PDA

View Full Version : Tristar at AMS

perkin
28th Apr 2007, 21:37
Is the tristar still in AMS that popped an engine last year sometime? I think its still there, there is a dark blue and white tri-jet (looks like a tristar from a distance) parked up near the KLM hangars still...Anyone know whats going to happen to it?

Fried_Chicken
29th Apr 2007, 12:27
I think its Portuguese reg'd, CS-TMR I think

FC

BYALPHAINDIA
29th Apr 2007, 17:18
Yes It is Portugese, But I think it was CS TMP - What I have seen the past few times I have being to AMS.

They had a 'right carry-on' with this Tristar the other year, It made 3-4 unsuccesful attempts to get airborne!!:ugh:

On one of the attempts 4 tyres blew on T/O

I think it is owned by 'Luzzair'

It is white with a blue tail.

Staying on the subject of the Tristar, I am happy to see CS TEB still flying after 30+ years.:D

I hope that helps.

glhcarl
4th May 2007, 15:28
byalphainda; L-1011 s/n 283B-1240, regestered CS-TEB was deliverd to TAP in October 1983 which makes it just under 24 years old not 30+ years.

perkin
22nd Jul 2007, 16:32
Has the Tristar gone now? I saw a very similar looking one on Friday (white, blue tail) lining up to take off around 3pm local time...

Curious Pax
23rd Jul 2007, 11:30
Yes - that was its first flight after storage since July 2004! It made it back to Lisbon, and is supposed to be going on to Victorville for a bigger check in the near future.

perkin
23rd Jul 2007, 22:15
Thanks for that CP, I was rather surprised to see it as the general opinion when it had its little incident was that it probably wouldnt fly again.

Hope you're coping with the online check-in/MAN security still! :ok: