PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

captplaystation
4th Feb 2008, 15:50
Spin spin spin, no coincidence that a recently "negotiated" pay deal had a clause that they would not pay a large chunk of it if we made a loss in two consecutive quarters. . .go figure.
Disposal of older aircraft is reputedly quite profitable. I believe we get more for the 9 year olds than we pay for the new "I raped Boeing" ones as prices negotiated when we ordered several hundred were VERY favourable. Silly not to.
Like I said spin spin spin.

chris-squire
4th Feb 2008, 15:58
captplaystation - At last some sense! :D

saccade
4th Feb 2008, 16:09
Southwest Airlines is currently doing very well because of their succesful hedging contracts:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0826f784-ca20-11dc-b5dc-000077b07658.html

Ryanair is almost completely unhedged after March!
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ryanair-would-hedge-fuel-if/story.aspx?guid=%7B3D7140E4-B37D-4946-A83E-A605331615CC%7D

Don't really see the cleverness in this, the 30m and a few quid from some paycuts won't make a difference on the fuel bill with $100 oil...

sky9
4th Feb 2008, 16:11
Where did the 12 operating lease aircraft come from; are they part of the Ryanair order on a sale and leaseback or from a third party? They are now a significant part of the fleet.
Interesting also to see that they are advertising the availability of wet lease aircraft on their website.

Viewedfromabove
4th Feb 2008, 16:14
Or by being nice to passengers and crew, or anyone else for that matter!

golfyankeesierra
4th Feb 2008, 16:20
Didn't Ryanair get those B737's at a bargain?
And what does Boeing say about it when RYR sells them at a profit while deliveries are still ongoing?

edit: sorry, missed capt playstation's post. Still what does Boeing say?

Charlie Roy
4th Feb 2008, 16:35
The most interesting titbit from the Q3 report:
We continue to have more new base opportunities than we can handle at present, and expect to be in a position to announce at least two further European bases shortly, both of which will launch in Winter 2008.

cesare.caldi
4th Feb 2008, 17:04
One of these new base probably will be Reus (REU).

HeliCraig
4th Feb 2008, 17:09
Well, my two penneth worth - only as SLF when it comes to jets - is that I think people will soon start to grow tired of Ryanair / MOL's attitude and approach to customers/employees/suppliers.

Their initial advertised fares must surely only serve the purpose of putting you in "my life thats cheap" mindset. Recently booked 2 tickets from EMA to DUB (return). £0.01 for each sector, so £0.04 for tickets. £30 tax each way. Then you add on the £10 for an infant (yes, 1000x more for an infant - but you can't book a seat for him!), £6 for a bag, £6 check in (we both have to check in because 1 has lugguage), £6 for infant equipment EACH WAY... and you end up at best part of £130 for the tickets. But you still think its cheap!!

But you try and cancel it (no I haven't but I know this is what happens)... no tax refund because their admin charge will equal the tax. Their customer service is widely regarded as nil. They are just plain argumentitive with any authority about anything (Advertising Standards Agency, just last week, told to go forth by them!).

They are just not as LoCo as people believe (yes they are marginally cheaper than some traditional airlines) - they want you to believe it, it suits their ends. Failing that, they will go on the offensive - very publicly.

People will eventually tire of their continual tirades and sneaky attempts to get a few extra quid out of you (I'd rather have an upfront honest price). But when they do, Ryanair will not go wrong; they will just have to adapt, thats all - but I think a change in management will be needed first.

So, you can count me firmly in the "its all spin, spin, spin" camp.

owenkirk2005
4th Feb 2008, 17:10
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong area but i am traveling FR to rome from east midlands and did not purchuse priority boarding when i booked. am i still able to purchuse this at the airport on the outbound and inbound? thanks

MAN777
4th Feb 2008, 17:21
Priority boarding ! Dont waste your money, just get to the gate early and watch the staff for behaviour leading to boarding announcements, if that fails push yourself to the front of the Q, or tag onto a family !:). If you turn up at the gate late you will get the seats that are left over regardless of whether you had priority boarding.

owenkirk2005
4th Feb 2008, 17:24
cheers for the advise. ill get to the front of the non-priority que like i was planning on doing then. thanks

Stanstedeye
4th Feb 2008, 17:28
You can from STN

TheOddOne
4th Feb 2008, 18:08
I think people will soon start to grow tired of Ryanair / MOL's attitude and approach to customers/employees/suppliers.

Well, folk have been saying that for 10 years or so, now, without any sign of MOL changing his ways.

People have a miscoception about the meaning of the term 'LoCo'. It isn't low cost to the customer, it's low cost to the airline. Everything they do, from aircraft purchase through landing fees and handling costs are absolutely minimised and they gain the maximum use of everything 'sweating the assets' as the accountants would say (and do!) MOL is infamous for saying many things, among them being that he isn't a pilot, isn't in love with teh romance of flying, just wants to run the business for the maximum that can be extracted from it.

Incidentally, why be a Ryanair shareholder? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they've paid a single penny in dividend. If so, the ONLY reason for holding Ryanair stock must be the belief that the share price will go higher than you paid for it and you'll make some money eventually by selling them. If so, then who DOES benefit from Ryanair's activity?

a)Well, MOL, of course, rumoured to be a very rich man and his senior team.

b) The staff, OK, OK, I know, everyone thinks the way they are treated stinks, but they're all in paid jobs, some of them quite well paid and they can surely take their skills elsewhere.

c)The customers, I agree it isn't cheap to fly with Ryanair, see the above illustration, but millions and millions of people fly with them every year. If it was REALLY rubbish, then they'd have stopped by now. The communities where Ryanair fly to (you know, the deal where they say they're flying you to one place but take you somewhere not a million miles away, but it feels like it!).

d) Stansted. I don't believe anyone else would have made the growth happen there to quite the same extent.

e)Oh, and all those Boeing employees who would have been laid off without his order. If I were Boeing, I'd say 'well, he kept the line open for us, we struck a deal on the price, if he can make money out of it then good luck'.

I'm NOT a MOL apologist, I'm sure similar growth could have happened without the plain nasty public persona. Personally, I'd rather fly with EasyJet and if I never fly with Ryanair again I won't mind but as an ex-big-airport professional, I've got to kinda admire what they've done.

TheOddOne

chris-squire
4th Feb 2008, 20:44
What's being forgotten is that RYR is a business. It exists to make money, not to make people happy. Believe me, I agree that its pretty **** the way things are going with customer service but you get what you pay for. I was even further apalled when talking to a mate who's with RYR and discovered that you're not officially allowed a free cup of tea in flight!

But, RYR is more profitable than BA and isn't far off being just as big so they must be doing something to keep people happy.

Just my 2p worth. :)

Andrew R
4th Feb 2008, 22:42
Video of MOL on BBC Breakfast this morning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGkbzOk3Jc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGkbzOk3Jc)

GoEDI
4th Feb 2008, 22:47
Expect EDI from September with around 11 new routes on top of what's already been announced, 2 based aircraft.

JulietNovemberPapa
4th Feb 2008, 23:29
What's your source? I ask because we've had endless FR-at-EDI rumours.

pilot999
4th Feb 2008, 23:30
The man's a genius. thank god we've got him.

scotsunflyer
5th Feb 2008, 00:32
Where's the source? That would be telling but see below:

Proposed

WRO x 2 weekly
BOH x double daily
PMI x 3 weekly
KRK x 3 weekly
AGP x 4 weekly
POZ x 3 weekly
BLL x 3 weekly
NYO x 4 weekly
LCJ x 2 weekly
SXF x 4 weekly
BTS x 4 weekly

egnxema
5th Feb 2008, 10:33
There are rumours too of an AGP base. Anyone else heard this?

Seat62K
5th Feb 2008, 12:11
A question for "aerospace": you say that the Madrid base is "crap". What is your reasoning behind this assertion?
One for "Sobelena": you refer to a poor "service element". In what way(s) exactly?
(By the way, I have no connection with Ryanair other than having flown with them on more than 40 occasions over the last year, with no complaints of any significance about their "service element". And yes, I do have experience of other airlines' products, including multiple trips in BA Club World and First cabins.)

GoEDI
5th Feb 2008, 18:34
JulietNovemberPapa, trust what Scotsunflyer says. ;) Progress has certainly been made since the last false alarm we had when the BHX base was announced.

eu01
5th Feb 2008, 18:52
[Ryanair has] one great advantage in Finland: you are the only one low-cost carrier that counts here. Did you take profits having such a profitable position? Not at all.people have really started to expect some new destinations, became more excited and what? Nothing happened.
I think there is nothing wrong with the potential for no-frills in Finland. Tampere does have good load factors, no need to complain. Maybe you Finns are just too straightforward and honest people to make any ”special deals” with Ryanair?

The FR's policy of route planning seems much more complicated than only following the demand. And in general, all its economy rules are somewhat unusual. Take Poland. Dozens of flights every day from UK and Ireland. You would believe the costs of running a base were much lower in the ”new” European Union member states, wouldn't you? The main reason being the labour costs still significantly lower than on the Islands. But all those planes still depart and return to the old good bases in the UK/Ireland, Polish bases are still mainly in the verbal plans. Why? Equally hard to explain as the reasons of your Finnish frustrations. But hey, WizzAir is coming to Finland in a few months. Did you know it?

Seat62K
5th Feb 2008, 19:30
Interesting post, eu01.
Ryanair route planning and scheduling puzzles me to some extent. For example, take the London to Alicante market. In summer 2008 over a dozen easyJet flights in each direction are scheduled on peak days, not to mention BA, Monarch etc. And what's Ryanair's response? One daily rotation plus, more recently, a second flight on certain days of the week. London is conspicuously absent from Ryanair's list of destinations from Madrid: this is a very busy route but instead Ryanair has chosen to fly some much thinner ones. Is there anyone out there who can make sense of this?

airhumberside
6th Feb 2008, 13:39
Serving the bigger destinations is only a more recent innovation by Ryanair. But they are now limited in capacity at the LON airports so cant start adding multiple daily flights to the likes of MAD and ALC without dropping other, presumbably profitable, flights

WHBM
6th Feb 2008, 14:07
We have discussed this one elsewhere. Tampere is a poor substitute for the majority of the Finnish market.

Helsinki seems to have effectively resisted the main low cost carriers, I am surprised the politicians and the public have tolerated such a shut-out by the established interests.

I still feel Lappeenranta, right on the Russian border at the nearest point to St Petersburg (about 2-3 hours drive away) is a classic Ryanair opportunity. Big runway, lost their remaining scheduled service (a Saab 340 hop to Helsinki) this year so no vested interests. St Petersburg population is 5.5 million, a huge underserved market both inbound and outbound. A notable number of Ryanair's pax from Tampere actually drive all the way from Russia (takes all day), which they must have noticed. Not too far from Helsinki either.

eu01
6th Feb 2008, 18:04
I still feel Lappeenranta, right on the Russian border at the nearest point to St Petersburg (about 2-3 hours drive away) is a classic Ryanair opportunity. Big runway, lost their remaining scheduled service (a Saab 340 hop to Helsinki) this year so no vested interests. St Petersburg population is 5.5 million, a huge underserved market both inbound and outbound. A notable number of Ryanair's pax from Tampere actually drive all the way from Russia
I was about to write something very stupid. That many other Eastern-EU countries are as close to Russia as Finland. But a short glance at the map forced me to reconsider the issue. Only Estonia is almost equally close - but has not a single capable airport near the Russian border. Poland's border with Russia is pretty short, there is just Kaliningrad enclave as a neighbour with 900.000 inhabitants of the entire teritory - nothing to be accounted for. Slovakia and Hungary have a common border with Ukraine, but not with Russia. Romania is even further away. Now look at Finland and the entire EU's easternmost airport Lappeenranta! Absolutely true, it's so close to St. Petersburg! It could be an ideal strategic point for Ryanair, just in their style! An opportunity that MOL either didn't notice or underestimated this? :rolleyes:

EI-BUD
6th Feb 2008, 18:13
Some interesting commentary in last few days.

I am of the opinion, that Ryanair needs to move away from being totally price driven and aim to be a desired brand. That would be a big repositioning exercise, however it will need to be achieved. This is their challenge, I mean in many occasions where Ryanair has a competitor price can be the reason why people use them.

They are however fortunate that they have a massive €2Billion in the bank!

On a further note, I read that someone mentioned that Ryanair only went onto ALicante for eg last summer with only 1 flight a day from Stansted. I would suggest that this because committing to a high frequency summer schedule would perhaps mean a similar winter frequency. And their initial experience on the Spanish sun routes is that it is very seasonal, I realise that there are alot of commuters going to second homes but the tourist levels are way down.

I think the daily flight is just to hurt the competition.

