View Full Version : Cessna GR1 - Tamil Tigers in deadly air attack

Mike Oxmels
24th Apr 2007, 16:09
JSF alternative?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6586283.stm

So bonkers it's genius!

oli,_the_original
24th Apr 2007, 16:15
I spose a cessna might have quite a bit of survivability and take a lot of airframe punishment as long as the fuel or engine weren't hit, especially due to the low wing loading.

I wonder how long it will be before more capable planes start appearing, as it isn't impossible to get an L-39 or something like that into there.

eagle 86
28th Apr 2007, 05:51
You might read "The Ravens" to understand what was done with O1 Birddogs in Laos in the 60-70's.
GAGS
E86

Low Flier
28th Apr 2007, 09:35
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/The_Forester/F150.jpg

SirToppamHat
28th Apr 2007, 10:52
It's the future - the bean counters will be pleased!

Is it true this has a better service ceiling than an F3?

STH

Low Flier
28th Apr 2007, 12:02
The Cesspit F150's service ceiling isn't quite as awful as that wretch, but at least it can sup at the normal AAR levels and doesn't have to call the tanker down to meet it. What's more, the location of the probe - abaft the prop as it is - makes AAR ops much more sporty than the usual sluggish kiss'n'tell poke that the doggie old F3 just about manages on a sunny day.

Furthermore, the F150's stickmonkey can give a very sharp rap on the knuckles if his passenger wakes up and starts touching shiney buttons. That's difficult for the cockpit attendant to do to his rear-gunner in an F3.

Thanks to the collapse of the Dubya Dollar, a free Witchita Lineman is provided with every Cesspit F150. This was originally a limited edition bonus, in memoriam of the fuel management skills of Cap'n Campbell, but is so cheap that we've made it generally available to all our esteemed customers. This has been most popular with our clients and is so much better than the previous outsourcing to India which was so confusing due to those headbobbing non-verbal signals which were so easily misunderstood.

The Rocket
28th Apr 2007, 20:14
Saucer of milk for the Low Flier..... :ooh:

Steady on old chap, or you'll start to sound jealous of those fabulous F3 Fighter Pilots!!

:p :p

Newforest
28th Apr 2007, 21:31
Negative on the Wichita Lineman, the Cessna driver just switches the motor off when refuelling and the tanker tows the 150 until refuelling is completed!:D

Ex F111
28th Apr 2007, 23:47
Unfortunately, I think they might lack the range to mount a strategic strike to us here in Oz following the Cricket result.

pba_target
29th Apr 2007, 01:37
BBC reporting on their ticker that anti-air defences have opened fire in the capital of sri lanka.... obviously the cricket is over...

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
30th Apr 2007, 10:42
The previous one reported was at; http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3201286#post3201286

Speed Twelve
30th Apr 2007, 19:10
Low Flyer
Very few people have copies of the original drawing of the Tremblers' new AD kit. Done by Captain A Galloway... I've got one somewhere, in which case we probably know each other.. ;)