PDA

View Full Version : Canadians at SIA?

Glacier1900
27th Apr 2007, 19:29
Hello,
Trying to filter through the info in this portion of PPRUNe and having a hard time finding any info. How does the hiring for FO's (or SO's) usually work for Expats (specifically Canadian)? It seems that, from the hiring website, that they consider Co-pilots and Cadets the same? Is this the case? Do they only hire expats for Capt positions?
Do you have to have a type rating on similar AC or would turboprop time be suficient? How about CRJ time? Is there a bond if you dont have a type rating?
I have heard that you can only get hired for seven year contracts at a time, is this the case? Do most people renew and stay for longer after 7 or do you move on?
Any info would be great
GLROneThousandNineHundred

Merlinrabbi
28th Apr 2007, 02:18
Glacier1900,
SIA traditionally do not hire DEFO, but DEC is the norm.
SQ Cargo is still hiring DEFO. If you have no type rating, there will be a 5 year bond plus SGD40k bank guarantee after you've finished training. Most people are not very happy in SQCargo, if you've visited the SQCargo forum, so apply at your own risk.

Left Coaster
28th Apr 2007, 06:03
1900...pm me and I'll try to set the tone...this forum isn't quite the place to show what it's like...too much in the way of giving a real perspective. BTW YVR just took game 2 in OT! Yeah BABY!