PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Micro SD card

A V 8
25th Apr 2007, 14:51
Greetings fellow Ppruners.

I'm in a bit of a rut at the mo. I bought a Micro SD card (2.0 GB Sandisk) for my PDA. Trouble is, my PDA didn't recognise the card. So I put it in its normal SD sized adapter and into my laptop to see if that worked. On double clicking on the memory card icon in 'my computer,' after a few seconds a message apprears saying: "This memory card is not formatted. Would you like to format now?" So I click yes and a few seconds later, I get another message: "This devide cannot be formatted." I put the card into my camera using the adapter. The camera does recognise the card. I've even tried formating the card from the camera. Still no Joy.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks in advace,

AV8

boguing
25th Apr 2007, 15:25
I bought a 2Gb CF card recently - camera wouldn't talk to it. (Canon Eos 300). Took it back to the dealer, tried every brand and only the Kingston would work. PC did recognize the first one without difficulty.

So I suspect that "standards" may not be what they seem.

Could also just be a duff card though.

under_exposed
26th Apr 2007, 12:33
Try formatting from a DOS prompt.

BRL
27th Apr 2007, 21:26
This is quite a common problem with 2gb Micro SD Cards.

I recently bought a 1gb card for my phone and doing the research for it I came accross several forums that said the 2gig is not very good at all with other devices so I opted out and went for the 1gb.

Not sure what the solution is for it, try using a 1gb card and see how that gets on......

A V 8
28th Apr 2007, 07:45
Thanks guys for your replies.

It's back to the shop to experiment with different sizes and brands.

AV8

BRL
28th Apr 2007, 22:20
Hi. Would you please let us know if you try a 1gig card and how that goes please???

A V 8
29th Apr 2007, 07:38
wilco :ok:

A V 8
30th Apr 2007, 15:03
BRL,

Sorry to disappoint you. Turns out that it was my PDA that was faulty. I put said memory card into a friend's PDA (same manufacturer, different mobile network) and it worked fine. PDA replaced under warranty with no probs now. And as for my laptop? It still doesn't like the card! Wont be using it on the laptop anyways.:ok:

Rgds

AV8

zandronovo
29th May 2007, 02:21
Hi Guys,

I bought a 2.0 GB micro SD and It worked well for the last two weeks. but last night I tried to transfer files from the computer to my micro SD through the SD slot which I used an adapter.When I put it back in my T-mobile "Dash" phone and I updated the Phone's library my files were all gone and the 2.0 GB capacity is now only 30 MB. Please if you know some solutions or answers to this I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Zandro