PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter Malaysia

Bry78
4th May 2007, 12:14
Does anyone have any info on working for Eurocopter Malaysia? I talked to them about a year ago about an engineering job, but ended up taking a job with another company. It sounded like a pretty good deal, but it was before I knew about this forum, so I never had a chance to ask anyone.
I'm just wondering about living in KL, working at Eurocopters Subang facility, etc. Also, what is considered a good wage for living in KL?
Maybe someday I'll have a chance to head that direction.

he1iaviator
4th May 2007, 21:25
Eurocopter Malaysia is a sort of "low cost" subsidiary of Eurocopter, so pay rates are not on the mega European (or presumably Saudi) scale. What you get depends on your experience and how good your bargaining skills are. If you are Dauphin/Squirrel/EC120/135/155 etc qualified you are likely to be KL based. Super Puma qualifications are likely to result in a Miri or Kerteh posting in support of the offshore industry. The Subang facility is expanding all the time with four hangars at present and more planned.
Cost of living in Malaysia is very competitive so the lower salary is not a problem unless you are saving for a retirement elsewhere. It's a nice place to live generally.

mini
4th May 2007, 22:51
Can't add anything on the substantive issue, but have worked at Subang, crashed at the Pan Pacific Glen Marie for a few months. Had a great time, reasonable ride into KL, reasonable costs, the smog can be a drag though...

Overall, would love to do it again.

Bry78
5th May 2007, 03:16
Thanks for the info guys.