PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry about aircraft sighting these days.

cyyap3
4th May 2007, 19:12
Hie everybody!!I am sort of a newbie here.seldom post anything up.but i m a cadet pilot wannabe and i always get very excited,motivated and happy when i see aircrafts flying in the air. I have notice these days that i am able to see aircrafts flying the the skies so much clearer. Am just wondering why!?!Is it because the clouds nowadays are much thicker and higher, so the aircraft is purposely flew lower to reduce the bumpiness of the ride for the passengers and also to have a clearer visibility!? but wont that in turn cost the aircraft to burn more fuel since the air is more dense at lower altitudes as compared to higher altitudes??

Oh, by the way. I am cadet pilot wannabe at the age of 23 and still have not gotten any luck in any airlines. Got rejected by airasia, mas and even sia. How sad can that be?Anybody got any tips and guide for me?!I really want to be a good pilot.It's my dream!!

walshy_MAN
14th May 2007, 15:28
cyyap3,

Nothing to my knowledge has changed with cloud covering etc. Everything has been the same since I dont know how long ago. Yes aircraft flying at lower altitudes would increase fuel burn because of air density, but the cruising altitude for aircraft hasnt changed, they all still fly over our homes at high altitudes averaging some where in the region of FL310 to FL360 or if we live near an airfield or airport, naturally the altitudes vary. What steps have you taken with regards to eventually flying for an airline? (training etc)