PDA

View Full Version : J..?..p..?..a (why)

dogrobber
24th Apr 2007, 15:13
I have recently had a most awful ding dong with jpac over the last 6 mths and they still havent resoved what was a really basic admin issue, ironically it would have taken one clerk to deal with it in a matter of a few phone calls, I know i,m not the only recipient of this :mad: service who is fraustrated and left if our lords and masters realise how poor this system is........however what i,m after is a word from anybody who has managed to take successful legal action against them?:ugh:

fabs
24th Apr 2007, 16:15
Just happens that someone who works here has just yesterday started legal proceedings against them. Has an issue with quartering charges and CILOT that is 12 months old now. This was all following advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, I would advise going to them.

Cockney Geezer
24th Apr 2007, 16:40
Who are you supposed to send complaints to? JPA has been going for a year now and I have not once had my correct pay.
It almost seems accepted that its OK to not pay us properly - as the JPAC help-centre twits say, "sorry its a computer glitch".
:* :ugh:

LFFC
24th Apr 2007, 16:59
Just a suggestion, but if you're able to, try to contact JPA only via e-mail and make sure that you keep all of that correspondence recorded. Point out to them that you do not wish them to contact you by telephone and, if you're still having problems after a reasonable period, tell them that you intend to keep all of your e-mails to form an audit trail for a possible formal complaint or legal action. That seems to focus their minds!

If things get really bad, try copying your e-mails to your chain of command so that they can be formally aware of your problems too.

Best of luck!

Top Right
24th Apr 2007, 17:20
I did as LFFC says - all by e-mail. And ask them questions such as when and how the problem will be fixed, rather than what the problem is. Otherwise, this leaves them too much leverage. I stressed that answers telling me "that it would be sorted" were not acceptable - put them on the spot with questions that they have to answer, and demand timelines.

Pie Man
24th Apr 2007, 17:27
As I'm now owed nearly £900 by the 'wonderful' system that is JPA, if it drags on has anyone been able to cliam interest?

PM

SirToppamHat
24th Apr 2007, 17:51
Redress.

Write the problem down and pass it up the chain.

Explain what you have done about it, how much you are owed and, most importantly of all, what you want the Service to do about it. Don't make wild threats unless you are prepared to carry them out, but I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to explain that you will seek refund of interest or bank charges if these are accrued as a direct result of the failure of the system (and yes, you will need to prove it!).

It concerns me that redress seems to be considered as some sort of black mark on a career - I would have thought most of those in the chain of command (particularly unit/stn cdrs) would be happy to have evidence to support the general view that the system is not working. In this particular area, you are not redressing the Stn Cdr as a personal attack, it's just the only way to get the problem resolved!

Good luck!

STH

Ali Barber
24th Apr 2007, 20:10
Why would you redress the Stn Cdr? It's not his fault. Don't know how high you'd have to go to find where the buck stopped.

wokkameister
24th Apr 2007, 20:14
They were 3 months late paying me a FRI (a lot of interest involved). After reaching my breaking point, I told them that they were failing to retain me and I was leaving in 31 days.

Money in the bank the following day!

Feel free to PM me for further details.

SirToppamHat
24th Apr 2007, 20:38
Why would you redress the Stn Cdr? It's not his fault. Don't know how high you'd have to go to find where the buck stopped.

Ali Barber

You've actually made the point for me - it's not the Stn Cdr's fault, so he/she ought not to take it personally. As you correctly state, you don't know how high you'd have to go to find where the buck stops; going to the Staish means that you should get a reasonably quick response, and I think that, as long as the complaint is justified, the next stop should be the JPA and eventually the person in charge of the whole debacle (it was an admiral when I did it). At some point your problem may even get sorted!

I think the other thing I would advise is to talk to the Staish beforehand; however, I appreciate that may be rather easier for a pilot on the Sqn than the SAC working on the line - and it also depends on the Staish of course!

STH

dogrobber
24th Apr 2007, 21:04
thx would really appreciate an e-mail from him/her, as it is my prob could potentially cost me thousands,and if i was to be honest , i would like to take this big brother way of supperting us into an arena where the general public could see whats actually being done to THEIR armed forces,

again thx verd.

dogrobber
24th Apr 2007, 21:09
have u ever tried to pass anything, about jpac up the chain ( i will personally give u a tenner for every rank above sqn/ldr u manage to achieve.....the policy line is ....it has to work, any squealing the hierarchy guarantees them promotional oblivion).... if u have got to ur stn cmdr let me know ,money will be in the post

polomint
24th Apr 2007, 21:12
I owe JPA money! :{

Since last October they haven't been charging me food..PSF said it was just a simple change of accom grade and still nothing...no-one seems to be able to help...I've just been told to be patient and wait for it to 'work itself out'.

Meanwhile I owe them a nice whack of money..

Very Irritating, but, I have started to keep all my correspondance.:(

Ta,

Polo :ok:

circle kay
24th Apr 2007, 21:15
The department in JPAC that deals with CSA issues is not contactable by phone. The number passed by P1 is permanently ‘engaged’ even at 2am (I tried after a night flight). You can however, contact them by fax, then they can choose if or when to contact ‘the customer’:mad:

dogrobber
24th Apr 2007, 21:23
thx sth, surely that depends on whose view u r looking at, a redress only takes me up the military chain of command, its become obvious ,of late, that any senior commanders r unwilling, unable or r unsuited to challenge a lot of matters arising with todays issues( that would take a mass delivery of cajones and the only balls i see r the ones that end in up)......anyway comment noted ,and thx again for the input.

dogrobber
24th Apr 2007, 21:35
and another thing.....( sorry sth almost went into the beer call mode)...jpa r a private civilian company hired by mod....if they r not producing satisfactory results ( have to wait a moment , nearly laughed myself unconcious there ) then they r open to being sued like any other mickey mouse outfit....remember all the past guff that mod have been punched around the courts for, watch for the tv adverts , NO WIN NO FEE , its gonna happen , i just want a bit of administritave justice.

neilmac
25th Apr 2007, 08:40
I moved out of SSSA Accom told JPA/Human Resources but of course they continued to overpay me when I moved back into Mess. Then I owed them money which they have been taking off me, end of this month I have no confidence that they will get my pay back to the correct amount, the JPA farce affects peoples ability to work since they are constantly worrying about pay. Personally I can cope but what about say someone who has bills to pay and hasnt got the cash to cover it due to JPA? Is that person concentrating on the job? Unfortunately RAF will wait till an incident happens, get those Human Factors reports in!

And relax, deep breath!

NM

Wyler
25th Apr 2007, 08:49
I have it from a very well placed source that there are so many redresses/complaints in the system that it is unlikely all will be properly addressed. It is, in fact, being writen off as teething trouble fairly high up the chain. Good eh?

A new record in the office I share with 12 blue suiters. Last month none of them were paid correctly.

So glad I am out of it. Although, I do miss my two calls a day to JPAC and being called 'mate'.

Elmlea
25th Apr 2007, 11:00
Personally I can cope but what about say someone who has bills to pay and hasnt got the cash to cover it due to JPA?

I never thought about that. Due to a few hefty bills recently and an impending change in accommodation that JPA will need to charge me for, it wouldn't take too much of an error for me to be struggling.

If you couldn't pay a bill purely due to JPA not paying you correctly, and incurred all sorts of horrible fines, would JPA refund those? Would JPA repair your credit rating? Oh dear.

I can't believe there isn't a way for someone to open a file, click "level 8 Flt Lt" and "top rate flying pay" and "grade IV quarter" or whatever and there you go, problems fixed, pay correct. What takes them so long?

dogrobber
25th Apr 2007, 11:27
in an attempt to be fair i,ve just received an e-mail and confirmation call resolving my main issue with jpa, there r a few minor things ,but they seemed to have pulled out all the stops to satisfy my main concern..maybe they read this site, i hope so.......the secret was...............................:D

SaddamsLoveChild
25th Apr 2007, 11:38
Dogrobber, check your PMs but you aint seen me right

dogrobber
26th Apr 2007, 14:37
gotcha......followed ur advice ,again thx.

Ops_Monkey
27th Apr 2007, 01:41
JPA now owes me just over a £1k.

If it is not received soon i'm not going to work :eek: