PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

EI-BUD
3rd May 2007, 17:12
I often use Ryanair to the UK and Europe. I have never had a problem with them, ok so you dont get free drinks etc. But then not many airlines do give free onboard service. The price I pay on Ryanair is usually cheaper than the competition, however for EG, DUB LGW with BA is often at Short notice so so much cheaper and at weekends. However, the fact is the LCCs use a yield management system that will usually be cheaper the earlier that you book or should I say a Percentage of the seats go at different levels of pricing . EG (not sure of the exact % ) but say 50 % at the lowest fares...10% at the next highest price etc.
This system is much fairer as the people who book first get the lowest fare. Not so fair when you book early and then it becomes cheaper nearere the time. All that said I have often gotten a cheaper deal at short notice.

As for routes that there is only 1 operator ie Ryanair the same system applies. When You mention Liverpool and Manchester these are so often at high prices around weekends.Football etc.

It amazes me on here all the talking down of Ryanair there is . I was in Stansted last Sunday and I can say what FR have achieved there is only spectacular. In a Queue of 8 aircraft to take off 7 were FR 1 was easyjet. The amount of positives that can be attributed to FR success is imense. And b4 I get replies saying name them or prove it I am not going to. Eg Massive growth in Tourism etc. Big decrease in fares. So many people on here would have you believe that they would never fly Ryanair. So much snobbery. In Belfast nearly everyone who flies does so on LCCs and to them thats flying . They fly they dont differentiate. The only Full service(so called) from BFS is Bmi and in my book it proves to me to be just the same as FR except you get to pick you own seat.
EI-BUD

humberside_go
3rd May 2007, 19:23
Anyone else booked a flight with them recently and not had the email confirmation? I booked over 48 hours ago and havent had one yet. I've noticed the website says they are experiencing delays of up to 6 hours but this has been quite a while. Booked with them many times before and its been pretty quick coming through. I just don't want to get to Stansted and find I'm not on the list!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 20:02
Just follow the link from the website, review booking and print that
page, this will be just as good as your confirmation at the Airport if
it comes to it.

allanmack
3rd May 2007, 20:16
At the end of day people will choose what they feel is best product for themselves and FRs success speaks for itself. Anyone who hasn't realised that FR take advantage of sporting events is either completely niaive or just plain thick. Business is Business. Me? I am off to book another low cost flight to Stansted as I know I will get value for money. Next time I want to go to Dublin for the Scotland rugby match I 'll go via Stansted given that the direct PIK flights will be probably expensive. It will be two flights but I 'll have a few beers at STN before getting another low cost flight to DUB.

maxalt
4th May 2007, 11:36
Yeah, and don't forget to mention that if the PIK - STN is delayed and you miss the connection to DUB you'll be overnighting in STN, at your own expense. :\
--------------------------------
23rd May 2007
Ryanair DUB - MAN: 169.99 euro
Aer Lingus DUB - MAN: 1 euro!

Based
4th May 2007, 11:47
Maxalt,

I'm going to assume you enjoy stirring up emotions as opposed to being an idiot. Of course it's going to be €199 for a ticket if there're only 3 seats left - it's the same pricing model used by Ryanair on every route and flight. It's simple economics, nothing more!

I'll make the same assumption for your comparison of flights to Manchester on the 23rd where you've compared a morning Ryanair flight with an evening Aer Lingus flight, making the comparison irrelevant of course. If you want to compare like with like then currently:
- Ryanair 556 departing DUB at 6.10pm: €18.50
- Aer Lingus 216 departing DUB at 6.10pm: €34.49

I've included all taxes, charges, etc. and 1 checked-in bag in these prices to avoid any petty arguing on that front. Aer Lingus are due in MAN 5 minutes before Ryanair though:)

maxalt
4th May 2007, 12:39
On the 23rd ALL Aer Lingus flights are 1 euro!
The early FR is 45 euro!
Still 45 times more expensive than Aer Lingus.
Or choose the late one and pay 169.99 times more.....
And I assert that you are wrong about yield management being the cause.
YOU don't know how many seats remain. You are spoofing to suport your argument.
That FR flight is 169.99 because of simple opportunism - a chance to make a fast buck.
A ripoff, plain and simple!
--------------------------------
23rd May 2007
Ryanair DUB - MAN: 169.99 euro
Aer Lingus DUB - MAN: 1 euro!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
4th May 2007, 16:13
MAxalt you are looking like a fool:* ,
you started slagging off Ryanair about the cost of flying to LPL from DUB,
as soon as it was pointed out to you that only Ryanair offers and support this route, you change the goal posts and start slagging the MAN price
get a life, we can all find routes offered by airlines that are lower than others on the same day.:ugh:

allanmack
4th May 2007, 20:59
Yeh, Maxalt, you are spot on. If you miss your flight then you have to pick up the tab. Done it twice due to that extra quick beer. Thing is I know the rules and take the consequences. The last time I did it it cost me £80 overnight in a hotel near STN and £40 flight back to PIK. Expensive last beer. Strange thing was it was still way cheaper than flying BA or BMI into LHR even including that last expensive beer.

As regards the DUB trip, chances are that the flight will not be delayed given my experience. As its a rugby trip you will leave a bit extra time at STN to chill out have a few beers so as not to miss the connection. If you do then thats all part of the adventure. Take it easy big man.

ryan2000
5th May 2007, 07:04
I notice that Ryanair are advertising Cork Bremen on their website as predicted here some months ago. 1st Continental service for them from Cork.

EI-BUD
5th May 2007, 09:22
notice that Ryanair are advertising Cork Bremen on their website as predicted here some months ago. 1st Continental service for them from Cork.Yesterday 21:59
Ryan 2000... I saw on Ryanair website what looks like a Cork to Bremen offer, which was headline in the offer section in the middle of the page, In factI think it was not an offer for flying Cork/Bremen but instead simply the way that the list of destinations were listed.

I think the add intended to classify the destinations by price! All of which are on offer from Dublin...

cesare.caldi
8th May 2007, 20:57
Thursday Ryanair press conference in Weeze, MOL will be present to make a "big annunce".

German press report about a possible double of plane based at NRN from 2 to 4...

Any rumors about new possible route from Weeze?

Charlie Roy
8th May 2007, 22:57
I expect mainly Spanish and Italian routes to be announced for Weeze on Thursday. Dublin, Oslo Torp or Tampere wouldn't come as a surprise either.

In other Ryanair news:
A Gerona - Granada (http://www.radiogranada.es/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=37165) route is looking likely from the autumn
Ryanair are also set to fly to Växjö (http://www.sr.se/kronoberg/nyheter/artikel.asp?artikel=1355676) in Southern Sweden (I'm guessing from Stansted)

Based
9th May 2007, 12:46
Ryanair are putting on flights for the final from DUB and LPL. £299 each way plus taxes from LPL and €399 each way plus taxes from DUB.

dwlpl
9th May 2007, 13:01
Interesting if people aim to stay in Liverpool before they go as there a very few hotel rooms this side of the M6 still available.

jsd95
9th May 2007, 13:04
New route from June 14th :

Bournemouth-Nantes, 3 per week (-2-4-6-).

Announced today

Harry the Hound
9th May 2007, 15:16
There are strong rumours of BRS becoming an FR base in the very near future, can anybody in the know confirm this, would mean a good dog fight with EZY as BRS is their busiest european base behind LGW.

Charlie Roy
9th May 2007, 16:45
Bournemouth-Nantes, 3 per week (-2-4-6-)

This route will be made possible by the reduction of Madrid - Faro from 1xdaily to 4xweekly (1-3-5-7)

cesare.caldi
9th May 2007, 21:09
Ryanair close two routes:

BGY-WRO 3x week. Last flight 12/06
HHN-PEG 3x week, due to start in June, but don't start.

Probably both for bad load factor.

Probably will be annonced soon new replacement routes from BGY and HHN..

MUFC_fan
9th May 2007, 21:37
Not officially, but add BLK-STN to that list.:(

Charlie Roy
10th May 2007, 09:07
Fuerteventura
Malaga
Marrakesh
Milano Bergamo
Seville
Trapani
Valencia
Växjö

cesare.caldi
10th May 2007, 18:01
Here are the frequency:

Fuerteventura 4x week
Malaga 4x week
Marrakech 3x week
Milan BGY Daily
Seville 3x week
Trapani (Sicily) 3x week
Valencia 4x week
Vaxjo (Sweden) 4x week

As I've annunced will be based two more plane at NRN, from 2 to 4.

Now NRN is the second Ryanair base in Germany after HHN (9 plane based) and BRE (3 plane based).

NRN is a "leisure" base: from 18 total routes there are 7 to Spain and 5 to Italy...

en2r
15th May 2007, 19:34
Has anyone else noticed that they've put up the credit card fee to €3 per person each way, a 20% increase.

dumdumbrain
15th May 2007, 20:21
Anyone know how long we have to wait to find out when ema and hhn will be annunced? Or when we will find out for sure that another two a/c will be added to ema this winter?

cesare.caldi
15th May 2007, 20:46
Has anyone else noticed that they've put up the credit card fee to €3 per person each way, a 20% increase

If you use Visa Electron don't pay any credit card fee ;)

en2r
15th May 2007, 21:32
If you use Visa Electron don't pay any credit card fee

I don't think any Irish banks supply Visa Electron Cards

VanBosh
16th May 2007, 07:41
Halifax Ireland will with their new current account

VanBosh
16th May 2007, 12:23
Another 2 new planes to Barcelona !

Billund
Bratislava
Fez
Granada
Graz
Hamburg
Malta
Marrakesh
Wroclaw

airhumberside
16th May 2007, 13:02
Havent we had Marrakech before?

Charlie Roy
16th May 2007, 15:47
I see all the new Girona routes on the site except for Granada?

MUFC_fan
16th May 2007, 19:44
Anybody booked on the free flights...yes FREE (well, 1p!)

I payed 2p return for an MAN to DUB flight in October. I actually payed the 4GBP for the online check-in etc, but still - 2p!!

No Creditcard fees, no Government tax, no 'wheelchair tax'...nothing.

jack_essex
16th May 2007, 21:38
I have! Just booked 4 of us for a day trip trip Dublin. Everything came to 0.08 pence!!! No taxes, charges or anything! Have a look on airliners.net, people have booked like 5 return trips each! LOL. It's rude not to book flights for that price even if you don't bother turning up for them. I have booked some flights on the off chance I will actually be able to go!

JDB1052
16th May 2007, 22:11
This latest Ryanair scheme must surely be getting their shareholders worried. Giving away seats for ten euro plus all the credit card fees is one thing, but giving them away for free and absorbing all the airport and government taxes is just plain silly. Sure they get loads of publicity, but suffered a booking service outage for almost three hours this afternoon plus every passenger they carry will cost them money. For starters, many of their routes incur full airport charges as the deals have expired, plus for every "Free" passenger they carry out of the UK, they pay the Browne/Blair Bank ten pounds. Even if every "free" seat only cost them on average ten euros in taxes and charges, there's ten million quid to subsidise a silly publicity stunt.

Then there's the reaction of the shareholders, who no doubt will be delighted when Ryanairs set factor is back to normal next month, having forgotten that they had to give away the seats to achieve it - not?

What a load of tosh - Ryanair need to realise that, if you can't give it away for ten euors, you are producing too much. They must have massive over capacity relative to demand at the moment - can't remember the last FR flight I was on where the first six rows were not closed off.

The bubble has burst - what next?

cesare.caldi
16th May 2007, 22:28
Spanish press report a new expansion of Ryanair Madrid base: from November will be add 2 new plane (from 3 to 5) and will be open 7 new route:

MAD-FKB
MAD-NRN
MAD-HHN
MAD-LPL
MAD-TSF
MAD-TPS
MAD-Sardinia (AHO or CAG?)

Probably new routes will be annunced soon...

cesare.caldi
16th May 2007, 22:30
Italian press report about Alghero (AHO) will be annunced soon as Ryanair new base. One of the several new routes is AHO-CRL....

Charlie Roy
17th May 2007, 00:32
Portugese press reports that Ryanair will announce new routes from Oporto today (Thursday).

http://www.turisver.com/article.php?id=27175

kingdee
17th May 2007, 02:34
Crumbs MOL will be paying us to fly soon .So what is behind this free flight offer must be something .Anyhow i have just booked a shed of flights for .002p return .Keep up the good work MOL :ok:

eu01
17th May 2007, 06:20
Well indeed, Ryanair website has been extremely busy yesterday, partially down as well.

Passenger frenzy grounds website as Ryanair launches free flights

RYANAIR has opened a new front in the bitter airline price war by offering completely free flights for the first time.
However, the no-frills carrier's website was unable to cope with demand for the one million free seats yesterday
(...)
Analysts said the new approach was to lure passengers from rivals as Ryanair increased flights to France, Italy and Spain as part of a planned 27 per cent growth in capacity this year. They said the airline would want to ensure the new aircraft which are joining its fleet to serve the routes were filled.

Further expansion is due to be announced by Michael O'Leary, Ryanair's chief executive, at East Midlands airport today.
The experts predicted airlines such as Alitalia, Iberia and Air Berlin could be hardest hit, while Ryanair said it was also stepping up the pressure on British Airways and EasyJet.

Nick Van den Brul, an aviation analyst with brokers Exane BNP Paribas, said: "To keep load factors [proportion of seats filled] up, Ryanair will have to discount seats, effectively starting a new price war." However, he warned that the free tickets could lead to Ryanair increasing the price of other seats on some flights to maintain revenue levels.

airhumberside
17th May 2007, 08:20
FR could be busy today with Porto and EMA (reported in the Scotsman). Porto-EMA anyone?

jongeman
17th May 2007, 08:23
I'm waiting for MAN-MAD but think I'm going to be disappointed.

pee
17th May 2007, 08:31
FR could be busy todaySomething new for Tampere, eventually. Milano BGY - Tampere. Finnish fans already thought they were abandonned, not quite though.

airhumberside
17th May 2007, 08:46
As well as Tampere, also Bari, Alghero, Cagliari, Porto, Santander, Billund, Riga and Gothenburg Save. 2 extra Bergamo based aircraft

foxile
17th May 2007, 10:05
Porto-EMA?

Yes please, doing STN-OPO three times a month at the mo.
Living 15 mins from EMA it would make life a lot easier!

Charlie Roy
17th May 2007, 11:17
Riga
Budapest

UPS@EMA
17th May 2007, 12:04
All, 2 new destinations dont mean a new based unit at EMA. There are 5 departures within 1 hr of each other in the morning rush hour on Tues, Thur and Sat with the inclusion of Riga. the destinations with EMA based units are Dubin, Lodz, Nimes, Rome and now Riga.

With the addition of BUD and RIX, does it mean that Grenoble and Salzburg wont return for the winter season???? it they do return, another based aircraft could be required

Regards

RAT 5
17th May 2007, 12:15
Back to the free flights discussion, and RYR saying it is to ensure all new a/c are full. Could this have something to do with their new-route/airport policy. It used to be that a 3 year deal was struck such that RYR guaranteed so many pax through the airport. If they succeeded then the rock bottom contract price was frozen for years ahead. If not, then it was renegotiated with little leverage for RYR.

airhumberside
17th May 2007, 12:33
Whats the frequency of Riga and Budapest?

UPS@EMA
17th May 2007, 12:46
Riga is 3 times weekly Tues, Thur and Sat
Bud is 4 times Weekly Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun

Regards

Stu

nema/robin hood
17th May 2007, 12:46
RIX - 3 times per week - Tu Th Sa
BUD - 4 times per week - M W F Su

Looking forward to even more destinations from FR :)

dwlpl
17th May 2007, 13:36
Spanish press report a new expansion of Ryanair Madrid base: from November will be add 2 new plane (from 3 to 5) and will be open 7 new route:

MAD-FKB
MAD-NRN
MAD-HHN
MAD-LPL
MAD-TSF
MAD-TPS
MAD-Sardinia (AHO or CAG?)

News sources are saying that there are to be nine new routes from Madrid starting in November but there are route details available.

Anyone with the details of the new routes?

cesare.caldi
17th May 2007, 18:40
Ryanair will add 2 new plane to Milan BGY base (from 4 to 6) and open 9 new routes:

Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Alghero, Fertilia (AHO) 4x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Billund (BLL) 4x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Bari, Palese (BRI) 3x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Cagliari, Elmas (CAG) daily
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Gothenburg, City (GSE) 3x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Porto, Francisco Sá Carneiro (OPO) daily
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Riga, International (RIX) 3x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Santander (SDR) 4x week
Bergamo, Orio Al Serio (BGY) to Tampere, Pirkkala (TMP) 4x week

With these new routes BGY go to 34 total routes.

cesare.caldi
17th May 2007, 18:45
Next Ryanair annunce will be:

-new expansion of MAD base with 2 new based plane and 7 to 9 new routes
-new expansion of CRL base with 2 (?) new based plane and several new routes
-annunce of new Ryanair base (there are rumors for REU or AHO)

Anyone have more news?

Charlie Roy
18th May 2007, 00:59
annunce of new Ryanair base (there are rumors for REU or AHO)

This week M'OL spoke with a Spanish journalist about the new Madrid routes. In this interview he was asked when will a 3rd Spanish base be announced. His answer was vague about when but he added "it'll probably be in Southern Spain". This totally contradicts the earlier announced plans for a Reus base this year!

VanBosh
18th May 2007, 07:36
If it is in southern Spain, could Granada be a possibility since they announced a GRO route, which isnt on sale yet? maybe it will go on sale when the base is announceD?

pee
18th May 2007, 08:29
If it is in southern Spain
Well, MOL's interpretation of the geography is a little... weird sometimes (there is nothing to see in Gdansk, remember?) As Reus is located to the south of Barcelona, in some way it could be like in... southern Spain, I guess ;) ...

RAT 5
18th May 2007, 10:07
Why is no-one based at AGP? Is it politics, congestion, cost? Years ago rumours had it that ej might take the plunge; same for NCE & AMS, and we know what happened about those ideas. Does seem odd to have so many flights into an airport from so many different places and not consider a base. Is there vacant space on the military side? In the summer season, there are waves of a/c all arriving/departing at the same time. I wonder if operating out of phase with these waves might be more effective. Taking off AGP at 06.00 arrives into UK at 08.00 local. Most of the traffic is south bound then.

What are the rumours about a new charter/LoCo airport midway AGP & Grenada?

D-ABBT
18th May 2007, 14:05
Hey guys

I see FR are gettin too Liverpool from other area's of Europe, but any idea's if the are thinking about going there from London. I mean i read somewhere that they may be thinkin about pulling out of Blackpool. So maybe that 737 may be free for Liverpool. As i no about of people fly up on the Blackpool then commute down too Liverpool. Just asking, do lets not rip me for it, lol. :).

BT

glasgowpik
19th May 2007, 16:43
Hey Ryanair,when are you going to base a couple more aircrafts here at Prestwick?

In the last few days Ryanair have already announced many more routes from European bases,disclosing the use of several new aircrafts to be delivered starting from this Autumn.
But it's been quite a while ago since they last added an A/C to Prestwick's base to develop some more routes.
Not so long ago Ryanair were continuosly boasting the partnership with Scotland's "fastest growing airport" after the provision of the new hangar facilities.

Is something spoiling the relationship between Ryanair and Prestwick airport?

james170969
19th May 2007, 18:07
Hi glasgowpik and welcome to pprune!!
I've been thinking exactly the same as you but to be honest the last time I flew from Prestwick was in March to Charleroi. The departure lounge was overcrowded to say the least. This was due to a new bar that was taking up space previously occupied by seats. The seats that were there were far too close together. Many people had no choice but to stand until their flight was called. I think that the departure lounge will have to be expanded before new routes are announced by any airline. I haven't been in the airport since March so maybe someone could tell me if things have improved in any way since then.

glasgowpik
19th May 2007, 18:48
Thanks James for the welcome!
You're right Prestwick is a bit of work in progress but Girona isn't the biggest of airports and probably not that clean either,nevertheless Ryanair is still expanding to 9 aircrafts there.

I'm glad you,and maybe others,also noticed the recent lack of expansion by Ryanair on Prestwick,meaning that something has changed in that partnership.

Even for easy targets,such as summer flights to holiday resorts that signed the famous "subsidy" contracts,thus entitled to be connected with somewhere,Ryanair preferred to use other UK bases or even Stockholm.

Who has some information on this?

allanmack
19th May 2007, 19:17
I gather there are plans to expand the PIK departure lounge to increase the seating capacity but to be honest, although it may be a factor, I think the biggest factor is that there are other expanding (and more profitable perhaps) markets in Europe.

airhumberside
19th May 2007, 19:57
I get the sense from Infratil press releases that they arent prepared to offer extremely good deals just to get extra based aircraft but are more focused on profitability. And with plenty of other airports offering extremely good deals to FR, PIK is loosing out

Skipness One Echo
21st May 2007, 08:44
Ryanair want to use PIK for next to nothing.
PIK would prefer them to pay a little nearer the market rate as the infrastructure is falling down.
Ryanair have no interest in this as they would use a big circus tent if it was allowed.
Consequently, no 6th aircraft. I mean there's only so many times you take it up the backside without some form of payback......

And did I miss the launch of the cancelled Eindhoven route as the FR7833 NRN-PIK slot has been shown from Eindhoven in the system until next week. Also on Ryanair.com......anyone know what gives?

allanmack
21st May 2007, 10:11
NRN flights diverted to EIN for a period due to work at NRN.

cesare.caldi
21st May 2007, 16:36
After the annunce of 9 new route from BGY to fill the timetable of two new based plane there are a total of 10x week frequency free (4x + 3x +3x) to open new route or add new frequency to any old routes...

glasgowpik
21st May 2007, 19:40
Is it useful to remind that Ryanair PROMISED in many press releases the deployment of at least 1 new aircraft every year at Prestwick?
Ok,I know how seriously we can take FR's words...

