PDA

View Full Version : Wasted manhours & JPA

Hoots
24th Apr 2007, 21:30
I have been struggling with another JPA C**k up for the past 4 months, with seemingly endless phone calls, e-mails / I-supports etc. Many of my manhours at work have been wasted during this recent JPA event and even more on previous JPA errors.

I would be interested to hear from others with their estimates of how many manhours they and their colleagues waste each day/week/year trying to get their admin problems sorted.

As many have stated this system was unfit for purpose when introduced and in my opinion still isn't much better. When calling JPAC it seems like a lottery as to whether you get someone who knows little about what you are talking about or sound convincing but you later find the information totally wrong or tell you to contact someone else which turns out to be the wrong department for your admin problem (which was due to JPA computer errors) which eventually leads you into wanting to start throwing things around the office and start punching cabinets in sheer frustration.

Anyway back to the point, if those in higher places see how many manhours are wasted due to JPA (phone calls, e-mails / I-support, JPA website navigation for claims etc that dont fit the system, sorting out expense claims receipts etc) they see how much money it is costing them in loss of productivity and get a more user friendly system and better software to stop messing up my salary. (it's always the software at fault apparently) :ugh:

wokkameister
24th Apr 2007, 22:02
I have probably wasted a fortnight since JPA was introduced. Not as much time as I've spent on 'the war of terror' but enough!

samuraimatt
24th Apr 2007, 22:22
I have probably wasted minutes reading all these different JPA threads. Maybe the mods could combine them and put it at the top as a sticky?
Has there been any impact since the Army came onto JPA recently?

Winch-control
24th Apr 2007, 22:25
In excess of 48; 9 on the telephone... work it out at £112 per day times how many people plus phone costs? 150,000 now, I'm sure most will have had cause to complain...? heads should roll.

Fluffy Bunny
24th Apr 2007, 23:47
Maybe you could manipulate the work flow reports on JPA to produce such facts and figures.

At least it'd be doing something useful then.

On a side note I left the farce late last year and am still making weekly calls to JPAC to try and get the money owed to me paid! :ugh: :{

HEDP
25th Apr 2007, 06:47
First JPA pay day for the Army is in one weeks time. Watch and shoot, watch and shoot!

ManOverhead
25th Apr 2007, 08:26
I had the pleasure of giving some people from one of the contractor companies a hard time about JPA (though sadly not those actually responsible). One of my victims immediately lauched into a standard defence about reducing a multiplicity of of geriatric systems and mandraulic processes.

"But they worked!" said I.

My other victim was much sharper and pointed out that JPA was designed by a committtee of the 3 services, plus civil servants, all insisting that their little hobby-horses were included etc, etc. Given a free hand he'd have come up with something much simpler.

Perhaps the question should be: How much is being saved because people loose the will to live before completing an unnecessarily tortuous and non-intuitive claims process.

Which reminds me, I need to submit a new claim .... Where did I write down that hideously complicated password that JPA insists I use?

SaddamsLoveChild
25th Apr 2007, 11:56
Not to mention the new systems that are having to be created like the RAF Police security clearance database because JPA hasnt accurately taken the information and evidently everything was turned off because JPA would sort it..........but didnt.

FOI Question - how many systems that should have been migrated to JPA but couldnt (OMIS etc), have had to be retained or re introduced to recover or store data that is required for the RAF Core Business.

FOI Question - How many Flight SAfety incidents have been contributed to in some way by frustration with JPA and how many have been documented as such.

Hill Walker
25th Apr 2007, 12:08
The Apr 07 pay run has already been done (at least, mine has - RAF) so there shouldn't be any problems come pay day next week...

Ref time wasted on JPA, reckon mine is a good couple of weeks too.

Banana Boy
25th Apr 2007, 12:18
JPA may work better for those with it available on a nearby desk, but for many of us who can only gain access through a slow dial-up connection in another building, it is the biggest waste of time in my 22 year Service career.

A simple claim (3 lines) takes over 20 minutes to submit (if you are lucky enough to get on line in the first place). My record for said simple claim is 7 attempts all of which timed out (nothing saved) before getting to the money shot! Under the old F1771 system, I was happy, I trusted the allowances clerk to work out my dues and get them to my bank account. I can not say the same for JPA.

Hours of tax payers time wasted after one year of JPA? - More than one hundred.

Amount of money out of pocket? - Not really sure, but I am certainly down.

The bottom line? - JPA is the final straw. I'm taking my option.

allan907
25th Apr 2007, 12:51
Hmm......perhaps "Handbrake House" wasn't so bad after all ???

3 bladed beast
25th Apr 2007, 15:56
But this is surely why JPA was introduced!!!!

Given the lack of availability of JPA terminals, the complete lack of training on JPA, and limited time to submit claims...the Government will save SO much money because people will either not submit their claims, or know how to do it...

The government wins again, we lose.

Morale?

vecvechookattack
25th Apr 2007, 16:34
Why not get your divisional officer to sort it out? Thats his job

Tourist
25th Apr 2007, 16:40
No, vec, it it is not.
That is the kind of cr@p spouted by GL w@nkers

vecvechookattack
25th Apr 2007, 17:11
Apologies. You are clearly not an Officer. But just in case you are (and are claerly a very poor one) and you slipped through the selection process then please visit the BRNC website where you will learn what the responsibilities of an Officer are

Winch-control
25th Apr 2007, 19:45
It's worked for me, however in the main, but my situation has been very straight forward; the last question that I queried however has just been responded to, over one month after asking it. The lady did apologise...However, the same question was answered by the HR, guys at St Mawgan the same day that it was asked!!! I for one am sorry to lose the blunties in handbrake house. I value them now, probably more than ever, because they come up with the goods, inspite of JPA!

Ali Barber
25th Apr 2007, 22:11
So far as I'm aware, neither the RAF nor the Army has "Divisional Officers". Is it the job of a divisional officer to submit the claim. I presume, prior to JPA, that you just signed that "to the best of my knowledge" it is a justifiable claim. If you are now submitting the claims for them, I applaud you and wonder what else you are doing with your tax-payer funded day.