PDA

View Full Version : Sonair Angola

biggdav
2nd May 2007, 18:21
Anyone here know about/work for Sonair in Angola? Are good companie to work for? I believe like every one else they are short of helicopter pilots and looking.
Any info would be good

Hippolite
2nd May 2007, 20:06
Are you Angolan?

biggdav
2nd May 2007, 21:34
No. I work on an oil rig off Luanda and they do have expats flying out.

Hippolite
2nd May 2007, 23:09
I think that most of the expats are with CHC Africa or CHC Global and are leased together with some aircraft to Sonair. Heli Union also did have some expats flying leased S76s flying in Sonair clours and on the D2 register but don't know whether they still do.

I know of a couple of expats who did approach Sonair directly but were turned down, although that was a couple of years ago now.

cpt
3rd May 2007, 09:14
As Hippolite says, SONAIR contracts other operators (CHC, Heli Union and some local agent ) as a complement to its own staff and fleet I don't think there is a expat under a current direct employment contract with SONAIR.(By the way bigdav, on wich rig are you staying ? )

TechCons
3rd May 2007, 10:35
I carried out a technical & operational audit of Sonair in my previous job about 2 years ago. From an engineering perspective, they do have good quality kit and their maintenance ethics and practices seemed to be very sound. All in all, we were reasonably impressed with the operation down there.

pch504
3rd May 2007, 10:39
As far as i know they are reducing the number of foreigners to as near as nothing as possible. They have been training up their nationals in portugal for that very purpose

biggdav
3rd May 2007, 14:13
CPT
On the Aleutian Key. Do you fly down here? Work offshore?

Yes, i believe Sonangol (sonair) are very good company. All the local's here dream of working for Sonangol-good pay etc etc.
Thanks for all your info. Although there are lot nicer places in the world to work, its actually not that bad down here. Maybe once im finnished my training and have the hours il apply to the companies.

Thanks all:ok:

cpt
3rd May 2007, 20:17
Hello Biggdav,
No, tomorrow I am scheduled to "block15", but the Aleutian key is very close from my route near the "B3" waypoint.....I should be flying the S76 "XO"
If I once happen to go to Aleutian key, I'll try to mail you in advance!

biggdav
3rd May 2007, 20:31
Excellent, well if i see you land on deck il try and get into the radio room and chat over the radio. Il be rotating on this rig for next couple of years or so, so will no dout bump into you sometime :)

biggdav

cpt
3rd May 2007, 20:40
For sure ! tomorrow, I have 2 runs (go and back), and I should be in the vicinity of Aleutian key around 8 am for the first one. Should be funny if we could get in touch !

ASL2
6th Apr 2009, 18:38
Does anybody have any information about SonAir such as pay scales, work pattern and whether they're hiring?

Any information welcome, PM if you'd prefer.

Thanks

stomie
20th Dec 2009, 17:21
Hi Everyone!!
I work offshore in block 2, and i left my sunglasses on the chopper after it dropped me off on the Murjan.
The pilot on that particular day was a French pilot (December 15th 2009), it was the last flight from Luanda to Texas 4 for that day.(Sonair)
The pilot notified the reception that he had found sunglasses on the chopper but they didnt ask me.
How can i track down the pilot for that flight to get my sunglasses back.
I know this is a long shot, but i wil appreciatte all the assistance.

Thank you
Wayne
[email protected]

idiotspotter
23rd Oct 2013, 03:14
I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. I'm interested in joining Sonair Angola but I can't seem to find any contact e-mail addresses for recruitment in Helicopters on there website.

I'm am Australian with 3000hrs TT and 1800hrs AS332/EC225 time. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

industry insider
23rd Oct 2013, 12:02
Marry an Angolan. Sonair is a national company in a nationalistic country. You will not get a job with them as an Australian.

Wizzard
23rd Oct 2013, 18:11
He doesn't want a job as an Australian, he wants a job as a pilot!

Taxi!

xny556
23rd Oct 2013, 19:16
Sonair require an EASA /JAR pilot licence these days!