View Full Version : Ryanair - 6

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

S78
13th Jul 2007, 16:17
Because it's their ICAO code.

S78

cesare.caldi
13th Jul 2007, 16:26
PDF document on Ryanair's website showing the availability of its free tickets list Malta - Bari as a route.

Probably will be annonced soon.

Will be operated 3x week with an HHN based plane, like this: HHN-BRI-MLA-BRI-HHN

cesare.caldi
13th Jul 2007, 16:28
Bournemouth, Torp and Treviso will be announced soon. (new Ryanair base)

What's is your source?

Hollymead
13th Jul 2007, 21:55
Opodo to start offering Ryanair ???http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/news/article2069116.ece

Charlie Roy
14th Jul 2007, 14:34
Ryanair to restart Stansted to Clermont-Ferrand next summer 3 times a week according to this article (in French):

http://www.cyberbougnat.net/Londres-et-Madrid-a-portees-d,1671.html

frogone
14th Jul 2007, 21:40
Girona - Granada ain't on the drop down boxes anymore :confused:

IR

Charlie Roy
18th Jul 2007, 19:43
Girona - Granada ain't on the drop down boxes anymore

It's finally bookable. Twice daily on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Once daily every other day.

janus627
18th Jul 2007, 20:24
What happens in Marseille? Half of the destinations has not been set online yet.
Do they take one plane off?

eu01
18th Jul 2007, 21:02
Expected Events - 19/07/2007, Thursday
Czech Republic
Irish low-cost airlines Ryanair holds press conference presenting plans for its flights to Brno.
Source: interfax

Jippie
18th Jul 2007, 22:37
Interesting, maybe they announce their Valencia base(that one is pretty much sure) tomorrow. One of the routes could be VLC-BRQ. I do not expect Brno to become a base this year.

Charlie Roy
18th Jul 2007, 22:57
A press conference also scheduled for Charleroi tomorrow to announce one new route.

I don't expect that route to be Charleroi - Brno.

I'm guessing that new East Midlands' routes will be announced tomorrow to Charleroi, Brno and other destinations.

Jippie
18th Jul 2007, 23:15
If they have a press conference in EIN as well you can be pretty sure they announce a VLC base. If not, there are more options. We will know it in <12h.

Charlie Roy
18th Jul 2007, 23:22
So there is a press conference in EIN aswell?

Charleroi already has a route to Valencia so that doesn't immediately tie in with the whole Valencia base announcement tomorrow...

Another potential/rumoured routes for the new Valencia base? I'm hoping for Cork, but will settle for Shannon :cool:

Jippie
18th Jul 2007, 23:34
I don't know if there will be a press conference in Eindhoven hence the "if" in my original post. But you're right about CRL anc VLC.

Valencia-Eindhoven is pretty much sure, they have slots for it and history learns us that they are a reliable source.

Euroboy39
19th Jul 2007, 10:10
Barcelona-Brno seems to be a new route. Just appeared in the booking engine. Any more people have noticed? I can't remember where they flew from from Girona before!

And Ryanair have quickly removed this route from the booking engine!

Jippie
19th Jul 2007, 10:26
Girona-Brno is on their route map as well now! No other routes as far as I can see.

VanBosh
19th Jul 2007, 10:27
New Routes
GRO-Basel
GRO-Brno
GRO-Linz
GRO-Poznan
BRE-Budapest
CRL-Pau
DUB-Skavsta
STN-Billund
MRS-Marrakesh
MRS-Fez
BGY-Lamezia

Axed Routes
DUB - Vasteras
HHN-Wroclaw
LPL-Inverness
LPL-Aberdeen
LPL-Kaunas
MAD-Malmo
MRS - Malmo
STN- Esjberg
STN-Malmo

Also some routes cut for a few months
DUB-GRENOBLE
DUB-HAMBURG
DUB-PORTO
DUB-BIARRITZ
BGY-VALLADOID
STN-POITIERS
STN-GENOA

Some strange ones here...
Like where is the LPL capacity to be used from 3 route cancellations?

Malmo seems to have lost out big time

egnxema
19th Jul 2007, 10:39
Has the press release in Brno happened?

Were the above route alterations announced there?

tommyc2005
19th Jul 2007, 10:56
Is STN to lose an entire aircraft then?

Billund would replace Esbjerg I imagine, they aren't too far apart. Probably annoy Sterling though.

Surprised Genoa is going, even if it is 'seasonal'. That leaves no London link with the city, BA pulled out a couple of years ago after flying there for 50ish years?

And what went wrong with Malmo? That must be the entire schedule? Or is there to be a move to Copenhagen as rumoured before?

larshakan
19th Jul 2007, 11:12
Ryanair cancels every route from MMX, not just STN, MAD and MRS, but also GRO and DUB!

GRO-BRQ aimed at Smartwings? I think the do the route as well.

dwlpl
19th Jul 2007, 12:30
where is the LPL capacity to be used from 3 route cancellations?

Madrid or maybe another Span ish destination. ;)

Euroboy39
19th Jul 2007, 12:57
Or the spare capacity this winter could allow FR to do the Salzburg and Lyon routes again?

airhumberside
19th Jul 2007, 13:59
Surprised DUB-Lubeck is as seasonal route

Also see FR havent had much success with Polish services from HHN - only Gdansk left now. And Maresilles-Oujda hasnt come back

JoaoGuimaraes
19th Jul 2007, 17:57
What about OPO? new routes...nothing?
:ugh: :=:*

EI-BUD
19th Jul 2007, 19:34
Well I am not at all surprised that these are going. Alot of ppl said that these routes were way to thin for a 738!

take-off
20th Jul 2007, 08:14
Does anybody think ryanair should get some smaller planes , to cover some of the routes a 737-800 is to big for?, obviously some of these routes had demand but not for such a big plane? Maybe an off shoot ...like 'Baby ryanair':} Or 'Ryanair Junior!!!!':E:E

eu01
20th Jul 2007, 08:34
Nope. Smaller planes do not fit into Ryanair's business model at all. :{

EI-BUD
20th Jul 2007, 09:00
I would have always agreed on theory that Ryanairs business model did not lend itself to more than one type of aircraft. In fact everyone on here would say this too. However, If we consider Southwest they have more than 1 variant of the 737.

This makes perfect sense. Routes like Blackpool/Stansted and a few more could be viable with a smaller aircraft. I mean there are many markets that dont suit a 738.

The 737 variants have crew commonality so no need to retrain or have separate crews. I realise that they dont have flexibility to substitute one with a 737. But the main theory behind having one type is crew type rating and leverage with supplier on price when buying one type and spares etc.

The model that Ryanair have has been changed over the years and nothing would surpirse me. For eg they are now talking about Primary airports. Buying a handful of 737-700s or 737-500s shouldnt be a big issue at all. What does anyone else think?

dumdumbrain
20th Jul 2007, 09:47
I don't think Ryanair would buy another type of a/c, you would totally have to change the whole set-up of Ryanair, Crew would need re-training, Engineers re-training, manuals .........
The biggest cost of a route is the pilots wages, so even if you had a smaller a/c like a 737-500 you will still be paying the same for the flight deck, and only save alittle on the cabin crew, and fuel, but saying that the 737-800 is great on fuel.
Loads more routes for it to move into yet before we can think about smaller routes like STN-BLK. I wonder when we will see flights to eastern europe and greece.

Lee

ALLMCC
20th Jul 2007, 11:14
Perhaps the spare capacity might be used on the rumoured start up routes from Belfast (BHD)

Based
20th Jul 2007, 11:33
All flights to Tenerife switching from North to South in mid October.

SAM-EMA
20th Jul 2007, 13:29
Has the press conference in Charleroi happened yet?

Cheers
SAM-EMA

Charlie Roy
20th Jul 2007, 18:47
Yes the Charleroi press conference was Thursday to announce Charleroi - Pau.

Earlier this week the airport finally announced the completion date for the much needed new terminal for mid-January 2008. So now that the date is known, hopefully Ryanair can quickly proceed with their expansion plans.

dumdumbrain
21st Jul 2007, 10:01
Now thats a shame I was hoping for a CRL-EMA, bmi's price is way over the top and often late.

Charlie Roy
22nd Jul 2007, 12:49
Will the next base definitely be Valencia?
If so, any info on when will it be announced?
When will it start operating?
What new routes could we expect for Valencia? For what destinations have slots been requested?You see, I wish to book a flight from Ireland to Valencia for during the Christmas holidays. My only option at the moment is Dublin - Valencia. However if a Valencia base announcement is imminent, then possibly they'll introduce Shannon (or ideally Cork but I'm not holding my breath). ...?

ryan2000
22nd Jul 2007, 17:35
I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for Cork Valencia given Ryanair's attitude towards new Cork routes.

Having said that 10 flights a day from Cork isn't bad for an airline that keeps complaining about the charges there.

Tom the Tenor
22nd Jul 2007, 21:49
Whatever about the likelihood of PIK and LBA it beats me why FR will not try something like another relatively short flight from Charleroi to Cork. That route would go down well with you, Charie Roy? However, if it was a choice between CRL or Valencia I would go with Spain everytime! Cant see VLC happening any time soon though from either Cork or Shannon. Oh, well. Cant let these things get one down.

dwlpl
24th Jul 2007, 19:27
News of a Ryanair press conference has been made public.

Its due to be held in Liverpool mid-morning to announce 'exciting new routes' from its large Liverpool base.

airbourne
25th Jul 2007, 01:20
I was having a thought on the Aer lingues thread and someone commented about the idea of FR going into BHD as base. But in reality could you get a 738 on the ground there? What seat restrictions would you need for that.

But it got me thinking about the common FR fleet make up of as you know 738s. Now if there are airports with smaller runways or lower yield flights why didnt FR look at something like the 736/737. Or is it just maximum seats per a/c? What is the seat cost of a 738 v 736?

VanBosh
25th Jul 2007, 09:32
BRS - Turin

EMA - Belfast
EMA - Grenoble
EMA - Poznan
EMA - Salzburg
EMA - Tenerife

LPL - Belfast
LPL - Budapest
LPL - Bydgoszcz
LPL - Fuerteventura
LPL - Grenoble
LPL - Lodz
LPL - Salzburg
LPL - Tenerife

PIK - Belfast
PIK - Budapest
PIK - Grenoble
PIK - Kaunas

Based
25th Jul 2007, 11:20
Airbourne,

I guess similar seat restrictions to that of LDY will apply. Bit of a joke capping seat numbers anyway.

Stewart28
25th Jul 2007, 13:21
Will Ryanair leave LDY after they announced flights to BHD, would hate to see them leave LDY

honest man
25th Jul 2007, 13:39
Excellent new routes from PIK and about time too,BHD should be good despite the competition and Budapest has been long overdue i expected WIZZ to jump in there

Skipness One Echo
25th Jul 2007, 13:54
Ahhhh!! An easyJet Ryanair war on Glasgow - Belfast!! That should be fun!

Powerjet1
25th Jul 2007, 18:05
Have all the routes announced today for EMA, LPL etc, been accommodated by existing based aircraft, or are additional, new airframes involved ?.

aidoair
25th Jul 2007, 19:35
Look like they are to be accomodated by existing aircraft or that looks the case for EMA at least and most likely at other bases with current routes either discontinuing or ending for the summer season.

chrism20
25th Jul 2007, 22:54
PIK/BHD in the 738 will be one mighty quick journey.

Am surprised a BHD/SNN wasn't announced

OliWW
26th Jul 2007, 08:27
With East Midlands I can imagen Belfast being a popular flight as it is with bmibaby anyway, also im surprised that Salzburg and Lyon Grenoble are only 1x Week compared to last year!!

Im surprised no flights to cork have been announced either, bmibaby used to have a popular demand on the EMA - Cork routes, will ryanair bring this back do you think?

Only Time will Tell =]

SAM-EMA
26th Jul 2007, 08:41
Well, FR are planning major expansion from EMA with upto 4 new a/c arriving, and I would assume that Cork would be in with the other new routes, as and when they come. We are still awaiting the announcement, but after yesterdays new routes, we might have to wait a little longer.

SAM-EMA

paris123
26th Jul 2007, 08:45
does any one have know if fr are to start beauvais - lgw/stn? they are listed as available routes on their website. with eurostar changing terminal it'd seem that fr were trying to jump ahead of ezy offering services from other london airports.

Charlie Roy
26th Jul 2007, 11:35
I think Ryanair doing London - Beauvais will just be for the Rugby world cup.

RE72
26th Jul 2007, 13:20
These are flights for the 14th - 15th Sept. only.

JulietNovemberPapa
27th Jul 2007, 13:58
"PIK/BHD in the 738 will be one mighty quick journey."

It certainly will be; indeed, PIK-BHD will only be 70 n.m. as the crow flies, so the flight time will be around 20 minutes. This route will also be FR's shortest, replacing PIK-LDY (93 n.m. as the crow flies). (FR's longest route is presently NRN-FUE, at 1654 n.m. as the crow flies.)

"I think Ryanair doing London - Beauvais will just be for the Rugby world cup."

That's correct.

STN-BVA: 14th Sept: 0625-0840 and 0630-0845
BVA-STN: 14th Sept: 0905-0920 and 0910-0925

STN-BVA: 15th Sept: 1210-1425 and 1425-1640
BVA-STN: 15th Sept: 1450-1505 and 1705-1725

LGW-BVA: 14th Sept: 1000-1215
BVA-LGW: 14th Sept: 1240-1255

LGW-BVA: 15th Sept: 1730-1845
BVA-LGW: 15th Sept: 1915-2035 (think 2035 is an error and should read 1935)

Giddy
27th Jul 2007, 14:36
Am I wasting my time trying to book the 1p flights on Ryanair's website? Every time I go through the order form, the system throws a wobbler saying it is too busy at the end of the process.

Buster the Bear
27th Jul 2007, 15:19
http://www.uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-260707a.htm

JulietNovemberPapa
27th Jul 2007, 17:36
"Am I wasting my time trying to book the 1p flights on Ryanair's website? Every time I go through the order form, the system throws a wobbler saying it is too busy at the end of the process."

You are now wasting your time: the 1p all-in deal has now finished. But you shouldnt normally have a problem: I have purchased many such tickets without incident. One exception was last night: I did have one problem - my card wouldn't be processed - but within a few minutes it was fine and I then booked STN-OPO-MAD-CIA-STN as a daytrip for 4p all-in. In previous such deals I booked BRS-DUB-BRS for 2p all-in and STN-SVQ-STN for 2p all-in.

"http://www.uk-airport-news.info/stan...ws-260707a.htm (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-260707a.htm)"

That's comparatively interesting but not surprising: everyone should by now realise that the generation of ancillary revenue is of fundamental importance to Ryanair. Indeed, but for considerable amounts thereof, it wouldn't be able to offer the aforementioned extraordinary specials, for which ancillary revenue supplements ticket revenue - and to a major extent, as the article shows. Which isn't to say that Ryanair has always had the right products or service: it often refines its offerings to better-suit its strategy. Remember Ryanair mortgages? 'Nuff said.

It is perhaps surprising that Ryanair hasn't yet adapted Ryanair.com to enable quick and simple, e.g. at a tick of a box, hotel and car hire purchases while you're purchasing your flights. Presently, it has the inconvenient book-it-all-separately approach rather than in a single tranaction, Expedia-style, that dissuades significant amounts of people from booking such ancillary products. That integration would, I think, help to increase hotel and car hire bookings, so long as the booking facility on Ryanair.com remains easy and user-friendly.

I would go so far as to say that but for considerable ancillary revenue discount airlines, such as Ryanair and easyJet, wouldn't be able to offer anywhere near the level of low fares, even though low fares obviously stimulate markets and then generate large volumes and thus obviously enable considerable ticket revenue generation. In short, ancillary revenue is essential both to the airlines and to consumers who want low fares.

I also believe that in general the endless pursuit of ancillary revenue often inspire and enable choice: you often don't have to have what they're selling. For example, I, for one, very rarely take checked-in luggage; I normally pay by debit card, so I don't pay much as card fees; I don't buy car hire, hotels, insurance on Ryanair.com; and I rarely buy speedy boarding. I do, however, occasionally buy tea onboard. I could, of course, buy everything on offer - and that too would be choice.

One relatively insightful point in the article was that so-called "hidden" ancillary revenue constituted 60% of easyJet's total ancillary revenue compared to 40% of Ryanair's. I wouldn't read much into that, other than to further prove the fundamental nature of that revenue stream to discount airlines.

So, I'd expect to see more new ancillary products and services to take full advantage of opportunities to still further increase total revenue, but also to see some disappear as portfolios modify to keep abreast of demand and strategic requirements.

OliWW
27th Jul 2007, 19:53
Im not sure whether this is a rumor but a number of routes that may be released within the next few months:

Bristol - Dusseldorf Weeze
Bristol - Murica
Bristol - Venice
Bristol - Graz

East Midlands - Cork
East Midlands - Porto
East Midlands - Dusseldorf
East Midlands - Bremen
East Midlands - Seville
East Midlands - Marseille

London Stansted - Almeria
London Stansted - Malta

Frankfurt - Shannon
Frankfurt - Madrid

Rome - Wroclaw
Rome - Lodz
Rome - Krakow
Rome - Murica

As I say Im not sure whether its just a rumor but it would be nice if it was true!

SAM-EMA
27th Jul 2007, 19:59
Is there a source?

I agree, these would be great additions to the FR network.

SAM-EMA

toledoashley
27th Jul 2007, 20:19
I would like to see Stansted - Belgrade/Sarajevo/Thessaloniki/Heraklion/Chania/Rhodes

cesare.caldi
27th Jul 2007, 21:05
Rome - Wroclaw
Rome - Lodz
Rome - Krakow
Rome - Murica

For now is not possible to add any new route for any airline from CIA.
The only way is to close any existing route.

Charlie Roy
27th Jul 2007, 21:37
Frankfurt - Shannon

Hmmm... hasn't this be operated and then cancelled twice already?!
I suspect that this rumour is more like someone's wish list or guess list, rather than anything based on fact.

pamann
27th Jul 2007, 22:22
London Stansted - Almeria

Perhaps do your research this route already operates and has done for some time. Smells like a badly put together wishlist to me as well.:ugh:

OliWW
28th Jul 2007, 09:19
I would have thought with Ryanair London Stansted - Almeria would be a rather popular route, by the coast of spain, beaches, cheap flights ect..

Or has it been done before??

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 09:27
"Perhaps do your research this route already operates and has done for some time."

"I would have thought with Ryanair London Stansted - Almeria would be a rather popular route, by the coast of spain, beaches, cheap flights ect..

Or has it been done before??"

---

Ryanair already operates STN-LEI once-daily.

====

"Hmmm... hasn't this [SNN-HHN] be operated and then cancelled twice already?!"

It certainly has been operated before, and at one stage just once-weekly. It then cut HHN-SNN and started HHN-KIR, which now operates four-weekly. HHN-KIR effectively replaced HHN-SNN. The story goes that when FR decided to eliminate HHN-SNN the aircraft was poised to instead operate a route from HHN to Italy, but KIR management approached MOL at a conference and asked what it'd take for KIR to get the route from HHN. MOL stated what he wanted and the rest is, as they say, history. Whether HHN-SNN and HHN-KIR could or would coexist is uncertain, but I very much doubt it'll materalise.

aeulad
28th Jul 2007, 12:18
who IS this OliWW???

Regards

Mike

kubik
28th Jul 2007, 12:27
Does anybody know what will be released from Katowice? As you can read on their website, they are very satisfied of the bookings and they will open new routes from Katowice.

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 14:01
Let's not forget that Katowice's greater metropolitan area (Górnośląskie Zagłębie Węglowe) has over 3.4m inhabitants, making it the largest area in Poland.

Presently, Ryanair, which serves 10 Polish cities and has 38 routes to and from Poland, only has 1 route to Katowice - from Bristol (announced 24th May). In contrast, Wizz Air, which serves 5 Polish cities and has 60 routes to and from Poland, is the dominant airline in Katowice, serving 24 routes.

Why did Ryanair take so long to serve Katowice? Could it be that the airport didn't offer a sufficiently tempting deal? Perhaps. Is it because Katowice is situated between both Wroclaw and Krakow? Maybe.

I do think that Ryanair will launch more routes to and from Katowice, for example to East Midlands, but I don't think they'll materalise quickly but rather over the longer-term.

I have often thought that in general Wizz Air would be a good acquisition prospect for Ryanair - although I'm almost always against inorganic expansion - because it'd enable Ryanair to have an immediate considerable presence in Eastern Europe. Aside that Wizz Air operates different aircraft than Ryanair - which could be easily replaced so isn't important - Wizz Air seems to be very similar strategically to Ryanair, partially evidenced by its use of secondary airports and its relatively infrequent flights on a number of routes. One element that is troublesome to me is Wizz Air's large number of V-V flights, verses Ryanair's very few, and Wizz Air's large amount of bases - 7 - for only 13 aircraft.

Eastern European aviation will become even more exciting in the next few years.

