PDA

View Full Version : 100% Record for 216

glum
3rd May 2007, 19:07
Just thought it was worth mentioning that the much maligned 216 have managed to pull their socks up and achived a bloody good reliability record for the recent R&R runs to the sh*tty place.

Well done to ALL involved, including the deployed movers and handling guys. :D

Redcarpet
3rd May 2007, 20:16
Good to see ALL involved getting the praise. ALL, of course, refering to the brave military types rather than the spineless puppets of bliar that sent them there in the first place. :ok:

Wycombe
4th May 2007, 06:48
Gingerbeers I met at 216 always used to tell me that keeping them warm was the key to keeping them working....

OCCWMF
4th May 2007, 07:02
What, the gingers?:confused:

TorqueOfTheDevil
4th May 2007, 09:44
When the 'anti-216' thread started some months back, there were dozens of posts with a couple of days, from people who couldn't wait to give them a good slagging. Now that 216 have managed to do something right, hardly anyone bothers to comment.

Just goes to show that good news doesn't sell...

Zoom
4th May 2007, 10:08
Well done, 216.

216 what?

BluntedAtBirth
4th May 2007, 10:26
So all that was needed was for 216 to give themselves a 'stiff talking to' and all was well? I never realised aircraft engineering and logistics was so straight forward. Now if 101 just 'think positive' we can get the entire StratAT/AAR fleet to last another 30 years and bin FSTA.

rolandpull
4th May 2007, 11:16
Certainly a great (engineering) step forward. Anybody know what the On-time performance was like?

threepointonefour
5th May 2007, 12:29
Woa, steady on. Did you just praise the movers??????

glum
5th May 2007, 19:01
Well it didn't arrive, unload, load and depart on it's own did it?:E

I think a big change was their chosen staging point on the way out - seems to have improved things markedly...

wokkameister
5th May 2007, 20:08
Well done 216.
Well done Hercules, Harriers, Nimrods, E3D, Chinooks, Pumas, Merlins, Tornado's, RAF Regt.
Well done AAC Apaches, well done British Army.Well done the RM.

It is good to see that 216/Brize/Movers have overcome the odds stacked against them to provide an improved service.

Well done, but at the end of the day, it's called doing your job, and we are all doing it with less these days.

Redcarpet
5th May 2007, 23:08
A very big thank you to the RAF Regt. :ok:

insty66
6th May 2007, 08:28
Don't forget the armourers:E :ok:

glum
7th May 2007, 20:11
Wokkameister: True enough, but not everyone has been dragged through the mud recently - just thought it was worth bringing up that's all.

Not trying to imply they worked any harder than the rest of the squadrons / regiments / er, Navy peeps!

As someone else pointed out, those leaping on the thread bashing a squadon far, far outweigh those interested in praise.

Of course, it'd be nice if the Army had noticed, and I guess that fact they've not complained again recently says enough.:p

wokkameister
7th May 2007, 20:54
Fair One,

When the original thread appeared slagging off the airbridge, I was one of the few voices in support.

As for the Army, when you've done a tour in the Stan, getting home is the only thing of any interest to you. Can't say I blame them!

moggiee
8th May 2007, 09:04
Gingerbeers I met at 216 always used to tell me that keeping them warm was the key to keeping them working....
That's always the secret for big aeroplanes (and in many respecrts, little ones).

Shutting down and powering up is awfully rough on electronics.