PDA

View Full Version : Guy Mcann-moon (M2)

DrumMachine
25th Apr 2007, 19:10
My first post on pprune is a sad one, Guy Mcann-moon, a herc Co-pilot in the early 90's, died earlier this week. He was a great bloke, and a good friend who, regrettably, I lost touch with when he left the RAF. Not too many details as yet, other than his funeral will be in Preston on Monday 30 Apr.

Been There...
25th Apr 2007, 19:20
Bummer...

Condolences to family and friends. M2 was a good bloke.

jayteeto
25th Apr 2007, 20:58
5 of us started Shawbury and only 3 graduated. M2 didn't quite make it on the flying side but he was a legend amongst the 'lady' mess members!! He lived life in the fast lane and tried to enjoy every minute. I tried to keep up at Happy Hour but always ended up a jibbering wreck. God speed fella!!:sad:
Anyone with any more details of the funeral or a family contact, could you please let me know here or by PM.

flipster
26th Apr 2007, 06:42
Another good guy to Valhalla (its getting a bit crowded up there at the moment). Condolences to the family.

RIP

mr ripley
26th Apr 2007, 16:22
M2 a character and a legend in his time at LYE and on 30 Sqn

Condolences to his family

He will be remembered

Wessexman
26th Apr 2007, 17:44
A shock. Lovely fella. nuff said.

ShortFatOne
26th Apr 2007, 18:33
Totally shocked. Shared a room at IOT with Guy, was at Linton with him before he went Shawbury way, lost touch after he went trucky fleet. A really genuine bloke who drank like a fish and was irresistable to women! A sad loss.

Top Bunk Tester
26th Apr 2007, 18:57
Had many good times downroute with M Squared, he drank me under the table many times. A really nice bloke and a loss to his whole family. RIP

MadAxeMan
29th Apr 2007, 22:54
Sad news, condolences to family and friends. I lived next door to Mē at Linton, and have several memorable evenings in the pub (mostly from the underside of the table): an entertainer and a gent.

Sadly missed.:{

(>|<)

Hueymeister
30th Apr 2007, 15:16
M2 was a couple of courses ahead of me at Shawbs. Nice guy from what I remember. What got him so early in life?

MadAxeMan
9th May 2007, 16:46
Does anyone have an update/more info on Mē

Cheers,

(>|<)

jayteeto
9th May 2007, 17:46
I got it second hand, but it is factual information. Guy had some sort of stomach problem that caused a perforation, this complicated and he suffered a cardiac arrest. :(

scroggs
9th May 2007, 18:44
Bugger. I missed this.

M-Squared was a damn fine bloke and bloody excellent, irreverent company. Happy hour - or any other excuse for a piss-up - was always the better for his presence. He lived hard and fast and, as is true of so many that do, his time with us was too short by far.

RIP mate. Line me one up at the bar.