Mr Caldi what's happening to Charleroi airport and the predicted new autumn routes?FR has already announced other expansions but no word on that yet.

Shauna
21st May 2007, 20:28
has ryanair announced the new UK base yet?

Was told it would be this week

MUFC_fan
21st May 2007, 20:41
I would put my house on it being BOU, but BRS could also be in the running!

Infact, I will keep my house and just watch the news unfold!:}

cesare.caldi
21st May 2007, 21:33
Mr Caldi what's happening to Charleroi airport and the predicted new autumn routes?FR has already announced other expansions but no word on that yet.
I belive will be annonced in the coming weeks...

birdscarer
21st May 2007, 21:55
I would be suprised if they choose BOH. :\ Although its a developing airport that is yet to reach it's potential, BRS is more central with a much larger catchment! BOH 1m pax, BRS 7m pax. Dont forget BRS is in the middle of an apron extention. Also several profitable routes are in need of being picked up of BACon. We shall all watch with anticipation... :8

Le Tirer
21st May 2007, 23:01
I would be very surprised if they chose BOU (Bourges, France)!
Couldn't find any up-to-date passenger figures but in 2001 they handled 811 passengers with a capacity of 1000. One site gives the runway length as 1700m and capable of handling B737 although another site gives it as only 1550m.

As for BOH (Bournemouth) I think it will probably become a base eventually but not for a couple of years yet (would be nice to be wrong and to see a base there now though).

LT

MUFC_fan
22nd May 2007, 16:05
Sorry, BOH!:}

BRS may have a large catchment area, but they also have EZY who are HUGE at the airport, not to mention TOM and WW.

Does anybody else have any ideas? Northern Ireland (Derry?:confused:)

glasgowpik
22nd May 2007, 19:19
Why not a Scottish East coast?:):)

Charlie Roy
22nd May 2007, 19:46
has ryanair announced the new UK base yet?
Was told it would be this week

In my opinion, Ryanair are not planning to announce a new UK base in 2007.

MUFC_fan
22nd May 2007, 20:00
Why not a Scottish East coast?:):)

I would be very surprised. ABZ has BA and BMI on it's business routes and GSM on the lesuire routes, I don't think the region is big enough! Sorry mate!

INV - now that would be silly!:ugh:

EI-BUD
22nd May 2007, 21:53
Charlie Roy,
I agree with you I would be very surprised if Ryanair will add a new UK base this year. To me it would seem more likely that they would look to more continental european markets. What about Treviso (Venice) I read in a recent Newspaper article where FR were asked about increasing capacity at Cork they compared the fees at the airport to a very low Treviso. I think the next bases will be in Spain ( MOL has indicated that southern Spain will see next Spanish base). My money is on Granada, due to low cost facilities, excellent location, and no competition at the airport. Apart from that I would bet on at least one of Ryanairs Germany destinations that does not already have a base. Any suggestions??

MOL has also indicated that he is especially interested in accelerating Spanish business if BA get involved in the Iberia take over! So that will be interesting to watch.

If there is a UK base it will be Bournemouth as this has been flagged way back and nothing has materialised.

Does anyone on here think that one of the very underutilised airports in the UK such as Manston, Lydd(gearing up for 737s???) or say Southend, or Cambrige will see Ryanair soon??? I have heard that FR is very interested in Cambridge at the moment.

Charlie Roy
22nd May 2007, 22:42
Indeed, I believe that the next base to be announced will be in Spain (Granada, Reus, Murcia or Valencia) or in Italy (Alghero or Treviso).

And then before the end of 2007 either Riga, Wroclaw or Bratislava will be announced as Ryanair's first Eastern European base.

All that said, FR said last week in the Netherlands that Weeze's latest 2 aircraft were earmarked for Eindhoven, who lost out because of the ongoing restrictions.

Other airports such as Beauvais, Porto, Warsaw, Torp, Malaga, Lübeck, Belgrade and Malta are also high on the potential base list.

glasgowpik
22nd May 2007, 23:18
@MUFC-fan:
Of course the two smilies at the end of my proposal for an East Scotland base marked an ironic tone for it.

I agree with Charlie Roi about the candidates for next bases,but I think Treviso has some problems in certification for landing under low visibility conditions.

Shauna
23rd May 2007, 12:45
In my opinion, Ryanair are not planning to announce a new UK base in 2007.

They r surely...only got my wings last week and the man presenting them was called Eddie (not sure of his 2nd name lol) said theres a new UK base being announced within the nxt few weeks.

Want a transfer to STN tho!

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th May 2007, 05:18
Two aircraft as of November to be based at Bristol. Press announcement later today.

The routes will be the usual suspects.

Charlie Roy
24th May 2007, 08:12
New Bristol base!

BRATISLAVA, BUDAPEST, DERRY, DINARD, KATOWICE, KNOCK, MILAN, PORTO, POZNAN, RIGA, RZESZOW, SALZBURG, WROCLAW

EI-BUD
24th May 2007, 08:30
I am delighted at the news , but surprised! Just been reading the info on their webseite.

devon_guy
24th May 2007, 08:54
Just had an email from Bristol airport today.....

New routes are.....

The new destinations include...
Poland - Katowice, Poznan, Rzeszow, Wroclaw
Latvia - Riga
Portugal - Porto
Italy - Milan
France - Dinard (Brittany)
Slovakia - Bratislava (Vienna)
Hungary - Budapest
Ireland - Derry, West Knock
Austria - Salzburg

WATABENCH
24th May 2007, 09:33
A very polish feel to the new base, also dont forget to add DUB,SNN,GRO already served from BRS

Expressflight
24th May 2007, 09:53
You certainly won't see Ryanair at SEN (other than for maintenance as is the case now anyway) as the runway is way too short for commercial operation of the 737-800.
There is an airline (other than Flybe) who have very tentative plans for a route network out of SEN, perhaps in 2008. Before you ask, I cannot say who it is as I received the information last month on a confidential basis. If I hear anything than I can mention it will appear on the Southend thread.

Voldermort
24th May 2007, 13:51
Interesting that FR chose to serve Katowice as that is their first ever service there.I assume Bristol asked/told them that they could not fly to Krakow because of Easy?

UPS@EMA
24th May 2007, 14:03
I have heard from a friend at EMA that Ryanair are finalising there routes for the 2 new based units. Word has it that Porto, Stockholm and Oslo are all on the cards. Also Hahn is high on the wanted list for the airport. Announcement due late June early July.

Anyone heard this. I think Ryanair is performing better than they expected from EMA and that they are really pleased with how its going

Regards

Stu

birdscarer
24th May 2007, 14:27
I won't be too smug! Bournemouth just doesn't have the catchment. :)

Blighty Pilot
24th May 2007, 15:15
If it's not already happened in Bristol brace yourselves for a polish invasion :oh:

cesare.caldi
24th May 2007, 17:55
Now on Milan-Bristol:

MXP-BRS daily Easyjet

BGY-BRS daily Ryanair

Who win?

Mike16
24th May 2007, 19:25
Hi Guys

Well just to let you know, my next door neighbour is aenior with FR and she has been with them a few years, and today she has informed me that there is indeed 2 more aircraft coming to EMA, and that FR are wanting EMA to be there largest base in the UK after STN, apparently management at FR and EMA are so impressed with FR they are going to make it big !!!!!!

Bring it on i say

Mike

mmeteesside
24th May 2007, 19:43
Hmm, Oslo and Stockholm, what a surprise considering Sterling's recent announcement :}

MUFC_fan
24th May 2007, 20:57
As said before - Ryanair fear NOBODY!

But I wouldn't like to see them take on BA a long haul route!;)

Charlie Roy
24th May 2007, 21:52
Katowice
Interesting that FR chose to serve Katowice as that is their first ever service there.I assume Bristol asked/told them that they could not fly to Krakow because of Easy?

Ryanair have been in negotiations with Katowice airport since last November. Expect more Katowice routes.

NEW(!) Bristol routes
What's great about the new Bristol routes is how they are nearly all new routes for the airport (with the exception of Milan).

Aer Lingus
I'm really surprised though as there have been no rumours about a Bristol base in the run up to this! Was this decision made in haste? Did FR learn that EI are planning a Bristol base (theory) and decide to beat them to it? (That said, I still expect EI are looking at an Eastern European airport for the first non-Irish base...)

Eastern European base
It would still seem that Riga, Bratislava and Wroclaw are FR's favourites to become their 1st Eastern European base. However Budapest seems to be Ryanair's new favourite child, so that could be another potential candidate... This despite the fact that FR seem to be actively avoiding competing with Wizz.

cesare.caldi
26th May 2007, 10:43
Probably next week MOL will be in Marseille to annunce several new routes from MRS base....

glasgowpik
26th May 2007, 19:42
Marseille?
Mr Caldi please tell us FR has not forgotten about Prestwick and has some plans at least for end 2007/start 2008.

cesare.caldi
26th May 2007, 22:45
At the moment i don't know any news for PIK... Sorry

Next Ryanair annunce probably will be for MRS, MAD and CRL. ;)

whitehorse
28th May 2007, 21:16
Looking back over the chat and the mention of Lydd and other airports, I have a question.
The proposed extention at Lydd is to 1799m, do the Ryanairs, Easyjet and Flybe have a policy on the minimum length of runway that they would consider operating from?

en2r
28th May 2007, 21:41
The shortest runway that I know of that Ryanair fly to is Aberdeen at 1,829m

MUFC_fan
28th May 2007, 22:55

Pretty much the same as BLK's.

I know that EZY looked at IOM for a possible connection to LTN/STN, but was about 200m too short to be able to use sustainable pax loads. Think that is why IOM are looking at extending runway out into the sea - could make runway very loooooooong!;)

janus627
29th May 2007, 05:48

no, shortest is Lubeck, 1802 m... (RWY 07, Landing Distance...)

Leofric
29th May 2007, 06:49
The landing distance on Rw08 at Derry is 1690metres I believe.

whitehorse
29th May 2007, 10:43
Thanks, The question was only submitted after I had heard a rumour that Ryanair only really considered runnways over 2200m, Easyjet 2000m and Flybee 1800m, that was obviously wrong.

cesare.caldi
29th May 2007, 21:59
Italian press report about a possible new Ryanair base at Turin (TRN).

Today Ryanair Top Managers Michael Cawley and Bernard Berger are in Turin to meet TRN managers and make a possible deal.

TRN after the Winter Olimpic Games of 2006 have a new airport terminal that is actually under utilized with a lot of free space, also the is a large catchment area: Turin city have almost 1 milion people and Piemont region about 4 milion...

