PDA

View Full Version : Royal Brunei B777

mr magic
26th Apr 2007, 11:21
There was a rumour a while back where it was mentioned that they would be replacing their ageing 767's with a few 777's from Varig(??).
Anyone know when these planes are going to enter service?
My last question is whether RBA is actively recruiting tech crew for these planes?

geh065
30th Apr 2007, 15:36
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1204126/L/
here it is, looking good.

mr magic
30th Apr 2007, 16:10
Looking good. Anyone know when the bird's going to be delivered to the Abode of Peace?

B772
2nd May 2007, 08:10
I know RBA have been talking about the B777 for years and now due to
no new factory delivery positions for some time they are forced into 10+
year old airframes.

I guess they will be the last airline to order the B787, when they should
have been one of the first.

pipersfather
2nd May 2007, 12:26
Delivery in June and flying in July

NDBDME
2nd May 2007, 13:54
B772 what ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT you have no idea how this place works so just leave it alone:= := := 787 signed comming thats life!!

xrba
2nd May 2007, 23:04
As these old 777s seem to be arriving, the only question remains how will they be crewed? My contacts on the 767 fleet are talking of leave being cancelled to maintain the current schedule, never mind adding a third type and 2 more aircraft. A 777 u/s at LHR should give rise to some interesting problems to say the least! By the way, RBA has just signed a new service agreement greatly expanding their Australian/NZ route frequencies, so, if anything ever comes of that, there also will be a requirement for even more pilots. Just do the numbers. They might actually have to improve the current lousy terms and conditions to get them though, perish the thought.

hot tuna
3rd May 2007, 04:07
Rishworth contract for 777 crews....they're a little scarce on the ground, akin to rocking horse poo.....

pipersfather
10th May 2007, 12:09
Anyone had a chance to meet the new consultant/chief operating officer? Any ideas if he'll be better than the previous one?

cruisin
15th May 2007, 00:52
Is there a new admin officer? Seems to be the standard no one knows what is going on, and every body is lead by example, from the bottom :ugh:

yagu
28th May 2007, 13:47
:ok: as far as I'm aware it is due to start ops in July. I also understand RBA will cease flights to Frankfurt around November 2007

mr magic
17th Jun 2007, 08:45
Have heard that the arrival of the 777 has been delayed. Any truth in this from the guys on the ground there?

slingsby
17th Jun 2007, 10:53
Yes, I had heard there was still the bank v RBA arguement raging in the abode of peace. The bank bought/leased the aircraft, painted it, but won't pay for the major checks and mods required for into-service. RBA says the bank are duty bound to pay for everything, but the lender/leesee, is saying that mods and into-service checks are the responsibilty of the lessor, in this case RBA. Catch 22, damned either way, pay for the mods and get a large bank bill, but nice new/2nd hand hulls, or dont pay, argue for months and dont get the aircraft, lose routes, lose pax etc.
Just seems like RBA are about to take their first long overdue step into being a far east mid-sized carrier , but someone is going to pull the rug out from under their feet.

Crusher1
13th Apr 2010, 14:01
Just looking at taking a flight with RBA LHR - PER in Feb 2011 and the first sector is shown as being operated by a B777 - is this the rumoured SIA deal?