PDA

View Full Version : AMS to SFO

Seagull61
24th Apr 2007, 17:17
Lucky enough to be flying Business class on this flight next Wednesday. My first time ever turning left or going upstairs so very excited.....wonder if anyone has any good/bad comments about the food, seats etc etc?

Cheers

BRUpax
24th Apr 2007, 18:33
It might help us if you were to give us a little clue as to which airline you're flying with ;) If it's KLM and you've never flown C class before (so no other carriers to compare with) you'll enjoy it. Having said that, KLM are by no means the best - nor are they the worst. I guess that makes them pretty average then :) I'll be flying C class with them to JFK on Thursday. We can compare notes when we get back! :)

Seagull61
24th Apr 2007, 19:21
Sorry, guess that would`ve helped. Yes, it is with KLM.

Although just checked the ticket and its class D! Please tell me thats still Business class??

Rollingthunder
24th Apr 2007, 19:31
Google.....KLM+meals.

BRUpax
24th Apr 2007, 20:45
Although just checked the ticket and its class D

As far as I know 'D' Class is an award fare in Business Class.

BackPacker
24th Apr 2007, 21:34
If you are indeed flying "upstairs" (ie B747 upper deck) you need to know that there are no overhead lockers there at all. So if you have a trolley which is the standard size for hand luggage, expect it to be put into storage (upstairs) and very hard/impossible to get to in-flight. Instead, there are multiple storage bins between the seats and the fuselage you can use. But even a small backpack will not fit into these bins.

So make a careful decision as to what you're going to need in-flight (books, music player, toiletries) and take that with you to your seat, leaving the trolley with the stews.

And when you arrive at your destination, check all those storage bins for stuff you forgot you put there. Very easy to forget something.

BRUpax
28th Apr 2007, 02:08
Well, I did the AMS - JFK leg in Business Class a few days ago. It seems that with the upcoming 2008 Olympics, KLM are in a Chinese mood at the moment. The choice of menu was basically Chinese, Chinese or Chinese! I opted for the Chinese Beef which was OK. They also had Chinese wines which, I have to say, didn't impress. Fortunately they had some decent South African available which saved the day. Only one other beef (excuse the pun) was that upon booking I was asked if I prefered an aisle or window seat. I selected window and was allocated a middle seat in the B777's 2-3-2 layout. Fortunately I was able to change it when checking-in on the web. Why allocate me a middle seat when my preference was stated as window and there were window seats left? Other than that all went very smoothly. My bag managed to get on the same flight as me, the cabin crew were very pleasant and the flight was on time. Even JFK impressed me. I was driving out of the airport 30 mins after touchdown!