TRN in winter is also a popular ski destination near Italian Alps resort like Aosta Valley...

So the next Ryanair Italian base will not be AHO or TSF as predicted but a big surprise like TRN?

In other news Ryanair have expressed interest to start flight into Crotone (CRV) a small airport in south of Italy (Calabria region)

andyafc
29th May 2007, 22:18
Any news on any possible new routes from Luton? Have being based here quite a while and was hoping for some more new destinations

iwhak
30th May 2007, 16:33
Anybody get any info on the big announcement inn SNN tomorrow. Allegedly MOL is travelling down. I suspect it is one of two things. I suspect he will try to squeeze GWY and RE even further by adding frequency on existing routes that compete and adding others that are operated out of GWY, with some more European and eastern european. Less likely is that he will announce a transatlantic loco venture.

en2r
30th May 2007, 16:54
Anybody get any info on the big announcement inn SNN tomorrow. Allegedly MOL is travelling down. I suspect it is one of two things. I suspect he will try to squeeze GWY and RE even further by adding frequency on existing routes that compete and adding others that are operated out of GWY, with some more European and eastern european. Less likely is that he will announce a transatlantic loco venture.
They will probably also be trying to hurt Aer Lingus and others at Cork, so they may add routes such as Berlin, Budapest, Tenerife or even Prague which operate from Cork but not Shannon to try to drive the Cork carriers off those routes

cesare.caldi
30th May 2007, 17:39
Update on Ryanair base at TRN:

Rumors report that Ryanair proposed to base at first one plane at TRN with 6 new routes and later a second one with others 6 new route: so 12 new routes from TRN.

If the deal will be signed Ryanair guarantees new 1,5 milion pax at TRN every year.

kingdee
30th May 2007, 18:05
about Ryanair announcing something tommorrow from LBA .Hope it is good news for LBA

Rallye EI-BFP
30th May 2007, 18:13
.............................could be something to do with the big Shannon announcement ;)

Charlie Roy
30th May 2007, 18:42
They will probably also be trying to hurt Aer Lingus and others at Cork, so they may add routes such as Berlin, Budapest, Tenerife or even Prague which operate from Cork but not Shannon to try to drive the Cork carriers off those routes

Totally agree. I think most new Ryanair routes announced tomorrow at Shannon will be aimed at hurting the other carriers in Cork, Galway and Shannon. But maybe they'll throw a few new and potentailly profitable routes in the mix too.

The following routes would not surprise me: Leeds Bradford, Newcastle, Riga, Kaunas, Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw, Katowice, Bratislava, Budapest, Pisa, Tenerife.

Charlie Roy
31st May 2007, 08:00
To be announced for the winter schedules:

Malta - Bari (3 x weekly)
Malta - Stockholm NYO (2 x weekly)

http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=51778

johnref
31st May 2007, 09:53
Think Dublin - Shannon is on the cards given this quote on their website

However if you wish to be rerouted using a Ryanair hub and then take another Ryanair flight to your final desination e.g. Seville to Dublin and then Dublin to Shannon you will need to go to the airport ticket desk or call the Ryanair Direct call centre were they will be able to add an additional flight at no charge.

VanBosh
31st May 2007, 10:15
Nah thats a mistake, sure the strike was yesterday.

But I still think DUB - SNN might be possible.

Re Malta - Bari. Where will the aircraft W from?

thepeacock
31st May 2007, 11:33
Ryanair today (31st May) announced the purchase of 27 more Boeing 737-800s valued at $1.9bn. This brings Ryanair’s total firm orders for B737-800s to 308 and total fleet size (including planned disposals) to 262 by 2012.
Ryanair operates one of the youngest and most fuel efficient fleets of any major airline (137 Boeing 737-800s) with an average aircraft age of just 2.5 years. All of these new aircraft will be fitted with Boeing blended winglets which will further reduce fuel burn and CO2 emissions.

Delivery Schedule:
Sep 20094Oct 20093Nov 20097Jan 20105Feb 20104Mar 20104

Daza
31st May 2007, 11:41
Taken from Birmingham Post Website today; icbirmingham.co.uk
EU to clip Ryanair's wingsMay 31 2007
The European Commission, in a highly unusual move, is expected to reject Ryanair's proposed purchase of rival Irish airline Aer Lingus, sources familiar with the situation said yesterday.
The prohibition of Ryanair's unsolicited offer, originally valued at 1.48 billion euros (£1 billion), will be only the 20th in more than 3,000 cases reviewed by the European Union's executive arm since 1990, and the first since 2004.
The move comes as today Ryanair is expected to announce the start of a new domestic route from Birmingham International Airport - where it virtually abandoned services in favour of East Midlands Airport some years ago in a row over charges.
Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary has said he would challenge the Commission in court if the deal was turned down. The decision runs to more than 300 pages in an effort to deal with issues that may end up in legal wrangling.
Commission competition spokesman Jonathan Todd declined to comment on the investigation until a final decision is taken.
Any ideas of which route and why BHX now after uping sticks to EMA? My bets on PIK. Could it be that EI are considering BHX as their UK base hence this move by FR????
Daza

UPS@EMA
31st May 2007, 12:02
Big expansion at Shannon.
8 new routes: TFN, FUE, DUB, LBA, BHX, RIX, LTN, KAU

Shanwickman
31st May 2007, 12:05
FR route map now shows FUE and TFS from SNN

Rallye EI-BFP
31st May 2007, 12:08
RYANAIR LAUNCHES 8 NEW ROUTES FROM SHANNON
BIRMINGHAM, DUBLIN, FUERTEVENTURA, KAUNAS, LEEDS, LUTON, RIGA & TENERIFE

Ryanair today (Thursday, 31st May 2007) announced eight new routes from its Shannon base to Birmingham, Dublin, Fuerteventura (Canaries), Kaunas, Luton, Leeds, Riga and Tenerife, which will start in November. From November, Ryanair will also increase the frequency of its Edinburgh (to daily) and Manchester (to 6 weekly) services. This expansion includes Ryanair’s first domestic route from Shannon to Dublin and brings the number of destinations offered from the airport to 31.

Announcing these new routes, Ryanair’s CEO, Michael O’Leary, said:

“With Ryanair’s latest expansion at Shannon, 1.7m passengers annually will enjoy Ireland’s lowest fares guaranteed. This will deliver a visitor spend of €250m and support 1,700 jobs in the West. In the space of just 2 years, Ryanair has delivered dramatic tourism and economic growth for Shannon and the West as promised.

“Shannon is now accessible from Galway in just over 1 hour thanks to the new Ennis by-pass, making Ryanair’s 31 low fare routes at Shannon the low fare reference point for the whole of the West of Ireland. We look forward to delivering significant economic benefits for Galway and Connemara with these additional passenger numbers.

“Our new, twice daily commuter route to Dublin will allow people from the West to fly day returns from Shannon and avoid the M50 traffic chaos for less than the price of half a tank of petrol.

“To celebrate these 8 new routes, we have slashed €20 off all return flights and we urge passengers to book these lowest fares today, as these bargains will sell out quickly”.

In welcoming these new routes, Martin Moroney, Director, Shannon Airport, said:

“We are delighted to see further expansion of Ryanair’s operations, particularly the inclusion of Dublin in its route network, offering a daily return service. Galway is an important part of our catchment area for both inbound and outbound traffic, and we look forward to working with the tourism and business sector in harnessing support for these new services. Ryanair now carries over 50% of the terminal passenger traffic at Shannon airport and we look forward to working with them in the future as we expand our business”.

Niall Gibbons, Director, Corporate Services, Tourism Ireland added:

“Tourism Ireland, the organisation responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overseas, has warmly welcomed the announcement of the expansion of Ryanair services from Britain and Mainland Europe into Shannon Airport. Both markets were key drivers behind the record visitor numbers to Ireland last year so it augurs well for the season ahead. This expansion of services will make it even easier for visitors from these important markets to explore the many attractions on offer in the Shannon region”.
Route Starts Frequency
Birmingham Nov 1 x Daily
Dublin Nov 2 x Daily
F’ventura Nov 1 x Weekly
Kaunas Nov 2 x Weekly
Leeds Nov 3 x Weekly
Luton Nov 1 x Daily
Riga Nov 2 x Weekly
Tenerife Nov 1 x Weekly

From November Ryanair will close 3 routes from Shannon to Bournemouth, Lodz and Rome while Biarritz, Carcassonne, Milan, Murcia, Nantes and Venice will operate on a summer only basis (Apr – Oct) to accommodate these 8 new routes.

befree
31st May 2007, 13:03
If you take the 308 planes they have on order from the 262 they will operate you get 46 that have sold or will be sold. Does anyone know who is buying them and if they are worth much after 6 years at Ryanair? It is hard to see where they could park all the 262 planes with many of the big bases being so full.

it would also be intersting to know the real price they are paying for each 737 as they are listed at $70m each.

airhumberside
31st May 2007, 13:40
Re Malta - Bari. Where will the aircraft W from?
Just a guess, but FR announced Bergamo-Bari 3 times a week a couple of weeks ago. Would fit in with a 3xWeek Malta-Bari service

Looks like FR are after Aer Arann at Galway with all the mention of the improved links to Galway in the press release, and the new routes to LBA, LTN and BHX, plus extra frequencies to EDI and MAN - all RE destinations out of Galway

MUFC_fan
31st May 2007, 13:45
Would be surprised if they were paying 1/2 of that.

EZY got a similar deal, come as cheap as chips when you order 200+.

Cyrano
31st May 2007, 14:08
it would also be intersting to know the real price they are paying for each 737 as they are listed at $70m each.
Divide that list price by just over 2 and you'll get an idea... :oh:

(oh, and I would add: the up-to-6-year-old models they're selling will fetch a price not far short of what FR paid for them in the first place. It's certainly easier to make money when your aircraft capital costs are getting near zero...:rolleyes: )

ryan2000
31st May 2007, 17:39
In Galway today MOL announced 8 new routes for SNN and spoke of the huge spin off for tourism in the West.

Many existing routes are being dropped or suspended including SNN-East Midlands which was omitted from the press release.

Hard to see any net benefit for SNN or the west in all of this despite the spindoctoring in the media by Ryanair and Shannon Marketing.

Since launching the base in SNN in 2004 Ryanair has gradually switched from inbound tourist routes to outbound sunroutes and routes catering for Polish and other East European workers.

All this will do is undermine many of the routes out of Galway although Aer Arann is far from the expected pushover on Cork Dublin.

cesare.caldi
31st May 2007, 22:25
Update on Ryanair base at TRN:

If the deal will be signed rumors report Ryanair first new routes from TRN are probably DUB, CRL, SXF and MAD with start from winter timetable.

cesare.caldi
31st May 2007, 22:33
SNN - CIA was operated by a Rome based aircraft

So probably will be annunced soon a new route from CIA.

For now every new route from CIA is not possible due to slot restrictions, the only way is to axe or reduce any existing route.

Charlie Roy
31st May 2007, 22:38
So probably will be annunced soon a new route from CIA.

Rumours in Bournemouth thread about a new CIA - BOH route with FR...

Charlie Roy
1st Jun 2007, 19:13

Not forgetting that the weak Dollar / strong Euro is saving the likes of Ryanair millions upon millions :E

Rallye EI-BFP
1st Jun 2007, 21:00
With regards SNN-EMA- It is unlikely that it has been dropped. It, and approx 15 other routes are not available for booking from Shannon at the moment. More than likely, the entire schedule needs re alignment.

owenkirk2005
1st Jun 2007, 22:25
i think ryanair would be mad to drop shannon to EMA the average numbers per flight has been between 135 to 160 in the last few months which is very good, flight times are good, im not too sure about how the birmingham flight will do, its a late one.

Charlie Roy
1st Jun 2007, 23:45
im not too sure about how the birmingham flight will do, its a late one

The late flight will do very well I think. Leisure passengers can have a weekend (for example) in Birmingham without needing to take the Friday off work.

Business passengers can also fly to Birmingham the night before their meeting and then fly back after their day of business.

chrism20
2nd Jun 2007, 00:14
I was on the late SNN/EDI rotation a few weeks ago and was astonished at how busy it was. Don't think that they will have major probs filling it to be honest

NickBarnes
3rd Jun 2007, 18:23
Could anybody tell me, what time ryanair's winter schedule comes out usually, as i need to book Stansted - Tampere for Chirstmas. Also can anybody tell me if they know if Stansted - Tampere will continue for the winter?

Thankyou

MarsBar747
3rd Jun 2007, 20:11
Hello all

Does anyone know how many pilots and aircrafts are currently in Ryanair? (where did you get this information from?)

Thanks

LEEDS APPROACH
3rd Jun 2007, 20:20
If LBIA was to become a Ryanair base could the LBA / LPL combination really hurt machestr?

MarkD
4th Jun 2007, 03:04
with the finally announced interline deal between EI/RE, Arann should have been ready to roll to go back into Shannon-Dublin (again) but here's MOL queering the pitch.

pwalhx
5th Jun 2007, 01:41
Not wishing to burst anyones bubble, but the announcement of 3 times a week to SNN is hardly the precursor to a base in LBA. On the same principle a similar launch from MAN last year would have indicated they could expect more!

As for would a base in LBA hurt MAN, probably not so much now there are already options available from other airports anyway, MAN focus has to be more on the longhaul than shorthaul anyway.

future captain
5th Jun 2007, 08:12
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6721409.stm

Read it and sweep :{

bnt
5th Jun 2007, 08:21
Read it and Bleep, more like... :mad:

Shytehawk
5th Jun 2007, 08:23
Does anybody know if Ryanair's website is down?

touch&go
5th Jun 2007, 09:02
Quite profitable this buy and lease back business.

Lucky Strike
5th Jun 2007, 09:40
Thats what Harry Goodman thought

Jinkster
5th Jun 2007, 10:52
As im based away from home with no transport and the airport food outlets closed at 4am last Monday I am not suprised as I had to pay 5.50euros for a cheese and ham sandwich!!!!!!!!:{

take-off
5th Jun 2007, 11:09
anyone notice how ryanair are using the northern airport on this island, wonder if they'l start calling it 'canaries central'?:}

On a more serious note , would a 4 hour flight be at all pleasent on one of their planes, with the lack of any kind of IFE, was contemplating it, can just bout manage 2 1/2 to spain with bmi baby/jet2 .

the former gk
5th Jun 2007, 11:33
Well they will make a profit when they charge all their eastern european cabin crews to train with them and then pay them jack s**t for the privilage.Heard that Bishop Stortford is full of escorts in blue uniforms however Im not one to talk as you very well know.

bobleeds
5th Jun 2007, 12:29
"On a more serious note , would a 4 hour flight be at all pleasent on one of their planes, with the lack of any kind of IFE, was contemplating it, can just bout manage 2 1/2 to spain with bmi baby/jet2 ."

Take a book or an MP3 for goodness sake!!

GEAR_DOWN
5th Jun 2007, 15:24
why does life revolve around the TV????? You don't need inflight entertainment on a flight. we take the train on long journeys - no entertainment of any sort . the car - no entertainment, so why a plane??

What are FR doing about the liquids problem for crew??? They have to supply their own water on board. so what is being done for them as they can not take anymore than 100ml????

cesare.caldi
5th Jun 2007, 21:47
Ryanair have indicate that until march of 2008 will open 3 new bases; of these 3, two are BRS and NRN.

Rumors reports that next Ryanair base will be probably in Spain or Italy.

Here are the probably candidate city, please vote it!

Italy
1) Alghero (AHO)
2) Venice Treviso (TSF)
3) Turin (TRN)

Spain
4) Valencia (VLC)
5) Barcelona Reus (REU)
6) Malaga (AGP)
7) Seville (SVQ)

8) Others city (indicate in your reply)

cesare.caldi
5th Jun 2007, 21:50
I vote for Turin! I hope have a big chance...

take-off
6th Jun 2007, 08:16
I do take a book thanks bob! Was just asking a simple question , due to the amount of backlash and complaints that Ryanair rightly or wrongly gets, through not only these pages. Sorry i should have made the question simpler..

will it be more unpleasent flying 4 hours with ryanair than say monarch or ba/First choice etc...(obviously ik know that you'll pay more with the others)

Not having flown Ryanair for longer than an hour(blk-stn although no more!! :{) i cant comment, but having flown with several different airlines some seem to be certainly better than others at customer care in the air, book or no book 4 hours couped in in a tube is a long time, so b4 anyone sayim not a ryanair basher, on say that i would never fly Thomson long haul for a holiday...service was cr:mad:, on other hand the short haul service last month to agp was excellent.....

top jock
6th Jun 2007, 10:47
When flying from Dub down there most airlines like EI and Futura dont have anything to watch on board and they have been doing it for years.

pee
6th Jun 2007, 11:39
Can anybody tell me if they know if Stansted - Tampere will continue for the winter?
Dear NB, there is no reason for FR to discontinue this route. There were some drops in LF's in between, but now the situation is back on track and the route has been profitable.
Nevertheless, it's justified to admit that FR has made some miscalculations concerning Finland. Firstly, Finland is "pathologically" democratic country. One cannot count on any official preferencies at the airports, so certainly FR hasn't been able to get any discounts and alike. If MOL wants to wait for a special treatment, he'll disappoint. But at the same time, from the point of view of low-cost carriers Finland is still very low-penetrated country and certainly the not-yet-developed market exists here. Ryanair just should have concentrated on the North-to-South routes, as these are extremely attractive for sunshine-starving private clients, not on the connections like LPL-TMP, as the corporate customers will always prefer their domestic AY. Spain, Italy, Berlin, Paris or Marseille would enjoy much more esteem. Likewise, I can envisage the remarkable popularity of a newly announced TMP-BGY route, a step in the right direction (in spite of the unfortunate flight hours).

glasgowpik
6th Jun 2007, 14:14
I vote for Barcelona Reus!

Speaking about NRN,Mr Caldi,have you noticed new routes from October leave many spaces left for two aircraft operations?

MarkD
6th Jun 2007, 14:51
maybe MOL will bring those pay TVs back on the 4 hour routes?

NickBarnes
7th Jun 2007, 08:28
thanks for your reply pee, yes i heard that The load factor was down at one time so i was just a bit concerned.

I have to say i am glad ryanair do that route from STN-TMP because you have to pay alot of money to go with blue1 and Finnair, or you have to use Air berlin and have to connect at dusseldorf or berlin:uhoh:

cesare.caldi
7th Jun 2007, 18:43
No annunce of new routes this week?

The annunce of expansion of MAD, CRL and MRS bases are postponed?

eu01
8th Jun 2007, 07:21
Polish press gives us some hints about the future FR's plans in Poland:Ryanair, the Irish low-cost carrier, wants to build three bases and not one, as originally planned, for its aircraft in Poland.

Well-placed sources say the company is currently in talks with all airports to select the most suitable ones. Modlin, Kraków and Wrocław are reportedly the favorites to host the bases. Ryanair is already the biggest carrier at Kraków airport, and unlike Modlin or Wrocław, opening a base there would not require a greenfield investment, as the airport recently completed building a brand new terminal and depots. Kamil Kamiński, the CEO of Kraków airport, admits he is in intensive talks with Ryanair, but declined to reveal any details. The airport is also negotiating with other carriers, and any final decision is still many months away. WizzAir, one of Ryanair's main competitors, has also decided to locate [next] base in Poland. (Warsaw Business Journal/Puls Biznesu)

pee
9th Jun 2007, 09:29
No announcements of new routes this week?
Two or three announcements are certainly pending. Some of the possible places are Madrid, Brussels Charleroi and Stockholm Skavsta. Concerning NYO, the Maltese press has been trumpeting for half a month now about a new FR connection twice a week to Stockholm (NYO-MLA-NYO) that will commence end October, just an official announcement is missing.

MUFC_fan
9th Jun 2007, 18:32
I was just wondering why there are no flights to the South East of Germany and most of Eastern France?

Is there no market in these regions? There is definately Munich, don't know of anywhere in France though.

eu01
9th Jun 2007, 21:15
I was just wondering why there are no flights to the South East of Germany and most of Eastern France?
South East? They fly to Leipzig, but if you mean Bavaria... well, they'd love to, but MUC is just too expensive for them. There are some other potential destinations in the region they have been negotiating, not yet agreed. Try flying to Salzburg instead (good rail connection to Munich) or take easyJet.
FR used to fly to Strasbourg in Eastern France until 2003, but Air France protested claiming that Ryanair's aid had given it an unfair advantage and won the administrative court ruling that the aid it received was illegal. After that Ryanair had to halt its service to Strasbourg with four weeks' notice.

Charlie Roy
11th Jun 2007, 22:36
Another one for the potential base basket: Bologna Forli

http://www.md80.it/2007/06/10/forli-accordi-con-windjet-e-ryanair/

Anche Ryanair vuole fare del Ridolfi una sua base stabile, con manutenzione e nuovi collegamenti

cesare.caldi
12th Jun 2007, 18:49
Now we have 4 italian airport candidate to Ryanair base: TRN, AHO, TSF e FRL.

Who will win?

glasgowpik
12th Jun 2007, 19:34
TSF has troubles under fog conditions.
Can't see FR base aircrafts there until it's sorted.

I'm surprised for the delay of CRL and MAD announcements.
Usually FR relies on advance bookings..

airhumberside
13th Jun 2007, 14:58
The MAD base was launched at very short notice last year

glasgowpik
13th Jun 2007, 16:15
OK,but what are they waiting for in CRL?

larshakan
13th Jun 2007, 16:23
Knowing the exact date when the new terminal will be finished?!?

eu01
13th Jun 2007, 17:09
The MAD base was launched at very short notice last year
Right. Very abruptly. And (to somewhat less extent) MRS alike. Furthermore, there were some "last minute" routes' introductions and route cancellations everywhere as well. A bit too messy, in my opinion. True, every carrier has to keep an eye on the rote development, LF's and yields. Has to be very active in assessing the situation and in reacting to it. But what load factors and yields can you expect if announcing new bases and releasing new routes in the middle of autumn just a month or so before the flights begin? Indeed, you cannot just sit and endulge in self-satisfaction, but while the "active" attitude is usually OK, you must give your customers some time to react, unless you are able to launch an advertising campaign on a great scale. And then, are your potential passengers happy with their flights cancelled and entire routes kissed off just a month or two before the departure?
So, it's good to be positively surprised from time to time, to see the constant development and interesting new announcements, but recently we could observe too many hasty and mismatching moves in this field (where obviously some money were drown as well).

glasgowpik
13th Jun 2007, 17:39
I agree.
The fact is Ryanair themselves announced the CRL expansion with press releases months ago,so technically it isn't even a rumour.
It's strange airport managers haven't told Ryanair yet when the terminal will be opened,if this is the reason for the delay.

Hollymead
14th Jun 2007, 07:49
13 New routes from NYO :ALICANTE, BASEL, BERLIN, BRATISLAVA, EINDHOVEN, KARLSRUHE BADEN, LIVERPOOL, MALTA, PISA, PORTO, SALZBURG, TRAPANI & VALENCIA

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 08:06
Saw on other forum about NYO-LPL flight. Do you have the source please.

Cheers.

Interesting new airport for FR, the EZY base of Basel.

lplsprog
14th Jun 2007, 08:07
Try Ryanair website "News"

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 08:12
Hasn't been loaded yet, if you look.

lplsprog
14th Jun 2007, 08:17
I've looked and it is there!

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 08:20
Sorry, just seen it!:O

Alicante Oct 3 x week
Basel Oct 3 x week
Berlin Oct 7 x week
Bratislava Oct 7 x week
Eindhoven Oct 4 x week
Baden Oct 4 x week
Liverpool Oct 4 x week
Malta Oct 2 x week
Pisa Oct 3 x week
Porto Oct 3 x week
Salzburg Dec 2 x week
Trapani Oct 2 x week
Valencia Oct 4 x week

2 more 738s added to the airport, which suggests the UK route will be NYO based.

befree
14th Jun 2007, 10:20
It looks like about 47 extra departures per week. The two extra 737s could bo about 3/5th of that so it must mean frequency cuts on other routes or even a few drop on the quite.

AMS flyer
14th Jun 2007, 10:56
Ryanair have indicate that until march of 2008 will open 3 new bases; of these 3, two are BRS and NRN.

Rumors reports that next Ryanair base will be probably in Spain or Italy.

Here are the probably candidate city, please vote it!

Italy
1) Alghero (AHO)
2) Venice Treviso (TSF)
3) Turin (TRN)

Spain
4) Valencia (VLC)
5) Barcelona Reus (REU)
6) Malaga (AGP)
7) Seville (SVQ)

8) Others city (indicate in your reply)

My voting list:

SPAIN
1) Valencia (VLC)
2) Alicante (ALC)

PORTUGAL
3) Oporto (OPO)

NETHERLANDS
4) Eindhoven (EIN)

LATVIA
5) Riga (RIX)

:ok:

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 11:30
Spain:
Palma De Majorca
Murcia
Valencia

Italy:
Alghero

Portugal:
Faro
Oporto

Poland:
Krakow

Slovakia:
Bratislava

Just my 2 cent!

Also, does anybody know why EZY gets more visitors on it's website than FR when FR carries millions more passengers?

Cheers.

VanBosh
14th Jun 2007, 11:40
prob because more people visit the ezj site and dont book cause of the higher fare's. a higher proportion of FR hits book a flight.

just a theory

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 11:43
True, can book EZY for similar price as BA from LGW and on BA you get free beverages and great connections.

FR obviously have a higher booking rate. How can they not if more people visit the EZY site but nearly 10,000,000 less fly with the airline.

glasgowpik
14th Jun 2007, 13:48
Ok that's Stockholm now beating Prestwick..:)

Jokes apart,it seems to me that winter A/C deliveries are nearly full now.
Not so sure that there are aircrafts left for both CRL and MAD now for the winter schedule.

Skipness One Echo
14th Jun 2007, 13:51
How about PIK-NQY? That's a Hell of a way without flying......and both already have a Ryanair presence.

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 14:15
I think that ASW would launch a route to GLA before FR looked at connecting these two points.

cesare.caldi
14th Jun 2007, 22:55
[quote]
okes apart,it seems to me that winter A/C deliveries are nearly full now.
Not so sure that there are aircrafts left for both CRL and MAD now for the winter schedule.
[quote]

Interesting, so MAD and CRL expansion will be delayed to spring of 2008?

glasgowpik
15th Jun 2007, 12:39
Maybe not both,but at least one of them is likely at this point.

eu01
15th Jun 2007, 12:42
What does it mean Майкл О'Лири? Well, I know that :p , many years ago I've learned some Russian. It's just how Russians write the name of Michael O'Leary. But why do the Russians discuss about him? It's quite interesting. MOL is just getting a new job (according to this article (http://top.rbc.ru/retail/14/06/2007/106410.shtml)). He'll become a business consultant for an emerging Russian low-cost carrier, A1. It doesn't necessarily mean any new low cost connections from Russia to the EU, as the airline wants to fly mainly from Moscow to some domestic destinations, but it's an intriguing news anyway. One of the investors in the new LCC will be David Bonderman from Texas Pacific Group. :hmm: - to mention just that.

EI-BUD
15th Jun 2007, 18:43
MOL has requested a feasibility study to be done to assess if there is enough business for the route between Shannon & Belfast. See uk airports news for the info.

Watch this space!

Euroboy39
15th Jun 2007, 22:55
Ryanair have announced new routes from Madrid to Baden Baden, Sicily, Liverpool, Venice, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Sardinia. It is on the Ryanair website, but only as a Spanish press release- it's quite easy to understand, however. Wonder why it is not bookable or showing anywhere else?

Charlie Roy
16th Jun 2007, 14:45
It's similarly bizarre that Girona to Granada was announced but will only be bookable from the 1st of July.

Hollymead
18th Jun 2007, 09:07
Pilot reverses plane !! Forgot to use his mirrors i suppose . http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/your_say/article1931806.ece

MUFC_fan
19th Jun 2007, 19:37
If this was to happen, where would they move the aircraft to and which routes would be moved?

My guess would be LTN, but that is the home of EZY, and it wouldn't go down very well, even for the all powerful FR!

SEN could be an option but it would certainly be long shot as the airport can currently only hold 500,000 passengers per annum. I suppose 4 planes is too much for the airport to handle, especially on the busier days.

Cambridge which has been discussed before could be an option. The airport has a very long runway and good connections to the capital. It would, however have to build a new terminal.

This is probably ideal threats from MOL who will see a drop in prices as a bonus and will not be fully expecting BAA to commit to it's demands. Would be very surprised if the company did give in to FR, even if the airline is the company's second largest customer after BA.

If this was to happen, it would be very interesting! STN could lose it's place at number 3 in the UK airports list and there could be more red and orange tails around STN by next summer!:}

I think this shouyld just be taken with a pinch of salt for now. Lets look more surprised in mid October if they announce the removal!;)

stansdead
19th Jun 2007, 19:53
MUFC FAN

You talk nonsense. Cambridge only has a 6000 foot runway length. It is SHORT SHORT SHORT and FR would probably struggle to get off it fully loaded with 189 pax and bags.

glasgowpik
19th Jun 2007, 19:57
For now the only reduction I've seen is Prestwick-Pisa route from 5 weekly to 3 weekly in the winter schedule...:)

Wonder if that means a new route from PIK...

qwertyuiop
19th Jun 2007, 21:13
Stansdead.
Since when has 6000' been SHORT SHORT SHORT? Its about Luton's length and that doesnt cause too many problems!

MUFC_fan
19th Jun 2007, 21:21
LTNs is longer than that at 7086ft, but still 6000ft is not short. It can take a full load within 1000 miles with ease. They do at BLK to GRO and I am sure they do at many other airports across Europe and North Africa.

P.S. Very appropriate name for this conversation!;)

dwlpl
19th Jun 2007, 23:03
Liverpool will take the four aircraft.

Runway 31
20th Jun 2007, 07:17
GlasgowPik,

I would not think so as the Pisa flight is not carried out by a Prestwick based aircraft.

Voldermort
20th Jun 2007, 09:36
Runway31
The PIK-Pisa flight is always operated by a PIK based a/c except for a Wednesday:ok:
Anyway I suspect Ryanair and Infratil are still in the huff with each other so dont expect any FR growth at PIK(although I would love to be proved wrong!!):E

glasgowpik
20th Jun 2007, 14:54
I know extra aircraft based is unlikely at the moment,that's why a reduction of frequency on current routes is the only way to open new routes,hence the PIK-Pisa example.
Anyway FR seems to be fighting with many of its bases airports,such as STN and MAD :):)
So a future expansion might still be possible..

MUFC_fan
20th Jun 2007, 16:15
I personally think that LPL would get one of the aircraft, as MOL pledged to grow the with the airport over the next couple of years, but I don't think that there is enough room at the airport for more a/c!

My guess is that Derry would become a base and they would base two a/c there. Then base the extra a/c at MAD, if EZY don't get there first!:E

20th Jun 2007, 16:30
How range restricted would a 737-800 be at Derry? Would it only be practical to serve UK destinations from there?

MUFC_fan
20th Jun 2007, 16:38
Like EZY and BE with BFS and BHD?

I know that EZY use the airport for longer range flights aswell, but if FR were to name the airport Belfast-Derry;), which they probably would, then two a/c and flights to LGW, STN, LTN, LPL, PIK, EMA, BRS, NCL etc would be all viable and also would free a/c up at STN, EMA and LPL for other services, alot like the airline do at Cork.

cesare.caldi
20th Jun 2007, 17:04

LGS6753
20th Jun 2007, 18:16
The sensible thing to do would be to retain the STN base for 40-odd aircraft, then fly W patterns into LTN during the day. That would retain the early morning/late evening slots at STN, hit BAA, and utilise the only sensible alternative airport at times when it has capacity. (Luton's problem is parking overnight).

It would have best effect on the services with several rotations from STN during the day, like HHN, CIA, PIK, DUB, etc

It would offer London-bound pax a choice of airports and save FR a shed-load of cash. It also keeps FR tapped-in to the all-important and lucrative London market.

bia botal
21st Jun 2007, 10:54
How range restricted would a 737-800 be at Derry? Would it only be practical to serve UK destinations from there?

