PDA

View Full Version : Connecting LCD TV to PC

Richard Spandit
30th Apr 2007, 09:34
We've got an LG RZ 20LA70 television and I was wondering whether it could be used as a computer monitor. It has a VGA D-sub 15 connector on the back - can I just plug this into my motherboard VGA port?

Failing that, I've been offered a Hyundai A321 for a good price - same question applies...

boguing
30th Apr 2007, 10:46
Should be absolutely fine.

Probably best to get the latest driver from the LG website to get the best out of the monitor.

planecrazy.eu
30th Apr 2007, 13:36
If its a VGA connector then it will work, some lcds need you to adjust the computers graphic cards so that the output is native to the LCD, so in other words, set the graphics card to the res of the TV. But on some lcds it doesnt matter, and i found selling these things, LG works the best out of box with anything.

Most LCDS now have DVi or HDMi Connections, as well as the standard VGA.

Make sure the VGA port is VGA and not a serial update port, they can look very similar...

Richard Spandit
2nd May 2007, 08:14
Ah, the port does say "service" on it - perhaps it is a serial port - hadn't considered that possibility. I'll have a closer look and check...

Mac the Knife
2nd May 2007, 10:18
Courtesy of MS, the RIAA and the rest of the DRM merchants, you may find that your card does not allow analogue TV output and digital o/p may be restricted by the ability of your TV to cope with DRM restrictions.

It's a brave new world and MS insists that you should be part of it.....
:*