Incidentally, it’s exciting – well, for me at least – that the number of routes to and from Poland have grown dramatically since EU membership and the consequential Open Skies. It’s fascinating that for innumerable years there were barely any flights from any Polish city bar Warsaw, yet 10 Polish cities now have flights by discount airlines and the number of routes are increasing. Of course, discount airlines have been instrumental in Polish migration; indeed, therein is the demand: ethnic and VFR-based traffic. My favourite example is Gdansk. For a long time it didn’t have any service to London (although at one point B.A. flew thrice-weekly to Gatwick) yet this year it’ll have 4 DAILY services. What a dramatic - and at times unbelievable – transformation!

Tower Ranger
28th Jul 2007, 14:53
JPN

I think the Pik to Bhd will be much quicker than that as at the moment a Q400 can already do Gla to Bhd in 18 mins at best speed. If there is no delay due traffic you caould be looking at 14 mins rwy to rwy.

However in reality if you expect to be number one all the time because your doing 300knts in a 738 there could be one or two surprises in store!! I`d say, speed control, 90 degree turns for spacing and the Magee hold will all become familiar friends for the Fr pilots operating into Bhd.

beamwidth
28th Jul 2007, 15:12
jeez tr, looks like you're already starting to feel the pressure. wait til the fr drivers start getting on your back whining about delays, delays and of course delays, which will always be your fault. you'll be praying that they'd p**s off to bfs!
hope you're keeping well, wee man
bw

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 15:51
"I think the Pik to Bhd will be much quicker than that as at the moment a Q400 can already do Gla to Bhd in 18 mins at best speed. If there is no delay due traffic you caould be looking at 14 mins rwy to rwy."

That's a good point, Tower Range. So depending upon the runways used at both PIK and BHD and any holding requirements and any speed restrictions, you could probably do PIK-BHD between 14 and 20 minutes. I might have to fly the sector at some stage: it might be quite fun.

JulietNovemberPapa
28th Jul 2007, 16:19
A month or so ago Ryanair applied for daily slots for DUB-PRG-DUB, BOH-PRG-BOH, EIN-PRG-EIN and BRE-PRG-BRE, and slots for thrice-weekly NYO-PRG-NYO. But that doesn’t, of course, mean that Ryanair will operate those routes. The article from which I got the information stated that a public announcement would be made in early July, but that hasn’t, of course, happened. Since then I haven’t heard anything. Does anyone have any new information?

ryan2000
28th Jul 2007, 16:59
It is pointless trying to predict what Ryanair are going to do next as the final decisions are made at the very top.
Usually the calling of a press conference is the only real hint that emerges and even then senior airport executives aren't sure of the routes.
Ryanair employees predictions have been as wide of the mark as those of the rest of us and that includes me!

Charlie Roy
28th Jul 2007, 22:31
It is pointless trying to predict what Ryanair are going to do next as the final decisions are made at the very top.

Indeed, another factor is Ryanair's ability to (re)act quickly. Often they might have big plans for Lubeck, for example, but then Madrid (who they weren't even considering) offer a lucrative deal and in one, two, three all plans are revised at lightning speed!

larshakan
29th Jul 2007, 11:03
Fr and BOO? Any1 heard anything about this before or on another place?

http://boarding.no/art.asp?id=27564

pee
29th Jul 2007, 11:53
FR has been negotiating with several airports all over Scandinavia, but only less than half of these negotiations were successful. I do believe Bodø could be an interesting "exotic" destination, but it's usually hard to predict the results.
Here in Finland we've heard about "Lappeenranta - the gate to Saint Petersburg", it's already forgotten (at least no rumours any more). As another possible destination was half-officially mentioned Oulu... is it forgotten too? By chance, in today's Finnish newspaper I've read: "Oulu Airport wants new airlines" (conferring with Ryanair and others). So, who knows?

JulietNovemberPapa
29th Jul 2007, 12:07
"Indeed, another factor is Ryanair's ability to (re)act quickly. Often they might have big plans for Lubeck, for example, but then Madrid (who they weren't even considering) offer a lucrative deal and in one, two, three all plans are revised at lightning speed!"

Certainly! And FR's ability to act, react and change is, of course, largely due to its shorter-term mindset and its leanness, the latter of enormous importance for quick adaption.

FR is generally shorter-term thinking, and will very often react to real opportunities, particularly those that enable better deals and lower costs, with lightening speed; indeed, MOL himself is one of the best opportunists, and he has often said that long-term plans, not necessarily strategic but mainly dealing with detail, are pretty pointless.

Edited to cut an inaccurate example.

Rallye EI-BFP
29th Jul 2007, 12:10
Ryanair never operated HHN-ORK.... it was HHN-SNN they dropped in favour of HHN-Italy

larshakan
29th Jul 2007, 12:23
Just for the record, FR used to operate both SNN and KIR at the same time! Read at the Hahn-infos forum!

JulietNovemberPapa
29th Jul 2007, 12:34
"FR used to operate both SNN and KIR at the same time!"

Thanks for the correction, Larshakan. I have now edited my earlier post to reflect it.

Byruleibe
29th Jul 2007, 15:32
What about the new routes from madrid barajas? Why they don´t appear on the route map?

Advert link removed

Madrid - Karlsruhe Baden
Madrid - Alghero
Madrid - Dusseldorf
Madrid - Frankfurt
Madrid - Liverpool
Madrid - Trapani
Madrid - Venice

Charlie Roy
30th Jul 2007, 21:32
The reshuffle of routes at the Madrid base for Winter 2007/8 will be mean a couple of axed routes combined with a few new ones, of which one will be Madrid - Girona.

Announcement soon.

electricdeathjet
31st Jul 2007, 06:27
Hahahaha...
Woke up to the news (BBC) this morning, which said that Ryanair is expected to post their lowest profits in the last 4 years due to offering too many free seats to fill up their airplanes....

What a shame! Maybe they should paint more offensive slogans on the sides of their aircraft and passengers will pay to fly with them... :ok:
I shall remain bitter untill I get my £50 back for the on-line application which I never heard anything back...

LTNman
31st Jul 2007, 06:59
LONDON -- Irish budget airline Ryanair Holdings PLC Tuesday reported a 20% rise in net income and raised its guidance for full-year earnings

befree
31st Jul 2007, 07:16
Ryanair are having a harder time filling the planes outside the summer peak.

From the Q1 results today:-

"We will continue to grow over the winter period, however, due to the softness in yields, and the doubling of both UK APD and costs at Stansted, we plan to reduce the number of aircraft operated ex Stansted this winter by almost 20% from 40 to 33. This will mean reduced frequency or temporary cessation of services on routes which would be loss making due to Stansted’s higher airport charges."

Fly380
31st Jul 2007, 07:26
Just been reported on BBC1 that Ryanair's financial director says they are going to ground aircraft at Stansted Airport as charges have gone up so much. Cheaper to keep them on the ground? I was always taught aeroplanes only made money when they were airborne - preferably full.:confused::confused:

Cyrano
31st Jul 2007, 07:53
Your teaching was right, Fly380, but didn't take into account the spectacularly good deal Ryanair got from Boeing for their 737-800s, which in conjunction with the strength of the market for used -800s at the moment means that FR can effectively sell the aircraft after say five years for the same price they bought them for.

So if the capital costs of the aircraft are near zero, then the route economics have all to do with variable costs. IMHO the "Stansted's doubled its charges" argument is only a small bit of the story (Ryanair? economical with the truth? surely not!). Diminishing returns are playing their role: there are only so many available routes across Europe (from the UK in particular) which will sustain high-frequency service all year round, and most of them have been found already - so Ryanair's having to go after more seasonal routes which only provide profitable flying in the summer months. And whether issues of crew availability or crew hours also play a role here, I'll leave to others more expert than I in the subject...

C.

Mr A Tis
31st Jul 2007, 08:29
More like Ryanair posturing re the hike in BAA Stansted charges. I believe Sky Europe are moving from STN to Luton & Air Berlin are scaling back their STN services for the same reason.
Sounds like STN are gonna shoot themselves in the foot here.

egnxema
31st Jul 2007, 08:35
The spin in the press release and on BBC Breakfast today was very much a hit at BAA Stansted, comments that are justified too.

In practice though - will FR really have 7 aircraft parked up somewhere all winter? Or will they be moved to other bases, or will the winter schedule just have more slack and longer turn-rounds built into it?

WHBM
31st Jul 2007, 08:38
Sounds like STN are gonna shoot themselves in the foot here.
BAA have consistently shot themselves in the foot at Heathrow for about the last 30 years and it doesn't seem to have affected the traffic figures.

befree
31st Jul 2007, 09:00
More slack and longer turn-rounds cost money as staff need paying for more hours. Ryanair has a policy of buying 90% of it preductied fuel at a fixed price when it can. For this year that price equates to $63/barrel. The current market price is $77/barrel which is what it will pay on the last 10% in uses. On many routes it will far cheaper only to fly in the summer. The report said they have reduced the target pax for the year by 2 million. That is 1.9 million that ryanair will not have to pay to fly. It will also make the load factor a lot better. The stock market has not liked the drop in load factor. Stronger enforcement of rules means that £9.99 fares must be the all in price. This makes it expensive to fill up excess capacity.

I am sure that 7 planes is only an average. We would need to look at the flying programme to see if is more on some days and less on others. It is also possbile that some get parked up at other bases and more get sold on. I am sure MOL would like to sell 20 planes each september. get 30 new ones each May and make a profit on each sale.

Ian Brooks
31st Jul 2007, 09:03
If Ryanair are reducing by 7 aircraft at 3 rotations a day plus Sky Europe 2 a day and Berlin reducing by cutting Manchester, Glasgow, Belfast and Palma which total at least 7 departures a day this adds up to quite a total for a month ( just over 900 a month )

Ian

31st Jul 2007, 09:08
egnxema->There have been strong suggestions that they'll move one of the Stansted aircraft to Cork and operate their Cork-Stansted flights with a Cork-based aircraft. The number of flights remains the same, but they achieve the symbolic reduction of aircraft at Stansted.

discountinvestigator
31st Jul 2007, 09:50
Such are the economics of the airline industry that some major European flag carriers can still lose money when flying full aircraft all day long.

Posturing by MOL is what it is all about. Free press to advertise that you have 737-800s available for lease or sale, surely not!

UP and Down Operator
31st Jul 2007, 09:56
Hmm, then there would be no reason to build a new rwy at STN if there is no-one to use it.
That will at make a lot of "green" people happy, at least until it is hollidaytime again and their kids want's to go south :E

The Otter's Pocket
31st Jul 2007, 12:36
With full slots - little flexibility in the system, then you are going to ask for as much as you can get away with.
If they want A/c sitting on the ground then they would be moved to a cheaper airfield like Doncaster where parking would be a great deal cheaper than London's third airport.

