PDA

View Full Version : Capt Bob Kendall receives an award!!!!

CAPTAIN COP!
1st May 2007, 16:16
I have just read on the "Police Aviation News" website (news archive: May 2007 edition) that an old instructor of mine who taught me to fly at London Helicopter Centres by the name of Capt Bob Kendall, and two paramedics: Ian Binnington and Meurig McMillan, have won the Ambulance Service Institute Award and the UK Air Ambulance Crew of the Year Award
after they responded to a call where they resuscitated and saved the life of a 58 year old male (Mike Webber) in May 2006 of last year where he suffered a heart attack!

They are due to attend the House of Commons on Thursday 3rd May 2007 to collect their award.

I have always rated Bob highly as a pilot and to this day believe that he is one of the best helicopter pilots in the UK that I have had the pleasure to know and to learn from. He is certainly a true gentleman in person and is always the professional whether on the ground or in the air.

As far as I'm concerned he was (not sure whether he is still current) an outstanding and natural flight instructor and taught me alot about myself and my flying to which I still use to this very day.

Anyway, it's been sometime since I've seen or heard from Bob and hope that he is a fellow Ppruner and therefore, I would like to wish take this opportunity to wish him and his colleagues CONGRATULATIONS on winning the above award! Well done buddy - it's great to see your name in the headlines!

For a complete rundown of the story go to the "Police Aviation News" website.

Captain Cop!