What does anyone else think?

eu01
6th Feb 2008, 18:29
Ryanair needs to move away from being totally price driven and aim to be a desired brand.
Couldn't agree more. The time of "uncontrolled" expansion is coming to an end. They already have the potential, now they should try to raise a profile, let's say they need a little face-lifting. There is much good in Ryanair by the way (like the effectiveness, productivity and so on). However, far too many people associate them with "this crappy airline". It does not require that much to change it.

EI-BUD
6th Feb 2008, 18:53
You are right, I work in a business that lives the brand. And this is what has made us succeed. Focus comes away from Price, and we leave our competitors in the shade.

So a little bit of brand magic and hey presto! I also agree that Ryanair do what they do extremely well. Preceptions are everything. Its time to cash in on the good work done on things like frequency punctuality etc.

MOL is an amazing business leader, great with numbers and economy but has no clue about Brand.

Skipness One Echo
6th Feb 2008, 19:51
The reason they have loads of dosh in the bank is precisely because they don't buy into all the desired brand marketing bollocks. Always good to see the experts giving advice. I fly Ryanair because they're cheap, it does what it says on the tin, end of. Simplicity sells boys. It ain't broke.

LGS6753
7th Feb 2008, 09:36
Businesses can compete in their markets on one of two bases: Price or Service. If they compete on price, they have to be the lowest cost provider, and remain so. If they compete on service, they identify one or more unique service propositions (USPs), and sell on them. These could include brand, quality, FFP, service, in-flight gourmet experience, etc.

No business can compete on both, and none should try. Ryanair has been very successful competing as the lowest cost provider, and would be foolish to try and change its entire corporate strategy. You and I may not like aspects of their service, but millions accept these drawbacks, and fly with them every year.:)

JulietNovemberPapa
7th Feb 2008, 09:58
I think Ryanair should market itself as being the number-one airline on three factors: lowest airfares; excellent punctuality; and fewest lost bags. It occasionally mentions punctuality and lost bags, but it doesn't really promote itself around those all-important things.

I don't believe it needs to bother changing to become all warm,, caring and fuzzy, or to become less provocative in advertisements; in other words, it shouldn't become like most other airlines.

Captain Caveman
7th Feb 2008, 10:29
Perhaps every airline should do what FR does and charge the handler if bags are left behind! That way everyone could advertise that!

JulietNovemberPapa
7th Feb 2008, 11:02
Perhaps every airline should do what FR does and charge the handler if bags are left behind!

Care to elaborate? :rolleyes:

MUFC_fan
7th Feb 2008, 21:27
When MOL decides to leave FR and start a new long haul airline 'working with FR,' what kind of aircraft can we expect?

Would it be the 787-9 or the A350-1000? Maybe push it to an A380 size? Afterall - "Pile 'em high, sell 'em low!":ok:

MAN777
7th Feb 2008, 21:54
A380, thats an interesting concept. I am plucking these figures out of the air, they may be miles out, so I stand to be corrected.

I assume the A380 could carry 800+ in all economy mode.

Say London-JFK at a massive saving over the full cost carriers, about to loose a fortune on the over capacity from LHR.

What could Ryanair in this fiction scenario charge to make a profit.?

Discuss, Speculate, Whatever. ! :)

Say again s l o w l y
8th Feb 2008, 00:23
Ryanair are closing their website down from the 16th through to midnight on the 18th of February to comply with an Office of Fair Trading ruling that all prices must be fully inclusive.

Ryanair will go offline for three days this month to comply with an Office of Fair Trading instruction to display all prices inclusive of tax and charges.

But it will do so having failed to meet a deadline for compliance by the end of January.

The delay will infuriate the trade, which has largely *complied with demands to *display inclusive pricing since May 2007.

A deal between the OFT and ABTA has seen the latter police members, issuing fines of up to £5,000 to a handful of companies that failed to comply on pricing.

An OFT spokesman said: “We are very disappointed *Ryanair has not met the agreed date of January 31 for changing its website.” The airline argued technical difficulties prevented compliance.

On May 11 last year the OFT announced: “The deadline to include all fixed non-optional costs in the basic advertised prices of holidays has expired.” On August 9 it stated: “Ryanair will be making these [agreed] changes shortly.”

A Ryanair spokesman confirmed: “Our booking site will shut down from February 16 to 11.59pm on February 18.”

Flight details will remain available, but no one will be able to book or make changes to bookings for three days. *Ryanair said passengers would be informed in advance. No *extra staff will be available *offline to deal with problems.

An ABTA spokeswoman said: “We are very disappointed and awaiting the next deadline. But this is about raising the industry’s reputation. If Ryanair does comply, it will have been a success.”

Seems an odd one to me. Why couldn't they have done it earlier and just swapped the website across?

Capn Bloggs
8th Feb 2008, 00:25
Because
no extra staff will be available
to do it. :E

janus627
8th Feb 2008, 12:17
Because they also change the complete booking-software and they had an agreement with the provider of the old system?

eu01
8th Feb 2008, 12:31
they also change the complete booking-software and they had an agreement with the provider of the old system?
You know it or you just suppose that? :confused: (would be interesting to know about the changes...)

Viewedfromabove
8th Feb 2008, 13:24
February 5, 2008After annoying the French president and his bride by using them in an advertisement, budget airline Ryanair is promoting its flights in the Italian press as a way of escaping piles of rubbish that are choking the city of Naples.
Above a photograph of piles of garbage bags -- an image which has come to symbolize Naples in recent months where the waste disposal system has ground to a halt -- the advert reads: "Pay the taxes! Not for waste (disposal) but to escape."
Playing on public outrage at the waste emergency and the fact that locals continue to pay a refuse tax even when their streets are shoulder-high in rotting garbage, the airline offers 250,000 free flights where the customer only pays airport taxes.
But like President Nicolas Sarkozy and his new wife Carla Bruni -- whose image was used for adverts in France, the city of Naples is not amused.
"The only rubbish to be escaped from is Ryanair's advertising," said Marco di Lello, head of tourism at the regional government of Campania of which Naples is the capital.
"I am disgusted by this exploitation by an airline which has never even flown to Naples," he told Ansa news agency.
The nearest airport for Neapolitans to catch a Ryanair flight would be Rome, according to its web site.
A French court ordered Ryanair to pay EUR60,000 euros to Bruni for the advertisement which showed a cartoon bubble above a photograph of the couple, reading: "With Ryanair, my whole family can come to my wedding."

(Reuters)

Charlie Roy
8th Feb 2008, 13:29
Latest advertising faux-pas over Naples North

Ya, and Ryanair know that everytime they do a faux-pas that every newspaper all over Europe will do a little article on it, giving them fantastic free publicity.
Naples would have done better to not give any reaction at all to the advertisement.

ESCNI
8th Feb 2008, 13:48
Agreed...

See Naples and die (of the stench) (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/the-rotten-heart-of-italy-see-naples-and-die-of-the-stench-769448.html?r=RSS)

:eek:

janus627
8th Feb 2008, 14:16
@ eu1:

Half Year Results Presentation, Page 12:

NewSkies Res. Sys. Launched Jan 08.

Navitaire NewSkies already in use at many many Airlines. You can click on the references on their website to see how it could be configured...

No Idea what Ryan will do with it...

No longer ATC
8th Feb 2008, 14:53
Really looking forward to going to NAP week after next after reading that article!!Not....

JulietNovemberPapa
8th Feb 2008, 16:32
Ryanair know that everytime they do a faux-pas that every newspaper all over Europe will do a little article on it, giving them fantastic free publicity.
Naples would have done better to not give any reaction at all to the advertisement.

Hear, hear! There are endless precedents, yet people always rise to the bait.

johnnychips
8th Feb 2008, 23:08
Naples is a much-maligned city, as long as you keep your wits about you. The airport is very near the city centre, and I'd love to see FR fly there. Let's hope they get their rubbish sorted out (Naples, not FR).

eu01
10th Feb 2008, 06:52
Navitaire NewSkies
(...)
No Idea what Ryan will do with it...
Kind of off-topic, but let's see
Navitaire began developing a completely new, online reservation system - New Skies - using the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition database server, and the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system.
Ryanair heavily depending on the M$-based software? That will certainly cost them a bit and could force to upgrade the hardware as well. And it also gives some hints why the switch to this new software has already been postponed... :E

egnxema
10th Feb 2008, 12:12
Can anyone work out from the announcement on the FR website re the closure of the booking system - will there be any affect on online check-in??

I am flying FR on both 23rd and 24th Feb.

I would have thought the booking/online checkin systems were pretty closely linked.

But the statement "All passenger travel will be unaffected" doesn't indicate what will happen to the online checkin over the weekend.

en2r
10th Feb 2008, 17:08
Can anyone work out from the announcement on the FR website re the closure of the booking system - will there be any affect on online check-in??

I am flying FR on both 23rd and 24th Feb.

I would have thought the booking/online checkin systems were pretty closely linked.

But the statement "All passenger travel will be unaffected" doesn't indicate what will happen to the online checkin over the weekend.
Yes, the online check in system will not be available during the periods concerned. However, I think they're going to waive the fee for airport check in on those days. But do you know you can check in up to 2 days before your flight, so you could check in on the 22nd for both legs. I presume that the boarding passes would still work during those days.

cesare.caldi
11th Feb 2008, 21:27
Tomorrow Ryanair press conference in Madrid with MOL.

Maybe will be annunced new route from MAD?

cesare.caldi
11th Feb 2008, 21:56
MOL flight plan for Tomorrow:

FR-3331 DUBLIN-REUS 5:55-9:30 SPECIAL FLIGHT
FR-3332 REUS-MADRID 11:30-11:50 SPECIAL FLIGHT
FR-3333 MADRID-DUBLIN 14:30-16:00 SPECIAL FLIGHT

VanBosh
12th Feb 2008, 08:10
Possibly the long awaited REU base?
and a few new (replacement) routes at MAD?

antoslaw
12th Feb 2008, 08:18
Ryanair Announces 26th Base in Reus Barcelona

2 A/CRAFT ($140m) & 12 ROUTES DELIVER OVER 1M PAX P.A

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline today (12th Feb) announced its 26th European and fifth Spanish base in Reus Barcelona. From October, Ryanair will invest $140M in 2 new aircraft and 12 routes that will deliver 1,000 jobs and over 1m passengers p.a. for Tarragona.

DESTINATION
Starts
Birmingham
June
Dublin
Operating
Frankfurt
Operating
Glasgow
Operating
Liverpool
Operating
London (Luton)
Operating
London (Stansted)
Operating
Palma
Oct
Paris
Oct
Santander
Oct
Santiago
Oct
Seville
Oct

In just five years, Ryanair has smashed Iberia’s high fare monopoly by guaranteeing Spanish passengers the lowest fares and no fuel surcharges ever. This has driven down the cost of travel and delivered an annual €2bn tourism spend in the Spanish regions.

Ryanair’s new base in Reus Barcelona will replicate the success of our existing bases in Alicante, Girona, Madrid and Valencia, transforming tourism to the region and saving passengers €100m p.a. compared to Iberia’s high fares and fuel surcharges.

Announcing Ryanair’s 26th European base in Reus, CEO Michael O’Leary said,

“We congratulate Reus for fighting off stiff competition from seven other airports across Europe to win this new base which guarantees over 1m passengers p.a and two new aircraft worth over $140m for 12 Ryanair routes.

“Ryanair will now develop the region’s massive untapped potential by giving the tourism industry year round low fare access to Europe’s largest cities. The 1m passengers that Ryanair delivers to/from Reus next year will generate a local visitor spend of at least €150m.

“All of Ryanair’s routes from Reus are available until midnight Thursday for just €5 and we advise passengers to book early as demand will be very strong”.

eu01
12th Feb 2008, 09:12
Operating, operating, operating... Not so much new here. Just BVA and some Spanish domestic routes. Certainly something will be added to this timetable for those 2 aircraft. And indeed, aren't they too optimistic with these domestic flights? In my opinion Reus is NOT close enough to Barcelona for such connections to work.

MonkeyB
12th Feb 2008, 10:24
Tarragona is an industrial area in it's own right. Plus the Costa Dorada is a major tourist area, Universal Studios, Salou etc

MB

eu01
12th Feb 2008, 10:55
Costa Dorada is a major tourist area, Universal Studios, Salou etc
Right! Attractive however mostly for the tourists from OUTSIDE of Spain. And what do we have here? REU - SVQ twice daily? :rolleyes:

JulietNovemberPapa
12th Feb 2008, 11:09
Why not just wait-and-see whether it's successful, or whether it's downgraded or cut?

JulietNovemberPapa
12th Feb 2008, 11:20
REU-SVQ 2x daily:
REU-SVQ 0640-0805 (FR2115), 1955-2120 (FR2141)
SVQ-REU: 0830-0955 (FR2116), 2145-2310 (FR2142)

REU-BVA 1x daily:
REU-BVA: 1615-1815 (FR2117)
BVA-REU: 1840-2025 (FR2118)

REU-SDR 1x daily
REU-SDR: 1635-1750 (FR2127)
SDR-REU: 1815-1930 (FR2128)

REU-SVQ 1x daily
REU-SVQ: 0630-0810 (FR2113)
SVQ-REU: 0835-1010 (FR2114)

-------------------

Clearly more routes/increased frequencies will be announced.

VanBosh
12th Feb 2008, 11:27
unless they are switching some routes to REU aircraft to free up capacity at other bases

Charlie Roy
12th Feb 2008, 11:28
And what do we have here? REU - SVQ twice daily?

I find such a new route to be totally viable. You're obviously not Spanish eu01. This base announcement is big news even if it doesn't involve a route to an airport near you.

eu01
12th Feb 2008, 11:47
You're obviously not Spanish eu01.
Obviously(?) not. However this is unfair: "This base announcement is big news even if it doesn't involve a route to an airport near you." I didn't criticize a Ryanair's choice of a new base. Reus is great, no doubts about it. What I dare to be skeptical about is just the viability of inner-Spanish routes with 189-seaters from Reus. I've happened to fly some month ago on some domestic Spanish routes (like BCN-SCQ with Clickair). The tickets were very cheap and planes half-empty. Just a bad luck of mine or the excess capacity there?

By the way, I do not live anywhere near the FR airport (is it possible?) ;) .

VanBosh
12th Feb 2008, 12:10
Any update from MAD?

JulietNovemberPapa
12th Feb 2008, 12:25
Haven't heard or read anything about MAD yet.

frfly
12th Feb 2008, 19:23
i wonder whether EDI missed out yet again to REU? Or does anyone still have information on the EDI base. We're all waiting eagerly in EDI hopeful that it will be announced soon!

johnnychips
12th Feb 2008, 20:29
As for increasing Spanish domestic routes, it is worth noting that Spanish trains are rather slow (though comfortable) unless you're lucky enough to be on an AVE (Spanish TGV) route, so perhaps MOL has a chance there. Tarragona to Sevilla or Santander doesn't look far on a map, but that could be a very long train journey or a stressful drive.

spotterman
12th Feb 2008, 21:21
Can anyone shed any light on the reason(s) for the four hour delay on todays Riga flight from NEMA please?? Had some friends on board and was just wondering what the problem was....

BHDviewer
12th Feb 2008, 23:20
There was some discussion last year between Clare Co Council and FR about the posibility of reintroducing a Shannon-Belfast service (this was dropped after 9/11 by EI). Since then, there's apparently been nothing further reported.

What are the chances of FR going for it now that they're established at BHD?

eu01
13th Feb 2008, 03:32
Any update from MAD?
According to Irish Examiner:
The airline’s chief executive Michael O’Leary, made the announcement in Madrid saying he expects to have an additional Spanish base operating from summer 2009 and is in talks with as many as six airports.

He added that the airline will likely open two or three other European hubs before starting the sixth base in Spain.

tosch19
13th Feb 2008, 11:11
On a German spotter website, ther are following routs from SXF mentioned

Edinburgh (EDI)
starting 01.09.08 until 24.10.08 arr.0850 dep. 0915 FR 400 / FR 410 Boeing 737-800 day 1-3-5--
07.09.08 / 19.10.08 1005 / 1030 FR 400 / FR 410 Boeing 737-800 day ------7
Hahn (HHN)
30.03.08 / 25.10.08 0735 / 0800 FR 5492 / FR 5493 Boeing 737-800 day 1234567
30.03.08 / 25.10.08 1755 / 1820 FR 5494 / FR 5495 Boeing 737-800 day 1234567

eu01
13th Feb 2008, 12:15
arr.0850 dep. 0915Obviously, the route served not by the SXF-based airplane. Looks as if EDI were a sure bet for the next base...

frfly
13th Feb 2008, 17:12
i really hope so....theres been so many rumours of it and yet still no announcement!!

boyzinblue
13th Feb 2008, 17:35
there is no plane based at sxf.......or did I miss a base announcement

GoEDI
13th Feb 2008, 17:51
Obviously, the route served not by the SXF-based airplane. Looks as if EDI were a sure bet for the next base...

As already discussed, look back at post 1029 inparticular.

Kakpipe Cosmonaut
13th Feb 2008, 18:10
From The TimesFebruary 13, 2008

Ryanair to close tickets website after OFT warningDavid Robertson
Ryanair, the budget airline, is closing its website for three days next week after missing a deadline set by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to remove misleading prices from the site.

The expensive shutdown will allow Ryanair to revamp its website and meet the OFT’s rules for including taxes and other charges within headline fares.

It could cost the carrier £20 million in lost revenue and is a further blow after it said that profits could halve next year because of worsening economic conditions.

Concern over the airline’s strategy has prompted Deutsche Bank to give warning of a possible “business model failure”.

Related Links
Ryanair prepares to prey on rivals during downturn
EasyJet shrugs off gloom to soar above Ryanair
The OFT gave Ryanair a deadline of January 31 to make changes to its fares. When this was missed, the Ireland-based carrier was given a new deadline of the end of February. The airline is understood to have told the OFT that next week’s three-day website shutdown was to enable it to comply with the new rules.

If it had missed yet another deadline, the OFT could have begun enforcement proceedings against Ryanair. This could have resulted in a court order to shut down the airline’s booking system until the fare changes were made.

The OFT was concerned that airlines were misleading passengers by advertising low fares that did not include extras, such as tax. However, Ryanair said yesterday that it was closing online bookings only to expand the website’s capacity.

A spokesman said: “Our software was designed to cope with 50 million passengers a year and we have reached that, so we are introducing a new site capable of handling more.”

A source familiar with Ryanair’s negotiations with the OFT said: “They were given until the end of February to make the changes and they are now shutting down to make sure they comply.”

The website will be shut for 74 hours from 10pm on February 22 to 11.59pm on February 25.

Ryanair has grown rapidly to become Europe’s largest airline, but it has experienced a number of setbacks in recent weeks. A French court ordered the airline to pay compensation to President Sarkozy and his new wife, the model Carla Bruni, for using their picture in an advertisement.

The airline said last week that its profits for this financial year would be about €470 million (£351 million), but it said that high fuel costs and falling demand could halve that figure next year.

Analysts at Deutsche Bank said that the carrier was failing to get cost benefits from growing passenger numbers and, as a result, had seen a decline in its return on investment. They have called for a “change of strategy”.

I hope MOL isn't losing his touch

MaxAOB
13th Feb 2008, 18:15
I hope he is ..... :)

Autobrake Low
13th Feb 2008, 18:16
I may be wrong as I didnt bother reading the whole article but I did read that it will close for 3 DAYS - not 3 weeks.

PIGDOG
13th Feb 2008, 18:19
This title needs to be changed; it says the website will close for three weeks, the text and the quote both say it will close for three days!!

EI-BUD
13th Feb 2008, 18:46
Does anybody know the number of 738's that are due to be received to the fleet this summer, or over the next few months?

In addition, does anybody know how many of the original 738s are due to leave the fleet.

It would seem that all new bases of late are getting 2 738s ( mostly) so when does BHD get #2?

And if we made an assumption that new bases will be gettting 2 738s how many new bases do we expect to be announced over the next few months?

EI-BUD

2Planks
13th Feb 2008, 19:15
Why hope that he is losing his touch?? The man may not be an ideal dinner partner but he has kept a lot of aviators in a job and provided a huge increase in the number of routes as part of a rapid expansion in air travel. Don't bite the hand that feeds??? (Retreats behind parapet)

ZeBedie
13th Feb 2008, 19:20
Don't bite the hand that feeds

Tell that to a battery-farm chicken:*

OltonPete
13th Feb 2008, 20:00
EI-BUD

I read somewhere it was 42 in and 15 out leaving 27 net for 2008.
However things can change quickly.

Jethros might have the exact figures but not sure.

Pete

Flitefone
13th Feb 2008, 20:11
http://www.jethros.dwsitech.com/
Jethros has precise and well informed data on all UK and Irish airlines. Including delivery dates for new aircraft and planned withdrawal for existing fleet on the way out.

Check Ryanair existing and on order fleets for your answers...

eu01
17th Feb 2008, 12:52
FR has just added several new flights from STN to many Polish destinations (already served, like Szczecin, Rzeszow, Lodz, Wroclaw - beginning end March). LFs are good, so why not? There is, however, something strange about that; the turnaround times of these new flights. E.g. in Poznan it'll be as much as 125 minutes, in Bydgoszcz even more. What's up? No slots at Stansted?

anna_list
17th Feb 2008, 13:12
@eu01 - thanks for pointing that out.
The increases have been a long time coming. The Polish routes have been amongst the highest loads from STN for at least a year now.

By my reckoning, the new schedules give a 23% increase in capacity on STN-Poland, which should be just in time to carry waves of Poles back home, now that wages have increased there and economic conditions aren't looking as great here.

BZG goes to 10 per week (+3), LCJ to 9 (+2), POZ to 9 (+2), RZE to 10 (+3), WRO to 12 (+2) and SZZ to 7 (+3 ... SZZ started daily back in Oct 05, but was reduced after being the weakest Polish route). GDN and KRK look as though they are unchanged. Total +15 flights per week.

I wouldn't read too much into the turnaround times - Ryanair usually manage to mess up their schedules when they're first released, before correcting them later ... usually after reading about the mistakes on PPRuNe (!)

ESCNI
18th Feb 2008, 19:25
Ryanair usually manage to mess up their schedules when they're first released, before correcting them later ... usually after reading about the mistakes on PPRuNe (!)Any chance of them fixing their last flight back from Liverpool to Belfast on a Saturday? ;)

It's currently at 16.00, long before the final whistle has blown! :eek:

Their winter schedule was also like that before they corrected it. :)

eu01
20th Feb 2008, 10:48
So far, Ryanair has started just one route directly to Warsaw, from Dublin. But, as "polskatimes" writes "just that one route costed Lot (Polish Airlines) appr. 8 million zlotys (€ 2.25 mln.)

Really? Not a long time ago we've heard: "Low cost carriers are not any serious competitors for the legacy airlines".

johnref
20th Feb 2008, 17:34
Stepdaughter's boyfriend got cancelled out of Leeds last night with fog - no issues there or even with the fact he had no where to spend the night - he had a cheap fare and they are chances you take.

However they offered him tonights flight to Dublin FREE transfer - but charged him £50 to go on the morning flight. No logic there as on Ryanair website, pax canx out of Stansted were offered a free transfer to a flight of their choice.

I think he should go after Ryanair for a refund (they then charged him checkin desk fee charge today despite fact he had priority boarding last night) - I expect the usual get lost initial reply - can anyone give me tips (PM me if more appropriate) on what he needs to do to get this refund. He's only a student so cant afford it and their logic on this one seems totally flawed!

Weirder fact is despite being told flight CANX - Leeds Bradford website airport showed flight as leaving and DUblin airport website showed it as landing:hmm:

Thanks for any help offered

OltonPete
20th Feb 2008, 18:04
johnref

acarsd shows EI-DWX operated FR156 into Leeds last night and out again
as FR15N, which I assume was the FR157. If this was his flight then it operated but I have no idea of the Leeds schedule. The messages were timed 20.56 and 22.34.

Sounds as if he missed a shiny new 738 :cool:

Pete

johnref
20th Feb 2008, 19:58
Thanks for the info OltonPete. Now I'm even more confused.

He arrived at 7pm after online checkin - when he got to security they scanned and said 'hold on' - checked with a colleague and told him they thought it was cancelled! He went to ticket desk and they told him it was canx and then charged him for a rebooking. He had been sent out of airport by 7.15.

We were sitting in Ireland seeing it on dispays as running.

Sounds like total confusion in Leeds Bradford last night!

eu01
23rd Feb 2008, 06:57
Ryanair loves you, people, but everyone in a slightly different way...
Let's look at the FR news (UK version)
Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (22nd Feb) advised passengers not to get fleeced by the high fare airlines while the Ryanair.com booking system closes this weekend, as Ryanair.com will be back again on Monday evening to guarantee the lowest fares and on Tuesday, we will give away 1 million seats for 1p (including taxes and airport charges).
And the UK banner: "1 MILLION 1 p FLIGHTS. No hidden charges. Book from Tuesday"
But for Spain: "2 MILLION seats from 10 euros. No hidden charges. Book from Tuesday!"
The same for Italy, for Germany and France, however just: "1 MILLION seats from 10 euros."
For Hungarians it is 2500 forints, for Latvians 7 Lats.
For Sweden and Norwegians the offer is 80 krones, for Danish and Czechs just "Don't book with High Fare Airlines this weekend".

What slightly amuses me, is the currency exchange rate:
1 UK pence equals to 10 euros, 80 Swedish krones, 2500 Hungarian forints :eek: :}

randomair
23rd Feb 2008, 18:26
Here is a link to the telegraph which is reporting on Ryanair being forced to show all taxes in its advertised prices by the OFT.....ie no more 1p flights etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/748897/Ryanair-agrees-to-end-ads-for-%271p-flights%27.html

As a result their website has the booking function disabled. However If you visit th website there is quite an interesting and amusing banner, saying that there is going to be millions more 1p flights available after the weekend, and urging people not to book with the "high fare" airlines!! Pos a wee hint of desperation??
:}

edited spelling

Shamrock350
23rd Feb 2008, 18:30
Aer Lingus have taken advantage of their misfortune by launching a 4 day only sale.

chrism20
23rd Feb 2008, 21:57
I think the sale on Tuesday will be 1p total cost. They have done it a few times now. Great for day trips to places you've never been!

eu01
24th Feb 2008, 07:19
Aer Lingus have taken advantage of their misfortune by launching a 4 day only sale.
Not only them. Look at EZY: this weekend we’re so sure that we’re the cheapest place on the internet to book flights, that if you find it cheaper elsewhere, we’ll refund you triple the difference1.

This guarantee is only valid until midnight on Monday 25 February so hurry book now!
Until midnight on Monday 25 February... Just a coincidence? :}

Germanwings are launching its campaign too. Book from now till Sun at midnight and fly for free*. And the star means... "taxes, charges and passenger-related fees range from € 19,78 to a maximum of € 53,39 are not included in the price and must be paid in addition". What? Bad boys becoming good boys just to let the other bad boys in?

TartinTon
24th Feb 2008, 07:46
The Easyjet "guarantee" is a complete con.

It's a sale that includes the weekend but the small print says that if you find the fare cheaper on flights between the same points within an hour of the same flight times within an hour of making the booking you can claim the difference. The problem is that you can only claim between 9-5 Mon-Fri and they have to be able to find the same offer themselves!!! How the hell are they going to do that over the weekend when you can only claim between 9-5 Mon-Fri??

Bunch of rip-off artists :=:=:=

glasgowpik
24th Feb 2008, 11:22
Does anybody know what FR bases will be reinforced by the many aircrafts to be delivered next month?

BFS101
24th Feb 2008, 18:38
Ryanair website back up and running again!!
Apparently some cheap flights to be had...

toledoashley
24th Feb 2008, 19:21
£10 each way at the moment - so no cheeper than the usual.

Charlie Roy
24th Feb 2008, 20:42
"Find lowest fares" has disappeared on the new site.
The booking engine is now showing "Service unavailable".
Maybe overloaded by a stampede of people booking flights for tomorrow and Tuesday etc. etc.

Shanwickman
24th Feb 2008, 20:55
To find lowest fares select "Book Now" option on top of home page and then tick
"my travel dates are flexible"

SOTV
24th Feb 2008, 21:08
Well, last Thursday I booked a couple of returns from STN to LEI in April. Just checked tonight and it is 55 quid dearer.

:cool:

Charlie Roy
24th Feb 2008, 21:12
To find lowest fares select "Book Now" option on top of home page and then tick "my travel dates are flexible"

Thanks Shanwickman

anna_list
24th Feb 2008, 21:34
Dear Ryanair,

The following routes have all popped up in your booking engine. You might want to keep them under wraps until the official announcements:
PIK-GRX
CIA-BRQ
HHN-GRZ, SXF
EDI-SXF, BLL, BOH, BTS, NRN, KRK, LCJ, AGP, PMI, NYO, WRO
CRL-PMI
MRS-BVA
+ New Destination: Schedule Test (I hear it's nice there)
+ loads of old routes that have were dropped ages ago

KeyPilot
24th Feb 2008, 22:13
What an absolute mess. The layout on their website is a shambles, they still display the fares excl. taxes and charges, with a sort of pop-up box once a flight is selected which shows the full fare calculation. Why oh why couldn't they just show the one-way fare as the full price?

Profit warnings, OFT investigations, successfully sued by president of France, website down for several days, new site a shambles, rising fuel prices, ridiculously misleading marketing campaign, ...

Is the Ryanair/O'Leary bubble bursting?

Tom the Tenor
24th Feb 2008, 22:20
I think not. Oh, why cannot there be a Cork-Beauvais secretly hiding away in the booking engine!

schoolkid
24th Feb 2008, 22:31
why cannot there be a Cork-Beauvais secretly hiding away

But sure don't ye have SNN-BVA only up the road from yourselves if the EI fares get too much for you:E

But I have to agree that its unfortunate to see that the Ryanair site , particularly in regard to flight pricing is still as higgilly-piggly as ever!:8

ryanair1
25th Feb 2008, 01:03
New Edinburgh base - bookings on display on web but not yet live

EDI to PSA, PMI, POZ, MRS, SNN, NYO, AGP, LCJ, KRK, WRO, HHN, NRN, DUB, BTS, BOH, BRE, BLL, ALC and SXF

Ryanair website not actually live until morning of 26th Feb

Hold your horses!

Shanwickman
25th Feb 2008, 08:08
So much for improvements, the site is painfully slow today. Of course this could be caused by a huge booking demand after the shutdown.

ryanair1
25th Feb 2008, 08:12
Edinburgh base on web
New Edinburgh base - bookings on display on web but not yet live

EDI to PSA, PMI, POZ, MRS, SNN, NYO, AGP, LCJ, KRK, WRO, HHN, NRN, DUB, BTS, BOH, BRE, BLL, ALC and SXF

Ryanair website not actually live until morning of 26th Feb

Hold your horses!

jack_essex
25th Feb 2008, 08:44
I like the new 'Manage my booking' feature. You can now add bags, infants, sports equipment and musical instruments on the site rather that calling up or at the airport.

eu01
25th Feb 2008, 14:11
A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.A foretaste?

It's certainly too early to draw any conclusions, but the new website is... a meagre one. And it COULD turn out to be slower than its predecessor. Although I do not work as a programmer, I've made some intensive C++ and php programming in my career, so (not to be hasty) I'll be very reserved at present. There are already some issues to be pointed out, but let's wait at least until tomorrow...

SIERRATANGO99
25th Feb 2008, 14:44
isnt this a whole new res system though? hopefully its a website issue and not a res system database issue!

i would hope their operational guys and girls can get their PNLs and dispatch processes sorted out, knowing FR all that will be paper based anyway.:ok:

randomair
25th Feb 2008, 16:44
Booking a month in advance, with one check in bag, and checking in at airport.
Glasgow to London 20th March 2008 (chosen at random):

Ryanair: £43.23 STD 1015z (Fare £9.99 Tax £18.33 Baggage £9.00 Ins £5.91)

Easyjet: £33. 98 STD 0915z (Fare £9.00 Tax 15.00 Baggage £3.99 Ins £5.00)

BA: £41.60 STD 1030z (Fare £11.00 Tax £30.60 Ins inc)

The prices are all getting rather close....I know who I'd rather fly with. :}

eu01
25th Feb 2008, 17:06
Random, you say? Isn't it Easter time? :rolleyes:

randomair
25th Feb 2008, 17:11
Well I struggle to know the date of my birthday never mind easter...must of fluked it...nevertheless I don't think that It significantly effects the point I was trying to put across.

randomair

james170969
25th Feb 2008, 17:15
Is anyone having problems checking in online? I'm due to fly from Prestwick to Stansted tomorrow and I still can't check in online. I phoned Prestwick Airport and was told that to check in at the airport is free up until 11pm tonight after that it is £3 each way. However, if after 11pm it was not possible to check in online I was told to print off any on screen message and to bring it with me to the airport and I wouldn't be charged.

Coquelet
25th Feb 2008, 18:10
This morning, I have managed to receive and print the 4 boarding passes for a CRL-STN-DUB-STN-CRL next thursday.

james170969
25th Feb 2008, 18:31
Now I can't even get on to the website never mind check in online! :ugh: :{

eu01
25th Feb 2008, 18:41
On the booking front, the situation is rather... miserable. At least outside of the UK, where you get repeatedly messages like "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" as soon as you try to book (the issue has been verified by messages/forums in several countries). I can envisage a quasi-triumphant propaganda tomorrow: "due to unprecedented demand" (and so on), but later I can anticipate Navitaire (the software provider) being sued by Ryanair for the losses and damages brought about by the malfunctioning sales system. I just hope I'm wrong. :hmm:

en2r
25th Feb 2008, 19:22
Oh, why cannot there be a Cork-Beauvais secretly hiding away in the booking engine!
Tom, why would you want Ryanair to come and damage Aer Lingus's very successful Cork-Paris CDG route. Its one of Aer Lingus's best performing routes from Cork. Ryanair coming onto Beauvais probably wouldn't even increase passenger numbers significantly on Cork-Paris, but would only hurt Aer Lingus's loads and yield.

Tom the Tenor
25th Feb 2008, 20:04
The Aer Lingus fares are too expensive on Cork- CDG for at least the last two years. Now, I know ryan2000 made mention of it on this or the EI thread but some of my own relations have been comparing the EI fares from Cork to CDG and the FR fares from 'Th'Other Place' to BVA for April and May and the difference is just away too much. The EI fares from Cork to Paris are just far too high for folk with more modest budgets. It is not anything like business class seats my relations are looking for either for that matter.

The_Bean_Counter
25th Feb 2008, 20:35
Has anyone been able to get on to the website and finish a booking today ? I have been trying since lunchtime and still cant get through :ugh:

CorkEICK
25th Feb 2008, 20:38
Yes. Got confirmation email as well. However it took me approx 3 hours of constant trying. It should have take 2 minutes .

en2r
25th Feb 2008, 20:41
The Aer Lingus fares are too expensive on Cork- CDG for at least the last two years. Now, I know ryan2000 made mention of it on this or the EI thread but some of my own relations have been comparing the EI fares from Cork to CDG and the FR fares from 'Th'Other Place' to BVA for April and May and the difference is just away too much. The EI fares from Cork to Paris are just far too high for folk with more modest budgets. It is not anything like business class seats my relations are looking for either for that matter.
I will admit that Aer Lingus fares on Cork-Paris are quite high and during the summer in particular can verge on downright extortion. However, for the long term survival of the Aer Lingus base at Cork we need to have routes that are very profitable for the company. Perhaps a 3 or 4 times weekly service to Beauvais would be sustainable without damaging yield on Cork-CDG too much? .

ryan2000
25th Feb 2008, 20:53
Aerlingus are definietely milking it on ORK-CDG and making no effort to expand the frequency.
Excellent value can be got by booking in advance on their other ORK routes good deals are very rare on this route.

It's only a matter of time before Ryanair take them on in Cork so EI should look at their costs, particularly the outdated practice of putting crews up in local hotels. Is Cork an EI base or is it not?

en2r
25th Feb 2008, 20:59
It's only a matter of time before Ryanair take them on in Cork so EI should look at their costs, particularly the outdated practice of putting crews up in local hotels. Is Cork an EI base or is it not?
Most EI cabin crew and pilots are Cork based. However I don't think they have enough Cork based pilots in particular so they have to be supplemented at times with Dublin based crews put up in local hotels. They had a similiar practice when they first opened the Belfast base but I think all crew there are now locally based.

Stampe
25th Feb 2008, 21:15
RYR website appears TU at present impossible to progress beyond the earliest stages of the booking process.Someones going to feel the full fury of MOL tomorrow:)

jack_essex
26th Feb 2008, 07:12
The Ryanair website 'appears' to be fully functional at the moment at least. All pages load quickily and you can go through to the final stage of booking in just a few seconds. I will be booking flights later on so will let you know how it goes.

Stampe
26th Feb 2008, 07:23
Seems ok at present the following update is posted on the header page

"The new Ryanair.com website is now up and running. However, due to phenomenal demand some customers are experiencing some delays during the booking process. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and ask that customers bear with us during this time."

So as always with RYR a positive spin put on difficulties(phenomenal demand).Checked some prices for flights I,m interested in early June quite high prices..perhaps a change in pricing policy introduced at the same time??We live in interesting times.VBR Stampe

andrewmcharlton
26th Feb 2008, 09:23
The website is in a real mess.

Desperately slow, also IF you are lucky enough to get to a page to put your details in it tries to charge you random insurance premiums even when none is selected and then it simply falls down.

Desperate.

EGAC_Ramper
26th Feb 2008, 09:52
Well booking through Easyjet aswell they automatically add on insurance cover, to which you have to DESELECT it.

Regards

andrewmcharlton
26th Feb 2008, 10:08
Deselecting it makes no difference. I sat and watched the amount refresh on the screen in front of me to different amounts without any user intervention.

They have some serious glitches.

ESCNI
26th Feb 2008, 10:13
Yesterday, their new website contained the automatic inclusion of taxes and passenger duties but today it seems to have gone...

...or did I just dream it?

:confused:

kingston_toon
26th Feb 2008, 11:29
Correct... the first evening it went live, the taxes and charges would show on the flight select screen once you selected. Now, they only show on the next page once you've chosen your flights (just like the old days in fact!).

What's happened to the 1p offer? I'd have thought there would have been info on routes / dates etc, but the banner on the front page remains unclickable.

The old site was far far better... you could use "find lowest fares" to check their entire route network across 3 weeks from London in 20 mins or so - now it takes a lot lot longer, and you can't even click "back" after selecting a fare without the "POSTDATA" box popping up.

jack_essex
26th Feb 2008, 11:33
This is so frustrating. The website takes around 5 minutes just to show details of a flight, and then times out before you can even go the the next stage of booking. There are no details of how to get these '1p' flights and I'm lucky if the homepage will load at all. At the moment I do not want to send my credit card details through their website if the page is constantly timing out.

eu01
26th Feb 2008, 12:11
Yesterday, their new website contained the automatic inclusion of taxes and passenger duties but today it seems to have gone...

...or did I just dream it?
This is so frustrating. The website takes around 5 minutes just to show details of a flight, and then times out before you can even go the the next stage of booking. At the moment I do not want to send my credit card details through their website if the page is constantly timing out.
I bet they are swearing and damning and desperately trying to get the booking pages work in any possible way. Don't blame them today. There is, however, a catch. They have probably bet on a lame rooster. As cautious and leery :) with the investments as MOL can be...

Just think. The Ryanair's policy has traditionally been to avoid main airports, because they are too big, too expensive, too unefficient. So why on Earth did they decide to rely upon Microsoft-based software? Big, expensive, unefficient. And, above all, resource-hungry. The hardware that you could have used with Linux or even W2k will be far too insufficient with all these new MS- technologies requiring XP or even Vista.

Nobody's infallible, but FR has just made some wrong decisions; concerning the routes development, the relations with their customers, now this BIG FLOP (as it seems).

According to FR news: “Our new, improved booking engine will enable us to welcome millions of additional passengers as we double in size to 100m passengers per annum.

I think they have painted themselves into a corner and that will cost them much (in many ways).

schoolkid
26th Feb 2008, 12:43
I fear we may have seen the end of the infamous 1p flights....:{
When you move through to the payment stage the usual credit card fees are ready to be applied!!!

Guess it was too good to be true:E

belfastmark
26th Feb 2008, 12:53
book with a visa electron! thye dont charge for that!!!!

managed to get bhd-stn return on the 2nd april for..... NOTHING absolutly nothing!! this reconfirms why i love Ryanair:)

LGS6753
26th Feb 2008, 12:59
There seems to be a monumental glitch in progress.
First, it took 7 minutes to load the site, now I am on my nth attempt to access the booking engine (I guess it's a booking glider at present!).
There is a spreadsheet-type document, accessible from the homepage, that shows the route availability of the 1p fares, but there are no other clues as to their availability:
- every day or Mon-Thu & Sat?
- from now onwards or between certain dates in March and April?
- when does the offer close?
- has it even started yet?

Looking at the spreadsheet, I note that the routes covered are nowhere near the whole network, (3 out of 12 destinations from my local Ryanairport) so I guess people may be disappointed. Also, if there are 1 million 1p fares available, that's equivalent to every seat on every flight for a week. To offer a million seats on say 25% of the network means that on those routes, all seats will be at 1p for four weeks!
I just wonder if there really will be a million seats at this price, or whether this is just hype.

Still, if you can't book them, it's irrelevant.:ugh:

The_Bean_Counter
26th Feb 2008, 13:09
The banner on the home page says Tuesday and Wednesday only

MarkD
26th Feb 2008, 13:10
shoulda taken all three days for testing fellas!

instead they rushed it back into service with predictable results. :{

eu01
26th Feb 2008, 13:23
shoulda taken all three days for testing fellas!
It's not about testing. If you want to use your "old" average hardware, you have to work with a very efficient software. If you decided to purchase and run the resource-waisting software, you have to put millions to upgrade your "old" good hardware. That's how it works.

LGS6753
26th Feb 2008, 13:27
Re my previous post, the availability of the "1 million" flights is now showing. As the Bean Counter says, it's Tuesday & Wednesday only, and for three months (Apr-Jun).
The number of routes showing this fare available is very small, with only four routes (out of 94) from Stansted, 5/35 at EMA, 2/42 at Liverpool, 1/13 at Luton, 4/20 at Bristol, 11/84 at Dublin, and so on.

I still question whether this amounts to anything like 1,000,000 seats.

cougafer
26th Feb 2008, 14:12
Has anyone tried booking with Maestro?
I've just tried to book BHD-STN-BHD but it says that the number for my "Mastero" as they spell it is "too short" despite it being IDENTICAL to what is on the card :uhoh:

How frustrating!

P.S. when did they start charging you to use Maestro? the last flights I booked with FR didn't have a card charge...

jack_essex
26th Feb 2008, 15:31
'Has anyone tried booking with Maestro?

I haven't even been able to enter a credit card number at all yet! I can get as far as the final price (Stage 3 Confirm) and then when you select the 'I agree terms and conditions' button to go to enter the pax details it completely freezes and then just times out.

pjjc38
26th Feb 2008, 16:50
Have tried to book on Ryanair's website - can't even get betond the first page - soooo sloooow in loading - I've given up!

MAN777
26th Feb 2008, 17:12
I have also given up, if anyone from Ryanair is reading this,

"your new site is **** !!"

Sorry to post such a strong comment on an open forum, but I have no alternative because you cant even be bothered to have an email address to complain to and I am certainly not going to ring a premium number to tell you so !:confused::confused::confused::ugh::ugh::ugh:

chrism20
26th Feb 2008, 17:20
Yep I have spent an hour trying to book flights that are not even in the ruddy penny sale and have given up. I managed to get to the bit where you enter your card details and it went radio rental. Sod this it's not worth it

Devonair
26th Feb 2008, 17:28
I just booked a flight with flybe, couldn't get any prices on ryanair. I think somebody is in real trouble!

chrism20
26th Feb 2008, 17:37
Exactely, every airline CEO in Europe must be sitting back at the moment and having a good chuckle to themselves thinking FR's day has finally come.

Charlie Roy
26th Feb 2008, 17:42
I just booked a flight with flybe, couldn't get any prices on ryanair

It'd be interesting to know to what extend Flybe, Aer Lingus, Easyjet (and the other half of Europe's airlines which compete on Ryanair's routes) have seen an increase in bookings the last few days.
No doubt they're laughing all the way to the bank :E

befree
26th Feb 2008, 17:52
Ryanair make the best profits for those who book on the day. That is why it was done at the weekend. I suspect the MOL drove a hard deal to get a good price for the new software. A broken booking system is going to be costly. It would be a good time for some easyjet offers.

chrism20
26th Feb 2008, 18:08
Well it's now 7pm on a Tuesday night and it hasn't worked right since then back end of last week. Something clearly isn't right, one thing is for sure they must now be losing a packet!

ryanairbitch
26th Feb 2008, 18:13
You could try pen and paper

besj
26th Feb 2008, 18:26
The new site must surely be one of the bigger e-commerce disasters in the latest years. I still have not seen anything about in the on-line news.
I believe someone will be sweating a lot right now.
Also I do not understand why Ryanair does not have a roll back plan in place. Given that they book appr 50 million passengers a year they would book on average 136000 flights a day. They are probably losing 100 000 bookings each day now...
Where is the contingency plan the PR department asks the airports about?

BKS Air Transport
26th Feb 2008, 19:28
Well I've just booked a nice number for 3 of us to do a day return Leeds-Dublin in April...cost 6p (+£6 card fee).

Gaza
26th Feb 2008, 19:36
The new site must surely be one of the bigger e-commerce disasters in the latest years. I still have not seen anything about in the on-line news.
I believe someone will be sweating a lot right now.
Also I do not understand why Ryanair does not have a roll back plan in place.

There must have been an enormous amount of penny-pinching. From what others have said it looks as though they may be using the infrastructure for the new website/booking system. That adds an enormous amount of risk to the projet. In an ideal world the new system would be built on a new production platform and existing data migrated across. Once the migration was complete the new servers would be added to the network and begin taking bookings.

LGS6753
26th Feb 2008, 19:44
I have been trying to book 8 flights since 1pm, and so far failed to get anywhere.
By my reckoning, this is costing Ryanair about £7m per day!

CorkEICK
26th Feb 2008, 20:23
Well some of ye are either very unlucky, dont have broadband or are doing something wrong. I have booked 5 different sets of return flts since 5pm yesterday. I admit first set took nearly 3hrs of trying but since 6pm today I booked 2 sets in the same time as I wud have early last week. Also managed to get one "free" return trip dublin cork and didint even get charged the credit card fee!! However they rectified that glitch quickly...1

True Blue
26th Feb 2008, 20:30
I just can't understand why you bother at all. think on how much time you have wasted on trying to book. Why not go and book with a decent airline?

True Blue

randomair
26th Feb 2008, 22:07
I don't get it; you select a 1p flight(that was advertised) then on the next screen you get the tax added on. Was that not the very reason that the OFT made them change their website?

Charlie Roy
27th Feb 2008, 00:53
The new version of "Find lowest fares" is crap!

You need to click on a day before seeing all flights on that day.
Next week and Previous week buttons only half work. They always skip one day of the week, since the overview only shows 6 days and a week has 7 days. :ugh:

Majour disappointment :(

eu01
27th Feb 2008, 04:16
The new version of "Find lowest fares" is crap! Major disappointment
For most of us, yes.

And Ryanair people thought it would comply with an Office of Fair Trading instruction to display all prices inclusive of tax and charges, do they? In fact, the full price of the flight displays PRECISELY AT THE SAME STAGE OF THE BOOKING. The only change is related to the fact that having CHOSEN the flight you are able to see the taxes/fees related to it (and only to THIS ONE) and the rest of the page doesn't change (still showing other flights without taxes) while formerly after chosen your flight you were re-directed to another page. Otherwise, the informative side of the booking system is worse, definitively.

I generally sympathetise with the low-cost flights idea, but that move has been, unfortunately, the next big disappointment on the part of Ryanair. As far as I have read the opinions and discussions on the net, most of the customers share my view.

frfly
27th Feb 2008, 06:42
listen to yourselves....do you really think ryanair care about the opinions of people? All they care about is getting pax onboard their aircraft and selling them all the add ons such as bags, PB, excess, onboard catering etc. even making money off the onboard marketing from other companies. So they might not go about it in the best way, but they have one of the highest load factors (and lets remember they use 189 seaters, not 150 or less like your average lcc) and they offer the cheapest fares, fact.

If you dont like ryanair fair play, but they have made travel accessible to everyone, and they should be credited for that. People just dont like to see success, thats a shame.

On another matter, I just booked 3 rtn flights from PIK to ORK for £0.06!

UPS@EMA
27th Feb 2008, 07:57
Just seen on the availability chart on Ryanair.com and states there are 1p flights from EMA to Vasteras, i also saw on the destination list in the book now list stating Santiago de Compostela. these are 2 routes not operated by FR from EMA. Are we expecting an announcement soon?

Cheers Stu

lexoncd
27th Feb 2008, 08:24
I have a feeling the "new system" to meet the Trading standard requirments might meet a few problems. Sure when you finally select a flight the price comes up but that is in breech of the rules.

At the time of selection the full price isn't shown.

Sorry Mick letter off to Bruce to ask him to slap your wrists.....not that you'll do anything until you've milked the publicity.

EGAC_Ramper
27th Feb 2008, 09:15
We flew to santiago previously out of EMA during summer of last year. But I aint heard anything of this nor Vasteras.

Regards

ESCNI
27th Feb 2008, 09:21
"Account number is too short"

...no, it isn't. It's 16 digits like every other card in my wallet!