P.Smith
31st Jul 2007, 14:52
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3966/nextbaselbcks4.jpg

I saw that on my screen a few minuts ago but now its gone. So maybe lubeck will be the next Base? I tried to find out the new routs but there weren't some new...
I wonder if it was another mistake or maybe more?:eek:

Flyingphil
31st Jul 2007, 14:57
Just a question from my side:

Are these the retirements that FR planned for quite some time or are these additional phase-outs?

FR sold their oldest B737-800s (EI-CSA - CSN) at the beginning of this year to VRG/GOL - they are intended to leave for South America in November.

So there are two options:
1. Ryanair needs publicity as always and makes "an issue" with the BAA out of this Acft-deal signed some time ago

2. Ryanair is really under pressure for several interacting reasons, namely
-> Crews near to their annual limit of flight-hours
-> Low Booking-rates
-> Increase of Fee's at several Airports, STN in particular

I personally assume option number 1 - that's the way most people know FR for quite some time now!

BTW What was mentioned before:
FR signed its deals with Boeing @ 27,5 Mio Dollars per plane instead of 40 Mio's.
So managementwise they are pretty good:D

old,not bold
31st Jul 2007, 16:22
I suspect that not only is the FR announcement making a virtue out of the necessity of reducing capacity during the winter, it is associated with the convoluted economics of the second STN runway.

Back in the days of the Airports White Paper, in 2003, BAA managed to get all non-BAA projects for additional London airport capacity kicked into touch, partly by having 25+ staff "seconded" into the DoT, partly by getting NATS to make outrageous and untrue assertions about airspace management, and partly by stating unequivocally that Stansted's second runway would be in operation by 2011, and that yes, they had the finance for it.

Neither was remotely true, neither could have been, but those who pointed this out did so in vain. The Dept for Transport had made its mind up before the consultation started.

Now, if a consent is ever granted for the second runway (a big "if"), BAA then have to finance it. But the low cost airlines which dominate STN, led by FR with over 50% of movements (when I last counted, a year or three ago) have made it clear that they had no intention of paying for it, especially in advance, through increased landing charges. LHR users made it clear that they had no intention of paying for a STN runway through X-subsidy, and the CAA backed them. And the banks made it clear that unless (a) charges were increased substantially and (b) airlines were willing to pay those charges, the project is a non-starter.

FR is simply demonstrating to BAA, at a convenient moment, that it meant what it said, ie "You raise the charges, and we'll be off. Our business model does not include financing new runways".

This will confirm to the banks, and to the new owners of BAA, that the project is a financial non-starter.

What's the Spanish for..........

":mad: me, we've got a problem. Let's get the British Government to bale us out with their taxpayers' money. They can guarantee the loans, the guarantees will be called when we can't pay the loans back, and we'll sell out in another coupla years and retire. That lot are stupid enough to do it, and they've got to support their White Paper conclusions, no matter how daft they were".

Perhaps some of the rejected projects for London airport capacity should be dusted off. One or two were viable and sensible. But they were not BAA-owned, and that did for them. But without one of them at least. there will be no new London runway capacity until 2024 at the earliest..remember that LTN was going to increase its capacity, but now will not be doing that.

maxy101
31st Jul 2007, 16:57
":mad: me, we've got a problem. Let's get the British Government to bale us out with their taxpayers' money. They can guarantee the loans, the guarantees will be called when we can't pay the loans back, and we'll sell out in another coupla years and retire. That lot are stupid enough to do it, and they've got to support their White Paper conclusions, no matter how daft they were".

Joder! Tenemos un problema....Los Ingleses estupidos puede paga pour todo...o los EC, pero nunca Ferrovial....
(Spanglish translation)

airhumberside
31st Jul 2007, 17:13
When are we likely to know the dropped/frequency reduced routes at STN?

Musket90
31st Jul 2007, 17:35
If Boeing give Ryanair a spectacularly good deal then Stansted has also done the same since the mid 90's, until recently when they are now being charged an appropriate rate. The "grounding" of aircraft has nothing to do with BAA charges.

Stansted will prosper without further Ryanair expansion - signs are there, Eos, Maxjet both expanding and AA starting this winter with 2 x daily from March 08. Long haul is what Stansted's been crying out for and it now appears to be happening.

IB4138
31st Jul 2007, 18:08
I understand that Ryanair are to out the 15 oldest 738s from the fleet.

Talking of STN, there is also a strong rumour that FedEx are to start operating some MD11 flights to MAN from August and base some feeder aircraft there. It has been known for some time that they wished to establish a hub at MAN.

More entries in the - column for STN.

sky9
31st Jul 2007, 20:45
I would suggest that the reason is that the aircraft are brought at a discount from Boeing then sold out after 5 years at market rate to be replaced with new from the forward order.

Together with the sale and (operating) lease back of 15 aircraft last financial year accounts for a major part of the companies profits.

ped90
1st Aug 2007, 12:45
By looking at the FR winter timetable, this is what the changes at STN look like.

Increases - VST 2xDaily, SZG 3xDaily

Discontinued Routes
LEI, SOB, PIS, PUY, RDZ, VIT, ZAD and EBJ & MMX(already announced)

Reduced Frequency
MPL, TLN, TUF, ZAZ

GRO (to 3xDaily), REU (to 1xDaily), MJV (to 1xDaily), PSA (to 2xDaily), TSF (to 2xDaily).

There maybe others that have been reduced but these do not stand out and there is no way of telling whether these are permanent changes or just seasonal.

Also as this is from FRs timetable please treat it with the caution it deserves and don't flame me if it turns out to be a load of pony!

carbootking
1st Aug 2007, 14:42
in my view ryanair reducing air berlin and sky europe doing the same gives stn some valuble breathing space , 1 leaves another carrier comes in eg AA we all know stn is virtually full so somthing has to go, im looking forward to a nice quiet winter hopefully all the little things that break down every day will be fixed in the winter now .

cesare.caldi
1st Aug 2007, 20:42
Tomorrow Ryanair press conference at SUF, will be annunced new route PSA-SUF. Also will be a press conference at OPO, probably will be annuced a new route (maybe PSA-OPO?)

1st Aug 2007, 21:07
I notice in the map above that it says Hamburg rather than Hamburg-Luebeck

Probably means nothing, but you never know.

janus627
2nd Aug 2007, 06:06
it ALWAYS says Hamburg - it means Lubeck. That´s Ryanairs crazy geographical interpretation...
It´s also Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and even Leipzig on the map. Every airport (Weeze, Hahn and Altenburg >80 km) is more away from the city Ryanair mentions than Lubeck from Hamburg is (=70 km).

2nd Aug 2007, 07:08
There's a bit of inconsistency on it, because it also says Verona-Brescia and Grenoble-Lyon among others, but using the examples of Paris, Brussels etc. I'm sure you're right.

toledoashley
2nd Aug 2007, 09:07
Any ideas on the new routes??

Charlie Roy
2nd Aug 2007, 10:45
Pisa - Lamezia
Pisa - Porto
Charleroi - Forli
Charleroi - Grenoble
Charleroi - Turin

2nd Aug 2007, 10:47
Pisa-Porto is an odd one. I'm not sure I can see a 737-800's worth of passengers on that route.

Charlie Roy
2nd Aug 2007, 11:39
...and Hahn to Budapest.

FLYboh
2nd Aug 2007, 15:34
Have Ryanair finished loading their winter07/08 schedule yet? I ask as BOH is missing 4 of it's routes. If these 4 have been cancelled I am suprised at the loss of Pisa and Madrid as these are performing well now.

Thanks for any help with the above.:ok:

eu01
2nd Aug 2007, 19:34
The concrete frequency reductions do not seem to be finally decided as yet. In some cases you cannot make bookings (any more?) after the end of October while FR is just planning the cuts. Do I remember properly that e.g. Vitoria flights from STN were already bookable for the Winter? Well, now they aren't. And the Spanish press wrote today:
"Ryanair reducirá sus frecuencias a Londres desde Foronda".
Ryanair ha anunciado que aplicará en la próxima temporada de invierno -comienza el 28 de octubre-una 'drástica' política de reducción de operaciones".
So, as they write, FR is going to reduce the frequencies "drastically". Well, in fact maybe not that drastically, but anyway: "Vitoria lleva todas las de perder. Según un portavoz de Ryanair, las frecuencias del enlace con el aeropuerto londinense de Stansted se verán recortadas y pasarán, con toda probabilidad, de cinco a cuatro semanales." From five to four per week.
And it's just an example.

janus627
2nd Aug 2007, 20:03
@840:
they had some lawsuits especially in Germany if they can call eg. Dusseldorf-Weeze Dusseldorf. They won the lawsuit, but they have to call it Dusseldorf-Weeze* *about 70km from Dusseldorf City (they always have to write this with a star).

Hamburg-Lübeck has to be called Hamburg (Luebeck) in Germany, but can be called "Hamburg" outside Germany. Some years ago they had to write Hamburg (LBC) and even Hamburg (Lübeck-Blankensee).

So there is a lot of change in the names on their website, and I wonder if they still know themselve how their destinations are called.

I remember one flight from NYO to LBC some month ago where one of the cabin crew asked her colleague... "welcome to the flight to... ahm, sorry, I have to ask ... A, I see, Hamburg."

eu01
5th Aug 2007, 19:25
Among many sources you might read from in search for some rumours being as far from lies and mystifications as possible, the Financial Times seems to be one of the most reliable ones. Look what I've found some minutes ago on FT.com, just published. Well, I tend to believe this one.Ryanair goes on the attack in Spain

Published: August 5 2007 19:31

Ryanair, the leading European low-cost airline, is establishing two more operating bases in Spain.
The Irish carrier, which has the broadest spread of operations across Europe of any airline, with 20 bases in eight countries, is thought to be close to finalising deals in Valencia and Alicante.

The expected moves will intensify the battle for the Spanish market, the main focus for the expansion of low-cost carriers in Europe after the UK and Germany.
Wow, is it where the spare capacity from Stansted and other bases goes this winter?

dumdumbrain
5th Aug 2007, 19:53
I think the next question should be, does this mean ALC to all of Ryanairs UK bases? Watch out Baby at EMA, looks like it maybe just another route taken from you......

Lee

airhumberside
5th Aug 2007, 20:41
If they go to ALC, I would imagine airports like MME and DSA, as well as FR's bases have the chance to secure an ALC service

dumdumbrain
5th Aug 2007, 20:56
I can tell you now ALC-MME/DSA with Ryanair aint going to happen any time soon, looks like Ryanair is about to take on other airlines on major routes now, and a slight change in direction, from little secondary airports to the likes of TFS, PMI, ALC, makes you wonder whats next. Im sure a ALC base would do very well, and have high loads

Lee

MUFC_fan
5th Aug 2007, 21:53
ALC would probably go to airports such as PIK where there is currently no scheduled link.

I am not so sure about other FR bases following as EZY, TOM and ZB to name afew have many UK FR bases covered such as LTN, BRS, EMA etc.

dumdumbrain
5th Aug 2007, 22:05
Why only PIk, it has GLA near where easyJet fly to ALC, and as for other Uk bases, i dont see why not, if Ryanair can do cheaper then people will fly with them. Ryanair started CIA from EMA even tho easyJet started long before Ryanair did, and TFS where EMA now has a service of some 14 flights aweek, didnt stop Ryanair starting up the route aswell.

I think major airpirts are starting to take note of Ryanair and many are willing to have them fly in at a reduced fee just to keep pax numbers up. Also yeh Ryanair will get alot of competition from other Uk airlines but at the end of the day most people will choose to fly with who is cheaper, esp those second home owners in spain.

Lee

MUFC_fan
5th Aug 2007, 22:18
Yes, but do they always offer the cheapest fare?

FR are very cheap, but they can be out priced by other airlines in certain markets. EZY operate tens of flights per day into ALC from all over the UK, and are KNOWN for doing it. FR are KNOWN for flying to Seville, Granada etc.

The market that FR are trying to push themselves into won't just blossom overnight. They maybe the biggest LC airline in Europe, but when it comes between FR and EZY on the AGP, FAO ALC etc routes, EZY wins hands down, and will continue in the near future.

Livinginthepast
6th Aug 2007, 04:03
Ryanair seem to like few things more than challenging Easyjet. They outcompeted them on the Irish (Republic of) routes and are about to take them on on the Belfast routes. Alicante will be just another market to compete for them and I expect quite successfully.

MUFC_fan
6th Aug 2007, 07:05
There is a difference between fighting EZY on FR's homeland and EZY's homeland.

EZY have VERY little presence in the EIRE market whereas FR is the countries biggest.

Fighting EZY where they are strongest - the UK - where they have 10 bases does give EZY the very biggest of edges.

On the BFS/BHD situation, EZY and LS seem to be reacting to the FR news as LS have put 08 summer flights on sale and also EZY have launched new routes. But remember, FR will only be able to carry 140 passengers and lugging a 738 around Europe with only 74% full a/c max, it will take it's toll and FR won't look so cheap in Northern Ireland.

Anyway, this is one of a billion FR v EZY convos, we will just have to wait and see.

gate 22
6th Aug 2007, 07:17
Who will pay the fines for FR late arrivals at BHD? increasing from 21.30-23.30. Payments to airport and local community for every half hour the flight is delayed. If later than 23.30 - midnight, landing fees etc at BFS then hiring a bus down to BHD or will they in the FR fashion leave the passengers at BFS. To avoid this all their flights will have to arrive quite early in the day. However if they create very busy periods at set times, there will be no room for their aircraft creating delays etc.

EGAC_Ramper
6th Aug 2007, 10:34
The flights going into BHD I'm sure are all planned during the mid afternoon etc. EMA's flight arrives at 13.40. Obviously we are all expecting a further announcement as to what the european routes entail.

Where did this 140pax limit for BHD come from? I'd be interested to read it or see it for myself from a working interest perspective;) I know Derry is 141pax limited inbound much the same lenth as BHD in runway terms, however then Inverness is again much the same and we have no pax limits to operate in there.

As for ALC+EZY FR and EZY are both reat at marketing and once word is out then they can expect passengers. FR presently are trying to unsettle EZY all over the park.Wouldn't be surprised to see Edinburgh/Newcaslte open up as FR bases in years to come.

Regards

Belboy
6th Aug 2007, 14:47
The passenger limit of max 140, was stated by Peter Sherrard the Ryanair spokesman at the city when the announcement was made a couple of weeks ago.
The fines for airlines arriving after the declared closing time are not imposed on the existing carriers, are you sure they are to be levied on Ryanair if they are late?

gate 22
6th Aug 2007, 15:30
Part of the planning review recommendations was that as an airline has to pay the airport for opening late due to delays, the planners suggested that a payment be also made to the local community rising increments depending on the lateness of the delay. As there is to be a hearing in September won by opposers to the cap being lifted, the whole planning review agreement has not been implemented yet. This will not happen until the outcome of the above hearing has been carried out.

cesare.caldi
6th Aug 2007, 16:27
Rumors report Valencia will be the next Ryanair base. Probably will be annunced this week.

kubik
6th Aug 2007, 16:33
Just a base or new routes too?

cesare.caldi
6th Aug 2007, 16:35
I belive will be a new Ryanair base.

MUFC_fan
6th Aug 2007, 18:48
So can we have a guess at new routes?

I am guessing they will base 2 a/c for starters at the airport as that is what they usually do. Ok then..:

Liverpool
Shannon
Bremen
Budapest
Tenerife South
Fuerteventura
Oslo
Blackpool:O
Bournemouth

eu01
7th Aug 2007, 06:07
Michael O’Leary told The Times that Ryanair would follow easyJet and Flybe by quoting the total fare at all stages of the booking process on its website.
The European Commission has been investigating budget airline pricing policies amid concern that passengers are being deceived. It is expected to table legislation requiring all taxes and charges to be quoted throughout the booking process.
Anticipating the commission’s action, EasyJet and Flybe have moved to all-inclusive pricing in the past few weeks.
Ryanair (...) would adopt the same practice early next year, once it has changed its booking system software.

egnxema
7th Aug 2007, 08:29
Well if EZY claim to quote inc taxes & charges all the way through the process, why does the final quotation also add.....
Third-party airport operator charges & government taxes
per adult or child
£22.00
(per person)
:confused:
I actually prefer the current Ryanair way of pricing.

ESCNI
7th Aug 2007, 08:38
EZY do now quote those extras throughout their booking procedure.

I suspect that they only indicate them at the end in order to clearly highlight the fees that are beyond their control.

So, why on earth would you actually prefer the current Ryanair way of pricing?

:eek:

tallseabird
7th Aug 2007, 08:40
Just tried looking for a flight from BHD to LPL in December but there are only flights from BHD-LPL and not from LPL-BHD, seems a bit strange

MUFC_fan
7th Aug 2007, 08:50
I tried that last night, don't know why. Are they going to use a BHD aircraft to fly the reverse and swap a/c?:confused: Will just be a glich in the system.

ESCNI
7th Aug 2007, 08:51
Sounds like a glitch.

(.....sorry MUFC, I wasn't just correcting your spelling.)

gate 22
7th Aug 2007, 08:54
is it max 140 pax when landing or departing BHD can't remember, so if when landing maybe the flights are already full!!!

OltonPete
7th Aug 2007, 11:11
Taken from another forum, rumoured new routes and a possible press conference tomorrow. Also ft.com and independent.ie reporting that Valencia and/or Alicante bases could be announced soon: -

"Dublin to Basel (
Dublin to Budapest
Dublin to Katowice
Dublin to Marrakech
Dublin to Nice
Dublin to Prague
Dublin to Szczecin"

Peter

7th Aug 2007, 11:27
The one that stands out there is Nice as Ryanair haven't touched it so far. Unless Toulon is counting as an approximation to Nice.

Charlie Roy
7th Aug 2007, 11:38
Well Prague isn't a current Ryanair destination either, but it's appearance fits in with rumours.

Budapest to Dublin shows on the routemap, but may be a glitch... ?

eu01
8th Aug 2007, 07:14
According to Danish press (Børsen), Ryanair is intensively negotiating with Dannish airports (Købennhavn-Kastrup and Roskilde) in order to find the replacement for Malmö-Sturup, that is to be axed in October. "The Øresund region is very important to us" - it's the official declaration, but so is the money. And here the main problem is. FR still wants to get some concessions from the airport's authorities and keeps complaining about charges. Why did they so abruptly retreat from MMX? Well, they seem to make MANY abrupt decisions nowadays...

Btw. Are there any FR press conferences going to take place today, as hinted here?

S78
8th Aug 2007, 08:13
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanair-refusal-forces-47-teen-students-to-make-22hour-trek-1053418.html

So, RYR have a tech delay, resulting in you missing a RYR flight by a couple of minutes, and you still have to pay up:mad:

This is why I don't fly RYR, Their attitude stinks.

S78

UPS@EMA
8th Aug 2007, 08:25
Im sorry you feel this way S78, but you would of had the same response from Easyjet, bmibaby, Jet2. They are all point to point carriers. there is no connection available. if you miss the check in time then u miss the flight. its in the small print. simple as that. There attitude may stink but its company policy. Would you break company policy to help???? if it was your job on the line then the answer is no.

VanBosh
8th Aug 2007, 08:25
What has that got to do with this forum?

Ryanair clearly state that they are a point to point airline. These guys were late for the flight - whats the problem?

RAT 5
8th Aug 2007, 09:47
I'll be curious what RYR include in their 'all inclusive price'. At present they include various insurances. Some you can delete, others not. The 'wheelchair' levy is a scam and nothing more than a hidden profit earner blamed on some judge's ruling. Non deletable. Then there is another insurance, non deletable, but I can't find out what is being insured. Then there is a deletable travel insurance, which if you do so, and then go back a page to check your data, will again be added to the final bill when you arrive at the final booking page. You then once again have to trawl all the way back to the beginning to delete it.
With all inclusive pricing I wonder if these extra profit earners will be fixed and can not be removed.

I've always been curious how EZ can add taxes & charges at certain airports which are below the standard local rates that every operator has to pay. They have (used to have) a fixed add on for all routes. Either there is cross subsidy across the network for simplicity, or some of the actual charges have been included in the ticket price. They do not get subsidised airport charges at the major places. All have to pay the same.

eu01
8th Aug 2007, 10:11
I don't think it has to be 'all inclusive' price. It only has to be a 'rock-bottom' price that you have to pay while scrapping everything just to get on board with minimum frills. So, as you are at present unable to get your ticket without paying a wheelchair levy, it will have to be included in this basic price. Every travel insurance has been optional, it will not have to be included in the minimum price. Airport taxes - yes, priority boarding - no. And so on.

WHBM
8th Aug 2007, 10:49
Ryanair clearly state that they are a point to point airline. These guys were late for the flight - whats the problem?
I've actually found Ryanair to be straightforward when I've missed a flight, eg accident on the M11 to Stansted delayed many passengers. The charge for rebooking is little different to other carriers. And that seems to be what they were going to do here.

What was different was there was a party of 47 children who refused to be split up between different flights. This must be a problem which afflicts any carrier where a large group gets misconnected, it would happen on BA at Heathrow as well. So how do others handle it ?

For those who say "Ah, but this was in the middle of a continuous journey" possibly don't realise that many passengers "connecting" at Heathrow on mainstream carriers nowadays are doing the same thing. One of the by-products of web ticket sales means that buying two tickets can be very much cheaper than any through ticket option (with justification, as they don't have all the costs of baggage repatriation for bags lost in the connection). Many passengers choose to do this nowadays at Heathrow and in a number of cases (eg where you change between carriers/alliances) it is no longer possible to get through tickets at all. The days of universal interlining on legacy carriers have gone. And with it the responsibilities of "looking after you throughout".

befree
8th Aug 2007, 11:17
They had not missed the flight but were 2 minutes late at checkin. It seems this was due to a 5 hour delay on the ryanair flight into london. Ryanair will count them as having flown as far as pax stats go but will make extra profit by pocketing the tax that it collected but will not have to pass on to HMC&R.

Ryanair may be legal in what it does but not wise. I am sure than 1000s who read the story in the irish press will avoid ryanair where possible.

Charlie Roy
8th Aug 2007, 11:22
Okay, okay, whatever :cool:

Can we get back to talking about Ryanair bases and routes and expansion. Stories of pissed off customers don't fit the definition "rumours" do they?

kubik
8th Aug 2007, 11:27
Probably tomorrow new base - Valencia - will be release.

eu01
8th Aug 2007, 11:50
And what is going to happen in Italy? From November, the capacity at Ciampino Airport will be reduced by 30 percent. Much of Ryanair traffic (if not all) will be lost.

"This is nothing more than the latest illegal attempt by ENAC and the Italian government to limit the growth of low-cost carriers to protect Alitalia," Michael O'Leary told a news conference today and... filed a lawsuit against Italy's aviation authority for cutting traffic. "Ryanair would not want Alitalia even for free" - added MOL.

Jippie
9th Aug 2007, 05:37
According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl (http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=21471) (sorry, dutch only) a Ryanair spokesman said that they will anounce new routes to Eindhoven and Maastricht today. He also said that the expansion in Maastricht will be bigger then the one in Eindhoven. So I suspect that they will (indeed) announce their Valencia base tomorrow, including a daily flight to Eindhoven. As of yet I do not have a clue what the new routes to Maastricht might be. Will be interesting to see!

AMS flyer
9th Aug 2007, 07:13
It's almost certain that Ryanair will annouce two new bases today: VLC and ALC. Probably MST will be one of the destinations served out of ALC and EIN one of the new destinations served out of VLC.

:ok:

Aisle2c
9th Aug 2007, 09:07
So does that mean an end to their association with Murcia/San Javier ?

VanBosh
9th Aug 2007, 09:26
ALC confirmed as new base!

11 new routes:
Baden
Basel
Billund
Bournemouth
Brussels
Doncaster
East Midlands
Gotenburg
Maastrict
Milan
Paris

DUB - Vitoria and STN - Vitoria cancelled.

MOL will probably pop on to Valencia next to announce the second base.

Interestingly, in the release they said they will deploy 2 737's, they usually say new 737's. I wonder are these coming from Stansted?

dumdumbrain
9th Aug 2007, 09:45
MJV will continue, over the last few years Ryanair has been flying to it, it has picked up many second home owners in the Murcia area. Enough pax to go round for both ALC and MJV. At EMA MJV is one of most popular routes, along with DUB, infact most the routes from EMA are doing very well and most better than expected.

Does anyone know the routes? I think it is fair to say with how popular Alicante is with ex-pats n 2nd home owners the base will have very high loads even in the winter, if these flights are to Germany, and the UK.

Well done Ryanair at opening a base at a major airport, all a good sign and im sure it will be a strong performing base.

Lee

p.s. cheers for the routes, im sure it will do very very from EMA, but it means ALC now has FR (MJV aswell), EZY and WW from EMA...... Who will carry the most and who will drop the route if any...... Come on bring on the fight ;)

VanBosh
9th Aug 2007, 10:03
Ryanair flight from ALC to VLC due to land at 1055 (1155 Spanish Time)

Obviously the base announcement!

dumdumbrain
9th Aug 2007, 10:12
Could you tell me the source of the routes from ALC please?????/

Lee

UPS@EMA
9th Aug 2007, 10:12
Valencia showing up as a base on route map now. 21 routes in total

Lee, Ryanair Web site

VanBosh
9th Aug 2007, 10:14
VLC new Routes

Baden
Basel
Billund
Bologna
Dusseldorf
Liverpool
Maastrict
Malta
Paris
Porto
Santiago

dumdumbrain
9th Aug 2007, 10:14
Sorry it wasnt when i first looked,,, right then im going on Crewdock and put my name down to move i think

Lee

JulietNovemberPapa
11th Aug 2007, 08:20
"Does anyone know whats happening with ryanair's stn-pmi flights. Flights for next summer are not on sale yet?"

Don't panic: no FR flights are yet on sale for the summer period (i.e. beyond the end of March 2008). And it'll be a few months until they are.

Knight
12th Aug 2007, 17:13
Hi guyz! ... & guls:E

Does anyone know whether Ryanair has any spare capacity left at Madrid to operate additional rotations from this base?

And what are the likely new destinations to be operated by FR from MAD in the near future?

Thanks a million,

Knight

jack_essex
12th Aug 2007, 17:58
If there are any new MAD routes, then I would love to see a STN route.

lplsprog
13th Aug 2007, 08:19
The rumour earlier on was LPL, this would be head to head with EZY whose loads have been near capacity for a long time. Maybe it would serve EZY right if for not increasing capacity if someone else came in and shared the spoils!:rolleyes:

MUFC_fan
13th Aug 2007, 13:16
On the wikipedia website, it says that Ryanair are to launch Beauvais-Gatwick flights, starting 2007.

Is this true?

en2r
13th Aug 2007, 13:20
On the wikipedia website, it says that Ryanair are to launch Beauvais-Gatwick flights, starting 2007.

Is this true?
This is just for the Rugby World Cup in September. They're also running a Stansted-Beauvais route. Both routes have been for sale for a while on the FR website.

Thorsen
13th Aug 2007, 17:21
It seems that Ryanair will cut a lot of routes from the winter schedule. These are the ones I found on their website, the list is not filtered for already announced route cuts and seasonal routes.

Bournemouth-Shannon
Bournemouth-Nantes
Bournemouth-Marseille
Bournemouth-Pisa
Bournemouth-Madrid

Stansted-Zadar
Stansted-Pula
Stansted-Balaton
Stansted-Almeria

Liverpool-Santiago
Liverpool-Santander
Liverpool-Kaunas
Liverpool-Bergerac
Liverpool-Ancona
Liverpool-Alghero

East Midlands-Rimini
East Midlands-Nîmes
East Midlands-Bergerac
East Midlands-Alghero

Dublin-Almeria
Dublin-La Rochelle
Dublin-Pula
Dublin-Seville
Dublin-Trapani
Dublin-Vitoria
Dublin-Marseille

Shannon-Biarritz
Shannon-Lodz
Shannon-Murcia
Shannon-Rome
Shannon-Venice

Pisa-Alicante
Pisa-Billund
Pisa-Bremen
Pisa-Torp
Pisa-Palma de Mallorca

Marseille-Prestwick
Marseille-Lübeck

Hahn-Murcia
Hahn-Granada
Hahn-Biarritz
Hahn-Balaton

Bremen-Verona

Madrid-Shannon
Madrid-Gothenburg

Dublin Airgirl
13th Aug 2007, 17:31
are these the routes that are to be cut? seems like an awful lot. if there are five more going from snn that will cause uproar surely. though ryanair are having a gig down there tomorrow morn so that migth make sense.

ryan2000
13th Aug 2007, 18:25
Those Shannon routes were earmarked for closure some weeks ago but the Ryanair PR machine announced several new routes for Shannon on the same day so there's no net loss or gain for Shannon which will continue to have 4 aircraft based there at least untill the Christmas 2004 deal comes up for renewal.

Santa Claus couldn't have matched Shannon Airport's generosity that year. Ask Thompsonfly, British Airways Regional, Hapag Lyod expess, Flybe, Easyjet and Aerlingus.

airhumberside
13th Aug 2007, 18:37
DSA-Pisa also axed

I would be surprised if PSA-ALC was axed,as it was included in the ALC base press release last week

markmartin
13th Aug 2007, 19:41
Madrid-Gothenburg hasn´t been axed, flights are already on sale for next winter season.

james170969
13th Aug 2007, 21:56
Marseille-Prestwick hasn't been axed - it's a summer only route and therefore should recommence next year. However I am disappointed in Ryanair in that Prestwick - Charleroi isn't operating 7 days a week. At one point a few years ago it operated twice a day. I fly to Belgium several times per year but I'm not prepared to pay several hundred pounds which is why I have flown with Ryanair in the past. Now, if they don't fly on the days that I want then I have to look at other means of travel such as flying to London and then to Brussels by Eurostar or even travelling by train the whole way.

egnxema
14th Aug 2007, 08:33
Axed may be too strong a word! Many of the routes, especially the EMA routes mentioned, are seasonal routes which did not operate during the last winter season either, but did reappear at the beginging of the summer. I have no doubt all 4 of the EMA routes listed will re-commence at the end of March 08.

In the mean time, the capacity will be used on Tenerife and the Ski routes.

VanBosh
14th Aug 2007, 11:00
Did anyone read Ryanair's proposal on their website?

Absolute genius - they have forced the government to vote for or against the shannon closure, as the unions will vote to keep it as will Ryanair, the govt will have a major say and will have to interfere.

Once they do all hell will break loose!!

Think I'll buy 1 share so I can attend the EGM!

vkid
14th Aug 2007, 11:27
dont think most of the government give a fiddlers. According to RTE Mr Dempsey has gone on holidays

akerosid
14th Aug 2007, 11:36
Very interesting move:

Govt votes against SNN: Clare/Limerick/Tipp TDs resign whips ... govt falls?

Govt votes for SNN route: EI mgmt resigns.

Machievelli would be proud!

O'Leary is just enjoying this far too much!

vkid
14th Aug 2007, 11:38
Ryanair press conference at Shannon this morning
Ryanair: We'll step in if Aer Lingus leaves Shannon
14/08/2007 - 11:57:13http://breakingnews.ie/new/images/icons/text_increase_small_on.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:ts%28%27body%27,-1%29) http://breakingnews.ie/new/images/icons/text_increase_large_on.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:ts%28%27body%27,1%29)
Ryanair has said it will provide three additional flights to London from Shannon if Aer Lingus proceeds with its plan to close the Shannon-Heathrow route.

Ryanair says the move will "ensure Shannon Airport’s capacity and traffic does not fall as a result of this Aer Lingus closure".

