PDA

View Full Version : F1 Jets!

pistongone
30th Apr 2007, 13:43
I was at Biggin over the weekend and discovered Bernie Ecclestone owns an RJ100?(4 little engines, anhedral wing, appx 80-100 pax) So i got to thinking "Who has the fastest and most luxurious jet in the F1 or any other world?" Any one know what Ferrari or Mclaren top brass fly around in? And are they stock models, or do they have go faster goodies?
PG

themoonsaballoon
30th Apr 2007, 14:33
Bernie has a Falcon 2000 EX also and Ron Dennis a Challenger 604. Paul Stoddard had a bunch of old BAC 111,s which are probably trogging around Africa now, all are fitted with K & N airfilters twin exhausts and go faster stripes, TMAB

F900EX
30th Apr 2007, 15:26
Ferrari use various types but I know they use ther Avanti (twin turbo prop)quite a lot as it is part of the group.

I imagine a lot of the racing teams also use fractionals.

markflyer6580
30th Apr 2007, 18:14
I heard the Schumacher clan have Boeing BBJ...
Also I think Mike Gasgoine (ex toyota F1 tech director)has a King Air with a personal ish reg on it for commuting.

Speed Twelve
30th Apr 2007, 19:19
Was hanging around Cannes airport with work a few years back when Ralf Schumacher pitched-up in his Gulfstream. AFAIK he's type-rated on it, had his helmet design and initials on the fin. Sat at the table next to me at lunch with his family; no idea what he was talking about as I don't speak German... :}

Chilli Monster
30th Apr 2007, 20:23
Was hanging around Cannes airport with work a few years back when Ralf Schumacher pitched-up in his Gulfstream.

A Gulfstream into Cannes - that would take some balls! (Not saying it can't be done, just never seen one there in all the time I've been going there).

So - you sure about the type?

Speed Twelve
30th Apr 2007, 20:50
Chilli Monster

Sorry, had a bit of a brain fart, wasn't a Gulfstream, it was RS' IAI Galaxy that I saw in Cannes. Only went in there once in the CitationJet I used to co-pilot; normally we used Nice.

pumper_bob
1st May 2007, 17:03
What call sign do these boys use? Is it something like Schumacher ! or Macca 1? i heard some of them, David Coulthard for example, use net jets? The way to travel if you have the means!

dwshimoda
1st May 2007, 17:52
Bernie's 146 was recently at Cranfield having the tail replaced. It's call sign was very cool...

"Formula 1"

I guess it doesn't get any better than that!?!?

(It also has a very cool paint scheme around the windshield that gives it a much sleeker appearance than your average 146.

DW.

moggiee
2nd May 2007, 22:44
Chilli Monster
Sorry, had a bit of a brain fart, wasn't a Gulfstream, it was RS' IAI Galaxy that I saw in Cannes.
Are they not called Gulfstreams now, anyway?