PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough ATC award

SwanFIS
27th Apr 2007, 06:12
Taken from NATSnet -

The entire Farnborough ATC team were recognised by The Aircraft Owner and Pilot Association (AOPA) at a presentation this week, where they received the Controller of the Year Award.

The award citation by the AOPA Executive Committee said: 'The controllers provide an especially good service to pilots. Their willingness to help, even when busy, gives an enormous boost to the confidence of the amateur but competent pilot. The sense of humour and professionalism of the Farnborough controllers rarely fails but a safe environment is always maintained.'

:D :D :D :D

IO540
27th Apr 2007, 06:53
Well deserved, IMHO.

High Wing Drifter
27th Apr 2007, 07:15
I completely concur. They run open days every now and then. I thoroughly recommend a visit when the opportunity arises. :D

FlyingForFun
27th Apr 2007, 08:06
Well done everyone at Farnborough!

I took one particular friend flying several years ago - it was her first ever time in a light aircraft, so we went and enjoyed the scenary around the Newbury area. It was a particularly busy day, and although I only asked Farnborough for a FIS, they were (as always) incredibly helpful, pointing out traffic to me for the entire flight, well beyond what was required from a FIS (and what you'd expect from any other unit in the country). There were very few quiet moments on frequency.

By the end of the flight, the service we'd received had been so obviousl good that even my first-time pax commented on the professionalism of the controllers. When she asked if this was normal, I had to confess that it was way above what's available anywhere else in the country.

That was just one of many examples I could give. This award is most definitely deserved - not for any one specific occassion, but for continued, ongoing, outstanding service!

:ok:

FFF
----------------

owenlars
27th Apr 2007, 11:43
I agree, unfailingly helpful, professional and also courteous; if they ask someone to do something special because of arrivals or departures they always say thanks afterwards. Well done!

CPilotUK
27th Apr 2007, 13:10
although I only asked Farnborough for a FIS, they were (as always) incredibly helpful, pointing out traffic to me for the entire flight, well beyond what was required from a FIS

I concur! very professional and helpful.

Well deserved Farnborough.

flyingsteve55
27th Apr 2007, 13:27
Brilliant service, I use them for some part of nearly every flight being a Blackbushe pilot. Even when in very early days my radio work was less than perfect they were patient in the extreme and have even been known to provide corrections.

Congrats to Farnborough ATC

Pianorak
27th Apr 2007, 17:47
<<Owenlars: I agree, unfailingly helpful, professional and also courteous; if they ask someone to do something special because of arrivals or departures they always say thanks afterwards. Well done!>>
Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done and Congratulations!

Pitts2112
27th Apr 2007, 19:44
Definitely have to concur.

When I first started flying down here in the Southeast, I was rattling Heathrow's cage around the west side, ready to cut the SW corner to head back to Redhill. I was unfamiliar with the landmarks and doing my best to identify features and relate them to the zone. I was with Farnborough as a courtesy because I'm negative transponder and I didn't want a transient paint to cause them a problem. I went to leave the frequency as I rounded the corner and the very helpful controller could tell I wasn't the keenest of corner rounders so encouraged me to stay on and gave me vectors to make sure I stayed clear of Heathrow. Not only did she not really have to give me any service at all, she definitely didn't have to look out for a dufus like me who wasn't even in her zone - but she saw the need, saw the bigger picture, and did what she could to help. A superbly done job, in my opinion, and one that was very much appreciated.

Had a chance to chat to them again today briefly for a PFA air test radio check. Very helpful as always.

A well-deserved award in my opinion!

Pitts2112

BRL
27th Apr 2007, 19:59
Well done and congratulations to all at Farnborough, the ones I have met and spoken to have been brilliant.

Tell you what, if you guys can accommodate a handful of ppruners for a look around soonish, I will supply the cake to celebrate with!! :D :ok:

chevvron
27th Apr 2007, 21:04
Phone our manager; I'm sure you have the number already, if not PM me.

AlanM
29th Apr 2007, 21:16
OH BRL - you old smoothy!!!! :)

Chevvron is the man to PM now for visits in his new role (Mention the Arsenal game today for added effect........!!!):cool:

Well done EGLF - just answer the direct line quicker and you may get it next yr too!!!! :) :) :cool: :ok:

chevvron
2nd May 2007, 15:35
Yeah well it was all going great until the idiots gave Arsenal that penalty; I had a terrible seat, only 20 yds from the corner flag, so at least I got a good view of 'our' goal.
By the way, 'new' role? Do you know something I don't?

Saab Dastard
2nd May 2007, 16:10
Congratulations and thanks to all at 125.25 from a Fairoaks pilot. :ok:

SD

AlanM
2nd May 2007, 18:17
Chevvers - new role as per the NATS interwebsitethingy

Dave Gittins
3rd May 2007, 12:56
Absolutely concur ... much appreciate the service every time I take G-BSBA out of Fairoaks.

Thanks very much.

Dave

:D