The new flights would include a fourth daily flight to London Stansted, a second daily flight to London Gatwick and a daily flight to London Luton.

Ryanair’s London services will therefore increase from four to seven flights daily if the move goes ahead.

Ryanair - which owns a 25% share of Aer Lingus - has also formally asked Aer Lingus to call an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) to discuss the proposed Shannon-Heathrow pull-out.

In a statement today, Ryanair said that it would, if so requested by the Government, "be willing to vote its 25% shareholding in favour of the motion to retain Aer Lingus' existing profitable Shannon-Heathrow services.

"Alternatively the Government could ask Ryanair to abstain from voting, which would give the Government and the Employee Share Ownership Trust (ESOT) a majority at the EGM and allow them to save Shannon’s Heathrow services. On its own, Ryanair’s 25% stake will be insufficient to influence this decision.

"The trade unions, who between them own almost 20% of Aer Lingus, have already indicated that they would vote in favour of retaining Aer Lingus' Shannon-Heathrow services.

"Therefore all that is needed to save Aer Lingus' current Shannon-Heathrow services is for Bertie Ahern’s Government (acting as a 25% shareholder) to lift a finger and vote in favour of the motion at the EGM."

MUFC_fan
14th Aug 2007, 11:41
Aren't ost of the passengers flying on the SNN-LHR route wanting connection flights? Why would they travel to LGW, STN or LTN for this, they don't have that many connections.

Is it possible for a government to force an airline to operate a route?

ryan2000
14th Aug 2007, 11:44
Government might as well buy Aerlingus back if it goes down this road. Why should private investors fund an airline run for the benefit of Shannon Airport?

14th Aug 2007, 11:48
Is there any danger that he's shooting himself in the foot with this one?

If he uses his shareholding to get Aer Lingus to operate in a way that is detrimental to Aer Lingus, but beneficial for Ryanair, he could be forced to sell the shares and he won't be setting the price.

ryan2000
14th Aug 2007, 11:53
Wouldn't it suit Ryanair if Aerlingus took a slot from Cork, then Ryanair could increase their yield on ORK-STN and ORK-LGW. At present EI plan 5 A321's a day from ORK-LHR next summer which should ensure that Ryanair's yield will remain at current levels

vkid
14th Aug 2007, 11:56
you have to wonder how private it really is though when you think of the governments share, the employees/pilots share and Ryanair(i know, but i think they're in it for more than money) comes to nearly 70%. If it was to be a fully commercial entity why did the government keep 25% of it. Its a bit of a mess all round really . FF have screwed this up completely

boyzinblue
14th Aug 2007, 12:05
The Shannon to Luton route was already announced on 31 st of May. A bit rich from FR to claim that they are increasing flights from 4 daily to 7 daily as a result of the AerLingus decision.

en2r
14th Aug 2007, 12:14
Aren't ost of the passengers flying on the SNN-LHR route wanting connection flights? Why would they travel to LGW, STN or LTN for this, they don't have that many connections.
No there were official figures which showed that just 25% of passengers were connecting. 75% were just travelling to the London Area

Aisle2c
14th Aug 2007, 13:48
Is there any danger that he's shooting himself in the foot with this one?

If he uses his shareholding to get Aer Lingus to operate in a way that is detrimental to Aer Lingus, but beneficial for Ryanair, he could be forced to sell the shares and he won't be setting the price.

As someone else suggested, if AL is forced to change the likelihood is that their share price will fall, the private investors might offload and O'Leary can increase his shareholding.

CaptKremin
14th Aug 2007, 14:07
Stock Market rules preclude O'Leary from increasing his holding further.
If he does, he has to bid for the company (a buyout).
Since that has already been rejected by the EU he is precluded from making any such offer.
He is thus in a stalemate.
So forget that theory.

eu01
14th Aug 2007, 15:42
The shift in Ryanair's route policy (from small to big airports) does continue.

Today in Spain FR has confirmed it is going to terminate all its operations to/from Vitoria (Spain) at the end of October. Some data emerged, however, about the financial support that the carrier has received from the Society of Promotion of the Airport of Foronda (VIA, la Sociedad de Promoción del Aeropuerto de Foronda) in order to promote the existing routes and develop new ones. The agreement signed with Ryanair amounted to 1.050.000 euros, all the money has been paid already. Will the sum be returned to Vitoria after the retreat... don't you have some doubts?

An other news comes from Czechia. The rumours about Prague as a new FR destination should be confirmed at a press conference in Ruzyne that is imminent. Among the destinations will be Dublin for sure, how many more? We shall see tomorrow.

airhumberside
14th Aug 2007, 16:07
I beleive from another forum FR held slots at Prague for EIN and BOH among other routes

Charlie Roy
14th Aug 2007, 16:54
The rumours about Prague as a new FR destination should be confirmed at a press conference in Ruzyne that is imminent.

Define imminent.

Jippie
14th Aug 2007, 17:10
According to Interfax there's a press conference at Prague Airport tomorrow, announcing a "new airline at prague airport". I don't which airline that will be, but it could be Ryanair.

eu01
14th Aug 2007, 17:40
Well indeed, the press conference will be held tomorrow at 11:00 AM. The authorities at PRG airport had refused to name the new carrier, but even FR's competitor Sky Europe is 95% sure it will be them. "It's in their style. But there won't be any Ryanair base in Prague now" - said Sky's Jan Čamek.

Sky Europe could be one of the low-costs hit by this development.

kubik
14th Aug 2007, 18:34
It's obvious. SkyEurope is going to leave Krakow because of FR (there was a gossip about FR's new base in Krakow) and now they are frightened of FR's new destination - Prague (may be the same situation as in Krakow).

Charlie Roy
14th Aug 2007, 19:07
Saint Etienne (Lyon) - Glasgow Prestwick route showing up in drop downs, but no flights in booking engine....

Charlie Roy
14th Aug 2007, 19:39
Ryanair booking engine already shows extra LGW and STN flights from Shannon starting February 14th.

The flights will be operated by a Shannon based aircraft. It is not obvious however, which of the existing routes will see time changes, frequency reductions, or an axing of the route, to allow for these new flights to London.

APB44
14th Aug 2007, 21:43
PIK-EBU is not a new route but there is just some flights for Rugby World Cup match in the end of september.

CaptKremin
14th Aug 2007, 22:25
Define imminent.

Same definition as that promise of an 'imminent' announcement about the new Ryanair Long Haul airline.
I think it was 6 months ago.

Livinginthepast
14th Aug 2007, 22:33
Who cares, you will know tomorrow.

UPS@EMA
15th Aug 2007, 10:18
I see this 11am press conference hasnt happened.

Any further news about PRG???

Regards

CaptKremin
15th Aug 2007, 10:41
Its imminent.

kubik
15th Aug 2007, 10:44
today? tomorrow? next month?

UPS@EMA
15th Aug 2007, 11:00
kubic,

ill continue your thread - next year, NEVER??????

Imminent is a crap word TBH. it means nothing. If PRG comes to fruition, what routes should we expect???? DUB, GRO, STN?? EMA?? LPL?? HHN??

Regards

Stu

eu01
15th Aug 2007, 11:01
Kubik, don't be impatient. Polish and Czech languages are not far apart, you should understand this:Změna času TK.
--------------------
Praha - 15:30 TK k příchodu nové letecké společnosti na Letiště Praha.
Today, but at 15:30

kubik
15th Aug 2007, 11:07
eu01 > you're wrong, Polish and Czech are very far apart, there are many words which look the same, but mean different.

JulietNovemberPapa
15th Aug 2007, 11:18
A month or so ago FR applied for slots for:

DUB-PRG-DUB = once-daily
PRG-BOH-PRG = once-daily
PRG-EIN-PRG = once-daily
PRG-NRN-PRG = once-daily
NYO-PRG-NYO = thrice-weeklyThat doesn't mean that they will materalise, but it's certainly interesting.

Wiggly Bob
15th Aug 2007, 11:49
I speak neither but know that 15:30 means half past three!!:ugh:

VanBosh
15th Aug 2007, 12:23
15:30 in Praha is 14:30 in Irl / UK.

Dublin Airgirl
15th Aug 2007, 13:00
there's a press conference scheduled for Dub at the same time... Any others happening?

JulietNovemberPapa
15th Aug 2007, 13:31
The announcement might be about its forthcoming flights from PRG, previously mentioned as being DUB, NRN, EIN, BOH and NYO, but also about its new routes from DUB, previously mentioned as being BSL, BUD, KTW, RAK, NCE, PRG, and SZZ.

Charlie Roy
15th Aug 2007, 13:32
Ya, only new Dublin routes on route map, including DUB - PRG.

JulietNovemberPapa
15th Aug 2007, 13:37
On its website:

DUB-PRG
DUB-NCE
DUB-SZZ
DUB-BSL
DUB-BUD
DUB-KTW

Both PRG and NCE are brand-new destinations for FR.

There isn't yet an official statement.

MUFC_fan
15th Aug 2007, 14:14
They are obviously bumping up BOH for a new base.

They are carrying pretty much the same number of passengers on their daily DUB service as Blackpool and Doncaster but still they get extra services.

Starting to build a profile at Basel which won't please EZY if they are to continue.

JulietNovemberPapa
15th Aug 2007, 14:29
I am delighted that both NCE and PRG will be served by FR - two brand-new cities for the airline.

The introduction of NCE means FR will now serve 20 French destinations.

BUD will have 7 routes.

BSL will have 5 routes.

I am pleased to see that BTS, KUN, KRK and RIX go to daily.

Aisle2c
15th Aug 2007, 18:09
Are Ryanair getting any special discount for operating so many routes out of Dublin (I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm curious how he can put on so many routes at full landing charges).

MUFC_fan
15th Aug 2007, 18:58
1. He probably won't be paying full charges at the airport. Most carriers usually have different rates, I'm guessing EI having the best deal with operating long haul services. The only carriers that pay full prices are the ones that only offer a limited number of services such as MON and FCA who operate charter flights.

2. Most FR flights don't make a profit off of air fares, but include onboard service (drinks & duty free etc.), car hire, hotels, credit cards - the list goes on - they end up making HUGE profits.

3. IF they did pay full charges then they would certainly make it up at some of the airports they fly to. Remember Derry PAYING them to fly there?!

Based
15th Aug 2007, 19:49
I see one of the 5 daily DUB-ORK rotations will be done using a DUB-based aircraft from the winter. Cork aircraft not doing anything instead though, just starting later, finishing earlier!

Aisle2c
15th Aug 2007, 19:55
1. He probably won't be paying full charges at the airport. Most carriers usually have different rates, I'm guessing EI having the best deal with operating long haul services. The only carriers that pay full prices are the ones that only offer a limited number of services such as MON and FCA who operate charter flights.