There going to the Canaries from dublin so the rest of europe from derry would be no problem, may just cost more due to higher take-off weights required.

21st Jun 2007, 11:03
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I understood that because of the short runway in Derry, they couldn't even fill the aircraft on flights to London. Would they not have to shed more and more passengers the further they want to go?

eu01
21st Jun 2007, 11:07
Recently I wrote you that Ryanair were considering the creation of as much as three bases in Poland, not one. This unexpected move has been given an explanation today. According to Polish and Austrian press, an other major player in Central-Eastern Europe, SkyEurope, has decided to change its strategy very dramatically. New SkyEurope's CEO Jason Bitter wants to move most of the bases from CE to Western Europe in the search for more profitable markets. Currently at least Budapest and Krakow bases are under scrutiny, with Krakow to lose its status before winter this year, leaving around 100 employees and freeing some capacity at Balice Airport. It has obviously revived the negotiations with FR there, the carrier could be given an own terminal and some preferencies.
Zentraleuropas größter europäischer Low-Cost-Carrier, baut seine Flugbasis in Wien-Schwechat massiv aus und nimmt mit Beginn des kommenden Winterflugplans (28.Oktober 2007 bis 29.März 2008) 12 neue — für Business- und Tourismus-Reisende besonders interessante Destinationen auf. Insgesamt werden ab 28. Oktober 24 Destinationen ab/an Wien angeboten. Stark frequentierte Strecken (wie etwa die bereits stark gebuchten Strecken nach Paris, Amsterdam) werden ausgebaut, neue Destinationen nach Osteuropa erschlossen. Mit der Destination Innsbruck wird erstmals ein Low-Cost-Anbieter in den innerösterreichi-schen Luftverkehrsmarkt eintreten.
SkyEurope wird mit der Stationierung von bis zu vier weiteren neuen Maschinen des Typs Boeing 737 700 NG zur zweitgrößten Fluglinie in Wien. Rund 2,1 Mio. Passagiere werden nach Planung des Managements pro Jahr transportiert werden.
"Die Erfahrungen der vergangenen Monate haben gezeigt, dass die Entscheidung, Wien zu einer unseren zentralen Hauptbasen zu machen, richtig war.
Der neue Winterflugplan berücksichtigt die grundlegenden geschäftsstrategischen Planungen des Unternehmens in Richtung Konsolidierung und Profitabilität und die verstärkte Fokussierung auf das Geschäftsreisesegment. So wurden die besonders wichtigen Destinationen wie Amsterdam, Paris, Sofia und Bukarest ausgebaut, diese Strecken werden zu attraktiven Zeiten zwei mal täglich im Tagesrandangeboten. Von hoher Relevanz ist die Tatsache, dass die neuen im Streckennetz von SkyEurope enthaltenen Destinationen alle bis dato nicht von Low-Cost-Anbietern angeflogen wurden.
Die im Frühjahr erfolgte Eröffnung der Basis in Wien ist wesentlicher Bestandteil der Umsetzung der Strategie des Unternehmens, sich auf seine Kernmärkte mit großem wirtschaftlichem Potenzial zu konzentrieren und gleichzeitig Einsparungsmöglichkeiten zu realisieren. Dazu gehört auch die sukzessive Erneuerung der SkyEurope-Flotte, die bis zum Ende des laufenden Geschäftsjahres zur Gänze abgeschlossen sein wird. "Eine Maßnahme, die dazu führen wird, dass Instandhaltungs- sowie Treibstoff-Kosten gesenkt werden und damit die Effizienz weiter steigen wird", so der SkyEurope-Vorstand.
Der Ausbau der Basis in Wien, die laut Makhlouf auch in den kommenden Monaten weiter vorangetrieben werde, hat darüber hinaus eine positive Wirkung auf die Entwicklung der heimischen Wirtschaft und hier insbesondere auch auf den Tourismus.
"Dies zeigt eindrucksvoll, dass wird die Etappenziele , die wir uns im vergangenen Oktober gesetzt haben, erreicht haben und wir uns auf konsequentem Kurs in Richtung Profitabilität befinden. So haben die Aktienexperten der UniCredit (CA IB) die SkyEurope Aktie in der vergangenen Woche bereits von Hold auf Buy hochgestuft", so Makhlouf.

BALLSOUT
21st Jun 2007, 16:09
Yes 840,

That is pretty much how it works.

BALLSOUT.

MUFC_fan
21st Jun 2007, 20:54
Lets hope MAN is the new base!:}

SkyEurope and Aer Lingus - sweeeeet!;)

VanBosh
22nd Jun 2007, 11:28
Continuing on from its recect foray into main airports (MRS,MAD,BUD) Ryanair are about to announce services to Athens.

Not sure yet if as a base but prob will be in a year or so

cesare.caldi
22nd Jun 2007, 21:44
There is a rumors about Valencia will be the next Ryanair base, probably will be annunced in July.

cesare.caldi
22nd Jun 2007, 21:54
Ryanair winter timetable news from BGY:

BGY-BRE from 4x week to daily (all flights operated by BRE based plane)
BGY-GRO from 18x week to 21x week (3x daily) (new flights operated by GRO based plane)
BGY-BVA from 17x week to 14x week (2x daily)

Take up the Hold
25th Jun 2007, 07:27
It may be an attempt to stop Aer Lingus setting up a base at Aldergrove.

TUTH

JoaoGuimaraes
25th Jun 2007, 13:46
Hi!
New here, I'm from Braga, near Oporto in Portugal :ok:

New slots for Winter 07 for Ryanair are very good:
Ryanair increased from 1.882 to 3.030 slots. :D Is this a signal for new base here? ;)
What do you all think?

Best regards!
João Guimarães

janus627
28th Jun 2007, 17:57
Does anyone know anything about RYR´s plans for Marseille this winter? I saw that most of the destinations have been set online for the winter schedule last week and today there are only half of them left - only enough for half of the planes...
Re-Adjusting of time-tables? Or complete Restructuring of destinations?

NickBarnes
28th Jun 2007, 18:14
JoaoGuimaraes

I know that it is a popular destination, so definatly more routes, Think it would do well as base, so hopefully they will, especially as it would be there first base in portugal:)

EBU42
29th Jun 2007, 09:30
Looking at our local paper (French) it is announcing that Ryanair could be returning to Clermont Ferrond and/or St Etienne airport on a 3 flights a week or so basis. Discussions are apparently ongoing for routes from London, and potentially other destinations. As the airports are around 1h20mins apart, I can see Ryanair playing them off against each other for the best deal, as they did with St Etienne and Grenoble last spring. Can anyone shed any light? Living in by the final approach of St E, it'd be good to see some real planes back, and make UK visits easier.

foxile
29th Jun 2007, 12:30
JoaoGuimaraes
Bem vindo, welcome aboard. Good news for OPO it certainly is growing with the help of its beautiful new terminal. It's one of my favourite airports.
Perhaps you should start a OPO thread to keep us to date with any gossip or fact? I am a regular user of OPO (RYR and TAP) as I split my time between Paços de Ferreira and Leicester.
As some here know, I would be delighted if my local (EMA) got a direct flight either with Ryanair or maybe an orange competitor but that seems a distant hope at the moment. Save me a lot on petrol and car parking as the Mrs. would be happy to drop/collect me from there, not to mention the time element.
Anybody with further thoughts on a potential Ryanair EMA-OPO? I know I keep asking but... :\
Cheers
Foxile

dumdumbrain
30th Jun 2007, 11:47
Anyone know anymore about the 24hrs at STN, my friend who is crew at STN was told that it may start doing 24hrs flights a day at STN, with 3 shifts.

dumdumbrain
30th Jun 2007, 22:40
Ryanair operates a zero tolerance policy towards passengers whose behaviour may
endanger the safety of our passengers and crew. We require that crews report any
incidents of disruptive behaviour so that follow up action may be taken with the
individuals concerned.
In the past year, we have taken the following action based on crew reports of
disruptive behaviour onboard:
72 passengers have received a 1-year ban from Ryanair flights
18 passengers have received a 5-year ban from Ryanair flights
73 passengers have received a life ban from Ryanair flights

I think this just shows that Ryanair does put the safety of its crew and other pax as No.1

shamrock7seal
2nd Jul 2007, 13:19
Ryanair i love you... where is your Bournemouth base!! Desperate for your flights...

dumdumbrain
2nd Jul 2007, 13:24
Im sorry mate but it aint going to happen, too many other important airports to set up a base first. You BOH will get extra fligths from other bases or a a/c doing a W

HH6702
2nd Jul 2007, 18:43
anything new coming to ncl?

hope we get at least 1 new route this winter

CaptKremin
3rd Jul 2007, 13:17
Well, now that Aer Lingus is out of the picture - any news on the promised Ryanair Long Haul carrier that was promised by posters here?

dumdumbrain
3rd Jul 2007, 15:07
All I can say is that it is going to happen within a year. Anyway its going to be a different company, and ran different to that of Ryanair the fares airline.

cesare.caldi
4th Jul 2007, 17:33

chrism20
4th Jul 2007, 17:55
FR's load factor dropped 2% last month.

I know that there are more planes and routes than last year but considering that they were giving seats away for 1p inclusive I am very shocked by this

Runway 31
4th Jul 2007, 18:20
passenger numbers also grew 18%, up from 3,670,542 to

Charlie Roy
4th Jul 2007, 18:35
This article (in French)
http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id=3&subid=85&art_id=357900
says that Ryanair will add one more aircraft to Charleroi in early 2008 and that one of the new routes will be Moroccan.

This contrasts with earlier rumours of 4 or more aircraft in Autumn 2007, but at this stage it sounds rather feasible.

The article also mentions how Liege airport expects to secure a couple of Ryanair routes sooner rather than later.

befree
5th Jul 2007, 07:21
passenger numbers for ryanair are how many people have booked is not adjusted for those who do not turn up. The large admin fee to change a flight will lead to people just making a new booking if they need to make a change. When people are unsure as to when they will fly they could book several possible dates at a few quid each instead of booking at last minute. The rise in passenger numbers is needed to keep the sharehoders happy. Many are based in the USA and only have the passanger numbers to go on.

They have over expanded trying to create 20%+ growth when the loads are not there. The 186 seats on each plane makes it hard to start up new routes as they often get going as 3x per week which then is not very flexable. It is getting harder as the best routes have already been developed.

It has been said that ryanair is to sell 45 planes over the next two years so that there will only be a small net rise.

take-off
5th Jul 2007, 07:40
ANyone think its poss for ryanair to offer a BLK- AGP this winter compete with jet2, theyve released their so called winter schedule , no flight between end of oct- start of feb, hardly a winter flight schedule, some1 like ryanair or easy ,could nip in and steal jet2's thunder, their not even offering xmas/new year flights:ugh::ugh: Just a thort as its said the girona flights seem to do well from blk

dumdumbrain
5th Jul 2007, 08:29
Just a little note, its a 189 seat, 33 rows, no row 13, and no 1def. You will also find many flights are sold close to 189 but about 10-15% of people do not turn up. I have often been on staff travel from stn-ema via dub, and been told i will have to travel in a jump seat, but when i get to the gate the real figure is about 175, so i sit in a normal seat, well over wing.

At the end of the day Ryanair knows its going to be a hard year which investors have been warned about, but it will be for other airlines aswell, if anything it may make a few airlines go under which will be an advantage for Ryanair, lets not forget it's huge cash sums set aside for any down side.

And when Ryanair was to start doing AGP from the UK, it will start from STN and Liverpool first. I don't thinlk Ryanair will expand much into AGP untill its new terminal is built.

ryan2000
5th Jul 2007, 08:35
With the yields Aerlingus are getting on Cork Paris and Cork Barcelona, it's surprising that Ryanair aren't tempted to operate Cork Beauvais or Cork Gerona.

Rallye EI-BFP
5th Jul 2007, 11:15
SNN-BVA and GRO are the high earners at Shannon- with great loads. It is unlikely they are willing to damage that, seeing as there is difficulty making money on some Shannon routes

CaptKremin
5th Jul 2007, 17:45
All I can say is that it is going to happen within a year.
Oh, right. I thought it was 'imminent'.
Back in March..

Patuta
8th Jul 2007, 17:37
Today a local newspaper in Bremen reports attempts of the Greek government to get FR flying to four Greek airports. (No names dropped though.) In order to raise tourist traffic to Greece the government also announced a reduction of airport taxes during the upcoming winter season, says the "Kurier am Sonntag".

I always thought Greek airports are far to expensive for FR. From Germany only easyjet and Air Berlin/LTU are going there.

There's is a (former) military airport between Athens and Korinth which is bang on target for FR. But the German Hochtief company, which runs Athens airport, has allegedly contractually excluded any other public airport in 100 km distance.

So can anyone confirm those negotiations? Will Greece become part of FR's map? Which city? Athens, Saloniki, Heraklion?

dumdumbrain
8th Jul 2007, 18:22
All of the EU will be on the Ryanair map, it's just when. Ryanair is in talks all the time with different airports to try and set up new routes. I think Greece will do very well, even in the winter months, as it's nice and warm in the winter, it's abit far from the UK, but if the tax and fees are low then expect routes to open, not sure when tho..........

Lee

Charlie Roy
8th Jul 2007, 22:10
VanBosh already mentioned the Greece rumour on June 22nd, maybe he has more information? ...

Meanwhile, Ryanair have applied for the following slots for the winter season from Prague:

Dublin (Daily)
Bournemouth (Daily)
Eindhoven (Daily)
Weeze (Daily)
Skavsta (3 x Weekly)

rubik101
9th Jul 2007, 07:47
Many airlines in recent years have applied to fly to Greek airports, particularly Corfu, Rhodes and Heraklion. Permissions are given on the basis that the aircraft makes a stop at the new and very expensive Athens airport. Such a stop makes almost all these rotations uneconomic, hence are never taken up. The Charter and schedule airlines currently flying directly to these destinations have been doing so since before the new airport opened, a sort of Grandfather rights issue.
There are several appeals pending in the EU commission regarding this question, but, being Greece, this will take time.
A weekend flight from all RYR and EZY bases to these three destinations throughout the year would be real winners. There are literally thousands of expats with their associated families struggling over Athens to get there and back right through the winter.

eu01
10th Jul 2007, 09:08
Reus has been mentioned as one of the favourites to become a new FR's base. Meanwhile the Spanish press publishes a warning: "Ryanair can leave the airport".

Isaac Sanromà, president of the Chamber of Commerce in Reus, reminded the readers that the new pending agreement with Ryanair has not been signed yet and the continuity of Ryanair's services could not be guaranteed without it. The airline wants to establish several new routes and to create the operational base in Reus between 2008 and 2010 for two airplanes, in exchange for a subvention of 2.750.000 euros.

According to one of the locals: “Ryanair says that it prefers a single intermediate, that it is the Consorci of the Camp(?), but they have fallen in a total inaction”.

To my mind the subvention, that's the hurdle they have to get over here, don't you think?

(the source in Spanish (http://www.diaridetarragona.com/dtgn/noticia.php?id=4174&sec=3))

Leo Hairy-Camel
10th Jul 2007, 18:23
Ryanair i love you... where is your Bournemouth base!! Desperate for your flights...
I don't think you'll have long to wait, Shamrock7seal.

Bournemouth, Torp and Treviso will be announced soon. Doncaster perhaps.

pee
10th Jul 2007, 19:04
Leo, who is actually going to sue whom in that morass? All the quotations are taken from the today's press.
Ryanair said on Tuesday it would sue the European Commission for not taking action against governments which give aid to national flag carriers that the Irish budget airline believes is illegal.

Ryanair said it submitted complaints involving Air France , Lufthansa, Alitalia and Olympic Airways to the Commission over a year ago.

"These complaints involved hundreds of millions of euro in illegal state aids being granted by the French, German, Italian and Greek governments," Ryanair said in a statement.

"Although Ryanair has called on the Commission several times to investigate these claims, the Commission has failed to do so."
But later:
EU regulators launched investigations Tuesday into government subsidies designed to attract airlines to small airports in Germany and Finland, singling out Ryanair Holdings PLC and easyJet for getting airport fees so low they may be illegal.

The European Commission opened separate investigations into Berlin Schoenefeld, Luebeck Blankensee and Dortmund airports in Germany and Tampere Pirkkala in Finland, saying it needed to check if low airport fees and favorable contracts might be a form of state aid that gives several airlines an unfair advantage over rivals.

If officials find the benefits cannot be justified by EU subsidy rules, the money would need to be repaid to the state.
EasyJet gets special treatment from Berlin Schoenefeld, the EU executive arm said, benefiting from an exclusive rental contract for one terminal that may be below fair market rates, while Ryanair pays airport charges at Luebeck, Berlin Schoenefeld and Tampere Pirkkala that are well below what other airlines face.
Personally I wouldn't agree to pay the same fees as in Termimal 1 for using harsh and cramped Tampere's Terminal 2. T1 has much better premises, T2 is... well... very basic, let's say. And why has it been so difficult to find 1 million euros for the TMP T2's enlargement (they still didn't grant the money) while simultaneously the same officials didn't hesitate to grant 134 millions of euros needed to enlarge HEL Vantaa's terminal for Finnair?

pee
10th Jul 2007, 21:22
T2 at TMP is perfectly adequate. Load factors are not. Finns should travel more, but in a country so gloriously beautiful as Finaland, can you blame them?
Thanks, Finland IS very beautiful, but the summer is short here. Load factors? Look at HHN or even BRE, LF's are perfect! Give us some truely southern destinations (not LPL, not RIX) and you'll have load factors at 90% level all year round. Look what Finns are paying others for flights to Spain, Italy, France, FR didn't grasp an opportunity to create a single route of that kind. And it wouldn't be exceeding present flight distances at all.

Tom the Tenor
10th Jul 2007, 21:41
"Look what Finns are paying others for flights to Spain, Italy, France, FR didn't grasp an opportunity to create a single route of that kind."

Same may be said for the lack of imagination in the FR programme ex-Cork.

PIK fair enough maybe but for pity's sake LBA! That is if they happen at all.

Might be another Bremen.

NickBarnes
11th Jul 2007, 07:21
Thanks, Finland IS very beautiful, but the summer is short here. Load factors? Look at HHN or even BRE, LF's are perfect! Give us some truely southern destinations (not LPL, not RIX) and you'll have load factors at 90% level all year round. Look what Finns are paying others for flights to Spain, Italy, France, FR didn't grasp an opportunity to create a single route of that kind. And it wouldn't be exceeding present flight distances at all.

Totally Agree with you there, at the momment the prices are way to much to spain with Finnair, ryanair could have high load factors on all there flights. hope to see that when i finally move to Finland from the UK in a few years time. Finland is beautiful and peacefull, can't wait till i go there again in 2 days time!!

thepeacock
11th Jul 2007, 08:37
"Look what Finns are paying others for flights to Spain, Italy, France,
What did Sterling do worng when they pulled off HEL ?

They had AGP, FAO, CHQ

pee
11th Jul 2007, 09:24
What did Sterling do wrong when they pulled off HEL ? They came very hastily and at short notice, too many destinations at once, too expensive tickets from the very beginning, lack of good marketing. And they retreated as fast as they came without even starting some of the destinations.

Remember, Finns are very slow to react (also Ryanair's TMP-NYO didn't succeed while FR was unknown at the moment). Finland is still the-least penetrated area by low-costs in all EU. That's why people here are so fascinated if the price of flight is lower than 200 euros. Read the excerpt from a travel forum today: Hei, did you hear about the great opportunity?EXTRA-OFFER of Finnair, selling this week only. From Helsinki to Milano for JUST 199 euros! Hurry up everybody! :8

eu01
11th Jul 2007, 15:46
Commenting today Ryanair's spokesman, Peter Sherrard said, "today's announcement proves that the European Commission has a biased approach to State Aid investigations. It continues to ignore billions of state aid to flag carrier airlines in the form of discounted domestic charges, exclusive use of terminal facilities and annual bail outs to Alitalia and Olympic Airlines, yet at the same time the Commission is wasting time and resources investigating the cost base of small secondary airports such as Lubeck and Tampere, which without Ryanair would have no traffic at all, or the main airports of secondary cities such as Berlin and Dortmund, which would have far smaller traffic numbers were it not for the services provided by Easyjet."Poor Tampere. I've been there. Finland's only low-cost terminal is so small that any EU Commission's intervention concerning this miniature old building with minimal facilities is shame for them, really. It's a kind of poultry-house, not a terminal.

Nevertheless; Mr. Sherrard, are you sure about the "secondary city Berlin"? I know, you weren't allowed to create your own airport there, but I would never call Germany's capital city a secondary one. By the way, do you realize, with SXF you could start a new case concerning the anti-competitive regulations! As you know, the local authorities made all they could to cripple the development of any other airport in the region (Neuhardenberg or Finow, to mention just these). And the official motivation was: "It is truely in our interest not to allow any competition to BBI." (Mayor Klaus Wowereit). Wow, aren't they breaching the competition rules?

Charlie Roy
12th Jul 2007, 22:28
PDF document on Ryanair's website showing the availability of its free tickets list Malta - Bari as a route.

S78
13th Jul 2007, 13:34
Reports from Italy indicate that the Government will force RYR to move it's flights from Ciampino to Fiumicino starting from the winter 07 schedules.

Meanwhile, in Denmark, talks between RYR and Aalborg have failed due to a disagreement on charges - Aalborg wanted 200DKR per pax, Ryanair offered 20.

S78

dumdumbrain
13th Jul 2007, 14:48
Why do people use RYR, I know thats Ryanair's call sign, but within Ryanair FR means Ryanair......................