:*

WTF, is going on?

take-off
27th Feb 2008, 09:25
Well this must be the funniest thing ive read in a thread in a while... found in cardiff thread...
....."Mr O'leary you can stick your airline up your arse"
:E:eek::eek:

Well made me chuckle

p.s maybe pax could email MOL this over the shocking 'new' website!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh: 35 minutes to get a price for blk - gir and im on broadband 10mb!!! failed to get a price just got sent back to home page....:ugh:

randomair
27th Feb 2008, 12:49
http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=59778&d=254&h=260&f=3

:=

Gaza
27th Feb 2008, 14:17
I have a feeling the "new system" to meet the Trading standard requirments might meet a few problems. Sure when you finally select a flight the price comes up but that is in breech of the rules.

At the time of selection the full price isn't shown.

The Ryanir site is operating in EXACTLY the same way as flybe. The true cost is only shown once a flight is selected.

pee
27th Feb 2008, 14:54
listen to yourselves....do you really think ryanair care about the opinions of people? All they care about is getting pax onboard their aircraft and selling them all the add ons such as bags, PB, excess, onboard catering etc. even making money off the onboard marketing from other companies. So they might not go about it in the best way, but they have one of the highest load factors (and lets remember they use 189 seaters, not 150 or less like your average lcc) and they offer the cheapest fares, fact.

If you dont like ryanair fair play, but they have made travel accessible to everyone, and they should be credited for that. People just dont like to see success, thats a shame.
Now wait a minute! Many of us do appreciate Ryanair's way of making business, we have also learned to value the price-level, many estimate the other carriers' fares in relation to FR rock-bottom standard, why not like their success in general. The real problem is, in my opinion, just what you've said: "do you really think ryanair care about the opinions of people?". And that's the core of this issue. It might become more and more chalenging for them to get pax onboard their aircraft if they still disregard these opinions. Never underestimate other people, they might vote against you (with their feet and money as well), the competition doesn't sleep. While they do not usually sell 1penny flights, they may at least pretend to care about you. And nobody likes to be cheated. When they promise you to show the entire price of the flight and you notice that all changes were less-than-virtual, do you like it? You still have to search one-by-one to find the 1p flights without tax and distinguish them from 1p flights with tax, so where is this clarity and simplicity promised? O'Leary build this airline from scratch and made it very convincingly, all honour goes to him. At this stage however, he showed a lack of the fineness in the relation to customers. That really doesn't pay.
I've observed a slow, but clear fall in load factors on many routes, it should be a warning, but the explanation is always related to something else (as we hear), the passengers are very satisfied, as they say. Are we? Or perhaps, the route policy based on some research rather than only on joining the "deal-prone" airports with themselves would work better? For example, which is better: to link cold Finland with wet Liverpool (because there is a 'trusted' airport), to fly half-empty and to retreat very soon or perhaps would it be smarter to fly well-paying passengers from cold Scandinavia to sunny Southern Italy? Or what was the sense of initiating fligths from Germany to Billund amidst winter, when the Legoland was closed, just because BLL has offered some kind of a deal? Even combined with 1-cent offer it didn't fill the planes. Think a bit different, I say, and listen. Just listen to your passengers. If you think the "free" flights will be enough, you are wrong. People might prefer to pay a little bit more just to get something more. Here in Finland people speak English, but booking in foreign language scares away, it's too stressful for many. Was it really so costful to keep Finnish language version going? A minor issue, you can say. But the life (and our decision making) are usually based on minor matters, don't you think?

My advice to FR: don't overestimate yourselves and do not think your customers are not smart enough, do not daunt them.

MAN777
27th Feb 2008, 15:53
Pee - very well said

Interesting article from this site

http://www.uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-260208a.htm

I was wondering why launch a 1p offer at the same time as a website relaunch, it was asking for an overload:rolleyes:

jack_essex
27th Feb 2008, 18:53
Well another competely frustrating day trying to book FR flights. After trying to book flights (final stage clicking confirm/pay now) it was just hanging for around 30 MINUTES and then just timed out. You cannot even search for any flights at the moment, it just brings up a blank page.

eu01
27th Feb 2008, 19:23
How did I know (posted over 2 weeks ago)?

Ryanair heavily depending on the M$-based software? That will certainly cost them a bit and could force to upgrade the hardware as well. And it also gives some hints why the switch to this new software has already been postponed... :E
Sooner or later the users' activity level will return to normal and... you know what? The website will remain slower than before (my bet).

pee
28th Feb 2008, 10:02
Something from Sweden (I do not live in a Swedish-speaking region of Scandinavia, but feel obliged to understand the neighbours' language as well).
Ryanair-chef dansar i t-banan

Ryanairs Nordeuropachef drar på sig kjol för att locka resenärer. Klockan 14 på torsdagen uppträder Wilhelm Hamilton med säckpipa i Stockholms tunnelbana.
Ryanair's Northern Europe Manager Wilhelm Hamilton will dance with bagpipes in Stockholm underground today (at 2PM) :p

The event's intention is to celebrate a new route from Stockholm to Edinburgh. Sadly, he will not be dancing together with Mr. O'Leary, but hopefully will be able to represent him well. :ok:

VanBosh
28th Feb 2008, 11:32
EDI Base announced as expected:

Destination
Starts
Frequency

Destination
Starts
Frequency
Alicante
Mar 08
4 x week

Lodz
Sep 08
2 x week
Berlin
Sep 08
4 x week

Malaga
Sep 08
4 x week
Billund
Sep 08
3 x week

Marseille
Apr 08
2 x week
Bournemouth
Sep 08
13 x week

Palma
Sep 08
3 x week
Bremen
Apr 08
2 x week

Pisa
Apr 08
3 x week
Bratislava
Sep 08
4 x week

Poznan
Sep 08
3 x week
Dublin
Operating
3 x day

Shannon
Operating
4 x week
Dusseldorf
Jun 08
2 x week

Stockholm
Sep 08
4 x week
Frankfurt
Apr 08
3 x week

Wroclaw
Sep 08
2 x week
Krakow
Sep 08
3 x week

goldeneye
28th Feb 2008, 12:17
Malaga, Palma and the already anounced Alicante are really going to hurt GSM, plus the EZY flights to ALC & PMI

They seen to be going after EZY & Jet2 with Krakow and Pisa respectively. Good to see them flying to BOH as it may encourage BE to drop there fares a bit on the SOU flights as they have hiked since the buyout of BA Connect.

Charlie Roy
28th Feb 2008, 14:05
ORK - Malta

CRL - Bratislava, Gdansk, Krakow, Marrakech, Palma, Poznan, Riga, Santander

ATHENS - Dublin, Liverpool

jack_essex
28th Feb 2008, 16:31
Does anyone know why Ryanair have suddenly stopped accepting Visa Electon cards? I only use my Visa Electron card for buying flights as they do not charge a booking fee. I booked flights 2 days ago through their site with no problems. Now I keep getting the message saying we cannot currently accept SOLO cards even though it is an electron. Is this strange considering this is the only card that does not include a booking fee??? Trying to book 7 flights to DUB would cost 0.14 return inc all taxes and charges using an Electron card, if you pay by VISA it would be £42.14! I will just leave it. Before it is asked, I know there is nothing wrong with my card LOL.

anna_list
28th Feb 2008, 16:48
From the same source (I think - thanks to eu01!):

https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/FRRetrieveBooking.aspx?culture=FR-FR&pos=HEAD

DUB - Altenburg AOC
VLC - Aarhus AAR
STN - Clermont Ferrand CFE (was operated back in 2003)

And the previously mentioned
MRS - BVA
HHN - SXF
HHN - GRZ
PIK - GRX

RAT 5
28th Feb 2008, 16:57
Jack E. I've had similar problem trying to use a Vias Direct debit card in the past. Not accepted, but saying it was an ordinary Visa card rewarded me with the delight of a full booking fee. Trying to contact RYR about this scam is like trying to find light in a black hole. Charging a fee for each ticket/sector is a scam as the credit card charge is per transaction. It's a hidden tax.

Meanwhile; if a pilot endangered the airline's profits and scraped an a/c in the way this website has crashed I know the outcome. Wonder who's head is gravitating towards the guillotine over this? If at all. I assume it is out sourced. The sight of MOL spitting ball bearings at someone he can not fire would make the best TV ever.

eu01
28th Feb 2008, 16:59
Does anyone know why Ryanair have suddenly stopped accepting Visa Electron cards?
I think they do not bother to accept the payments for 1-penny flights if you don't give them a chance to earn at all. I bought a flight for 20 euros - no problem. Then I tried to buy a return flight for 0,02 euros (no luggage, no insurance, nothing) - the Visa Electron card could not be accepted. To some extent one can understand it; 1-penny flight - it really is a kind of nonsense.
I think - thanks to eu01! If you mean luchtzak... probably yes :ok:

jack_essex
28th Feb 2008, 17:07
Thanks for your replies. I see what your saying, it is just so frustrating. I bet if I go to book a flight for £10 +++ then there will be no problems. I guess I'm not the only one who can't seem to book these penny flights with an Electron card.

BOU_PAX
28th Feb 2008, 17:08
https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/FRRetrieveBooking.aspx?culture=FR-FR&pos=HEAD
also showing BOH-MAD and BOH-SNN which are both currently inactive routes.

Read into that what you will, could just be legacy settings left over from the old EPOS system or about to be reintroduced as summer destinations?

VanBosh
28th Feb 2008, 17:27
not sure about the validity of these routes to be honest. I reckon some are just left over from the old engine. E.G Dub - ATH & LPL - ATH. These are the two routes which were flown for last years champions league final.

Based
28th Feb 2008, 17:35
Soon to be announced
ORK - Malta

CRL - Bratislava, Gdansk, Krakow, Marrakech, Palma, Poznan, Riga, Santander

ATHENS - Dublin, Liverpool

Whatever about the others, I think it's more likely the Dublin & Liverpool routes to Athens are appearing due to the special flights they put on from both airports for the Champions League Final last year rather than being imminent new route announcements.

28th Feb 2008, 18:07
There are a fair few other cancelled routes like Shannon-Madrid and Knock-Gatwick in there too.

FA10
28th Feb 2008, 18:38
Friedrichshafen - Pisa, which also appears on the booking engine, was opertated last summer for a short time with rather limited success.
I don´t think they will try again!

ryan2000
28th Feb 2008, 18:43
An interesting choice, probably operated by the based 738 I'd imagine.

eu01
28th Feb 2008, 18:45
It really appears to be the mix of some old discontinued and brand new yet undisclosed routes. That's why I'd rather concentrate on those airports where you can see many "all-new" routes, the most interesting one being Brussels-Charleroi.

GLA1
28th Feb 2008, 19:38
Don't know if this is all part of the problem with the "new" website, but was interested in trying to get some of the £10 inc taxes seats on the new edi-agp service as promoted on the news page but doesn't look as if these services have been added yet. They don't appear in the timetable or the booking engine.:ugh:

andrewmcharlton
28th Feb 2008, 20:05
Has the Dublin - Shannon service ended all of a sudden ? Have I missed something ?

en2r
28th Feb 2008, 21:44
Ryanair managed to axe the route quietly on February 4th without most of the local media even noticing. The announcement was hidden in an announcement for a new route to Palma. From what I heard loads rarely if ever went above the 50-60 range. Basically the 738 was too big for the route.

UPS@EMA
29th Feb 2008, 07:14
Also showing is EMA - Santiago de Compostela in the booking system and on the 1p availability spreadsheet, it was showing EMA - Stockholm Vasteras

Regards

Stu

shamrock7seal
29th Feb 2008, 07:38
i have the utmost respect for ryanair

but

still not able to book new edinburgh flights on the website, unless i go behind the scenes - majority of people dont know how to do that so they are certainly missing thousands of bookings related to the EDI base announcement

ryanairbitch
1st Mar 2008, 18:15
'A doctor is threatening to take budget airline Ryanair to court for allegedly throwing him off a flight for talking during the safety briefing'. SkyNews

Is this guy being for real? I don't mind if people do not listen to the demo, but what I care about is people who talk and put off other passengers. Well done to the crew for telling him then offloading him :D

As someone who works for Ryanair, we do feel very stong about safety, safety comes first everytime no matter what some of the press may think.

RyanairBitch

RAT 5
2nd Mar 2008, 10:41
Something sounds not quite right. Safety demo done during taxi, generally. Captain would make final decision. Thus it would mean stopping the a/c; going into long discussion; opening the door or returning to stand; delaying the flight etc. etc. I doubt that would be the action taken for the alleged offence.

EC-ILS
2nd Mar 2008, 10:51
The doors are normally closed during the safety demo but if the aircraft had a slot it may have been sitting at the gate for a while.

JadeGoody
2nd Mar 2008, 11:07
According to the schedule. NRN-VXO is reducing from 4 weekly to 2 weekly?The the other two slots will be used to NRN-EDI . anyone heard abt it?

egnxema
2nd Mar 2008, 12:51
During the safety demo on my flight STN DUB last Saturday the voiceover was stopped and the CC member in the centre of the cabin rebuked 2 women who were chatting loudly and laughing during the demo. I thought he was spot on to do that! He then turned to a guy on the other side of the aisle and told him to stop chatting too. The other crew members stood and patiently waited.

