PDA

View Full Version : PPL renewal

VanderVlietm
30th Apr 2007, 13:38
Please can some one help me...

I am a current holder of a New Zealand commercial pilots licence but I also have a JAA PPL. It has been 4 years since I last flew on my JAA PPL. What would I have to do to get it renewed? Surely I don't have to do a full PPL skills test all over again...:ugh:

Thanks

BlueRobin
30th Apr 2007, 14:05
Have you been keeping the SEP rating valid on the JAA PPL? Seems not?

VanderVlietm
30th Apr 2007, 14:07
No but I have been flying on an ICAO CPL license for the last 3 years and it is current.

Does this help?

BlueRobin
30th Apr 2007, 14:50
See
http://www.bluerobin.flyer.co.uk/jarreval.html
(last para)

"SEP Renewal (after 2 years)

If you have failed to achieve revalidation as described above, all is not lost providing you are within the 5 year rule. The is no specified method for re-training. You only need to undertake a proficiency check with an examiner, which is a test like a club checkout with the usual stalls, steep turns, EFATOs, PFLs etc. It is not a full GFT but there is a pass or fail mark given. Of course you might like to undergo some retraining with an instructor before taking the test."

Get the SEP done with a JAA examiner and the form sent off
You also need to fess up some money to renew the 5yr licence period (paper exercise).

How do you propose to get yourself alongside a JAA examiner? CTC maybe?

VanderVlietm
30th Apr 2007, 15:02
Thanks very much for your help but I have been stupid enough to let the licence lapse over 5 years.
Whats should I do now?

Keygrip
1st May 2007, 02:41
What should you do now?

Tell us which member state of JAA issued your licence. It makes a difference to the possible answers.

VanderVlietm
1st May 2007, 07:59
The UK issued my licence. I have a New Zealand commercial licence, but the medical is not valid. I also have a Botswana commercial licence (ICAO) which is current.

S-Works
3rd May 2007, 15:31
How can you have let the licence lapse over 5 years when your profile says you are 23?

VanderVlietm
3rd May 2007, 18:17
Because I completed my PPL at 17 :)

blue up
3rd May 2007, 18:39
I've a UK ATPL (JAA) and have not driven anything smaller than a 757 in 12 years. After e-mailing the nice chaps at the CAA, they phoned me (!) the very next morning and explained that I need to do about 1.5 hours in a C150 with an instructor in the UK and to then pay about £70 UK to have single-engined-land-planes added onto my ATPL. Something like an 1189 form (?)
They suggested forgetting the UK PPL altogether.

Hope this helps.

R.T.

S-Works
3rd May 2007, 20:59
so you took a PPL and let it lapse straight away?

So in fact if you took a PPL at 17 and did not renew it in the 2 year period it has not expired by more than 5 years so you merely have to take a flight test.