But he'd be paying the full price in Cork, as would Aer Lingus ?

Charlie Roy
15th Aug 2007, 20:04
Well Cork have a fantastic Route Support Scheme where new routes get significantly reduced charges for the first 5 years :ok: However Ryanair don't seem the slightest be interested in this scheme.

If they were they could introduce routes such as PIK, CRL, HHN, GRO, FUE, MRS, VLC, BGY, PSA, PMI, KUN, EMA etc etc etc and get a very nice deal! But instead they use their Cork aircraft mainly on DUB which was an exisiting route and therefore didn't qualify for the Route Support Scheme. And what's more, I'm convinced they're making mucho losses on ORK - DUB.

(Even Aer Lingus aren't tempted by the Route Support Scheme, instead opting for new routes to already served Manchester and Birmingham in recent history).

Aisle2c
15th Aug 2007, 20:14
It's like a stand off to see what happens with the airport debt perhaps ?

ryan2000
15th Aug 2007, 20:53
How will Malev and CSA react to having both Ryanair and Aerlingus as competitors on BUD and PRG?

MarkD
15th Aug 2007, 20:57
charlie - MOL is probably sulking because he didn't get his way over the old terminal.

positive
15th Aug 2007, 21:20
I must be missing something here,in their press release Ryanair quote
These new aircraft and routes have been facilitated by the recent opening of Check-in Area 14, and the opening of Pier D in October
Yet Ryanair are always slagging the DAA over their facilities and planned developments and object to every planning application for development at Dublin.Maybe they are running out of major airports to argue with.Their recent row with Stansted and removal of 7 based aircraft there will have little affect there.But with their highest yields being achieved ex Dublin they are still expanding there,busines is business at the end of the day.

Livinginthepast
16th Aug 2007, 05:08
They go where the money is. They should buy some shares in Aer Lingus, oops, they already have. No announcement on Shannon routes yet. Waiting for the protectionist racket to die down first methinks.

markmartin
16th Aug 2007, 10:26
6 new routes from MAD, starting next winter season:
Alghero (Sardinia) 30 Oct 07
Cagliari (Sardinia) 28 Oct 07
Barcelona (Girona) 28 Oct 07
Francfort (Hahn) 30 Oct 07
Liverpool 30 Oct 07
Santander 29 Oct 07
I'm afraid Shannon, Faro and Bournemouth will all be axed (also Malmoë, but that was already known).

JulietNovemberPapa
16th Aug 2007, 13:28
Those new routes from MAD are on Ryanair.com, although there isn't yet an official statement.

MAD-GRO = daily
MAD-SDR = daily
MAD-HHN = daily
MAD-AHO = 3x weekly
MAD-CAG = 4x weekly
MAD-LPL = 3x weekly

After cutting MAD-SNN, -BOH, and -FAO, and adding the new 6 routes, FR will have 18 routes to/from MAD.

FR will now have 6 domestic Spain flights: MAD-SDR; MAD-GRO; GRO-GRX; GRO-TFS; GRO-FUE; and VLC-SVQ.

AHO will now have 12 routes and SDR 6.

airhumberside
16th Aug 2007, 13:43
Are the domestic routes once daily, or more frequent?

trustno1
16th Aug 2007, 13:46
Any news re Dub - Rak?

JulietNovemberPapa
16th Aug 2007, 13:50
"Are the domestic routes once daily, or more frequent?"

As I said, they're daily. Of course, frequencies could later change.

"Any news re Dub - Rak?"

I haven't heard anything yet.

It's funny that so few people have mentioned that both PRG and NCE are brand-new - and pretty exciting - destinations for FR.

Cheers,

James.

Jippie
16th Aug 2007, 23:58
MAD-CRL will go to 2x daily instead of 4x weekly from the end of october.

markmartin
17th Aug 2007, 06:01
Flights between MAD and BVA will also be increased from 1 daily to 2 daily.

Mr A Tis
17th Aug 2007, 06:36
If RYR have a spare MAD acft, then MAN is still looking for a replacement MAD service. Would go against EZY over at LPL & add to their MAN - DUB & SNN routes.

dwlpl
17th Aug 2007, 12:42
If RYR have a spare MAD acft, then MAN is still looking for a replacement MAD service. Would go against EZY over at LPL & add to their MAN - DUB & SNN routes.

Ryanair confirmed the Liverpool to Madrid route a few days ago.

Mr A Tis
17th Aug 2007, 12:51
Whoops missed that one:ouch:

So Liverpool have both Ryanair & Easy Jet on the LPL-MAD route. Poor Manchester had two flights a day & now have none.:eek:

dwlpl
17th Aug 2007, 12:55
.... EZY should have had this route sewn up for themselves and gone 2*daily a while back.

Its been one of the best in terms of load factor since it started the route years ago.

glasgowpik
17th Aug 2007, 13:51
Many new planes needed for the recent expansion of winter schedule routes.
Does anyone know if FR is going to use the 7 aircrafts withdrawn from Stansted during the winter season?
Maybe some member might have a look at the registration codes of these planes when the new routes will start.

Patuta
17th Aug 2007, 22:36
Stansted isn't the only airport affected by FR's winter cut.

In the German Hahn-Forum (http://www.hahn-infos.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59183&postcount=9) there are rumors going, one of the Hahn-based planes might be leased to the States during European winter season to step in for charter flights to the Caribbean.

dumdumbrain
18th Aug 2007, 08:48
I think its a good idea what Ryanair is doing, no point in flying empty a/c round europe for the fun of it, it will keep the load factor high. Its just a case of supply n demand. Which is why we are seeing an increased number of sun routes, like ALC and TFS, and AGP in the spring.

Durring my training I was told by Ryanair Direct that we know its going to be a hard year for us, but we have the cash funds to ride it out, you get this every few years and yes some of the smaller carriers will go out of business or drop some routes. A good example of this will be Belfast from EMA over the next few months. And it looks like easyJet are gearing up to cut back to EMA since Ryanair are starting a fight for EMA. (Look at EMA forum).

Saying that Ryanair at EMA are adding new a/c over the winter with new exciting routes, TFS and ALC, more Polish routes like Poznan.

Lee

True Blue
18th Aug 2007, 09:35
Dumdumbrain, why are you so sure that WW will drop bfs when fr start bhd? How are fr going to offer a service to compete at a restricted airport?

True Blue

Dublin Airgirl
18th Aug 2007, 09:36
so ryanair has agreed to wet lease two planes to ei during next week's flights. how's that going to go down do you think? will ialpa's ryanair members fly them?

MUFC_fan
18th Aug 2007, 09:38
I think FR are realising that more people want to take winter hoidays to sunny destinations, and the Canary Islands are the best place to go. LS operated these routes last year, and have this year added LPA to their schedule and also expanded on their Tenerife and Lanzarote routes.

I think FR are trying to get a good foot in the Canary Island market before EZY turn up. They are getting nearer! (Madeira!):ok:

Personally, I think this is a good move by FR, and I wouldn't be surprised if TFS isn't turned into a base before long!

kubik
19th Aug 2007, 12:28
probably a new route, PUY-CRL - as you can see one the route map ;)

greensides101
19th Aug 2007, 13:35
Anyone know if FR will only offer this route over Winter 07/08 or is it likely to be offered for summer 2008 as well
Thanks

Charlie Roy
19th Aug 2007, 14:28
probably a new route, PUY-CRL - as you can see one the route mapPula (PUY) - Charleroi has been visible on the routemap since the day Pau (PUF) - Charleroi appeared on the routemap. So it seems to be an I.T. hiccup rather than a new route :(

As for Liverpool to Tenerife South, I understand it will be a year round route. The Ryanair agreement with Tenerife South is precisely to provide year round routes.

eu01
19th Aug 2007, 16:08
Pula? No way, not a single route will be added there. In contrary, PUY is another new destination that FR just started to fly to (some four months ago) being doomed to be discontinued very soon, at the end of October. The same fate will share also the second Dalmatian airport - in Zadar. I've just read how shocked by such an unexpected development the local Croatian authorities and businesses in both cities are.

I don't know how deeply involved in recent schedules' changes and route maps' rearrangements MOL has been, or was there someone else backing this hassle, but the one responsible for the latest switches is behaving like a lunatic indeed. Very abrupt changes are resulting in vast chaos over a short period of time. The new destinations are being dismissed even before the customers had the actual chances to realize such routes ever existed. And even worse, extremely good performing routes are being reduced without any logical explanation. Let's take as an example TMP from HHN. Flights to Tampere, definitely one of the top-performing destinations out of the German hub, have been slashed in half without any apparent reason. Pretty high LF's (even in winter for three years in a row), high ticket prices - all that didn't matter.

Reacting fast while markets tend to soften is a very wise thing, but don't be so chaotic in doing your arrangements, it's a best way to antagonize even those committed customers!

ryanair1
19th Aug 2007, 19:47
Unfortunately Ryanair's sole purpose is to make as much money for the shareholders as possible. If routes are not making profit within 3 months - they will be withdrawn at the end of the sale period. There is no chance to take time to see if they will work or if new timings will help, it's 'does it work or not?'

This may leave room for another airline to mop up after Ryanair...

Keyvon
19th Aug 2007, 19:57
eu01

Pula and Zadar are likely to be summer routes and both expected to come back at the beginning of the s08 schedule. think about charter services to Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar and Pula, as well : they do not run from Nov to Apr from UK and Ireland airports cos the hotels usually shut down or they are opened with limited services/facilities, hence tour operators do not include these destinations in their winter brochures, the same is gonna do FR. Sea water is pretty cold from the mid of Oct onward !
well, and i guess Rodez, Brest and Balaton services from STN or LTN will share the same fate of the Croatian ones.

i do believe it's a smart move from Fr to cut the typical summer destinations (Croatia's coastal resorts, Lake Balaton) or the smallest ones (like Rodez) during the cold months....but im still suprised for Almeria, which works perfectly year-round, even during the winter time, due to many British people having a property or relatives down there..seems like easyJet is axing this destination from LGW, too..at least for the w07/08.

The only destinations that are definitively dropped, at the moment, are : Esbjerg in Denmark, Malmö in Sweden and Vitoria in Spain...we'll see what's gonna happen next year, when the s08 schedule will be released.

RAT 5
19th Aug 2007, 20:15
Some informed replies please.
If RYR is reducing it's flights during certain periods of the year, while training extra crews for arriving a/c, it would sugest that crews will fly less hours: BRK & RYR crews. Since both groups of pilots' income is effected by hours flown; this would appear to suggest a reduction. What is the opinion/reaction of those crews who will see a loss of income?