PDA

View Full Version : B206BIII Transmission wanted

WLM
1st May 2007, 03:26
Hi all

I am looking for the above P/N 206-040-002-25 transmission assembly, any links or referral would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
WLM

nigelh
1st May 2007, 08:05
Contact airandground , they have huge stock , all 50% price, incl engines , transmissions , T/R ,s and gearboxes and have a stock list.
t: +44 (0) 1889 271777
f: +44 (0) 1889 270756
w: www.airandground.com

just checked , they have some of that part no in stock.

206 jock
1st May 2007, 12:37
I can confirm that Air and Ground have a lot of JetRanger bits, lots of which is new!

In case they can't help, there's a -029 unit (which you should have no problem using) as follows:

206 BIII -029 Main Rotor Transmission:
04/25/2007 - For Sale - 206 BIII -029 Main Rotor Transmission TSO-0- With 8130.3 $ 34,500.00

WLM
1st May 2007, 13:17
Thanks guys for the replies. Have sent emails to both links. Michael Boardman has come back with US45,000 for the 029 unit??? maybe price went up last few days eh
Cheers
WLM

Salusa
1st May 2007, 14:18
Isnt Air & Ground all Agusta stuff?

206 jock
1st May 2007, 15:02
Good question: IIUC, a -25 is an Agusta unit. The Bell equivalent is a -025 (at least, that's how it works for tailbooms!).

You could try looking at the HELPS section on www.rotor.com - it's like Partsbase for poor people, though often a little out of date! Under -25, there are 3 showing (all in Oz)...add the '0' and there are 13 there!

WLM, I bought a -029 tranny from Canada, 0 TSI and 250 TSO, cost me $29k in 2004. That was from Tempest Heliparts....contact there is Laurie Saindon.

Also try Sean Sinclair at Aeroproducts in Scottsdale too - he's a great guy, he's helped me a lot over the years. Tell him Rob from the UK sent you!

Salusa
1st May 2007, 20:34
206 Jock you are spot on!!

Aeroproducts are a pro bunch. Anything that comes out of there, you can be sure is 'safe' and will be backed up.

They do work close with a UK outfit mainly on the heavy/medium Bells, but for 206 stuff, it is easier to go direct.

nigelh
1st May 2007, 23:13
Not all the parts at airandground are Agusta, but yes most are. I am told that a lot of operators are still happy to fit Agusta parts to Bells , just as they have done quite happily for many years :ugh: As the majority of all old jetrangers will have mixed parts on them and many will be operating with aoc,s ...what will happen to them ? Should they all be grounded ? It really is a load of nonsense and has no safety implications . ( This is from the mouths of 2 engineers who have been looking after 206,s for over 30 yrs each ) I know we have been there before on this site but nobody seems to be any the wiser now than a year ago:confused:

WLM
2nd May 2007, 07:38
Thank you all for your help, and will contact all the latest links
Cheers
WLM

AB139engineer
2nd May 2007, 14:24
Ya right Nigel did you tell those people who own 206's with mixed Bell & Agusta Parts that there helicopters were technically no longer airworthy.
Show me in the Bell 206 IPC where is says one can legally install parts from Agusta manufacture.:=

nigelh
2nd May 2007, 14:59
As far as i am aware most if not all the maintenance operations in the UK have been crossing over parts for many years.....if that was illegal i think somebody would have been prosecuted by now ......as far as i am aware it is still NOT illegal but there is great pressure to make it illegal ......WHY ?? Engineers may not be that bright , but they are quite capable of receiving bulletins AD,s etc from 2 manufacturers :ugh: I think there is more of a commercial angle to this ...it has sod all to do with safety :=

Brilliant Stuff
2nd May 2007, 18:00
I was told Bristows had to to spend a lot of money in order to make their Bell 206 a true Bell i.e. bin all the Agusta parts even though some of them had been on the aircraft for years.

quichemech
2nd May 2007, 21:27
Right! Engineers not that bright! Red rag to a bull! :=

Nasa taught the chimp to fly, it still can't do maintenance!:D

For those of you who are UK based there is a CAA LTO which deals with the Bell/Agusta Bell issue. Have a read:ok:

If you still need a transmission then try AOG heliservices, you should pick up their details on a web search, they are canadian and from personnal experience very very good.:ok:

AB139engineer
3rd May 2007, 06:07
Nigel before you accuse one of not being very bright you should consider what you yourself just said, telling people they can mix parts from 2 different aircraft that have different Type Certificates issued by different aviation authories. You should get out a aviation now before you become a contributing factor in a accident.

I suppose you sell bogus parts too?

nigelh
3rd May 2007, 08:10
Give me one accident that has ever been caused by mixing parts. Sorry , but i have a lot more faith in my own engineers that have been "mixing" for 30 years ....you are just jumping onto the bandwagon:rolleyes: As for bogus parts ....well i guess you are Canadian and dont know better ......:=

To the more emotionally stable out there.....yes i agree it now probably is the time to check your 206 for mixed parts but what a shambles....they are all made by Bell anyway :ugh: