PDA

View Full Version : Agusta in Belgium

Bry78
26th Apr 2007, 02:47
Does anyone know if Agusta in Belgium hires expats? I'm an A&P with Agusta experience, and would like to work in Europe within the next few years. I've got A109E, AW139, and a lot of Eurocopter experience (BK117, AS365, EC135). Do I have a chance on working anywhere in Europe with this experience, or does the A&P make in impossible?
Also, can I convert my A&P to the EASA license, or is it too much trouble? Can any of it be done online?
Thanks for the help.

noooby
26th Apr 2007, 04:27
They don't really hire expats as far as I know, but they do have some working there as contractors.
Agusta pay is crap, just enough to live on, whereas contractors at Agusta are paid OK. Unfortunately the manpower agency that seems to handle most of the contracting for Agusta is a pain in the :mad: to deal with, and really have absolutely no idea just what it is they are supposed to be doing, and how they are supposed to be doing it!!
As far as I know, EASA don't recognise any mechanic licences from anywhere in the world. You'll have to sit all the modules, just as if you were an apprentice again.
If you want anymore info, feel free to send me a PM. Otherwise this post would go on forever!! :hmm: