PDA

View Full Version : My bloody arrogance!!!

Brie
27th Apr 2007, 13:36
Hello everybody,

I just want to write this off me and share you the experience i met 2 weeks ago:

About 2 weeks ago i did some theoretical test for a company in France. The day after i got a phonecall i suceeded the test and i had to do a simcheck on a A320.

During the sim check everything went really good (good basic flying, ifr procedures, ils etc.). After the check i was happy because i thought i did well.

During the debriefing the examiner told me that my flying was good but he had to sack me because my teamwork was bad. He said i wanted to do everything on my own.

i feel a bit confused because i've been told that during a check the most important thing is flying and the ifr stuff. I agree with him that is important, but i also thought that every company had its own procedures concerning task sharing.

Now, 2 weeks later i feel i was arrogant thinking flying is the most important thing.

Hope you all also learn something about this.

bleeds off
27th Apr 2007, 13:42
That's just experince building up mate. Now you know it. It did not kill you, just made you grow mature :p
good luck

Parson
27th Apr 2007, 16:18
Not sure if you've been on an MCC course, but it is designed to at least introduce you to the 2-man crew concept etc. Was told recently by a Chief Pilot that provided you met a minimum flying standard, he was more interested in how you could manage the a/craft, interact with the crew and deal with pax problems.

Brie
27th Apr 2007, 16:43
yes, did mcc 1 year ago. But i thought it was different for every company. So i did not take care of it and now i have to pay the price. Someone else got the job.

chrs

dartagnan
27th Apr 2007, 19:43
not really your fault...your brain has been set to work for single pilot operation.

we all have to learn.
last time they blamed me because I was pushing some switches without saying "confirm???", result: I lost my job!

take it easy!:ok:

south coast
27th Apr 2007, 21:52
sounds a bit harsh dogtanian...

must be more to it than just touching a few buttons?