I highly commend all members of crew with the professionalism (and courage) to do that.

When we consider 2 accidents in the past couple of years (AF A340 YYZ and BA B777 LHR) all pax and crew have evac'd safely. It is a sobering reminder that the safety demo is there for a very real purpose.

Although many frequent fliers could maybe get up and do the demo them selves, I always use it as a time to actively look and spot which is my nearest exit, even counting the rows.

If it is now FR policy to stop the demo and demand pax pay attn to the demo then WELL DONE RYANAIR!:ok:

kestrel757
2nd Mar 2008, 17:16
A phone-in on one of my local UK radio stations a couple of days ago was from a supposed doctor who claimed he had been offloaded by Ryanair for refusing to stop talking during the safety briefing despite being first warned. Claimed he was "within his rights......etc."

He did not seem to enjoy much support from other listeners. Seems this could be the same person referred to by ryanairbitch. Hard to imagine any court supporting him but who knows these days in this crazy world of human rights?

MarkD
2nd Mar 2008, 19:37
good on the CC - was on Air Transat from PUJ-YYZ recently and the CC had to get quite firm with people standing up during the (long) taxi to stand at Pearson.

boyzinblue
3rd Mar 2008, 14:54
see ryanair have applied to operate a kerry-dublin service. I can not believe there are serious with such a route, since snn-dub was cancelled after only 3 months. I think a bit of PR against aerarann. they state that aerarann should not receive any more PSO subsidies.

en2r
3rd Mar 2008, 19:38
see ryanair have applied to operate a kerry-dublin service. I can not believe there are serious with such a route, since snn-dub was cancelled after only 3 months.
Kerry is a good bit further from Dublin than Shannon is. The problem with SNN-DUB was that Dublin was to close to Limerick. Trains from Limerick to Dublin take as little as 2 hours 20 minutes. By the time you'd get to Shannon, probably be there an hour before the flight, take the 45 minute flight and then get from Dublin airport to the city centre (at least 45 minutes during the peek periods the flights operated at), it clearly made little sense to fly. Tralee-Dublin on the train takes 4 hours, nearly twice as long. KIR-DUB would undoubtedly be far more popular than SNN-DUB.
Also Ryanair operate Cork-Dublin flights quite successfully. Admittedly it has taken a while for the service to become established against the popular Aer Arann service. However they now seem to be doing quite well with their 5 times daily service.

Charlie Roy
4th Mar 2008, 00:12
Ryanair would also receive PSO subsidies for every passenger carried on KIR-DUB, unlike SNN-DUB.

DW11
4th Mar 2008, 07:48
Arann have the PSO contract for DUB-KIR. Ryanair can operate the route but will receive no PSO subsidy.

4th Mar 2008, 07:51
The PSOs are up for new bids this year. I would imagine Ryanair would bid for it. Because of the way they're bundled and because of runway restrictions at other airports, all they could really bid for is Kerry and the Knock/Derry combo. Even with a subsidy, I'd say the latter is too thin for a 737-800.

the_fish@blueyonder.
4th Mar 2008, 13:39
Have FR dropped the PIK-KUN (Kaunas) route?

I've been trying to look for prices in April for this route, but it keeps saying no flights aviable for several days on either side of my desired dates, searching the timetable seems to come up with nothing aswell, even on the days of the week which the flight is supposed to operate.

The last flight I seem to be able to book is the 26th March, which is, unfortunatly no good for me, even though the fare is 1p! :sad:

Seat62K
4th Mar 2008, 19:18
I may have missed it, but no-one seems to have mentioned that Ryanair now allows online check-in up to five days in advance, instead of the former two. This is, I think, good news.
However, I thought that it would allow me to check in online for a return flight for which I had paid a 3 euro airport check in fee but I was mistaken. Does anyone know why, if you've paid the airport check in fee, you can't check in online?
(I also agree that it is much more difficult to find the lowest fares. I'm inclined to think that this is intentional; I seem to remember that the same thing happened when BA made changes to ba.com.)

paarmo
4th Mar 2008, 20:19
Mr Ryan didn't bother sending his aircraft to MME today for the first flight of the season to ALC. He didn't bother telling lots of passengers either. Result chaos and lots of very unhappy people with resulting bad publicity for MME.
Dosen't seem to matter about paying for check in when you haven't got anything to load your bags onto.

Stewart28
5th Mar 2008, 11:38
I read on Ryanairs website that they want the PSO scrapped, does that mean they wanted to do a route from Derry to Dublin.

iwak
5th Mar 2008, 11:57
I see Knock is showing LGW as a route option if you click the red "book now" on the home page .It has been present since they changed the booking engine.Anybody know if its going to be reintroduced?

eu01
5th Mar 2008, 18:39
Are your travel dates flexible? Well, yours might be, RYR's flexibility however has finally gone. "Find lowest fares" function fell victim to the web site revolution first and then the catastrophic failure of a booking system has been reverted only by... systematically cutting all of the functionality that the customers might have appreciated. Today there are no more obstacles while finalizing the booking process - at a price, however. You, the passenger, have to search better fares one-by-one, day after day like you used to many, many years ago... By the way, the system is still unable to show you the total price before you make the selection. But actually, what to select? There is only one choice at a time now (unless there are multiple daily flights to a destination). And still you can't see the price before you... hmm, select the flight. Anybody confused why the load factors are falling?

lexoncd
5th Mar 2008, 19:26
I think trading standards will look into the site functionality following comments from competitors and consumers alike......

kingdee
5th Mar 2008, 23:53
But this new website is like going back 10 years .Mr , O, leary
1. Bring back the function to search each month .
2. cut the crap about the box on the right hand side showing full price
3. Take a look at jet2 or even Monarch or Easy jet they promote a fact that they offer a low fare finder inclusive of taxes

O,leary i know how the business works but your it dept is screwing up big time x

pee
6th Mar 2008, 10:35
People really do appreciate all shades of honesty in general, especially such values like openness and straightfordwardness. Maybe not always, but in most cases Ryanair does have the lowest fares, so why are they so afraid to show the complete fare at the very beginning of the booking process? Want to show your customers that the passenger pays more taxes than the actual fare is? No problem. Show the total price first, then let the passenger select his flight and after one click simply show the breakdown. Say, the 1 euro flight fare + 19 euros fees and taxes, it won't look bad, will it? But the display order should be just that: total price first. They could even try to impress their new clients by doing something else. Full fare showing first; make a click: the fare beakdown coming as follows: The flight fare 10 euros, taxes and fees 19 euros, subtotal: -9 euros. The difference paid by: Ryanair. Great, isn't it? But definitely, show the full fare first.

tommiees
6th Mar 2008, 11:13
I booked a Ryanair flight yesterday evening and still have not received the confirmation email. Stupidly enough I did not take note of my confirmation number. Anyone know what I should do to get my confirmation number? Is it usual to still have not got a confirmation email a full day after booking?

pee
6th Mar 2008, 12:59
Just look at your bank account data / credit card receipt, the booking number is a part of it.

en2r
6th Mar 2008, 15:58
Is it usual to still have not got a confirmation email a full day after booking?
Yes this has happened to me a number of times. I think this is a glitch in the system. If you don't have time to wait for the credit card stmt you can ring Visa or whoever your credit card is with and ask them what theconfirmation number is

tommiees
6th Mar 2008, 16:33
Thanks for the advice. I suppose there is little point in contacting Ryanair since they never seem to answer the phone.

boyzinblue
6th Mar 2008, 17:29
Ryanair advising customers may find their confirmation showing ADT in the name and not to worry. 10 days after the "upgrade" they still have not sorted out their "minor" problems. :ugh:
No low fares finder! What are they at!! Bring back the old website!!:D

pee
7th Mar 2008, 08:29
Please don't tell me I'm biased or dislike Ryanair. I do like them. In fact that's why I'm concerned. In my opinion some aspects of their policy are very unwise and that could cost them dear. Why do I think so? Just take a look at some bad signs.No-frills airline Easyjet saw passenger numbers rise by 22.4% in February with its planes also flying fuller.

Total passengers carried rose to 3.24m from 2.65m. Easyjet's own passengers rose 14.8% to 3.04m from 2.65m the year before. The load factor rose by 1.4 percentage points to 84.3% for its own fleet and 1.8 percentage points to 84.6% overall.Low-fares airline Ryanair Holdings PLC said it carried 20 pct more passengers in February than a year earlier, but added that its load factor during the month fell by two percentage points.

The Irish carrier's passenger traffic during the month rose to 3.84 mln from 3.21 mln last February, while its load factor fell to 75 pct from 77 pct.
The trend is worrying for Ryanair (or at least I would feel uneasy in their position). My assertion is that they should start to care much more about what their passengers have to say. Nobody cannot decide by force where the passengers' streams should go. The carrier should plan the route network basing on some research not just on the wishful thinking (and the airport deals). It will not fill the planes. Neither the 1-penny flights. A time to reassess an rethink some issues, maybe? With the route policy on the upfront, don't you think?

frfly
7th Mar 2008, 10:48
I can see your concern, but I'm not sure a 2 point drop in load factor calls for a time to majorly rethink Ryanair's route policy. I think people forget, FR have 189 seats to fill, compared to EZY's 156, 33 seats is a lot. FR are carrying 142 pax on average compared to EZY's 132.

You also must remember this is the winter we are talking about. FR will smash EZY in the summer with their PAX numbers due to those extra 33 seats.

Ryanair's policy at the present seems to be expand rapidly into new markets, with 2 a/c bases in order to push competition into failing. It's actually just very clever business. MOL was right to say that in a few years time there will only be 2 major LCC's, FR and EZY. The others dont have the brand power or strength in markets outside of their own to compete. Ryanair are simply now pushing this into reality. Centralwings will be the first to go, followed by other small and struggling airlines; that will either be swallowed up by larger airlines or just left to bleed money. Ryanair will begin to slowly push into competing markets, such as holiday routes (EDI -ALC/PMI/AGP, STN-PMI/ALC etc.) in order to drive competition out.

Its a shame to see smaller LCC's disappear, but its just a cold hard fact of business. FR and EZY are the Tesco and Asda's of the skies......

befree
7th Mar 2008, 17:06
The load factors in 2008 are 2% less than 2007, which were 2% less than 2006. Easyjet are expanding more slowly but keeping the planes fuller. Traveling light without bags is more of a summer thing. I am sure Ryanairs load factor will track around 2% below last years and Easyjet will do just as well as the year before.

An early Easter means everyone is going to well in March. The Airlines must like well spaced hols.

honest man
7th Mar 2008, 21:12
If PIK-KUN is dropped i thought there might have been a replacement announced

cesare.caldi
7th Mar 2008, 21:58
Rumors from a spanish forum: Ryanair will open SDR-CRL and SDR-NRN from october 2008 and SDR-BVA from spring of 2009

tommiees
8th Mar 2008, 07:24
My confirmation email finally arrived today 3 days after I booked my flights! I guess it spent along time in cyberspace.

captain2captain
8th Mar 2008, 07:50
It looks like EZY will do a lot better than FR in 2008. EZY forecasting 20% increase in profit FR forecasting 50% drop in profit
Key points so far this year
1. Load factor. FR 75% EZY 85.3% and the higher the load factor the higher the yield.
2. FR are carrying a lot more passengers but 10million are the 1p-£10 tickets (lost leader)
3. Fuel hedging 2008, EZY 30% FR 0%
4. Cost control. FR have the best cost control of any airline in the world but their cost have been going up and EZY cost have been coming down and with no fuel hedging in 2008 by FR, EZY could end up with the lower cost per passenger.
5. EZY forwards bookings looking very good. FR web site with its poor performance would have cost them passengers.

eu01
8th Mar 2008, 09:17
I would not see the load factor issue very dramatically, albeit the trend is indisputable. For that the route policy should be blamed among other things; some opportunities could have been exploited better, no doubts about it.

Anyway, I think there are several ways to fill the planes better. More thorough analysis and research – it's the cheapest way to carry it through. Also, less hasty decisions and more logical thinking would bring some ”miraculous” profits (and fuller planes) too. As one of our members has pointed it out: why start HHN-BLL when Legoland was just closing (while in Summer could have worked), why to link frosty with windy and so on. An other example: SNN-LCJ did not have bad load factors at all (growing), but the route were terminated just as the construction of a big Dell factory in Lodz started (Dell have their main European manufacturing facility in Limerick). Too hasty conclusions, too little knowledge of facts. The User pee can already observe high LF's and unusually high prices on the BGY-TMP route and surely is impatient why after this success nothing more is coming ”from North to South” (PSA-TMP, CIA-TMP, MRS-TMP or alike). Isn't he right? So the route decisions cannot be hasty, but some quick reactions should be taken where appropriate.

