for IFR Captains right now, but you have to go through the process on line at chc.ca, and you may end up in Nigeria first.

Requirements are 1500 hours command and a few other bits and pieces including 300 offshore. No openings for FO's as they hire Thai nationals for these positions.

Si Chang has a C+ operation also based in Songkhla, they hire mainly national pilots who have become disillusioned at CHC after their free training and 7 year bond.

pm me for more, I'll be back there next week

TheMonk
7th May 2007, 01:32
Sawatdee krup,

Try http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/ Someone there should be able to help you.

Choke dee nah!

Monk

teecatzz
12th May 2007, 10:19
Super 61,
Hi there. Just curious about the openings at CHC in Thailand, how much does one get as a PIC on a 61.
thanks,
teecatzz

Super 61
12th May 2007, 13:57
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, are you talking salary ?

If so, it depends on where they put you on their limited salry grid. Expect between 87,000 and 95,000CDN$ more with ET or training duties. It's great spot, but there have been some real problems lately, poor management and lack of crews mainly. All the violence in the deep south is about 40 miles south of here and it's getting worse. It's not well reported, try thaivisa.com for an update in the news section. Cheers

teecatzz
12th May 2007, 15:30
flungdung,
not quite, far from it acvtually. that level of pay is only for a select criteria. PM me for more......

teecatzz
12th May 2007, 15:35
Thanks for the info super 61. Yes I meant salary. Just taking note of what I think I know with regards to pay level being offered. Seems like the level for CHC global is pretty standardised.

DryAir
13th May 2007, 14:14
One would be nearly right to think one gets aroung over 70k pounds a year tax free in Brunei as a Brunei Shell Employee. Thats if youre an expat. Butttt.. you only earn less than 30k quid if youre a local..
so if you have the S92 rating .. by all means apply and come over to Brunei. Great place where everything is cheap and quite a good place to raise young kids.

So come on CHC Global or Bristow International.. there're lots of locals here with JAR ATPL's with S61 and S92 ratings who are waiting for the chance to leave from beaucratic issues and unfair treatment and better money.

212man
14th May 2007, 02:33
"So come on CHC Global or Bristow International.. there're lots of locals here with JAR ATPL's with S61 and S92 ratings who are waiting for the chance to leave from beaucratic issues and unfair treatment and better money"

I think the way it works is that you have to APPLY to them first: they don't come to you ;)

DryAir
16th May 2007, 10:37
haha.. very true SC, but just to let you know.. we had a little bet as to whether you would respond to that line.. and i won.. cheers.

Got the bait and saw the line..