I will carry on. The seasonal variations. While e.g. Malta could be flown to year-round, for a low-cost carrier it's better to intensify flights there in the periods other than Summer season. In Summer you can make money flying on short routes as well, while in Autumn an Winter you have some ”spare capacity” and you can fly from even more destinations to Malta in spite of the long distances.

An other ”forbidden” issue is the justification of connecting flights. While all true LCC's provide just the ”point-to-point” tickets and the connecting flights ”from anywhere to anywhere” would bring a total chaos to the system, FR has enough potential to make some innovations in that question as well. It makes sense to designate just one centrally-located airport (like Frankfurt Hahn for example) and to carefully select some routes that could be interconnected. Why bother? Because it is very unlikely that some minor airports would ever be able to provide enough passengers to fill the 189 seats on the daily base to a single selected destination. For example Växjö will probably lose its NRN link, there is not enough passengers to keep it alive, I guess. However, 1 daily flight to HHN around midday and cautiously selected connecting flights [with long connection times] WOULD bring pax. I'll simulate it, let me take just the mentioned VXO as an example (randomly, I have probably never been in Växjö, believe me):
With just one daily flight HHN-VXO-HHN, say: HHN 12:30 – VXO 14:15/ 14:40 – HHN 16:25 you can SAFELY create several connecting flights, e.g.
GRO-VXO-GRO (GRO 08:30 HHN 10:25 >< 12:30 VXO 14:15; VXO 14:40 HHN 16:25 >< 19:30 GRO 21:20)
or BGY-VXO-BGY (BGY 08:15 HHN 9:35 >< 12:30 VXO 14:15; VXO 14:40 HHN 16:25 >< 21:05 BGY 22:15)
or CIA-VXO-CIA (CIA 08:20 HHN 10:15>< 12:30 VXO 14:15; VXO 14:40 HHN 16:25 >< 20:00 CIA 21:45)
or STN-VXO-STN (STN 07:15 HHN 09:30 >< 12:30 VXO 14:15; VXO 14:40 HHN 16:25 >< 18:10 STN 18:30)

There are few issues more. One of them being the potential related to flight pattern changes. Let me drink a cup of tea now, I'll return with my ”flight pattern revolution” later today or tomorrow.

JadeGoody
8th Mar 2008, 09:31
Eu01,I agree with you.! We will loose the link to NRN, I hope they start STN instead!

eu01
9th Mar 2008, 09:19
What damn flight patterns, you might ask. If W-patterns, is it something new? Ryanair has just a few W-patterns in the entire schedule and doesn't seem to like them at all. But no, I don't mean exactly that, I have built quite a different model. Why bother? Because if the load factors should be better, the carrier can win some passengers not only by rethinking its route policy (where to fly and which airports to use), but also by making some changes in the flight schedule philosophy. So hereby I present you with ”the delta revolution” or a triangle flight pattern model.

Let's assume we have an airport in X-town, it will be our base. Then there are two other non-base airports Y and Z that are in the cities big enough to be linked with X with a once-daily flight. The LF's on these routes are meagre however, probably still good enough to continue flights between the cities, but far from the target set for the routes. The cities Y and Z are served by the X-airport based planes, flights are carried out around mid-day. A group of tourists living in X-city has a day-off and would like to visit either Y or Z-town. It would, however require 2 days off and a hotel. No way, the potential passengers resign. What the carrier can do? In my theory, the schedule could be changed to accommodate that kind of passengers as well. It would require that X-based aircrafts make its early-morning and late-evening flights according to a triangle pattern, e.g.
dep. X 6:30 – 7:30 arr. Y; dep. Y 7:55 – 8:55 arr. Z; dep. Z 9:20 – 10:20 arr. X.
dep. X 19:30 – 20:30 arr. Z; dep. Z 20:55 – 21:55 arr. Y; dep. Y 22:20 – 23:20 arr. X.
What do we have here? Still once-daily flights, but now you can depart from X in the morning, you can spend the entire day in the Y- destination city (arr. 8:55 dep. 21:55). Moreover, without the long W-patterns you are able to easily connect 2 non-base airports (Y and Z) – a new link without a new base.
Let's continue: From X you can make a day-trip now, but to Y only, not yet to the Z-city. We can try to make it happen, however.
If the schedule above were valid on Mondays and Wednesdays, you can change the flights' directions on Tuesdays and Thursdays
dep. X 6:30 – 7:30 arr. Z; dep. Z 7:55 – 8:55 arr. Y; dep. Y 9:20 – 10:20 arr. X.
dep. X 19:30 – 20:30 arr. Y; dep. Y 20:55 – 21:55 arr. Z; dep. Z 22:20 – 23:20 arr. X.
Now the passenger living in X can make a day-trip to Y on Mondays and Wednesdays or to Z on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The dweller of Y-town can spend an entire day in X on Tuesdays and Thursdays or in Y on Mondays and Wednesdays. The day-trip from Z could be made to X on Mo, Wed and to Y on Tue and Thu. Load factors rise.

This example is meant to show you that there are many other ways to fill the planes than 1 penny flights. MOL is a visionary, undoubtedly. But the vision should involve much more than just money-guard issues. Some finesse, please!

cesare.caldi
9th Mar 2008, 23:03
There is a error on Ryanair website. If you try to book BGY-GSE from April this is the result:

BGY-GSE 17:20-19:45 246
GSE-BGY 17:20-19:45 246

The return flight have the same time and it's not possible because this route is operated by a BGY plane based.

If anyone of Ryanair read this forum, please check. Thank you

ReallyAnnoyed
9th Mar 2008, 23:33
eu01, I think you need to brush up on your IATA codes. LCY = London City Airport. Interesting to slam a full 738 on that runway :eek: FCO = Fiumicino. Not really a harp airport either.

eu01
10th Mar 2008, 05:00
Nice to have a watchful reader, thanks! (LCJ, CIA of course, corrected).

@cesare.caldi There are some last minute flight schedule changes coming from the BGY base, effective from the end of March, I think it's the result of that.

Curious Pax
10th Mar 2008, 08:37
In pondering the relative forecast profits for EZY and RYR is their selection of different sized aircraft a factor? EZY with 73Gs/319s have around 150 seats whereas RYR have 180+ on their 738s. Thus it is harder for RYR to fill their aircraft than it is for EZY when looked at at a simplistic level. As times become harder will RYR regret not having smaller aircraft in their fleet, especially with their concentration on smaller airports which may be more vulnerable to a recession?

Health warning: no knowledge involved in the above paragraph, just pontification.

frfly
10th Mar 2008, 10:00
I think you're right. FR's response to this has been to add low frequency routes to all of their new bases. This way they don't outweigh demand with supply. However, an exception to this would be the new EDI BOH route from late September. Two flights a day seems highly optimistic in my mind. Yes, they are trying to compete with flybe on their SOU route here, however, flybe only have 78 seats, and these are hardly ever full.

189 seats is slightly too many, however, that is where EZY and FR will differ now in their business model. EZY are after the Business PAX, with high frequencies, a business product etc etc. FR are primarily after leisure, VFR pax. These pax are more willing to fly at random frequencies (generally speaking).

The only advantage of 189 seats is when they are full in the summer, they will make a killing, maybe not on the fare, but on the extras. You have around 33 extra passengers to make baggage fees, check-in fees, travel insurance, car hire, hotels, on board sales, PB and much much more (dont forget the scratch cards!!)

Seat62K
10th Mar 2008, 13:00
The Ryanair-easyJet discussion is interesting. As a passenger I avoid easyJet if I can partly because of my experience of poor punctuality so I find the comment above that easyJet is targeting the business market ironic. Perhaps I've been unlucky.

pee
10th Mar 2008, 13:10
Concerning the BGY schedules. There are indeed quite a few changes on the routes from Bergamo, among others to TMP and RIX. That has already been spotted on Finnish-language forums. The change (earlier departures) has been received very well, even though I've read also the comment like that: "Now there will be so good connections via Milano to Rome that it would be very hard to get any reasonable prices on the route from TMP to BGY. Couldn't they introduce daily flights?"

frfly
10th Mar 2008, 13:14
To be fair I've never had a problem with EZY, but I prefer to fly FR, mainly because of price and their punctuality.

EZY are trying to attract the business customer through being able to jump on an earlier flight home, speedy boarding plus etc.

Ryanair have more of a job attracting business pax, especially in EDI I've noticed. They will tend to fly Aer Lingus. Who knows why though because the flight timings are terrible and they are never on time!

Squark7000
10th Mar 2008, 13:51
Perhaps Aer Lingus attract more business passengers and EDI because;
a) Business passengers are not (generally) as price sensitive, and
b) when things go badly wrong, FR cancel the flight, while Aer Lingus will
rebook you, including your onward connection if relevant - even if it means putting you up in a hotel.

Must add, that in my experiance so far, I have never had a significant problem with FR.

kidfromtheblock
10th Mar 2008, 14:36
Hi guys,
Have you heard anything about the Ryanair open day in Bratislava, 25th March?
Somebody told me it will be in the Marrols Hotel and that they are looking for B-737 rated pilots. Anybody knows somethiong about it?
Thanks
Kid

WHBM
10th Mar 2008, 14:46
Ryanair have more of a job attracting business pax, especially in EDI I've noticed. They will tend to fly Aer Lingus.
Principally because many business pax continue to book through travel agents and/or corporate travel departments (which nowadays are often outsourced to major travel agencies). Retail travel agents have lost out to web bookings but business bookings have held up. Aer Lingus continue to be on the mainstream ticketing systems such companies use. Ryananir are not.

Ryanair do seem not to offer the desired morning/evening rotations on many of their routes, and if they do they seem to have a habit of changing this from year to year ths losing established custom. Last week I was on FR from Stansted to Cork and vv, just because Stansted was convenient for me. Only two passengers on the evening flight had business suits on. Easyjet would typically have many more. Colleague coming down from Dublin to Cork said following a Ryanair schedule change their times no longer suited and they were back to Aer Arann.

Actually some of Ryanair's ways of working are more suited to business travellers. If they cancel we would just go to a hotel and put the cost on expenses, one of those things to balance against a cheaper fare. Leisure travellers would not want to do this.

eu01
11th Mar 2008, 19:42
It's funny, actually. Or is it? When you wanted to find Ryanair's best prices just a month ago you would go to its "Find best fares" pages. As they just disappeared, instead of running through unfriendly data and searching day after day many of us have already found some substitutes. Without waiting for a miracle, you can go to the sites like skyscanner and they will show you all Ryanair's fares for the entire month, on one page, taxes included. Within one second you will get a graphical chart of all these fares. Great! However, by using these pages the potential passengers can find even more options. Namely, they can find also the competitors' prices. Isn't it a bit harrassing for you, dear Ryanair? Why do you challenge your business, I would ask.

How is it possible that someone else could inform about the seller's prices better than him? Well, the mentioned skyscanner uses so called price indexing system. What a pity your software provider didn't bother to create such a function for you. :ugh: Anyway, by refusing to cope with this issue you could weaken your sales, don't you agree?

FLYboh
11th Mar 2008, 19:50
If you go to 'BOOK NOW' at the top of the homepage it gives you the option to check all flights over a 7 day period. You have to tick the box, so a version of the low fare finder is back, but not as good. Skyscanner is ok but the fares are a day or two old and it doesn't always show the complete route network from an airport.

Shanwickman
11th Mar 2008, 20:01
To find lowest fares on Ryanair select the "Book now" option. Then tick the
"my travel dates are flexible" box. This service was unavailable for a while but is now restored.

I picked a random date April 22nd. DUB/LGW one way.
Skyscanner shows fare with Ryanair €22.48 including tax.
Ryanair website fare €10 including tax.
Best to check around!

eu01
11th Mar 2008, 20:42
I'm (almost) moved! The "my travel dates are flexible" box is back again. And the week now has full 7 days (not 6->3->2 as before). Try, nevertheless, to make something like this: Select as a "Going Out" day a Thursday. Well, say Thu 8 May 08. Select as a "Coming Back" next week's Sunday. So, 18 May 08. Fine. Now let's try to check the fares on Monday ("Going Out") 12 May 08. In order to select a new ("Going Out") day you have to go to the next week (to see Mon 12th May outbound fares). Oops! "Your outbound date cannot overlap your return date range". What? If I want to go on Mon 12th it overlaps the return on May 18th? Am I insane? Or a kind of programmers' weird logic (again)?